Photo

The Walking Dead

2,538 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by iNero, 09 November 2013 - 07:05 AM.

The kid who died seemed as Doug from the videogame to me. 

And te show is getting worse with every new episode. Im glad I read comics.

lol. wtf are you talkin about?

glad you are not the majority... by far not...

No idea how one can really say it gets worse and worse...

@Topic

Reall liked the first 4 Episodes of Season 4. Seems like they go on with focus on the virus again this time.

I love when they go out to explore and collect food and stuff. almost every time something really interessting happens. so often mind blown.

Also glad that less of the known characters died at the end of season 3.

Was really sad that so many great people died at the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Yeah S4 is great so far. I don't like that Carol is gone now, I liked her. Maybe we'll see her again?

They should rather get rid of that Bob guy (the alcoholic), he's my least favorite character at the moment

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

NO! We're one minor character away from a "The Wire' reunion special!

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

To be honest, the first 2 seasons were magnificent. Season 3 was alright, but season 4 is just downright awful. Believe me, I used to be a die-hard fan, but these last 2 seasons just aren't as great to me for some reason.

The season premiere for the fourth season was absolutely retarded. Season one's opening scene set the story into motion, obviously. Season two's opening scene was great, they had just escaped the CDC & Rick made his final radio transmission to Morgan. Season three's opening scene was dead silent, the tension was extremely high. Then season four's opening scene is Rick... farming... for about a minute before the title credits began.

It truly is getting worse by the episode. I also thought it was SO stupid how season three's finale made a big ass deal over Andrea dying to save the Woodbury residents, just for season four to begin & kill off half of them? I'd be so much happier if badass comic Andrea were coming to life this season, but no. Everyone' getting swine flu & dying. Also, having Carol kill Karen & David was so sketchy. She obviously struggled killing that walker by the river when she was trying to fix the water supply, so for her to single-handedly take down 2 sick people who haven't turned yet is just ridiculous to me.

I know I'm probably get massive hate for this, but I just feel that the series has taken a turn for the worst. Every time someone in the group offers to do something, someone else is always like "No, you stay here," it's just all gotten so repetitive. I feel like they're trying too hard to add shock value by killing off so many characters this season, but it's really just not working out as well as the writers probably thought it would. Also, I'm not exactly sure why everyone is so in love with Daryl Dixon, he's just a lame attempt at the show trying to incorporate a "cool guy."

The comics are way better than what the show has become. So if you want some real thrills, go read them.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm glad Joffrey killed you. I mean, you're welcome to your opinion but I've gotta say you're objectively wrong. :p

Honestly, I don't understand how anyone could have possibly enjoyed season two more than this season. The pacing this year is incredible; the episodes - even the slow one last week - are full of zombie killin' goodness and tension, and great character drama.

The reveal of the Governor this episode was just about the cheesiest thing they've done since they had the latino gang protecting the nursing home. I'm glad all of the characters have conveniently forgotten about those dudes. But yeah, what could this goofy creep bag possibly be doing, stalking around staring at the fence and sh*t? I'm thinking maybe, somehow, he had a hand in bringing the virus to the prison, but it seems like a pretty convoluted revenge scheme when he could have simply poisoned them or sniped 'em or, I dunno, set the forest on fire.

So I'm kinda torn between how bad-ass I thought it was that he's come back and how corny it was. Heh. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out. And Abraham.

Jesus Christ that attack in the sick wing was tense and Herschel was awesome. But not as awesome as Maggie. Kinda feels like she's the new Andrea (comics version).

• darthYENIK likes this

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Mean! :p

I just have lost a lot of interest in the show as it went on, sadly. Sure, season two did drag on a bit, but the reveal of Sophia being in the barn the whole time was probably one of the most shocking scenes in the entire series. When her leg first came out the barn door, I seriously believed it was just a kid coming out of the barn to show how horrible the apocalypse has been to everyone, but when the camera moved up & it was Sophia, I was in complete shock!

Anyways, yeah, I'm assuming they'll just morph comic-Andrea into tv-Maggie since Beth surely isn't going to do anything but take care of Judith & Carol's been shunned. Originally thought after season 3's finale that Karen would take the role of comic-Andrea & Beth would become comic-Carol (mentally unstable & whatnot) but that's obviously not going to happen.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well... last night was all kinds of cool and troubling. I mean, really, this guy's a mass murderer - are they trying to make us like him? Of course they are. And it's awesome.

I'm looking forward to next week for sure.

• The Odyssey likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

What happened to this guy, I don't know why but I really liked him.

250px-Season_four_sam.png

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

^They assumed him dead because they found his girlfriend's leg. He could make a cameo in the future, but I doubt it because his role was so minor. Although there's also the possibility that he'll meet up with Carol.

I wasn't expecting a full Governor-centered episode, it was a nice surprise, and it seems they'll be doing it again next week. It makes you wonder if the writers think he can still be redeemed. It would be a hell of a twist if he ended up changing for the better and actually end up helping Rick, but I doubt it considering he was most likely the one feeding the walkers rats along the fence.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

I feel like they're telegraphing a Carol/Martinez meetup; feels like something the show would want to do. Think Abraham is part of that group?

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't know, probably. Remember when Daryl was driving on the way to the veterinary college and heard a radio signal with a voice? That was probably Abraham's group.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well... last night was all kinds of cool and troubling. I mean, really, this guy's a mass murderer - are they trying to make us like him? Of course they are. And it's awesome.

I'm looking forward to next week for sure.

That's TV now-a-days.  The bad guys become good guys, the good guys become bad guys.

Not sure if I like it in this instance.  It kind of feels forced.  Although it's a lot easier to like the TV Governor, than the comics Governor.  

