Photo

A new gang - Campaing 9 missions

11 replies to this topic
Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

I decided to make a topic about it, so you can post comments :}... Well nothing to say moar.
Here is link to the campaing.
http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=5439
I know i won't see how much downloads i have tounge.gif You'll see why, anyway, i can look at views. If you want to improve dl's then download the blank file ^^. Enjoy the campaing... (isn't it creepy? no idea, i only know, that i like mission with bike chase biggrin.gif )

Please cooment =) (btw, i LOVE cookie.gif cookie.gif )

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

You can upload a zipped pack of missions into the DYOM website directly wink.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:47 PM Edited by AznKei, 29 May 2010 - 06:47 PM.

Is it me or I can only access to mission 1 inside the .rar package? The other missions are password protected... dozingoff.gif

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Is it me or I can only access to mission 1 inside the .rar package? The other missions are password protected... dozingoff.gif

Anyways, I'm going to reserve this message box in order to give your feedback later on. ^_^

Lol x) If you would read the description... (well, not sure, didn't i deleted it fom desc.) you maybe could know after finishing one mission you get password to next :} to make it more "good"... Well, not sure if you could read it anywhere ;P

You can upload a zipped pack of missions into the DYOM website directly wink.gif

Ye, i had few problems, i thought it is problem of the .rar uploaded, but it was because of too big screenshot wink.gif

Thanks for comments :>... Comment more x)

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

I played your first 3 DYOM missions. Here's my thoughs:

- Writing: It's very good. They're generally well written and the instructions are very clear. One of the unique feature about your missions is that the player is rewarded by a password to unlock the next missions. Oh yeah, nice text coloring in order to highlight the characters names and the locations.
- Presentation: Excellent presentation, nice viewing angle between cutscenes. Nice use of objects by creating roadblocks.

The Beginning:
- Length: Good, it can be done in 6 minutes. The player takes the role as Jason a member of a Willowfield gang and he must recruit 3 members from different places to join him into his base.
- Difficulty: Easy, the player just have to follow the objective markers to recruit a new member and return to his base. There's some fist fights with a rival gang during the second member encounter.
- Variety: Decent, we have a few actors that represent the Willowfield gang and one actor model for the rival gang. No guns involved in this mission.

TDB Guns for us:
- Length: Short, it can be done in 2 minutes. The player Jason and his group leader Kenny are going to make a deal with a drug dealer. Unfortunately, they killed him and took his van which prompts the drug dealer reinforcement with their cars. Return to the base.
- Difficulty: Easy, the player assist Kenny for the drug deal, kill the dealer with your fists and escape from the reinforcements to your base.
- Variety: Decent, we have a few actors that represent the Willowfield gang and one actor model for the rival gang. Guns aren't a neccesity in this mission.

TDB drugs to sell:
- Length: Short, it can be done in 3 minutes. The player Jason and Kenny are going to steal some drugs out of Ballas garage in Glen Park. They took the drug briefcase suspiciously and they're ambushed by the Ballas. Wait for your backup members to kill all the enemies.
- Difficulty: Easy, the player has to fight against about 8 Ballas members with average accuracies, use the balcony to protect against the enemy fire. You either kill all of them by yourself with your pistol or wait before your backup arrives. I chose the first option. tounge.gif
- Variety: Decent, we have a few actors that represent the Willowfield gang and two actor models for the Ballas. The player is equipped with a pistol for this mission.

For the 3 first missions, they're generally well done icon14.gif . The length could be a little better by adding more features. Otherwise, I like your mission design style. I will play your other missions later on. Keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for this comment smile.gif Nice to hear something good about my game =) I am thinking of making new campaing, and i will probably make it. But this time, it won't be about gangs biggrin.gif

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

I bump tounge.gif Not many people interested in this :| You don't like campaings with storylines? :|

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Asepl @ Jun 7 2010, 11:57)
I bump tounge.gif Not many people interested in this :| You don't like campaings with storylines? :|

Maybe it has to do with the password feature. While it's a cool concept at the beginning, it becomes unpleasant after a while since you have to restart GTA SA every time for only one mission, and most of them are short in length at that.

