Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA SA *New* Territory Glitch

266 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you liked this glitch? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you liked this glitch?

1. Yes (64 votes [64.65%])

Percentage of vote: 64.65%

2. No (14 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

3. Well... (21 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Would you like to learn how to extract your game save from the PS3's psv archive? Then you can use the game editor to check what's going on inside the save.

Too bad you don't have a method to load PS2 saves into your PS3. I'm fairly certain that if I alter or replace the save within the psv archive that the PS3 will report that the file is corrupted - but I suppose we could try just to be sure.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:08 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 07 June 2010 - 09:21 AM.

Yea sure, tomorrow though. Its 9 pm atm and i want to study some more before I got to bed. I have an eco exam on friday, but if you PM the details il read them tomorrow morning when I have time and get on it

EDIT: Actually you can send me the details now I have some time. I cant seem to get this stuff working again, the hood abuse glitch or whatever is really all luck for me

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Um... you'll need to wait. It's past 2 am here and my eyes are so blurry I can hardly see the screen. I'm off to bed, but will write up some notes and post them tomorrow. In the meantime, do a search for the HxD Hex Editor. It's free. Will you be working with a psv with more than 1 save in it? That will change the instructions a little.

The savegame editor can be found here: http://www.paulinternet.nl/?page=sa

Oh, and don't forget about that End of the Line save at GameFAQs. It might come in handy sometime.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

I can always copy my save to a virtual memory card that has no saves on it and just work with 1 save for now. Im making a new master save file, with my own rules to it. Im still working on the old one, adding new vehicles and such, thats a different save. This one is the minimal missions up to Doberman. I carried on from my other master save so I dont have to do everything again. You can do so much more stuff once Doberman is unlocked, like mod my rare vehicles, ammunation challenges, gym challenges etc etc. Also Grey imports is open so i can proof my cars and aircraft, meaning people can use my aircraft and not get shot down by the hydra. Using a 4 star gangwar i think I can get the rustler that way, although its not as valuable because people can use the Drive By missions exploit to get it. Im still working on getting it before Big Smoke.

The main point of this file though is gangwars, I will probably do most of them manually for youtube tutorials, and add the rest using a save game editor to save me the stress, this glitch is really unreliable for me and hard without cheats

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

I just downloaded the hex thing and save editor. The save editor looks really helpful, I will be able to determine what effects I have made on the territories, who is mixed with them, their density etc.
Is it possible to make any changes so that it will work on the PS2 version? It would be cool if I could have one save file that is completely legit with no mods cheats etc and another for players to download that has more things for me to do early before the first mission, I think I saw an option to enable gang wars very early. Also choosing where you spawn is really cool, would save me loads of hassle flying to Doherty to get a tow truck and get the Rustler if this works for PS3/2.

EDIT: Sorry for double thought I was editing the other post

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Sorry for the off topic post :
You can proof the vehicles you want through grey imports? Wow, could you send a link here or pm me? I am interested.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

You can only EP/FP them, not very useful but EP protects you from Hydra missles and its useful if cars around you start blowing up. Il find a link soon and il edit this comment

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hmm, I hoped they would be BP'ed but anyway. I am looking forward to your links. Thanks in advance.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 7 2010, 03:20)
I think I saw an option to enable gang wars very early.

Should work.

Is it possible to make any changes so that it will work on the PS2 version?

Some features of the savegame editor should not be used on PS2 saves due to differences between versions:

IPL versions
Save Title (won't hurt, but PS2 uses the filename instead of the save title)
Roadblocks to SF and LV (these are IPL flags)
Hot Coffee
Help Messages
Oysters, snapshots, and horseshoes (won't work anyway)
Anything on the Fixes tab.

There might be other problems I haven't anticipated. The author never designed or tested this tool for PS2 files. Don't complain to him if it doesn't work right. It's a credit to his programming skills that it works as well as it does.

Most of the save file structure is identical on PS2 and PC. If one is very careful it is possible to cut huge sections of PC data and paste it directly into the PS2 save file. This makes it possible to use all the programming tools available on PC to make custom blocks of information for use on PS2. That's how I made those Chain Game saves for PS2. I used the PC to make the custom save, and then use cut and paste to move all the data into a PS2 save.

