» «
Photo

[REL|SCR] Longer Days Mod v1

11 replies to this topic
LCbuffalo
  • LCbuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:00 PM Edited by LCbuffalo, 30 June 2010 - 01:07 PM.

LONGER DAYS MOD V1.1 by LCbuffalo
2010-06-27

This mod is designed to make the days in GTA IV last longer. By default, each in-game minute lasts 2 real-time seconds. This mod makes the in-game minute last 4 seconds, which means an entire GTA IV day will last 01:36 real-time hours (instead of the default 48 minutes). The user can customize this length to his/her desire with a simple edit.

New in V1.1:

- Weather now changes dynamically
- Time desynchronization bug fixed through the use of sjaak327's "Real Time Duration" function in his Simple Native Trainer

DOWNLOAD

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=11508

REQUIREMENTS

- GTA IV or EFLC (should work with any version that allows scripts)

- HazardX's .NET Scripthook:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325

- sjaak327's Simple Native Trainer:
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5646

DEPENDENCY

Please note that this mod requires the "Real Time Duration" option within sjaak327's Simple Native Trainer to function properly.

INSTALL

- Place the "LongerDaysMod.vb" file into the "scripts" folder in your GTA IV main directory. If you do not have a scripts folder in the GTA IV main directory you probably don't have HazardX's .Net ScriptHook. Please download it (see above).

- Launch the game. Once it has loaded, start up Simple Native Trainer (F3), select the "Time" entry, then select the "Real Time Duration" entry and enable it. You can also open the .ini file for the Simple Native Trainer and change the RealTime=0 line to RealTime=1. This way, the function will automatically be enabled every time you launch the game.

CUSTOMIZATION

1. To customize the length of the in-game minute, change the "LongerDaysMod.vb" filename to "LongerDaysMod.txt"

2. Next, open this file with your favorite text editor (notepad is sufficient).

3. Find the following line of code (It's towards the top): Me.Interval = 4000
- This number defines the amount of time (in milliseconds) it takes for the in-game minute to advance to the next minute.
- Change it to whatever value you'd like. For example, if you want the in-game minute to last nine seconds, replace the 4000 with 9000.
- Here's a short conversion chart that will show you how long an in-game day will be in realtime hours for various settings:

CODE
    LENGTH OF IN-GAME MINUTE           HOW LONG AN IN-GAME DAY LASTS (real time)
     0.5 seconds                        12 minutes
     1 second                           24 minutes
     2 seconds (default) -  -  -  -  -  48 minutes
     3 seconds                          72 minutes (01:12 hrs)
     4 seconds                          96 minutes (01:36 hrs)
     5 seconds                         120 minutes (02:00 hrs)
    10 seconds                         240 minutes (04:00 hrs)

4. After you've changed the Me.Interval value, save the file and change the file extension back to ".vb"

5. Start up GTA, enjoy the mod, and lament the fact that you can't extend the length of a day this easily in real life!

KNOWN BUGS

- Time does not advance during save or pay'n'spray use.
- Radio stations abruptly reset at midnight every night.
- Shadows abruptly advance every few minutes (usually it's not a jarring change)

Comments/Feedback welcome and encouraged. If you know how to solve the listed bugs, feel free to let me know!

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (LCbuffalo @ May 31 2010, 12:00)
- Time doesn't advance when saving or using pay-n-spray
- Radio stations abruptly reset at midnight every night.
- In-game analog clocks jerk back and forth because the hands on the clocks continue to move at the default rate (this bug isn't too obvious).

At this point I'm thinking, "Well that's not too bad," but then:

- Weather doesn't change dynamically.

cry.gif Awww that's a big one!

That's going to keep me from using this for now, but I'm looking forward to seeing more progress. Good job! icon14.gif

LCbuffalo
  • LCbuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:48 PM Edited by LCbuffalo, 31 May 2010 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ May 31 2010, 18:38)
At this point I'm thinking, "Well that's not too bad," but then:

- Weather doesn't change dynamically.

cry.gif Awww that's a big one!

