The Walking Dead

1,830 replies to this topic
Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

That is insane, I hope they aren't preparing themselves for a large downfall. I am hopeful though, AMC has yet to disappoint me with original series' yet.

Terminal Indoc
  • Terminal Indoc

We Screw * We Nut * We Bolt

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:29 AM Edited by Z0MBIEStheyN0MBIES, 29 August 2010 - 12:32 AM.

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Aug 28 2010, 20:13)
The saddest part brother, would be that you actually thought about grabbing that massive amount of guns. It's impossible to get all of those firearms an' there respective munitions plus equipment, and carry that around with you.

Stick with two firearms, primary, and handgun secondary. Along with a 30 litre bag of survival gear, you should last about a week on your own.

Most of the guns are already owned. And for a barricaded place that would not be that many. It will work in a perfect apocalypse and we have read/studied the zombie survival guide. So it will act as a bible when it hits.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:37 PM Edited by ryuclan, 29 August 2010 - 10:10 PM.

QUOTE (Z0MBIEStheyN0MBIES @ Aug 29 2010, 00:29)
QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Aug 28 2010, 20:13)
The saddest part brother, would be that you actually thought about grabbing that massive amount of guns. It's impossible to get all of those firearms an' there respective munitions plus equipment, and carry that around with you.

Stick with two firearms, primary, and handgun secondary. Along with a 30 litre bag of survival gear, you should last about a week on your own.

Most of the guns are already owned. And for a barricaded place that would not be that many. It will work in a perfect apocalypse and we have read/studied the zombie survival guide. So it will act as a bible when it hits.

He's just saying that gathering, keeping and keeping organized, ammunition for all those weapons will not only slow you down probably get you killed. Honestly I would go for a maximum of three guns all of which have fairly easy to find ammo. Also you have to have the go-to melee weapon be it machete or aluminum bat.

Anyway Halloween seems like the perfect day to start this series but I would love for it to start tomorrow if possible.

From the director of Terminator and Alien?? Guess that means all the black people die lol tounge.gif

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

This show looks epic. I just wish that HBO or Showtime picked it up because then it would have far less restrictions since HBO and Showtime are premium channels and have no rating restrictions in terms of violence, language and other things. However I can't wait to see this show since I love zombie entertainment. If this is a huge a hit as I hope maybe World War Z will pick up steam in development and Cell will finally go into production as well as some new zombie properties.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Aug 29 2010, 23:37)
From the director of Terminator and Alien?? Guess that means all the black people die lol tounge.gif

I wouldn't be too sure. There's at least one token black character and his child.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Aug 30 2010, 06:10)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Aug 29 2010, 23:37)
From the director of Terminator and Alien?? Guess that means all the black people die lol  tounge.gif

I wouldn't be too sure. There's at least one token black character and his child.

Main character or not they're probably gonna die.

Also from the interview with the writer of the book
Almost everyone dies in the series. He even says he was walking through the set and pointing out characters who he killed off.

Also in the trailer he had a hard time sshooting his apparent wife zombie. I think she may ruin his chances of survival.

Strength.
  • Strength.

The Director.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Just saw the trailer and must say, can't wait for this icon14.gif

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Lots of unseen footage to see here.

Nixon
  • Nixon

Tricky Dicky

• Members

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:26 AM

*Bump*

I saw the pilot of this earlier today and I have to say it's brilliant. Everything about it just reeks of genius, from the characters to the atmosphere to the setting. It has the potential to be a great TV series.

Anyone else see this?

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:23 AM

How the hell you see it? It premieres on Halloween night.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

I am not sure but its up on most torrent sites and sounds legit well as legit as can be expected, I'd rather wait til its available in HD before seeing it! Or rather in my case obtaining it to watch given its unlikely to air in Australia for a while if at all.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

I loved the trailer. The zombies look awesome, the characters seem good enough. I'll certainly watch this, especially with those big names in the project.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

Ethics aside the show has potential from what i've seen of it.
Also without ruining a surprise in the show, within the first 5 minutes made me think whoa at the very least.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:30 AM

One week until this bad boy hits the stations. I am going to build my television night around this, considering AMC does a fine job of programming, especially during FearFest.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:31 AM

I thought it was awesome.

If the next episodes are as good, I'm definitely going to keep watching this.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

...pretty f*cking cool. Natalie wasn't a huge fan of the gore... but she actually got into it towards the end. Great characters, dialog, direction, and effects so far.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hollllly sh*t, the premier was great. Does anybody know if all the episodes are going to be 1 1/2 hrs, or was that just for this one, and the subsequent ones will just be an hour?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

1:39 am here.

