» «
Photo

The Walking Dead

1,543 replies to this topic
Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Welp, Governor just went f*cking postal. Too bad he left Lilly alive, that's definitely going to be his downfall.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

The finale was so-so, I expected you know who to die but I guess that's for another year.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:09)
I expected you know who to die but I guess that's for another year.

Who? I want to know. I didn't expect the Governor to die. But this season finale has made me quite happy. The dumb bitch, known as Andrea, is dead! I haven't had a hatred on any other character in my life, as I did on Andrea. Now then, why don't they bring in a girl like the Andrea in the comics, and make us forget about that horrible character!

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

I feel empty. So very empty. I can't believe they botched up the finale so bad. What a disappointment. I mean disappointing on the level of Prison Break season 4.

>Governor still alive
>All of these Woodbury asswipes are suddenly friendly
>Draining the resources
>Still at the prison
>Trying to make us feel bad for Andrea
>No satisfactory conclusion

I'll give the show one more chance in October for the premiere.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:14)

Who? I want to know. I didn't expect the Governor to die. But this season finale has made me quite happy. The dumb bitch, known as Andrea, is dead! I haven't had a hatred on any other character in my life, as I did on Andrea. Now then, why don't they bring in a girl like the Andrea in the comics, and make us forget about that horrible character!

I was actually hoping for Andrea to redeem herself and become comic Andrea. I knew I was in the minority on /co/, but I guess that's true here as well.

Maybe I just have sh*t taste in survivors.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 22:14)

Ah I didn't know I was free to talk about the episodes haha. I thought the governer would die honestly and like strength said, they literally forget about the governer in the end and just worry about Andrea which I hated with a passion. It's like they believed the end is over, that's what I saw in their faces the whole time. They never showed us what happened to the governer and the 2 other guys with him, it's like they just blasted off to another country.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:17)
QUOTE (The General @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:14)

I was actually hoping for Andrea to redeem herself and become comic Andrea. I knew I was in the minority on /co/, but I guess that's true here as well.

Maybe I just have sh*t taste in survivors.

I don't think she had any redemption in herself, especially when she is kinda the reason that Woodbury has lost so many. She tried to save people, but in the end she only caused more death. She had that one chance of killing the Governor, and didn't take it.

And I do hope they can somehow bring in Andrea from the comics.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

So who wants to bet on Herschel being our new tainted meat? If you compare show Herschel to comic Dale, you'll notice how well it would fit.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:28)
So who wants to be on Herschel being our new tainted meat? If you compare show Herschel to comic Dale, you'll notice how well it would fit.

Yeah, I've figure that Herschel is the new Dale. And yeah, I can see him dieing next season, though I hope he doesn't.

bowling...?
  • bowling...?

Turkey

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Everyone complaining will most likely come back for season four but I also agree with this finale feeling more like the episode before the season finale. It was a good episode but a bad ending to a season. It should have been a two hour special with less commercials.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (bowling...? @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 04:10)
Everyone complaining will most likely come back for season four but I also agree with this finale feeling more like the episode before the season finale. It was a good episode but a bad ending to a season. It should have been a two hour special with less commercials.

I'm going to wait for Season 4. But they hype it up to be so good. So no one in Ricks group killed anyone from Woodbury besides Carl. 27 people died but we might know about 3 of them. Too much music in one episode. Then they tried to make us feel sorry for Andrea. Whom I never liked. I don't know about you but The Walking Dead sucks at making Season Finale. Maybe LOST corrupt my mine with their great finals.

aquateen87
  • aquateen87

Remember, no fear.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

The season finale started great and disappointed me in the end. I really wanted the prison arc to be done with and the governor to have died. Now it's like they're pulling a 'Merle' with the governor and not have him come back for awhile.

Anyways, I feel like the producers will change things up a bit with the show. I'm guessing for Season 4, they're going to bring the hunters into the prison and have them snatch people from the group one by one until there are suspicions about people missing.

Maybe then, we'll get our tainted meat scene. devil.gif

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

About time Andrea died.

Anyway, the Governor is confirmed for bad-ass of the year, the part where he mows down his own group was gruesome.

user posted image

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah as others have said the season finale was completely and utterly disappointing. I'll likely watch season four but I wont be anticipating it. Overall this season has been the worst one so far for me.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I only hated that the Governor is still alive.
IMO it should have ended with Morgan coming out of nowhere shooting the Governor and then fading to black.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

That was a great season finale. Loved everything about it. Honestly felt like they could have killed anyone.

I also love that the Governor is still alive. I felt his demise in the comics was satisfying, but them pulling almost a complete 180 for the show was surprising and, holy sh*t, harrowing. What role he plays in the future is so up in the air now, but I expect we can expect him to lay low for at least a season.

Do you guys think they'll go with the Hunters storyline? I doubt that could carry an entire season. And aside from a few left over prison stories from the book, I can't see them sticking around for too long. Anyone's guess at this point!

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I enjoyed it pretty much. I wonder how long it will be before Carl turns his gun on Rick. Also, good riddance to mouth agape, furrowed brow, overacting, ineffectual, lame assed TV Andrea.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 18:58)
That was a great season finale. Loved everything about it. Honestly felt like they could have killed anyone.

I also love that the Governor is still alive. I felt his demise in the comics was satisfying, but them pulling almost a complete 180 for the show was surprising and, holy sh*t, harrowing. What role he plays in the future is so up in the air now, but I expect we can expect him to lay low for at least a season.