It would be cool if I could have one save file that is completely legit with no mods cheats etc and another for players to download that has more things for me to do early before the first mission

For PS2: I figure that since a cheat device program is required to use the save, the players would be more concerned with cool features than a save that was "completely legit". For PS3: I'm not so sure. If save management is inherent to the system then perhaps there would be more users with hardcore cheat-free attitudes.

Also choosing where you spawn is really cool,

This has always been one of my favorite features of the savegame editors. I used to avoid using it on my serious saves, but the new editor is so clean that I have a very difficult time detecting if this feature has been used. Changing a save location is not an easy trick. All sorts of data needs to be tweaked very carefully.

would save me loads of hassle flying to Doherty to get a tow truck and get the Rustler

Why not put an everything proof Rustler, with custom rims, on the roof of the Doherty garage?

if this works for PS3/2.

There's the hitch. The process is incomplete. Soon you'll be able to get a save from the PS3 to the PC. Then we can work on packaging the save for use on PS2 (use PS2 Save Builder to make an AR-Max save, and AR-Max to uncrunch it onto a PS2 memory card). If I understand the process correctly, we need someone with AR-Max (or another cheat device program) and the PS2 to PS3 adapter to convert the save back to the PSV format so that PS3 users (like you) can access the file.

And... I am definitely way off-topic. Sorry. I suppose that if you wanted to continue with this conversation that we should take it someplace else.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

I see a lot of things hapenned while I was away. I'm happy of it smile.gif At least, me and JR are not the only ones to post in this topic.

EDIT: You guys can continue to talk of it here if you want. Just make sure to add something that says somthing about gang wars and it'll be ok.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

I always feel that if everyone stuck to the topic discussions and ideas get limited easily.

I guess I will be using the fully legit file for PS3 users only and il make a more interesting file with more things open at the start of the game for AR Max users on the PS2. Thanks heaps for your help I will get started on learning it now. Also Landstalker I will be making videos on how to do this glitch, how to have your territory attacked overseas and how to have gang wars in areas you never thought possible, this ok?

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Yeah that's ok.

On PC, I heard of a mod that when in a VIGILANTE vehicle and we press the button to start VIGILANTE missions, it makes territories appear even if DOBERMAN or BEAT DOWN ON B DUP missions are not completed.

In other words; it replace VIGILANTE missions by GANG WARS.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Using this save editor it looks like i can simply check a box to enable gang wars early in the game, and even determine what territories I want, which gangs go where and control their density. It looks like I could put every single gang in one zone, however im not sure if that can work or if there is a capacity for each zone

However I cant get it to work, I can load up my save in the save editor after using the hex stuff,make changes to it and save it back but when i load it up in game there is no change. I changed my money, ammo etc it was exactly the same. So i decided to load it back up in the savegame editor and yet it still said I had the same changes I made to it.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

That's weird. Maybe you forgot something or you're bad lucked. Try to save two times?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

no it just doesnt work going from PC to PS3, but works for PS3 to PC

Anyway this is still good news as I can use the save editor to check out the zones, you can see who is which zone, what the density is etc so i will know if any attempts to mix glitches work or not

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

That's good news like you said.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:18 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 11 June 2010 - 10:51 PM.

hey I have a question about layered zones.

Take Red County, you can take the whole thing over in one go by detonating the charges in a part of red county where there are no zones.

Once you have done this, is it possible to take over individual zones inside red county, such as palamino creek?

EDIT: Something weird happened, I was waiting for a gang war and just as i got the message the gang war ended instantly. The area that the gang war was supposed to take place in ( GAN 2, Denise house area) had its density lowered a lot, and ballas now spawn there too. I didnt do a thing and it turned into a mixed territory, has this ever happened to you? I killed some ballas and it started a gang war there too, so i let them kill me as i wanted to keep it that way.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:34 AM Edited by Landstalker, 12 June 2010 - 12:37 AM.

hey I have a question about layered zones.

Take Red County, you can take the whole thing over in one go by detonating the charges in a part of red county where there are no zones.

Once you have done this, is it possible to take over individual zones inside red county, such as palamino creek?

I don't think so. I think that no. But it might works as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Something weird happened, I was waiting for a gang war and just as i got the message the gang war ended instantly. The area that the gang war was supposed to take place in ( GAN 2, Denise house area) had its density lowered a lot, and ballas now spawn there too. I didnt do a thing and it turned into a mixed territory, has this ever happened to you? I killed some ballas and it started a gang war there too, so i let them kill me as i wanted to keep it that way.

