• This topic is locked This topic is locked
343 replies to this topic
DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Reflection shouldn't kill fps, infact it shouldn't really affect fps very much, if at all. Running Fraps, and doubling the reflection values made no difference to fps that I could see. The fps killer is normally Farclip, and lowering this should help. Also, make sure you use the "normal rain" visualsettings.dat.

I purposely used a specific value for reflections, just incase anyone thought they were too strong. Right-click the timecyc.dat and take off the read-only flag, open the file in a decent text editor, if possible (normal will do) and search and replace the value 2.001, to something lower, half that value if you want. You can also edit the farclip values, as these should give you the most fps, search and replace the high farclip values 3000, 2900, 2800, & 2700, try changing them all to 2500.

Michael322
  • Michael322

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

sorry for spaming ... is there any way to playing with visualsettings and fast start of game for example I change some line and i want to see how it looks so i must start the game (its taking long) and then switch off and edit another line ... dont you get crazy from this ??

bob113
  • bob113

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Jul 24 2010, 20:28)
Reflection shouldn't kill fps, infact it shouldn't really affect fps very much, if at all. Running Fraps, and doubling the reflection values made no difference to fps that I could see. The fps killer is normally Farclip, and lowering this should help. Also, make sure you use the "normal rain" visualsettings.dat.

I purposely used a specific value for reflections, just incase anyone thought they were too strong. Right-click the timecyc.dat and take off the read-only flag, open the file in a decent text editor, if possible (normal will do) and search and replace the value 2.001, to something lower, half that value if you want.  You can also edit the farclip values, as these should give you the most fps, search and replace the high farclip values 3000, 2900, 2800, & 2700, try changing them all to 2500.

Thanks dude ! icon14.gif

I will try this .

RussianMafiaStreets
  • RussianMafiaStreets

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

Hi,
DKT70, amazing work! Just one question... can you give me a download with your latest work, and what patch does it work with? ( with your enb )

bodom
  • bodom

bodomTerror

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

i was in holiday, nice to see updates smile.gif RealityIV V2 1.41.7z is the last version?

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Couple of v2 1.5 shots, nearly finished, just Sunny, Sunny Windy, and Foggy, to finish.
Excuse the size of the pics, I just can't get on to the Imageshack website, as I type this, to post thumbnails.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I have also found a way to do some edits directly to the stock shaders, such as increase car reflections, car windows, Trees, tyre shine, etc.. I have also managed to even replace some shaders such as replace the car's paint reflection with a mirror or glass reflection, check out the night pics of the Ferrari, shinier car, shinier wheels, etc..

Dpeasant3
  • Dpeasant3

landsknecht

• Members

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hell, looks very cool. The most realistic stock-shader mod out there. If there was a way to use AA with this, it would be brilliant. I suppose itll work with enb fine if we use "use original post processing"?

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

If there was a way to use AA with this, it would be brilliant.

That I can agree with, even though AA is slow for me, it was kind of playable in a way, but I do miss it.

I suppose itll work with enb fine if we use "use original post processing"?

I must admit, I haven't thought of that, I will try it in a bit. The ENB global reflection will have to be lowered, especially since I have modded the stock shaders to reflect more.
Here is a pic to show the car window glass at it's maximum reflection, also showing the different reflection strength from the rest of the car and environment.
It's not really useful, and looks a bit like mirror-tinted windows, but lower the setting a bit more and it looks almost ENB-like.

user posted image

BTW, I see you are doing a fine job with your own ENB set, good luck with that, did my timecyc work ok ? I found I had to do a fair bit of ENB ini editing to get it to work.

wonderblunt
  • wonderblunt

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Jul 29 2010, 17:34)
Couple of v2 1.5 shots, nearly finished, just Sunny, Sunny Windy, and Foggy, to finish.
Excuse the size of the pics, I just can't get on to the Imageshack website, as I type this, to post thumbnails.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I have also found a way to do some edits directly to the stock shaders, such as increase car reflections, car windows, Trees, tyre shine, etc.. I have also managed to even replace some shaders such as replace the car's paint reflection with a mirror or glass reflection, check out the night pics of the Ferrari, shinier car, shinier wheels, etc..

I love it... the only problem I have with your shots are the sidewalks and streets at night... looks like ice or wet.
I'm sure you can fix it.

I still havent had the time to fix my game that wont start... it's driving me nuts lol

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

I love it... the only problem I have with your shots are the sidewalks and streets at night... looks like ice or wet.