Premiere in here is today at 22:00 hs. Can't wait ofcourse.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

God damn.

That was impressive.

Ticktock
  • Ticktock

Too Legit To Quit.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

I watched the premiere. The first episode was excellent, especially the bit when the main guys were doing away with their undead wives. Looking forward to more episodes. icon14.gif

Btw.. anyone else think that one zombie looks like Kevin Bacon? wtf

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:34 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 01 November 2010 - 01:21 PM.

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Moon, I think the remaining episodes will only be an hour. A lot of shows do the hour and a half premiere, and then scale it back to an hour for the rest of the season. Like Boardwalk.

The only thing that irked me was Rick's lack of questions and shock. He was shocked, literally coming out of a coma, and by coming home to an empty house, but he seemed kinda unfazed by some seriously radical sh*t. If I saw an animated half torso in the park, I'd of left the bike and ran down the street leaving a turd trail. I would have passed out from fear, and assuming I still ended up with the father and son, I would have 25 questions to start with.

Lennie James was terrific as the father. If we don't see more of him in the series, I'll consider that a letdown.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Agree with everything you say there Don. It was excellent, perfect pacing, great acting etc. I think we could have done with a slightly stronger reaction from Rick. There's nothing wrong with a character that keeps their head in a crazy situation but he just took things better than I would have expected him to, especially his wife & son being missing. I'm guessing the writers didn't want to dwell on that seeing as we know they're alive.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

I went into this cold, not being familiar with the source material. With post-apocalyptic zombie stuff, you're either going to get something pretty good, or wretchedly bad. This was good. I'm looking forward to seeing it all pan out.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

I found myself wishing they didn't go with the 'woke up from a coma' bit - but it still felt fresh.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

I loved every minute of it. It's just awesome. And it promises to be awesome in the next episode with the introduction of new characters hopefully. One complain though about the intellect of our hero: how oblivious do you have to be to go to a big city in the middle of Zombie Apocalypse? That's like rule No1: stay away from big cities. Especially with the fact the he wasn't as surprised to hear about walking dead as an average person would be so it's like he already knows a few things about zombies. But now I'm just nitpicking. It's a great show and I'll definitely watch it.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Nov 2 2010, 01:27)
I found myself wishing they didn't go with the 'woke up from a coma' bit - but it still felt fresh.

That was my thought as well. It may have been the case in the comic (I have no idea), but that doesn't change the fact that 28 Days Later happened. Surely it would have been ok to deviate for the sake of cinematic originality. But still, it worked.

Also, I'm a sucker for inappropriate music, and that scene where they're taking that horse apart was mesmerising because of the song choice.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Nov 1 2010, 15:39)
Also, I'm a sucker for inappropriate music, and that scene where they're taking that horse apart was mesmerising because of the song choice.

Ya, I didn't like it. Really took me out of the scene. That, and the fact that I never saw a zombie actually bite into the intestines. Quit the play acting, and dig in!

But the last scene was nicely intense. I was pretty wide-eyed, totally forgetting about the tank scene from all the previews. That's how into it I was. I was like, "How the f*ck is he gonna get outta this?"

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Nov 2 2010, 03:25)
QUOTE (makeshyft @ Nov 1 2010, 15:39)

Ya, I didn't like it. Really took me out of the scene. That, and the fact that I never saw a zombie actually bite into the intestines. Quit the play acting, and dig in!

Had the opposite effect on me. I was just taken in by it all. Sort of like the whole Singin' in the Rain sequence from A Clockwork Orange. I'm not comparing the two, just making a point about how certain song choices affect me.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

And I get that. Singing in the Rain is an awesome song, and they had a trailer for the Walking Dead that featured, "The End of the World" by Nina Gordon and it was a fantastically inappropriate song (I think). They should have used that song; I would've loved it. This song just wasn't very catchy or especially good from what I heard.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

The near suicide to sudden escape option under the tank was brilliant as well. I'm with Makeshyft - absolutely loved the track they used. What film was it - the Dawn of the Dead remake? - that used Richard Cheese's cover of Down with the Sickness? Had the same sort of feel for me.

It's hard not to be derivative when you're dealing with something like Zombies or the Apocalypse, though. I hope the show borrows some cues from the original BBC 'Survivors' as far as trying to rebuild society goes. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I'm actually excited to see how they're going to make a series out of this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users