1,551 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I like the episode, glad to see Rick finally looked up without visions of that annoying woman, Lori.

Carl killing that kid, and putting Rick in his place, was also a pretty funny moment too, reminds me of the song in robocop2 - 'The Kid's Gone Wild'.

It leaves me wondering though where will the next season kick off? Perhaps Carl will go on walkabouts and have his own separate story-arc. whatsthat.gif

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 13:19)
It leaves me wondering though where will the next season kick off? Perhaps Carl will go on walkabouts and have his own separate story-arc. whatsthat.gif

Man, that's a great idea! That would be cool to see. Just hope he doesn't mess up like the last time, when he dropped that gun and almost got bit (season 2 i think)

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Coming up to the last episode of season two in a few moments.
Finally that prick Shane got what was coming to him.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 19:50)
Coming up to the last episode of season two in a few moments.
Finally that prick Shane got what was coming to him.

Don't come in here, too many spoilers.
You are very far behind.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

SEASON 1 - 3 SPOILERS

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

You will die of laughter! lol.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Season 4 officially began filming on Monday, May 6 in Georgia. And to add to the excitement, Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl on the show, recently tweeted "Episode one is huge. I promise you'll freakout. gonna be SO GOOD." Reedus then posted a photo with Nicotero himself, saying "Ep1 is gonna RULE."

AMC has yet to reveal the official season 4 premiere date, but it's expected to begin sometime in October, as it has in the previous three seasons.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

Less than 200 people at zombie school this season. Think there will be less hordes?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 17 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

SEASON 4 TRAILER ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!

INTRODUCING BOB STOOKEY

user posted image

ANOTHER THREAT BESIDES WALKERS AND HUMANS:
Bigger danger may be lurking in the corner when "The Walking Dead" returns with its fourth season. Speaking to TV Guide about the upcoming installment of the popular post-apocalyptic series, Robert Kirkman reveals that zombies and humans are not the only things that threaten the existence of Rick and his gang.

"There is a considered effort towards reminding people just how big of a threat the zombies truly are," he says of the tone of season 4. "I don't think we ever truly got away from that, but we did shift our focus to a human antagonist in season 3. In season 4, we are definitely focusing on the zombies, showing them as a clear threat, and bringing them back to the forefront to a certain extent. They will be a very present, huge danger that everyone will have to deal with. But at the same time, we liked bringing in humans as a big threat in season 3."

He goes on dishing, "We are bringing in another threat, which is nature itself. I don't really want to get into specifics too much, but I will say that there is a third uncontrollable, almost undefeatable threat that is going to come in when the characters of the show are at their most vulnerable. It's really going to be something that they have a hard time dealing with."

As for The Governor who is still out there, Kirkman teases that "there is definitely something brewing on the horizon. You'll never know how it is going to happen or when. It's largely an unknown threat, but that guy hasn't gone away."

New showrunner Scott Gimple adds that the next season will have "a good amount of dark story time... There's some interesting lighter stuff. It's 'The Walking Dead', it's not 'Seinfeld'. Things do get dark. Things do get rough and scary and exciting. There is a little balance of funny, though."

Asked if the show will eventually feature [SPOILER ALERT!] Rick losing his hand like in the comics, both Kirkman and Gimple play coy with their answers. "I will say Scott Gimple is a huge comic fan and may possibly be trying to steer me into letting the show be closer to what the comic books are. Also people could be misinterpreting those photos. Who knows?" the former says, as the latter adds, "I may have convinced him. Possibly. We may not know that."

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, it's revealed that the Governor would still be very much part of the storyline as Michonne is "on a mission to hunt down the Governor." "It's something she's very obsessed with," Kirkman explained. "It's big part of her character this season. She did lose Andrea and she lost her because of the Governor. She's not willing to let that guy go or be out there. It's something that may possibly be to her detriment, the fact that she's so dedicated to finding this person."

"The Walking Dead" will return in October on AMC and will hold a panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 19 at 1:35 P.M. in Hall H. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the comic books.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

I Hope Season 4 will be Epic!

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 17 July 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Note: I've never read the comics. Just my opinion on fav. season and so on.

Season 1 > My favorite so far AND it only had 6 episodes. It was tense,creepy and very
satisfying. Just the whole atmosphere was great. 9.8/10

Season 2
> Started off great then once they hit the farm house it got very slow for my taste
but then the finale picked it up a bit. I am a fan of character development but idk just didn't do it
for me in the middle there. 7.8/10

Season 3
> Boy did they fit a lot of stuff into season 3. I liked the prison and all that. The Governor
was interesting. It had action (definitely didn't skimp out on that). Some character deaths I wasn't
expecting. Did have a few episodes of sleepy.gif like season 2 ...Overall, better than season 2 but not quite as satisfying as
season 1. 8.6/10

Definitely am looking forward to season 4. Hope it doesn't get convoluted with so many characters.(season 3 was on the border)
I hope the show can bring my interest level back to season 1 status. Every week I wanted more and was wondering
what would happen next.

P.S. Wish Frank Darabont would have stayed on with the show in some form. confused.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 19 July 2013 - 06:11 PM.

LOTS OF NEW NEWS: http://www.hollywood...michonne-584698

TRAILER FOR SEASON 4 BETWEEN 1 AND 3 HOURS!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

In the trailer Michonne had a map and they showed Macon. What are the chances of Lee making a cameo? biggrin.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:20)

Season 1 > My favorite so far AND it only had 6 episodes. It was tense,creepy and very
[b]
Sea

Season 1 was definatly my Favourite 10/10 for me

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 13:01)
In the trailer Michonne had a map and they showed Macon. What are the chances of Lee making a cameo? biggrin.gif

Considering the show is looking like it's a year or more after the initial outbreak, Lee is probably long gone. That's assuming that the game and the show are in the same canon, which they're not if memory serves.