Spoiler
 But I think they can pull it off.  I just don't want to see him show up at the prison and teaming up with Rick and the gang.  I want the hate he has for Rick and Michonne to never die, and never bend for the sake of us pulling for both parties.

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

A whole episode of Governor goodness! Beautiful!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Not really show related, but I need to brag. I found about a dozen trade paperbacks of the comics at my local public library. And luckily for me, having read compendium #1, they have every volume collected in compendium #2. After that I just have to read volumes 17-20, and issues 115-116, and I'm officially caught up with the comic. Never thought I'd do it.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well, they blew it. Just as I was starting to like the Governor they turned him into a power-hungry asshole again.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well, they blew it. Just as I was starting to like the Governor they turned him into a power-hungry asshole again.

That's how he should be imo. I love to hate him. I didn't particularly like the nicer Governor in the previous episode...

Btw I have no idea what you're talking about because I only get to watch TWD on Fridays

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Blew it? More like YES YES YES GIVE ME MORE EVIL GOVERNOR PLEASE.

That was such a good episode. Cannot wait until next week. The tank was the first tip off, to us comic fans. Booya.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Blew it? More like YES YES YES GIVE ME MORE EVIL GOVERNOR PLEASE.

That was such a good episode. Cannot wait until next week. The tank was the first tip off, to us comic fans. Booya.

Yeah, why would we want to like him?  He's a believable type of evil, and I'm so happy he found Martinez's group and systematically remade a Woodbury type situation.  It's cool, because you can probably imagine a similar situation happened before Woodbury.  He found a group, eliminated all the swinging dicks, and made sure the ones left over knew who is the boss.  Then he found a place to live.

You can probably guess what he circled on that map.  You can probably guess where he plans on moving his people.  And as a comic fan,

Spoiler
 Of course, this show doesn't exactly follow the comics, and having another
Spoiler
wouldn't be very fun.  Even with a tank.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm not familiar with the coimcs. What do you expect is going to happen next? You said the tank was a tip-off so you must have some idea.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well, we know from the preview that a showdown is gonna go down. Repetitive, maybe, but it happened that way in the comic too. Lots of Hectoring from the gates.

Whatstrength, to spin it without tipping any spoilers, the shot from the preview - with the tank outside the prison - was a very pivotal moment in the story. Many things were different but even more are the same at this point - I can imagine it playing out fairly close.

That said, we fans of the comics should try not to lose our heads over the next few episodes.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, I didn't see the preview until today. Looks pretty close to the comics.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Well, I wonder who's head The Governor will be raising this Sunday.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Oh you guys, I'm sure the heads will roll when they see this episode, or maybe not...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

Well I seen the episode and might I say a bit disappointed. 

Don't read if you didn't watch:

Hershel died a crazy death. They build up the Governor in the last two episodes like he's the ultimate badass. I honestly think he should of either killed Rick or Daryl so we would all remember the Governor. I feel that this episode is what Season 3 final should be. Governor dies and wrecks the prison. I never read the comic but I heard of this guy called Negan. If he's a badass like I heard he is. Maybe it would be good to see him in the season final ( I heard AMC hired a actor to act him ) and kill off Daryl. 

You guys might wonder why I keep saying kill Daryl off. Well I feel his character is too fake. First he was a racist redneck and now he's everyone's favorite man. They f*cked up his character. He isn't racist anymore, he cares for people now, he doesn't even sound the same from Season 1. 

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Those little girls are pretty awesome i have to say. As for the episode it was great, miles ahead of the season 3 finale, in fact this should have been the season 3 finale .

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have to admit I cried a little after today's episode. It was a very emotional episode . After Judith goes missing, and Rick almost looses Carl, and. Hershel oh man I can't wait for February

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Holy F*ck.

That scene with Rick and Carl discovering the baby's cradle abandoned was f*cking brutal, seeing Carl fire into the waker repeatedly, even when he ran out of bullets as his wounded, beaten and batter father grabbed him was heart-wrenching. Probably the second most dramatic part of the episode, the first evidently being Hershal's untimely demise, the moment his smile began to grow, my heart began to sink.

I am thankful that The Govenor storyline has finally come to an end though, that prison held to much darkness and bad blood for any of them to stay there. It's gone back to being the graveyard it was at the start of Season 3, and it should always and forever remain that way. I love how Micchone didn't even bother finishing Brian off, she gave him a look that said "You're not even worth it, enjoy being eaten alive you one-eyed f*ck". There were so many good things about this episode, and the way that they lead up to it was f*cking brilliant, Hershal's death was all the sharper thanks to that f*cking amazing Internment episode, the way that Daryl went into Rambo-mode on that tank and how Lizzie blew Aisha's head of without a second thought. 

f*ckin' awesome.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Wow.
Judith, Meghan and Hershell.
The people you'd least expect to be killed off, we're killed off. Brutal episode. Reminds me of the comics.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 02 December 2013 - 06:51 PM.

This was probably my favorite episode in the series since the show premiere a few years back. It was so satisfying to see the Governor finally be killed off. I wish they had made him suffer more, maybe let him be eaten alive by walkers while he bled out from the stab wound. I hated him so much that I was happy that Meagan died, just so he would die inside a little more.

Also, isn't it possible that one of the survivors rescued Judith? That would be a nice surprise.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

You can probably guess what he circled on that map.  You can probably guess where he plans on moving his people.  And as a comic fan, you can probably guess that he's going to tell his people that Rick's group are a bunch of crazed killers, then when they get there they'll probably refuse to kill women and kids.  The Governor will point a gun at Carl or someone, and Lily will kill him.  Of course, this show doesn't exactly follow the comics, and having another battle at the prison wouldn't be very fun.  Even with a tank.

I almost got it right.  I knew when they captured Hershel and Michonne what exactly was going to go down.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users