• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, so I just completed the game about 30 minutes ago and I can't held to be disappointed.

I'm not saying this is a bad game really. I love this game, if not I wouldn't have spend my time playing it, and it falls on my Top 3 Charts along with Liberty City and Vice City Stories.
The thing about this game is that the storyline lacked abit.

The gameplay and everything else was great. Loved it.

But just for me, the story lacked alot.
Sometimes I would just be thinking to myself, why the F*CK am I doing this.

I mean at one point some guy sends you a random email, and you knowing he's not friendly to the Triads, you begin to work with him. Like Wth, Huang is a bit slow In My Opinion.

The ending was the most disappointing for me.
Huang never became a Triad Boss, did he?

Well, anyway, this isn't ment for me to sound b*tchy or anything. I just want to know your guys opinions on this subject.

Overall I loved this game, but I felt as if even The Ballad of Gay Tony had a better story.

Jayd_101
  • Jayd_101

GTA Fantastic Forums Administrator

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, I don't really like GTA: Chinatown Wars that much any more, know what I'm sayin'?

I mean I haven't even had Chinatown Wars for a year and I don't like it anymore. And Is and've had VCS & LCS for about 4 years and I still play VCS everyday and I like VCS still.

In My Opinion, if Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars was in third person view, I would still love playing it!

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

well, im dissapointed because there not much you can do after you finish the story and get 100% unlike other gta's that i've played have much more things you can do.

Juicefani11
  • Juicefani11

NoMemberTitle

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

I didn't ever finish this game, because it was so boring. mad.gif

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

I enjoyed it, but VCS story was kinda way more fun for me, maybe because of cutscenes and characters were more unique.

Annorax
  • Annorax

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:17 AM

Huang became the head of the Triads.

I'd like to see this game's storyline and missions ported to the IV engine as a third DLC to make things not quite so boring between now and when V releases. It loses most of its replayability, but in the IV engine, it might not.

Zedo Mann
  • Zedo Mann

Everyday I'm hustlin'!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Jayd_101 @ Jun 5 2010, 23:09)
In My Opinion, if Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars was in third person view, I would still love playing it!

It is in third person view.
Just a different third person view.

ZombieFrogger
  • ZombieFrogger

Hail Mastermind!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

The game has some time to get used to i realy loved the game but it had some faults like Not being able to change colours of clothes or The Same car drives by every time, Nobody fights anymore in game fist to fist they just run away, Story was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to short

Bob_Dole
  • Bob_Dole

CEO of CargoDole™ Heavy Transport Services, LLC

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

So it's agreed CTW really wasn't the best GTA out there the same could probably be said about GTA Advanced as well.

Cojage
  • Cojage

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Finished it too. The storyline was alright though, but not amazing. However when you finished the game there isn't much to do besides drug dealing.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

I can see gta Chinatown wars being released as a 3rd dlc, mostly because there were a few locked interiors that are Chinese oriented (Mr.F*k's, dragon heart plaza) also a few other interiors i want to see (MeTV, Bahama Mamas, AOD clubhouse.) But i want it to be released as its own game because my IV disk is F*cking up and i dont want to buy a new one, also there should be more clothing shops

manaxas
  • manaxas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

maybe some of you where i could find a map with all locations like noodle and all other in one map

James_Earl_Cash
  • James_Earl_Cash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (gameboybp @ Jun 30 2010, 01:17)
So it's agreed CTW really wasn't the best GTA out there the same could probably be said about GTA Advanced as well.

Advance had an awesome story, awesome graphics, and was an awesome all-round game for something on the tiny, lacking-in-power GBA.

.:OPAZO:.
  • .:OPAZO:.

iRun Liberty City!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (James_Earl_Cash @ Jul 5 2010, 11:46)
QUOTE (gameboybp @ Jun 30 2010, 01:17)

Advance had an awesome story, awesome graphics, and was an awesome all-round game for something on the tiny, lacking-in-power GBA.

I just finished the game to. Took me 2 days, 5 h of gameplay.