That's weird. Maybe glitch effect of the glitch? And no, it never happened to me.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:44 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 12 June 2010 - 04:25 AM.

so i should have taken over palamino creek, then all of red county. Oh well it doesnt really matter. I managed to get red county mixed with ballas on the first try, the whole thing is purple. However I waited around for 30 minutes and it was never attacked, I wonder why. I will try and take over a pallamino creed soon.

EDIT: Sucess, I coudl take over palamino creek AFTER taking over all of red county, will post video later

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:18 PM Edited by Landstalker, 12 June 2010 - 01:22 PM.

Good! That's good! Can't wait for it lol.gif

EDIT: Maybe Los Santos territories are the only ones programmed to be attacked? Or maybe there's a bad luck problem?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:31 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 13 June 2010 - 09:42 AM.

You tell me, have you ever had one of your territories outside of LS attacked? I tried one of the small towns in Red County, mixed it with GSF and ballas no luck

What im going to do now is save and wait till a territory is attacked in LS and note the time. Then il reload, go to the spot in red county and hang around for that time again. They always attack at the same time, if this works we will know

EDIT: Didnt' work, I will test this in other places im not giving up yet, right not im leaving the idea alone. I will have some videos for how to get territories, mix them and have wars them in different places by next month as i dont want to exceed my bandwidth this month

EDIT: Alright im having difficulties having more than 2 gangs occupy a zone. Il show you in a video later exactly what im doing, im wondering if you have ever had this problem. Firstly, I get a territory to become my own by using the hood abuse glitch method. Then I use your method to get ballas there. Now it is mixed between balas and GSF. However the next fight was Vagos, i did the same thing but i notice that all it did was make the territory more purple, no Vagos showed up. This has happened many times to different territories. Also I used the save game editor and there was an increase in balas density, but Vagos remained at 0.

I have a feeling this is why I cant take El Corona to be mixed, the Vagos occupy it and so do GSF so i cant mix it with 3 gangs. If you have had success mixing El Corona with balas or vagos or any other zone please let me know and how you did it. Also I went to start a gangwar in Dillimore ( a countryside zone) with GSF 10 and balas 10, but I could not find anyone. Now that balas is 18 from the failed attempt of getting Vagos there I will try again, but is it possible to find them in the countryside?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jun 13 2010, 00:31)
Also I went to start a gangwar in Dillimore ( a countryside zone) with GSF 10 and balas 10, but I could not find anyone. Now that balas is 18 from the failed attempt of getting Vagos there I will try again, but is it possible to find them in the countryside?

Some time ago I created GSF teritories all over SA, using airport gates-satchel charges method. Mixed turfs were not known back then.
I have never seen any GSF gang member in the countryside, but they did spawn in SF, LV and even in that town where boat school is.

I suspect that gang members will not spawn at places where general NPC type is a country folk. Even having very dark green turfs in the countryside did not make GSF spawn, but I got the feeling that NPC and traffic density was reduced then.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

To have 3 or 4 gang mixed territories I just made it like the video you made said.

Once, I had Glen Park attacked by Vagos. Glitched territories and they got density. After some time, I had it attacked by Ballas. It was a triple shared hood too.

Some hours ago, I tried glitching Ballas in the Vagos hood where there is the racing arena. It worked. Ballas and Vagos were in the hood. I tried with another Vagos hood and it just upgraped Vagos density instead of adding Ballas density.

I'll keep you in touch when I discover new things.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:51 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 June 2010 - 10:39 PM.

I have had attacks on territories outside of LS. The attack occurred in LV on a chain game save which has modified turfs for 4 star gang wars.

Gang members won't spawn in turfs zoned as Desert, Countryside, Residential Rich Secluded, Golf Club, Airport Runway, and Out of Town Factory on weekdays. See popcycle.dat for details. The Savegame editor 3.1 is probably the best tool for figuring out the Type of each zone. You can get gang members into these zone types by using a gangs anywhere cheat, towing a vehicle, or starting a war in another zone, leading the gang members to the zone, and letting the gang war time out before attacking.