Glenn is from Macon, so I assume if anything would happen there, it would involve him.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Holy crap, just saw the trailer, seems like it is more gonna be about the zombies again.
Nice!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Still no UK trailer. suicidal.gif
On Topic: 16 episodes. 8 episodes starting from Sunday, October 13. The remaining 8 in February 2014.

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 22:36)
On Topic: 16 episodes. 8 episodes starting from Sunday, October 13. The remaining 8 in February 2014.

Dude, just use this. A american proxy... icon14.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (guib @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 23:41)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 22:36)

Dude, just use this. A american proxy... icon14.gif

Never mind. Someone uploaded it.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 21:05)
QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 22:20)

[b]
Sea

Season 1 was definatly my Favourite 10/10 for me

Season 1 wasn't my favorite. It was my least favorite. The show didn't even feel like a show. It just felt like a comic with poor character development. Season 2 had the best character development in the whole show. You get to see the NEW shane and understand some of the characters. Still some of them made some poor choices. Season 3 is where they were smart and were surviving. The only problem I didn't like about Season 3 was it's last episode ( Which they suck with Season Finale ) and the lack of Walker danger. Season 4 it seems like they up the danger of the walkers. I wonder if the governor is coming back. ( Please don't spoil me comic book readers )

Dale - Wants to save everyone. Even the enemy and I'm glad he was killed off before Season 3. If he didn't want to leave and was on Season 3 I could tell he could of ruin that season.

Andrea - Honestly she was nothing more than a slut. Sleeping with every man she sees and has the worst judgement out of everyone.

Carl - I'm liking the new carl. Not the helpless one we saw in Season 1 and 2. He can hold his own.

Lori - What can I say about her. I HATE her and was glad she died. She turned Rick and Shane against each other.

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 22:58)
Season 2 had the best character development in the whole show.

Yeah, but season 2 is also the most boring one of the three, almost no "oh my god, we're all gonna die" moment until the end, season 3 is my favorite, despite the lack of walkers, it had the most exciting plot, only the way the governor left didn't felt entirely good to me.

I think if the governor does return in the season, he will come in blasting and either killing a very important character, or all the prison characters that aren't important, but I think there is a small chance that he will return this season.

What I do hope is that they get greater character development for the woman, they tried it with Andrea and Lori, and although Lori's death was a good one, Andrea's whole character was a big bag of sh*t. Like redx165 above me said: just a whore with a poor written story line, no offense to the actress, but I am really glad that they killed her off.

Anyone else feels like Carol should be Andrea of the comics? (Not that I read the comics, but I heard she was badass in the comics)

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 23:58)
( Please don't spoil me comic book readers )

Trust me, it's not really possible to spoil the show via comic spoilers any more; the show's gone off on its own tangent and many things don't happen as they do in the comics. An example would be that the season finale should have been an utter bloodbath for both sides, and I was expecting it to be. I was surprised that it was as nice as it was, as if they're afraid to follow some of the comic's more shocking moments.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

At the end of the trailer, the Metal Gear Solid 3 radio sound is used. mercie_blink.gif

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

I love this show. This may sound weird, but honestly I like Season 2 the most. It did have great moments and great character development. Season 1 was too short and Episode 5 Wildfire was really boring, Season 3 did have some great episodes, but a couple of them were really boring. Hounded, I Ain't no Judas, and Arrow on the Doorpost are three really boring Season 3 episodes.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 26 July 2013 - 04:02 PM.

It's been confirmed that The Governor is having 2 episodes focused on his back story.
Also: Future spoilers for casting and a spoiler explaining it ahead. Abraham, Dr Eugene Porter and Rosita Espinosa are coming on Episode 10 of Season 4.

Check out this filming picture: http://imgur.com/DOjGXz7
Most of the Comic Con photos: http://imgur.com/a/FVG0S
Carol acting suspicious in the trailer: http://imgur.com/a/wQIBT

Cody5699
  • Cody5699

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Daryl will possible die toward the end of season 4 confirmed

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

I got a problem. I love the walking dead but I'm missing series 3 (the one where they are in a prison I think) does anybody know of any apps (Xbox 360, or iPad) or anywhere I can watch it from the first episode?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Zombie Baby confirmed!: http://www.spoilertv...atest-from.html

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Cody5699 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:19)
Daryl will possible die toward the end of season 4 confirmed

I wish....

Source?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Goddamn Fall is going to be great this year.

I only started with Walking Dead a few months ago. I remember watching the first episode of season 1, I was not that into it. In fact, I wasn't going to even bother with episode 2. I am so glad my friend told me to at least watch the second episode and give it a chance because within minutes of starting episode 2 I was hooked.

I literally had a Walking Dead marathon after that and tried to watch as much as possible. It took me about 2 days to finish season 1 and a week to finish season 2. Season 3 I paced myself because I knew the wait for season 4 would be difficult.

I think my favourite of the seasons would have to be season 1. Season 2 was great but things got a little slow at the farmhouse until the last few episodes. I understand why that was done tho, for character development.

I never read the comics but as far as I am aware they don't really go into what caused the zombie apocalypse or how to cure it...I hope that the show does try to touch on that tho because it really interested me to see the CDC and what was being done in season 1. I highly doubt the show would go in that direction but it would be nice to touch on it more than they did in season 1 and why it is exactly that every one is a carrier of the zombie virus and reanimate upon death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users