Photo

I was banned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
Yarpie: the Resurrection
  • Yarpie: the Resurrection

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:55 PM Edited by Yarpie: the Resurrection, 10 June 2010 - 01:59 PM.

You obviously know who I am, blah blah blah.

I was told for the reasoning of my ban I was a previously banned member (well I guess I'm one now tounge.gif ). I know I'm not liked around here, but I honestly haven't registered here before. Hell, for a while after my registration here with Yarpie, I wasn't even active. I originally used this account with my brother, way back when I was just browsing. Now it's all mine, and it's now I'm active. But I know it's my word against yours, so it's up to you to make that decision I guess.

Even beyond all this, I never spammed the place, I wasn't that bad. But yes, I'm a cockhead.

It's all a bit of a misunderstanding, and I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of me so fast tounge.gif .

I wouldn't mind carrying on with this account, or if you'd rather unban my original account Yarpie.

Thanks anyway.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Doing a second account won't help, Admins will only ban this too.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Usually, if you take a lengthy time out and request to come back in the future, the staff will let you back in. Doing it this way will just make things worse. confused.gif

viddy_pirate.gif KK

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

Actually, if I understand it right, you are allowed to create a second account IF you PM a Mod/led-by/Admin and notify them of your new account and tell them to Ban the first one-that is how I believe name changes are handled 'round these parts now a days.?

So, as long as the OP has PM'd a Mod/led-by/Administator after creating the new account(to Ban the first one), all is good.?

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jun 10 2010, 20:30)
Actually, if I understand it right, you are allowed to create a second account IF you PM a Mod/led-by/Admin and notify them of your new account and tell them to Ban the first one-that is how I believe name changes are handled 'round these parts now a days.?

So, as long as the OP has PM'd a Mod/led-by/Administator after creating the new account(to Ban the first one), all is good.?

yeah but in this case it's not since he didn't request for his first account to be banned.

OT: Basically what KK says @ OP.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jun 10 2010, 21:30)

No, if one's previous account is banned due to spamming, advertising, being a dick or whatever, it gets banned, then creating a second account is against the rules, because that's ban evasion, so the second account will get banned, too.
However, if, for example, you dislike your current username, you may create a new account with a name you like, but you must PM a moderator or admin, so they can ban your first account, to prevent you from posting with two accounts, which is also against the rules.

EDIT: What he said.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

Well, it seems, at least, like he's sincere. I'd do the same thing if I were "wrongfully" banned.

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Yarpie: the Resurrection @ Jun 10 2010, 13:55)
Even beyond all this, I never spammed the place, I wasn't that bad. But yes, I'm a cockhead.

Join the club, we have jackets.
Anyway, you sound like a cool guy, why aren't you liked? I'd imagine that making a sock account wouldn't go down well.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (leeg1931 @ Jun 10 2010, 13:46)
QUOTE (Yarpie: the Resurrection @ Jun 10 2010, 13:55)

Join the club, we have jackets.
Anyway, you sound like a cool guy, why aren't you liked?

Because he personally insulted every member he could on a regular basis, consistently insinuating they have no lives as well as making constant posts about how every Muslim should be wiped off the face of the Earth. He's the lowest of the low and the world would be a better place if every person like him were promptly shot in the head at birth.

~TK~

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

I agree with The-King. Yarpie should stay banned

3 reasons why:

1. Insulted my religion.
2. I told him not to double post but he argued that I was not in position to tell him what to do even though double posting is agaisnt the rules.
3. Basically called everyone either a dick or a loser.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Jun 11 2010, 19:26)
2. I told him not to double post but he argued that I was not in position to tell him what to do even though double posting is agaisnt the rules.

Where did you hear that? There is no rule saying can't double post; however it something that's frowned upon here. More so a forum etiquette thing then a rule.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Unlimited @ Jun 11 2010, 18:20)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Jun 11 2010, 19:26)

Where did you hear that? There is no rule saying can't double post; however it something that's frowned upon here. More so a forum etiquette thing then a rule.