Do you guys think they'll go with the Hunters storyline? I doubt that could carry an entire season. And aside from a few left over prison stories from the book, I can't see them sticking around for too long. Anyone's guess at this point!

Well, Morrissey's confirmed to be back in season 4 as a regular. So I'm guessing that's when we'll get a confrontation between him and Rick and see the prison fall, which makes sense since they're probably just trying to squeeze out as much of this story arc as they can before they have to move on. The Governor will surely get a new crew or join one right? I'm thinking maybe they'll incorporate him in with The Hunters or probably their own non-comic group. It'd be kinda cool to see The Governor rolling with a bunch of psychotic killers like himself, although having constant attacks on the prison would just get boring. Why didn't they just stay at Woodbury? It's a lot better than that walker/corpse-ridden prison.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 18:54)
IMO it should have ended with Morgan coming out of nowhere shooting the Governor and then fading to black.

Haha that would've been funny as hell biggrin.gif

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 17:54)

I think the actor who plays Morgan is starring on a new show on AMC so that's why they haven't been able to bring him back.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 11:11)

Well, Morrissey's confirmed to be back in season 4 as a regular. So I'm guessing that's when we'll get a confrontation between him and Rick and see the prison fall, which makes sense since they're probably just trying to squeeze out as much of this story arc as they can before they have to move on. The Governor will surely get a new crew or join one right? I'm thinking maybe they'll incorporate him in with The Hunters or probably their own non-comic group. It'd be kinda cool to see The Governor rolling with a bunch of psychotic killers like himself, although having constant attacks on the prison would just get boring. Why didn't they just stay at Woodbury? It's a lot better than that walker/corpse-ridden prison.

I think Woodbury is a little too indefensible against a human threat. The prison offers a little but more protection; at least when they use the front door. tounge.gif

It would be interesting to see the assault proper. With (comic spoiler) a tank and a Tyreese beheading.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, it was a great episode, especially in the end when you feel that there is hope for them. Kind of Rick redemption by staying who he really is.

That whole scene of the Philip killing everyone was awesome though, for a moment I thought Martinez or Shupert were going to shoot at the Governor, but they just got cowardly in their car.
Allen was really an idiot, he could and should have shot the moment Philip reached for his handgun. A little fake that none of those people fired back, but then again, they were cowards to begin with, otherwise they wouldn't have fled the prison in the first place.

And I was surprised about Carl's reaction, sure, the kid should have put down his gun instead of handing it over, but Carl is turning into a psychopath.

Anyway, more NPC to kill in the prison for season 4 tounge.gif

funkybub
  • funkybub

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

I think the reason Andrea left was because she's (the actress) was getting threats from fans due to her character's actions

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

I think Carl's walking this great line between how people should and shouldn't act at this point. I think the kid took too long to disarm, personally. Carl's got a point about not having the luxury of trust anymore.

His story arc is going to be one of the most interesting in the next season, for sure.

Antinark
  • Antinark

War is Peace.

• The Connection

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by Antinark, 01 April 2013 - 11:48 PM.

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 18:36)
I think Carl's walking this great line between how people should and shouldn't act at this point. I think the kid took too long to disarm, personally. Carl's got a point about not having the luxury of trust anymore.

His story arc is going to be one of the most interesting in the next season, for sure.

Too bad that kid can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Also, the series finale was sort of unacceptable. With all the painfully drawn out build up, what kind of climax was it for the Governor to run off like a pansy little bitch. We all knew he was evil and capable of doing what he did, but tactically it made no sense for his character to off his whole team. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see him go rogue for a bit.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 18:36)

That moment with Carl shooting the kid was easily the highlight of the episode, at least for me. He's also become the most interesting character on the show because of just how much he's changed. Rick changed quite a lot as well, but he still seems to be holding onto his moral code.

The only other good moment from the episode was when the Governor went apesh*t and fired on his people. It came out of the left field and really fit what the Governor character is supposed to be like.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

so when does the next season start now? Next year's Fall?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 05:03)
so when does the next season start now? Next year's Fall?

October. 6 months.
They start filming in May in Atlanta.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Well... many people were disappointed but i thought it was a great finale! There isn't a cliffhanger but it was a very good episode.
I just can't fathom WHY wouldn't they just stay at Woodbury? Take it over? Wait for the Governor to come back (hell, it was just him and 2 others) and take them out. It's great he took those people out of there (purely saying this to be morally correct) but from a logical standpoint it makes no sense. Why bring so many people to an area which doesn't seem to have ANY provisions? Woodbury seems to be the ULTIMATE spot to live in in a post-apocalyptic world. Really perfect. But no. Hmmm, oh well...

The bit with Carl shooting that kid was perfect. Really perfect. THE SECOND i thought to myself 'Don't risk it, just shoot him' he actually did it. He was taking way too long for comfort. Hershel should realise he was being smart and get over it.

When the Governor murdered those people, i was shocked. The guy is just the ultimate super ego. Someone should unload into his eyepatch. Multiple bullets just straight in there. I actually hate him for being so arrogant to fight personal feuds in a world like theirs.

Plus we got to see another ugly crying face.

user posted image

Who else is convinced after this that they were definitely getting down and dirty back when they were together? She was REALLY emotional biggrin.gif
And i'm actually sad she's dead. Nice ending, but i'd love to see a walker Andrea though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

My mom and sister started watching the Walking Dead after watching the season finale. So they know who lived and died based on what they saw in that episode. But then they flat out spoiled the Sophia barn shocker by looking it up on the internet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users