Photo

The Walking Dead

2,027 replies to this topic
Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 08 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

I like this show, can't wait to see the governor come back, didn't think he would survive the end of season 3 (I haven't read the comics)

a show with this kinda slow pacing and less formulaic season structure than the standard show is refreshing.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Man, was anybody else disappointed with the season premier?

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Man, was anybody else disappointed with the season premier?

Umm, no. What the hell were you watching? I thought it was great. And it's only the first episode. Give it time to get going.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by DOOM!, 15 October 2013 - 07:10 PM.

I understand this is the first episode, but I felt like the situation with Rick was played out way to long and just seemed unnecessary.plus, It's strange seeing all new faces and it was hard to gain any interest in new characters.

Only thing that interested me in this episode is the fact that Rick has became a little soft and that the group was or went out to Macon, which is where The Walking Dead game (TellTale) takes place for a bit.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

I personally don't like all the kids. I never liked Carl's character, or any kids in shows like this and now there are more of them....Luckily though, it seems that Carl isn't going to be such a jerk now, I think since there are more kids around he's gotten better.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Damn, I didn't want Harry Potter to die :(

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

The kid who died seemed as Doug from the videogame to me. 

And te show is getting worse with every new episode. Im glad I read comics.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

I personally don't like all the kids. I never liked Carl's character, or any kids in shows like this and now there are more of them....Luckily though, it seems that Carl isn't going to be such a jerk now, I think since there are more kids around he's gotten better.

I agree, too many kids now. Hopefully they will all be killed off soon haha. I've never liked Carl either.

I liked the first episode, and the whole scene where the walkers fell through the roof was awesome!!

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

The kid who died seemed as Doug from the videogame to me. 

So I am not the only one. I even used google to make sure it wasn't the same guy (It wasn't)

episode 2 was better, we just need to governor to come back.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Sofar it's looking good. Last season was just so terrible and lame but a good build up for this season. Hopefully things get's different this time. 

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Enjoyed this episode a lot.

Spoiler

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

It is a shame everyone is coughing and dying...lol

They are getting everyone worked up and worried about our favorite characters dying..

I wonder if they have the guts to kill off the most favorite characters of the show..

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:40 AM Edited by Flight180Victm, 28 October 2013 - 08:41 AM.

I just hope they don't kill off Darryl, Rick, or Glenn... :cry:

But I know they will eventually...just don't know when.

Zizo008
  • Zizo008

Back.

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Guys, can anybody tell me the first half of the last two episodes? I always come home late for the beginning.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by MindCorrupt, 29 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Spoiler

Series 4 episode 3 spoiler

Spoiler

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • Flight180Victm likes this

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Most likely. This is definitely building up to something big!

Pickle_Fanny
  • Pickle_Fanny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Pickle_Fanny, 04 November 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Wow... While I love TWD, this season has felt pretty un-entertaining. So far the entire show is just rick crying over his crops. In S4 E4

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, you can't have a season like the last one where so much is happening all at once, and then follow it up with a season where they're slowly dying off from disease.

But that's kind of what the comics feels like at times.  Two or three issues where nothing is happening really, and then boom, [book spoiler]

Spoiler

ItsTotesSoFluffy
  • ItsTotesSoFluffy

Zombie

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

I wish they would of gone the comic route with Carol, I can't stand her in the tv show :(

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

I love Carol and I really hope this isn't the end of her. Though I have a feeling we'll see her again eventually. I really enjoyed this episode and while a lot of you want fast paced action, I kinda enjoy the slow beginning to this season. It gives us a breather before stuff starts going ape sh*t.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

This season's been the best yet. Kind of blown away by people criticizing it as slow or boring when there's been horrific violence in every episode so far. Not to mention a far more intelligent structure and realistic - within the confines of the genre - storytelling.

Y'all are nuts, is what I'm saying.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

This season's been the best yet. Kind of blown away by people criticizing it as slow or boring when there's been horrific violence in every episode so far. Not to mention a far more intelligent structure and realistic - within the confines of the genre - storytelling.

Glad i'm not the only one who's loving this season... ;)

• Otter likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

Dunno about best yet. S2 is the best so far for me.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by Max., 06 November 2013 - 07:18 PM.

I'm an avid fan of the show, love it, but I saw the first episode of the latest series and for some reason it just filled me with...frustration? Just when everything was going well and we could start to move onto a storylines revolving around rebuilding (An aspect of the apocalypse genre which in my opinion is sadly unexplored) things go tits up again.

I haven't watched any more yet, which I obviously will. But I had myself psyched up for a very different series, however it appears that we're back to bare survival. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

If you're into a "rebuilding" storyline, I think you'd have a blast with the original "Survivors" series from the BBC. Really well done.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

If you're into a "rebuilding" storyline, I think you'd have a blast with the original "Survivors" series from the BBC. Really well done.

I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

So I just watched ep. 2 and I'm back into the series 1/2 mindset and think its shaping up to be a more frantic and action packed series than any of the previous ones. Will be very interesting to say the least. I've not read the graphic novel so I have no idea how it ends, but I have a question for those who have. Does knowing the major plot points beforehand mean you're not so involved when watching the show? Or is it just fantastic to see it all come to life? 

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

So I just watched ep. 2 and I'm back into the series 1/2 mindset and think its shaping up to be a more frantic and action packed series than any of the previous ones. Will be very interesting to say the least. I've not read the graphic novel so I have no idea how it ends, but I have a question for those who have. Does knowing the major plot points beforehand mean you're not so involved when watching the show? Or is it just fantastic to see it all come to life? 

To be honest, most of the stuff that happens isn't the same as the comics. Finding Hershel's farm, Shane going crazy and settling in the prison with the Governor lurking in Woodbury are about it really. Hell, in the comics (assuming you don't mind some minor spoilers that have zero linkage to the TV show), Dale was still around when they got to the prison, Sophia and Andrea are still alive, and Daryl is non-existent. I can tell you however, whilst trying my best not to spoil anything, that the "Sanctuary" heard over the radio is involved in the comics, and I'm quite pumped to see the direction the TV show is going to go with it.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Don't watch the new one however, you'll be devo when you watch the first two season and loving it only to realise they axed it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users