Photo

The Walking Dead

2,027 replies to this topic
Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Figured someone was gonna get 'Tyreesed', and guessed they wouldn't kill him since he's basically a new character. Hershel and Michonne were outside, so it made sense it would be one of them. Would have been crazy if they did it to Michonne, but you could tell it wasn't gonna happen. Also, guessing the baby's alive, otherwise they wouldn't be so secretive about it. I have a feeling Rick and Carl might run into Morgan, and surely Carol's gonna show up again,

Spoiler

Taking-G
  • Taking-G

I'm still alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Nobody wins...

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

Pretty good episode really. Shame about Hershel even though I went on to facebook for 2 minutes before I see someones status saying he died which ruined it for me a little bit.

I'm glad the Governor is finally gone. I was starting to like him again because I thought he had changed but he went back to his old ways pretty quick. I guess he just lost it completely when he saw that girl had been bit, which I might add was so unexpected. I thought she'd escape but no. Brutal but it's good to be surprised.

f*cking glad that we're moving to a new scene as well, I can't wait to see where they go now. I was getting a little bit bored of the prison. Season 3 was my least favourite out of all of them but probably because not much was happening apart from the odd episode where it'd get a bit exciting. That's just my opinion of course, all entitled to our favourites.

Oh yeah, I thought Tyreese was dead for sure when he was getting shot at near the end and when those little girls killed the two people, I did a little fist pump. I love that guy, he's come close to death a few times in the season already, they better not kill him off too soon.

February cannot come quick enough, going to be so interesting. I might just not watch the first three episodes straight away then one night I'll just order some pizza and get some beers in and catch them all up in one go.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 03 December 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Looks like Michael Cudlitz (from Band of Brothers, Southland, and my personal favorite, D3: The Mighty Ducks 3) is going to play a big role in the next half of the season.  Cue Abraham.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Shoot, I'm always too late to the party...

Anyways, one of the best episodes to date! Gripping stuff and lot of shocking moments. Didn't expect Hershel to be killed, especially not like that. I loved the old man, man! And They better keep Michonne alive in the future, she's awesome!

I'm glad the Governor story has come to an end, and that they have finally left the prison. That place was getting boring lol.

Can't wait for the rest of season 4 next year...

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Oh man f*ck the Governor, I think it was he who f*cked up those survivalists in that cabin now with his 'Liar' thing. So glad he's gone.

I just, for once, want to see two groups come together and be like 'Hey, welcome, we have a safe place here. Doesn't it suck dick marauding around in the wilderness?' 

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Oh man f*ck the Governor, I think it was he who f*cked up those survivalists in that cabin now with his 'Liar' thing. So glad he's gone.

I just, for once, want to see two groups come together and be like 'Hey, welcome, we have a safe place here. Doesn't it suck dick marauding around in the wilderness?' 

The Walking Dead would not be interesting if they did that. It's been 3 years in their world or maybe 2. It's hard to get supplies for your own group. Adding more isn't really a good idea. Anyways I don't read the comics but I do know that Spoiler: They find a power plant and use that as their new home. Maybe that's when Negan ( The suppose most badass out of The Walking Dead villains comes into play. End Spoiler. 

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Negan shouldn't be in the show anytime soon. Out of 120 issues of the comic, the show is only around issue #50 right now.

3 DAYS FOLKS!!! :panic:

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

With only a little under 36 hours until the triumphant return of the 4th mid season premiere what are your hopes and expectations?
(If you have read the comics please do not spoil anything)

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm glad it's going this direction instead staying too long in the same place. I so can't wait to watch it again.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Damn.

I really have to catch up, last episode I watched was episode 3.

mfoster09
  • mfoster09

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

8 hours and 15 mins till the return of the greatest show on television!

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I waited ten weeks to watch the most boringest episode of the season? Thanks AMC.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hands up who wanted Carl to get bitten. :bbq:

Tyler
  • Tyler

Roy Orbison singing to the lonely

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Carl's gonna have some bad stomach issues after eating that pudding-in-a-can sh*t. At least Rick tried to bring out his inner Bill Murray for a moment. I still hate the sh*t out of Michonne. rip in peace Brian, you were truly the most complete character the show had seen yet. 

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Oh great, Carl's going through the rebellious teenager phase. I can get that he's frustrated that his new home is gone and all of his friends are missing, but he shouldn't harp on Rick for it.

I had only just begun to forgive him for indirectly killing Dale too...

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Really dug whiny Carl's performance this episode. And the whole thing was so faithful to the comics; that was cool. For once!

It was slow, sure, but intense. My wife threw her glass of water in the air when the walker burst through the attic door. Ha. Really interested in what happens next. Things are gonna be tense.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

They played that episode pretty close to the comics. Of course in the TV show Carl keeps growing older, and in the Comics at that point he's still only 8 or 9 years old.

