Photo

Can you store cars sideways?

13 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:57 AM

By sideways I mean flip them on their side and push them into the garage. Reason I ask this is because I wanted to store the Barracks truck early in the game. I got it all the way from SF and into LS, only problem is no garage is big enough, its to tall! I think if I can flip it on its side I might be able to push it in.

However it will take me ages to go get the Barracks again just to test this out, does anyone know for sure if it can be done?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 01 June 2010 - 04:22 AM.

Turning the vehicle sideways might allow it to be saved in the garage, but when the door opens the vehicle will be spawned in flat, so I'm not sure how you'd get it out.

On occasion I have found glitchy garages that contain vehicles that are too large to spawn inside of the garage. These vehicles use up one of the four save slots but never spawn so the only way to get them out is with a garage editor.

Added: You might consider using an end game save to test the barracks idea. Also, cheats have their uses.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:24 AM

I dont have an end save atm, I guess I could always make room in the impound zone in the LSPD. I have found that sometimes with large vehicles if you store them in a garage that is too small, the become apart of the garage maknig it impossible to tow or get them out in anyway without them exploding, but il have to see it for myself before I dismiss it

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

I'm pretty sure that one of the PS3 saves at GameFAQs had an End of the Line save.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:50 AM

Oh yeah forgot about that, ok il give it a shot after I get the hang of the new territory glitch that guy found, I wanna put enemy gang turfs in 4star areas and make a new file for that

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

You can always store it in the Garage in Mission(Doherty-I think the in-game name is), in SF that garage is open from the beginning of the game, so that may be an easier option. Just a heads up.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:50 AM

Yeah but then I have no room for my Rustler, and the baracks spawns nearby at the navey base part anyway. My goal is to collect vehicles outside of LS, thanks anyway though

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:22 PM

If you don't want to use the Doherty garage, your only option is to use the impound lot. The other initial garages are too small to handle it. Trying to squeeze it in sideways or diagonal (even if you then manage to get the door to close) won't work - the game would just delete it.

Cartel Cruiser
  • Cartel Cruiser

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

Just To LEt you know that the Verdant Meadows Garage (The Airyard safehouse in the desert), well the BIG Hangar that is used for big airplanes actually be used to store cars from the beginning of the game and is more than enough room for the Barracks or Rustler to fit XD

but the Small Normal car garage doesnt work tho...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

Normally the Verdant Meadows garages are locked until the airstrip is purchased. You wouldn't happen to be playing on a Chain Game save would you? I unlocked the small garage early on our custom saves, and I think rubregg unlocked the hangar early as well when he updated the saves. Or another mod maybe. Unlocking garages is easy enough - so easy that I'm surprised it was never incorporated as a feature in the editors or trainers.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

I've heard that about the hangar before. But I could never get it to open prior to *owning* the airstrip...in both the original and updated NTSC versions for PS2. Even if collisions are disabled to get through the closed doorway, vehicles are not stored.

I'd like to know where this myth originated. 'Till then, I'll consider it to be busted.

Anyway, OP's goal is to store rare vehicles in Los Santos...so it doesn't matter either way. If a Barracks is needed in the desert, it can easily be stolen from Area69 next door rather than waste hangar space.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Jun 17 2010, 13:53)
I've heard that about the hangar before. But I could never get it to open prior to *owning* the airstrip...in both the original and updated NTSC versions for PS2. Even if collisions are disabled to get through the closed doorway, vehicles are not stored.

I'd like to know where this myth originated. 'Till then, I'll consider it to be busted.

Anyway, OP's goal is to store rare vehicles in Los Santos...so it doesn't matter either way. If a Barracks is needed in the desert, it can easily be stolen from Area69 next door rather than waste hangar space.

Orion just answered that question for you in his last post.

The only way to actually get it to open early without modding the game, is to use a Chain Game save, other than that those garages are locked until they are purchased. Just a heads up. smile.gif

Cartel Cruiser
  • Cartel Cruiser

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

well i know it is open, during the beginning cutscene i always type in the Jetpack cheat while tenpenny is driving, then CJ wont get out of the car, then he gets wasted, then u return to the hospital then it will give u the info on hospitals, well a glitched occured, certian interiors, Jizzy's Pleasure Dome, Vagos Gang House, Meat Factory and all of the Mod car garages, are unlocked, well i read System Error's Bulletproof guide and he says the Doherty Garage is All ready useable from the beginning, so i went to verdant meadows, and the BIG hangar can be used to store cars, and it was neat for collecting rare cars, but the small garage isnt accessible yet.

Yes i am a PS2 user, and no i cant mod the game?

so rather PC or PS2 the Verdant Meadows Hangar Garage is unlocked from the beginning.

Just like CJ's House in GRove Street, it is unlocked before you can even start a mission, well the same for the Doherty and the Verdant Meadows Hangar.

Let me know if you need more Info.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

Oh I didnt know the garage opened when you use that cheat

However I play the game without cheating so this wont work for me, thanks for the tip anyway incase I make a cheat file early, maybe il do it on a file where I get secret tats using the hidden interior glitch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users