Reduced peds and traffic is a side-effect of putting gangs into turfs. It doesn't happen in all zone types, and fiddling with the field titled Pedestrians can sometimes restore fairly normal ped and car density. I don't think anyone really knows what the Pedestrian field is supposed to do. Also, I don't think Rockstar had a total grip on this effect. I've noticed what appears to be reduced peds and cars in the zone surrounding the BMX Challenge, and in the Triad zones near Calton Heights.

BTW, I thought that modifying the zones for gang wars was difficult enough using programming codes.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

Im getting the hang of it, because certain zones dont spawn gang members thats probably why the countryside was never attacked. I will try towing a car with 3 ballas to the countryside and start a gangwar that way. Also I did notice a reduction in cars once i made the whole red county balla and GSF turf, in fact none spawned for a long time. This could be useful for 4 star things in LV. Say I take over all of LV territory in one go, I could go to a spot where gangs only spawn in LV and start a gang war. The entire thing should be under attack and cops wont spawn. Mission exploits are probably the better way to go though

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Mission exploits are probably the better way to go though

Surely the best way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im getting the hang of it, because certain zones dont spawn gang members thats probably why the countryside was never attacked.

That's good to hear smile.gif Yeah, probably.

Also I did notice a reduction in cars once i made the whole red county balla and GSF turf, in fact none spawned for a long time.

I never noticed that... Maybe I should get a better look?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

While going to palamino creek the ballas teleported there for me, it was really strange. I didnt even need satchels, just killed a few, drove over and they teleported there. From there I just killed them. Are there any other spots where they can teleport to? Will make things easier.

Anyway does anyone know what determines the chances of which gang that attacks you? Most of the time its the ballas attack me, rarely the Vagos do. Im thinking it has something to do with the number of territories ballas have to vagos ratio, i might try take over a few ballas territories until they are both equal and see if I get 50:50 attacks from both gangs

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

My experience with teleporting targets is a limited mostly to vigilante. I think there might be a slight difference in PS2v1 and PC versions of the game since teleporting is sort of related to the vigilante glitch, which doesn't work as well on PC. Anyway, if I have a target stuck under a tunnel where my hunter can't get at it, or in tight quarters where a rhino can't maneuver safely, I take off to another part of the map and usually I can get them to teleport to a more favorable position.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

I think it have something to do with the "Least Favorite Gang" stat.

They can teleport basicaly everywhere in Red County a far as I know.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:05 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 14 June 2010 - 02:55 AM.

Ok, but this save was carried on from my master save file. I used the save point in El Corona and I have killed loads of varrios aztec guys, so they are my least favourite gang. Anyway I just had an idea for gang wars in large places. You cant find gang members in red county right, so you gotta lure them to the specific territory you want if you want to have a war there. What if you lured them to the Red County territory and started a gang war so all of red county was under attack. Then kill all of the people in the first wave except for 2, pace satchels on them and go to a place where you want to have the gang war ( just for fun not to take over) Detonate the satchels, would wave 2 spawn nearby where you are? Also Red County is real close to SF airport, i might try start a gang war in Red County, but finish the war in SF somehow as you can go a bit out of the zone. If this works it could make luring gang members easier.

Also if this works and I can take over the SA territory then theoretically wherever I detonate the satchels to kill wave 1, the second wave will spawn at that spot if is tarted a war in the SA territory.

You should write an actual guide like this for gamefaqs, i think their territory glitch needs to be updated a lot. Im going to combine this glitch with the normal territory glitch where you fly off the border to make increasing density much more easier

EDIT: I did some looking around on GameFAQs turf wars. When a territory is under attack, he said if you do nothing at all you lose the territory and it becomes mixed with the ballas. This is very similar to what happened with me before, the turf war was under attack, I stood in that same territory, the timer must have sped up idk what happened but i looked back at my TV and the war was over. My stats said I had lost 1 territory, and the savegame editor showed a huge increase in ballas

Im thinking maybe this is related to your glitch. If you were to wait for them to attack you and make them spawn, you might be able to go to a territory you own and simply wait for the war to be over and lose. Maybe you will lose that territory, or maybe the territory that was under attack will be lost/mixed. This would avoid risky satchel placing AND you can still maintain no deaths. Anyway could you find out if you can start a gang war in the entire Red county area?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users