This mod is designed to make the days in GTA IV last longer. By default, each in-game minute lasts 2 real-time seconds. This mod makes the in-game minute last 4 seconds, which means an entire GTA IV day will last 01:36 real-time hours (instead of the default 48 minutes). The user can customize this length to his/her desire with a simple edit.
New in V1.1:
- Weather now changes dynamically
- Time desynchronization bug fixed through the use of sjaak327's "Real Time Duration" function in his Simple Native Trainer
- GTA IV or EFLC (should work with any version that allows scripts)
- HazardX's .NET Scripthook:
- sjaak327's Simple Native Trainer:
Please note that this mod requires the "Real Time Duration" option within sjaak327's Simple Native Trainer to function properly.
- Place the "LongerDaysMod.vb" file into the "scripts" folder in your GTA IV main directory. If you do not have a scripts folder in the GTA IV main directory you probably don't have HazardX's .Net ScriptHook. Please download it (see above).
- Launch the game. Once it has loaded, start up Simple Native Trainer (F3), select the "Time" entry, then select the "Real Time Duration" entry and enable it. You can also open the .ini file for the Simple Native Trainer and change the RealTime=0 line to RealTime=1. This way, the function will automatically be enabled every time you launch the game.
1. To customize the length of the in-game minute, change the "LongerDaysMod.vb" filename to "LongerDaysMod.txt"
2. Next, open this file with your favorite text editor (notepad is sufficient).
3. Find the following line of code (It's towards the top): Me.Interval = 4000
- This number defines the amount of time (in milliseconds) it takes for the in-game minute to advance to the next minute.
- Change it to whatever value you'd like. For example, if you want the in-game minute to last nine seconds, replace the 4000 with 9000.
- Here's a short conversion chart that will show you how long an in-game day will be in realtime hours for various settings:
| LENGTH OF IN-GAME MINUTE HOW LONG AN IN-GAME DAY LASTS (real time)|
0.5 seconds 12 minutes
1 second 24 minutes
2 seconds (default) - - - - - 48 minutes
3 seconds 72 minutes (01:12 hrs)
4 seconds 96 minutes (01:36 hrs)
5 seconds 120 minutes (02:00 hrs)
10 seconds 240 minutes (04:00 hrs)
4. After you've changed the Me.Interval value, save the file and change the file extension back to ".vb"
5. Start up GTA, enjoy the mod, and lament the fact that you can't extend the length of a day this easily in real life!
- Time does not advance during save or pay'n'spray use.
- Radio stations abruptly reset at midnight every night.
- Shadows abruptly advance every few minutes (usually it's not a jarring change)
Comments/Feedback welcome and encouraged. If you know how to solve the listed bugs, feel free to let me know!
Edited by LCbuffalo, 30 June 2010 - 01:07 PM.