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

I waited ten weeks to watch the most boringest episode of the season? Thanks AMC.

Looks like it'll be a slow start judging by the next episode as well, but it looks slightly better than the one we saw yesterday.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Oh great, Carl's going through the rebellious teenager phase. I can get that he's frustrated that his new home is gone and all of his friends are missing, but he shouldn't harp on Rick for it.

I had only just begun to forgive him for indirectly killing Dale too...

Yeah but Jeffrey Demunn is the one who really got Dale killed...his clock was ticking

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by TaviColen123, 11 February 2014 - 11:04 AM.

mfoster09, on 09 Feb 2014 - 7:45 PM, said:mfoster09, on 09 Feb 2014 - 7:45 PM, said:

Lol, not even close . BTW the guy who wrote the latest sh*tty episode was Robert Kirkman himself, so before fanboys claim that the comic books are so much better written when the same guy who wrote them is involved in the show should shut the f*ck up .

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 "Grand Theft Auto V"
    Best Concept Story 2012 "The Story of Albert de Silva"

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Did the baby get gobbled up?!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

mfoster09, on 09 Feb 2014 - 7:45 PM, said:mfoster09, on 09 Feb 2014 - 7:45 PM, said:

Lol, not even close . BTW the guy who wrote the latest sh*tty episode was Robert Kirkman himself, so before fanboys claim that the comic books are so much better written when the same guy who wrote them is involved in the show should shut the f*ck up .

I think this episode was more of a straight up adaptation of issue #50 of the comics, which is why Kirkman is credited with writing it.  Not sure if he wrote anything specific for the show.

"BTW", I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, he wrote the episode. And again the parallels between where the show is currently and where the comic is, are kinda hard to ignore. Ha. Especially the opening shot of the episode with the smoke. It's kinda funny when it happens, like back when they had that guy - Ted? - locked up in the shed on the show, and they had Jesus locked up in the comics.

Anyhow, it was a great episode. Looking forward to next week. Hope we see the new guys sooner rather than later.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, he wrote the episode. And again the parallels between where the show is currently and where the comic is, are kinda hard to ignore. Ha. Especially the opening shot of the episode with the smoke. It's kinda funny when it happens, like back when they had that guy - Ted? - locked up in the shed on the show, and they had Jesus locked up in the comics.

Anyhow, it was a great episode. Looking forward to next week. Hope we see the new guys sooner rather than later.

Do you think it's too much to hope that we see...

Spoiler

...by the end of the season?

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

Those that thought the mid-season premiere was slow and boring should stick to watching explosion filled movies like Fast and the Furious or The Expendables. :/

I thought the new episode was great, it was probably the closest adaption to the comics yet and I loved it. I know the show is supposed to be it's own story, but it's always nice to see a call back or reference to the comics.

It was a great episode for Carl's character development. He stepped up at the beginning as a self-claimed badass that didn't need Rick to survive, but by the episode's conclusion he realised he's not as hard as he thought.

Not many people like Carl's actor but he really pulled through as a leading man in the latest episode. I don't think many actors on the show could handle a full episode based on them, and as the youngest, Chandler Riggs really proved his worth. :^:

Michone's subplot was pretty interesting aswell, especially her trippy flashback/dream that freaked me the f*ck out!. I didn't notice until Talking Dead that she avoided the other survivors tracks at the prison and chose to go solo with her new pets. But when she saw her walker doppleganger she realised she didn't want to be alone anymore and decided to follow Rick and Carl's tracks. Thats some pretty deep stuff.

Although episode 9 was a pretty big step back in action compared to episode 8, the episode featured amazing emotional perfomances from the 2 characters that needed it most. There were a few memorable moments, including Carl "enjoying the little things" and taking out a tri-fecta of walkers by himself. And Michone's walkler twin, which was both humorous and eerily disturbing. All in all it was a very interesting episode, and I can't wait until next week's.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:38 AM

Do you think it's too much to hope that we see...

Spoiler

...by the end of the season?

I think it depends on whether or not they wanna introduce the... well, the other bad guys on the way. We've already gone through the "Rick is crazy talking into a telephone" subplot so I don't think it's a stretch to have it end up there by the end of the season.

As far as the other bad guys -

Spoiler

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Did the baby get gobbled up?!

I'm gonna bet Tyreese has her.

• The Leviathan likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Carl's gonna have some bad stomach issues after eating that pudding-in-a-can sh*t. At least Rick tried to bring out his inner Bill Murray for a moment. I still hate the sh*t out of Michonne. rip in peace Brian, you were truly the most complete character the show had seen yet.

I feel like Shane was probably the most complete/deepest character out of the show.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Please qualify that before I make a hasty generalization.

• Tyler likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users