» «
Photo

The "no more missions" bug

8 replies to this topic
ripple
  • ripple

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:07 PM Edited by ripple, 04 June 2010 - 07:26 AM.

This is for the PC version, updated to 1.0.6.0.

I've just encountered the "no mission" bug, where there are no more letters on the map indicating further storyline missions. Searching the forums, there seems to be a couple of "no mission" bugs, one of which occurs for some players at the end of one of Playboy X's missions. But the one I am referring to, which has been reported at least a dozen times judging by what I found in the last few pages of this sub-forum alone, is the one that occurs the end of chapter 3, after completing "Liquidize the assets", "Pest Control", and "Hating the Haters."

- I've driven around for several days doing random things.
- I've called everyone in my phone book. Other than friends and girlfriends, I get recorded messages from everyone else.
- 100% progress for all the characters who dispense missions, except for Bernie, which is at 33% progress.
- doubled checked to make sure cell sleepmode is off.

As far as I can tell, the bug is that Bernie is supposed to call you to trigger the "Union drive" mission and the other missions that he dispense so you can complete his storyline. He does not call. Obviously I've tried calling Bernie, but just keeping getting his away message.

Has anyone found a workaround or fix?

Dallas69
  • Dallas69

Cheating is not a crime, when u use it in Single Player!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

have u installed any mods?

Party-Man_2000
  • Party-Man_2000

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (ripple @ Jun 3 2010, 21:07)

I've just encountered the "no mission" bug, where there are no more letters on the map indicating further storyline missions. Searching the forums, there seems to be a couple of "no mission" bugs, one of which occurs for some players at the end of one of Playboy X's missions. But the one I am referring to, which has been reported at least a dozen times judging by what I found in the last few pages of this sub-forum alone, is the one that occurs the end of chapter 3, after completing "Liquidize the assets", "Pest Control", and "Hating the Haters."

- I've called everyone in my phone book. Other than friends and girlfriends, I get recorded messages from everyone else.
- 100% progress for all the characters who dispense missions, except for Bernie, which is at 33% progress.

As far as I can tell, the bug is that Bernie is supposed to call you to trigger the "Union drive" mission and the other missions that he dispense so you can complete his storyline. He does not call. Obviously I've tried calling Bernie, but just keeping getting his away message.

You should go to his house and check on him. Something could of happened to him, for example:
He accidentally deleted you
He went on holiday to Europe
He got murdered by his gay boyfriend so he could get Niko
He had a heart attack
Or he shot himself in the head.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Party-Man_2000 @ Jun 30 2010, 17:13)
QUOTE (ripple @ Jun 3 2010, 21:07)

You should go to his house and check on him. Something could of happened to him, for example:
He accidentally deleted you
He went on holiday to Europe
He got murdered by his gay boyfriend so he could get Niko
He had a heart attack
Or he shot himself in the head.

Dude, stop posting random crap in the Mission Helps.You aren't helping at all.

Anyways, he should text you, or you could downgrade the patch.
I use 1.0.2.0 and I'm fine with my game.

Spot_UK
  • Spot_UK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

Ive been trying to find a fix for this for a long time now and recently I found an answer and my game is giving missions again.

Checkout this link:
http://www.datahopa....ssible-bug-fix/

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

Nice topic bump man. wink.gif

OGIamLoco
  • OGIamLoco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

if it helps someone, good stuff....

the worst ones are replies of I found a solution, but never post what it was.

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:18 AM

I recently started over because of a no more missions bug, but it had nothing to do with Bernie; I'd only just finished part 1 of "Final Interview" I then did Dwaynes mission in the Triangle club, and then ULPC's mission in Hove beach (find, follow and kill Dimayev), by then I had no more missions and still no phone call from the lawyers, tho I'd gotten their text that they'd call me at earliest convenience (they were closed)

I've played through the story many times, and had an idea where next missions should be, but no mission chevrons anywhere. (not Packie's Ma's, not ULPC, not Ray B's, nor Playboy X, not anywhere) BTW, I did NOT save (sleep in the bed) after doing part 1 of "Final Interview"

its a bit late for finding a fix for me (I've started over AGAIN) but if anyone knows about this, maybe it could help someone else?

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I recently started over because of a no more missions bug, but it had nothing to do with Bernie; I'd only just finished part 1 of "Final Interview" I then did Dwaynes mission in the Triangle club, and then ULPC's mission in Hove beach (find, follow and kill Dimayev), by then I had no more missions and still no phone call from the lawyers, tho I'd gotten their text that they'd call me at earliest convenience (they were closed)

I've played through the story many times, and had an idea where next missions should be, but no mission chevrons anywhere. (not Packie's Ma's, not ULPC, not Ray B's, nor Playboy X, not anywhere) BTW, I did NOT save (sleep in the bed) after doing part 1 of "Final Interview"

its a bit late for finding a fix for me (I've started over AGAIN) but if anyone knows about this, maybe it could help someone else?

I'm having the same issue. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users