That's going to keep me from using this for now, but I'm looking forward to seeing more progress. Good job! icon14.gif

I know... the reason the weather stays static is because I'm specifically telling the code to do so. I'm using the "LockDayTime" function to slow down the time rate, which, for some stupid reason, randomly changes the weather each time it's applied - in other words, if I didn't force the weather to be static, it would change every four seconds.

I'm thinking I might add a function that randomly changes the weather every six hours or so if I can figure out how to make the game initiate a smooth transition from one weather state to another.

If there's a solution out there, let me know!

Erem
  • Erem

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (LCbuffalo @ May 31 2010, 18:48)
...the reason the weather stays static is because I'm specifically telling the code to do so. I'm using the "LockDayTime" function to slow down the time rate, which, for some stupid reason, randomly changes the weather each time it's applied - in other words, if I didn't force the weather to be static, it would change every four seconds.

Is the native SET_SYNC_WEATHER_AND_GAME_TIME any help here? All I know about it is that it takes a single parameter, presumably a boolean, but it sounds like it could be relevant.

LCbuffalo
  • LCbuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Erem @ May 31 2010, 19:47)
QUOTE (LCbuffalo @ May 31 2010, 18:48)
...the reason the weather stays static is because I'm specifically telling the code to do so. I'm using the "LockDayTime" function to slow down the time rate, which, for some stupid reason, randomly changes the weather each time it's applied - in other words, if I didn't force the weather to be static, it would change every four seconds.

Is the native SET_SYNC_WEATHER_AND_GAME_TIME any help here? All I know about it is that it takes a single parameter, presumably a boolean, but it sounds like it could be relevant.

I haven't been able to figure out how SET_SYNC_WEATHER_AND_GAME_TIME works/precisely what it influences. I've also played around with FORCE_WEATHER, FORCE_WEATHER_NOW, GET_CURRENT_WEATHER, GET_CURRENT_WEATHER_FULL, PICK_RANDOM_WEATHER and RELEASE_WEATHER. When I do manage to get one of them to work it always changes the weather instantaneously instead of gradually.

Anyone out there who knows how the game itself controls the weather progress? Is it even possible to initiate a gradual weather transition with a mod?

Gokaic
  • Gokaic

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:28 AM

In the .net scripthook, there's a method in the Game class called:
CODE
public static float TimeScale { set; }

I would test that out and see if it works for what you're trying to do! =)

LCbuffalo
  • LCbuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Gokaic @ Jun 1 2010, 07:28)
In the .net scripthook, there's a method in the Game class called:
CODE
public static float TimeScale { set; }

I would test that out and see if it works for what you're trying to do! =)

Thanks for the input, Gokaic. Unfortunately, what GTA refers to as "Timescale" is what controls the matrix-style "bullet time," so it's not what I'm looking for.

Gokaic
  • Gokaic

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

ah ok. sorry I couldn't be of any more help! But good luck figuring this out, as it looks great!

LCbuffalo
  • LCbuffalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

New version 1.1 is being uploaded to GTA Garage and should be available soon. Updates:

- Dynamic weather changes
- Mod dependent on sjaak327's Simple Native Trainer to fix the time desynchronization bug

P2FX
  • P2FX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Nice MOD but by using this my game has been stuck in Tuesday for several days. Anybody with any help?

ripple
  • ripple

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:23 PM Edited by ripple, 26 July 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Really cool mod. The one drawback of attaching it to the native trainer is that you can no longer use the native trainer to adjust time (advance/back one hour, etc.). This coupled with the fact that time no longer advances when saving in the safehouses.....well....I don't suppose anyone know of an in game work-around that would allow you to advance time rapidly?

RokDrk
  • RokDrk

Meh SomeGuy

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Phenom it seems that if this mod is using the trainer.ini we have the folowing lines..

RealTime=0 //RealTime duration at startup
StartupHour=12 //Startup Hour
StartupMinute=05 //Startup Minute

If we set it to 1 then everytime we load the game the time will be 12:05 and not the time we saved...
The only way to get our exact we saved in the game will be to load the game again confused.gif so the best way to use this mod is to adjust realtime to 1 every time we load the via trainer menu maybe thats why you're stuck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users