Anyways, I tried missions 4 to 6. Here's my thoughts:

- Writing: Good. They're generally well written, but somehow I noticed some spelling mistakes like "pacefoul". Otherwise, nice text coloring in order to highlight the characters names and the locations.
- Presentation: Excellent presentation, nice viewing angle between cutscenes. Nice use of objects by creating roadblocks, or protection walls against the enemy fires.

TDB A bunch of problems...:
- Length: Short. it can de done in 2 minutes. The whole mission consists of killing the Ballas that try to surround your Willowfield gangbase.
- Difficulty: Easy, while the enemies have average accuracies, you also have a lot of your armed allies that assist you during the gunfight.
- Variety: Decent, we have a few actors that represent the Willowfield gang and two actor models for the Ballas. The player as Jason is equipped with an assault rifle.

TDB Ambushing the convoy:
- Length: Short, it can be done in 3 minutes. The player Jason and his Willowfield gang are ambushing and stealing a convoy of weapons from the government agents.
- Difficulty: Easy, the player has a lot of allies whose assisting him for the gunfight and the open area makes it easier to escape from the enemy fires.
- Variety: Decent, we have a few actors that represent the Willowfield gang and two actor models for the agents. The player as Jason is equipped with a country rifle.

TDB a meeting:

- Length: Good, it can be done in 6 minutes. The player Jason notices that no members are found inside the Willowfield gang base and forgets that they're planning a meeting at Rodeo, Los Santos. There, the gang are ambushed by the SWAT team and Jason must rescue them by disguising himself into a SWAT member.
- Difficulty: Easy, the enemies carry mostly assault rifles but they have weak accuracies. The player is also equipped with rifles, so he must use the environment and his distance as his advantage during the gunfights.
- Variety: Decent, we have a few actors that represent the Willowfield gang and one model for the SWAT members.

As mentionned for your first 3 missions, they're good icon14.gif . The missions should be a little bigger as the storyline progresses. Other than that, they're still good missions. Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

Ok, 2 last missions done as there's no Mission 9 found in the package:

- Writing: Very good! The instructions and dialogues are clear and well written. Nothing to add.
- Presentation: Excellent. As usual the camera view for each cutscenes are positionned accurately. There's some shooting and running during cutscenes as well, which gives more life for the missions.

TDB Yo goin' down homie:
- Length: Too short, it can be done in a minute. The player as Jason has to kill a traitor that's running away from the Willowfield gang with his motor bike. Fortunately, he won't go far so the player can kill him down.
- Difficulty: Very easy, there's one guy to kill and that's it. Not to mention that the enemy doesn't shoot you even though he's carrying an MP5.
- Variety: Could be done better, but as how the mission storyline goes, it was alright. 3 actors models, 3 weapons and 2 motorbikes can be seen in this mission.

TDB rollin' with bikers:
- Length: Decent, it can be done in 4 minutes. The player Jason goes to the skate park at the east Los Santos downtown and helps the biker gangs to kill the ballas members while hiding around the area. Unfortunately, it's a FBI decoy, so Jason has to flee back to his base.
- Difficulty: Easy, there's a lot of your biker allies that shoot the enemy and the player has a shotgun, an effective weapon. Most of the enemies carry a desert eagle but have weak accuracies.
- Variety: Good, nice representation of the FBI by using the Ballas, Vagos, FBI and LSPD models. Decent amount of weapons shown in this mission like desert eagles, shotgun, MP5 and AK-47. There' a good amount of LSPD cars with of course your own motorbike vehicle.

From now, all your "A new gang" missions has been reviewing. Overall, it's an interesting storyline which is quite easy to get through of each mission icon14.gif . This time, try to do something bigger or make something that might shock or surprise the player. Other than that, keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

Matheus Reis
  • Matheus Reis

Only other GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

Very good the idea of passwords, i'll play that. biggrin.gif

LCPFLeader
  • LCPFLeader

LCPF Comissioner

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

I like the password idea, it's a really cool feature.

I'll be downloading this soon for play.

BUT: Make sure you work very hard on the final campaign level.

DO NOT spend 2-3 days or less on it, take your time, perfect your mission, make me want to save is specially so I can play it. You do that, you'll have a really good storyline!

Hell, may even be able to make a machinima out of it some day.

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

I am doing "Bernie's stories" right now. AznKai, if you would like to review for me two missions contact me by pm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users