To add to that, the only reason I see when it is actually OK to double post, is if there are no replys to the topic in a day or longer(basically to Bump a topic)-but any other time, you should use the Edit button.

However, there are times when the forum automatically double-posts( I have had that happen before-in fact, there was over a week in a row that it kept doing this to me.) So, in cases like this, you can't help it. Just a heads up.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

It's definately frowned upon and we'll warn you for constantly doing it, there is an edit button for a reason.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Jun 13 2010, 01:29)
It's definately frowned upon and we'll warn you for constantly doing it, there is an edit button for a reason.

Well I've seen members getting a tempory ban for double posting so thats why I stated that.

So are the MODs letting Yarpie back in?

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (King Kapone @ Jun 10 2010, 14:23)
Usually, if you take a lengthy time out and request to come back in the future, the staff will let you back in. Doing it this way will just make things worse. confused.gif

viddy_pirate.gif KK

This is the first forum where I hear this.

BTW, sorry for asking here but how can you tell if a member is banned?

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

@Claude Speed.: He'd in the BUSTED! group and would have stars under his name. Like here, for example: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059817716

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Jun 12 2010, 23:42)
@Claude Speed.: He'd in the BUSTED! group and would have stars under his name. Like here, for example: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059817716

Oh, I see. I thought BUSTED! was the name of a gang. Silly me!

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Jun 11 2010, 22:26)
I agree with The-King. Yarpie should stay banned

3 reasons why:

1. Insulted my religion.
3. Basically called everyone either a dick or a loser.

1.Live with it, freedom of speech, just ignore him and count him as a loser, don't react on these.
2.actually, he was right, you're not a moderator, either not a ban hammer or something.
3.that's bad, and for that he should be banned

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Jun 12 2010, 15:52)
1.Live with it, freedom of speech, just ignore him and count him as a loser, don't react on these.

Actually on here, you SHOULD react to these types of people. There's no point in just leaving if you can step up and help cleanse the forum of vermin like Yarpie.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Jun 12 2010, 18:36)
QUOTE (King Kapone @ Jun 10 2010, 14:23)
Usually, if you take a lengthy time out and request to come back in the future, the staff will let you back in. Doing it this way will just make things worse.  confused.gif

viddy_pirate.gif KK

This is the first forum where I hear this.

This forum is nearly 10-years old. You think there aren't previously banned members running around under the watchful eye of the staff? If you're in the know, you know who they are. Almost everyone who manages to get BUSTED! is given a second, sometimes third chance, at one point or another here. Don't get me wrong. There are a handful of guys who will never be allowed back here, no matter what. It all depends on what exactly they did to get banned.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Jun 18 2010, 20:29)
1.Live  with it, freedom of speech, just ignore him and count him as a loser, don't react on these.

Actually on here, you SHOULD react to these types of people. There's no point in just leaving if you can step up and help cleanse the forum of vermin like Yarpie.

He's still entitled to his opinion, even if it happens to belong in a sewer. As long as he's being civil (which Yarpie has been) then there's no reason to ban him.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Jun 21 2010, 01:36)
QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Jun 18 2010, 20:29)
1.Live  with it, freedom of speech, just ignore him and count him as a loser, don't react on these.

He's still entitled to his opinion, even if it happens to belong in a sewer. As long as he's being civil (which Yarpie has been) then there's no reason to ban him.

Stefan, dude, I like you, but where the f*ck have you been? Yarpie is the exact opposite of civil, he's insulted more or less every person in the Member Pics topic with no reasoning whatsoever, not to mention the fact he's constantly blasted his racist drivel all over this forum. Frankly, he deserves more than a ban. Something along the lines of a firing squad suits his personality more than anything.

~TK~

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Yarpie ain't coming back, not at the moment anyway. His lets bomb the muslims topic was clearly a racial post and he's expressed his racial views more then enough, not to mention he's appears to have had chances before. Besides take it up with the staff member who banned him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users