But yeah I was pretty disapointed too. Huang didnt get no cash at all....I thought he was gonna get like 1 million or Hsin's penthouse, but nothing.

Did Huang even become the Triad boss?

Anyways it was an awesome game!

But I would rather had wished to play San Andreas Stories then Chinatown Wars.

Siddiet
  • Siddiet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

A i really agree and i think they should have more missions it was a little short oh ya I should say that it's on my iPod touch

racer123246
  • racer123246

San Andreas State Police Deputy

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Well, in my opinion, the DS version sucked monkey nuts but the PSP version was soo much better because you could actually go inside some buildings and there were more missions than the DS version, but still not enough. dozingoff.gif

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (racer123246 @ Aug 29 2010, 18:44)
Well, in my opinion, the DS version sucked monkey nuts but the PSP version was soo much better because you could actually go inside some buildings and there were more missions than the DS version, but still not enough. dozingoff.gif

what?. you cant go inside buildings unless you have CWcheat or you have bought an action replay wich i have done

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:18 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 01 September 2010 - 03:29 AM.

I feel like those who expect much more out of a DS game are really spoiled by home console games. How much more do you expect Rockstar can fit on a portable device with a deadline?

toni cinpriani
  • toni cinpriani

king of the road! Also a great hitman.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Cojage @ Jun 30 2010, 17:50)
Finished it too. The storyline was alright though, but not amazing. However when you finished the game there isn't much to do besides drug dealing.

and smashing some cars.

rockinstars
  • rockinstars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

if huang became a triad boss the other triads should respect him like when huang try to hijack their cars

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (rockinstars @ May 30 2011, 04:20)
if huang became a triad boss the other triads should respect him like when huang try to hijack their cars

if huang became the triad boss, the other triads would piss their pants

GTABusted
  • GTABusted

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Jayd_101 @ Sunday, Jun 6 2010, 04:09)

IKR

cas-97
  • cas-97

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

The IV Era had sh*t Storylines the only thing good about the storyline was (CTW not involved) the Diamond story and how it brought all the Protaginists together (Except Haung) i prefered a storyline like III Era storylines.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (cas-97 @ Thursday, Jul 28 2011, 02:53)
The IV Era had sh*t Storylines the only thing good about the storyline was (CTW not involved) the Diamond story and how it brought all the Protaginists together (Except Haung) i prefered a storyline like III Era storylines.

The III-era storylines were a joke, a gangster from Compton infiltrates Area 51 and steals a jetpack while killing 200+ enemies... WTF? And don't even get me started on the RC missions and the final mission whatsthat.gif

EternalAgony
  • EternalAgony

Ain't that a kick in the head?

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

People please. Let's not rant about which GTA storyline is the best.
Let's laugh at how GTA's storylines are better than Saints Row devil.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (cas-97 @ Thursday, Jul 28 2011, 21:53)

Honestly the only storyline that even compares from the GTA III era is VC IMO. GTA IV and TLAD's (Don't care much for TBOGT's) storylines crap on everything else from the GTA III era.

I haven't included CTW, because I never fully completed its story. Seemed pretty decent though from what I did play.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

No PSP or portable versions of GTA are good as console versions or PC versions, thats a fact. What I don't get is why they make sh*ty storylines, good storylines don't take up more GB, do they?

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Sep 7 2011, 00:05)
No PSP or portable versions of GTA are good as console versions or PC versions, thats a fact. What I don't get is why they make sh*ty storylines, good storylines don't take up more GB, do they?

Thats an opinion. IMO, CtW had a better story than SA and III combined.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

actually i beg to differ. GTA LCS and VCS are better on PSP then PS2 due to the more features. I like the multiplayer for the PSP versions and on the go, other then that, LCS and VCS on psp and PS2 are identical.

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Tuesday, Sep 6 2011, 19:24)

Thats an opinion. IMO, CtW had a better story than SA and III combined.

i disagree with that 100%.

GTA III has a way better storyline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users