It's Raining, thats why they're wet tounge2.gif wink.gif
Na, just kidding. It's raining, but the resize of the pics hides the rain particles, for some reason, but you can see them ingame. I don't have the control I have when using ENB, it's a case of shiny, or not shiny, so I opted for shiny, looks great at night in the rain with the lights reflecting off of the cars and roads.

I still havent had the time to fix my game that wont start... it's driving me nuts lol

If you have the RETAIL DVD, try this. Rename your current GTAIV directory to something like GTAIV-PatchXX - XX = The Patch Number you are using.

Pop the DVD in, but don't allow it to start, now browse the contents and look in the GTAIV directory, double-click the setup.exe and when the menu pops up select the option "Repair", and it will install a fresh copy but it wont revoke your license, so you don't lose a install. Now patch it to Patch 3 for mods, copy that directory to the same place as long as you have the space, and patch it again to whatever you want, patch 7 for example. So now you should have 3 installs in 3 different directories, just rename the one you want use to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV

for example.
I have 3 installs

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV - ENB
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV - Patch 7

When I test patch 7 I simply rename the first directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV - Patch 3, then rename patch 7 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV, and test my mod, I also do the same for ENB. I know it's a lot of space, but this enables me to have one for modding, one stock patch 7, and one completely modded with cars/textures/ etc.. for ENB.

Now, if you don't have the retail DVD then I just typed that lot for nothing lol.gif

wonderblunt
  • wonderblunt

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:25 AM Edited by wonderblunt, 30 July 2010 - 12:28 AM.

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Jul 29 2010, 18:39)

It's Raining, thats why they're wet tounge2.gif wink.gif
Na, just kidding. It's raining, but the resize of the pics hides the rain particles, for some reason, but you can see them ingame. I don't have the control I have when using ENB, it's a case of shiny, or not shiny, so I opted for shiny, looks great at night in the rain with the lights reflecting off of the cars and roads.

If you have the RETAIL DVD, try this. Rename your current GTAIV directory to something like GTAIV-PatchXX - XX = The Patch Number you are using.

Pop the DVD in, but don't allow it to start, now browse the contents and look in the GTAIV directory, double-click the setup.exe and when the menu pops up select the option "Repair", and it will install a fresh copy but it wont revoke your license, so you don't lose a install. Now patch it to Patch 3 for mods, copy that directory to the same place as long as you have the space, and patch it again to whatever you want, patch 7 for example. So now you should have 3 installs in 3 different directories, just rename the one you want use to

for example.
I have 3 installs

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV - ENB
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV - Patch 7

When I test patch 7 I simply rename the first directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV - Patch 3, then rename patch 7 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV, and test my mod, I also do the same for ENB. I know it's a lot of space, but this enables me to have one for modding, one stock patch 7, and one completely modded with cars/textures/ etc.. for ENB.

Now, if you don't have the retail DVD then I just typed that lot for nothing lol.gif

I will give it a try in a few days as right now I'm stuck desining wordpress sites and I have an order for a few worpress templates + I have to finish my friends company logo and business card.....

I freaking out I have so much work to do and no time to enjoy myself with gta... I mostly come here to see your progress with your mod and hopping to get some free time and enjoy playing with it.

Like I said before I completely gave up on ENB and will just be using your mod.

However I do remember last winter when Owen willson was around I had removed Boris's effect.fx file and was using only your effect.txt with enb and had great fps playing the game with fraps running.....

All that to ask if you will be integrating your effect.txt in your mod, do you think theres a way to use it without having to rely on enb?

oh and no you did type for nothing as I have the original dvd's.... I done downloading cracked games..

Rachpoil
  • Rachpoil

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine! - Joker

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

I final had the chance to try out your patch and i like it very much. I was surprise how much better the graphics looks and all that without practically loosing any FPS.

Thanks DKT70 for all the time and effort you put into this patch and for sharing it.

Is the 1.3 version on the first page of this tread the latest version? I think some one mentioned version 1.5 but i could not find a working link to it.

Cheers!

Dpeasant3
  • Dpeasant3

landsknecht

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

>>I found I had to do a fair bit of ENB ini editing to get it to work.
Yeah, but I suppose its worth it. Perhaps Ill try and carry the whole settings on your timecyc, as it has some interesting things, absent in other timecycs. Waiting for your next release, with adjusted separately reflections, hope it helps to get rid of one annoying thing in ENB - reflective houses and roads.

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

Waiting for your next release, with adjusted separately reflections, hope it helps to get rid of one annoying thing in ENB - reflective houses and roads.

This is why I'm attempting this, as nice as the stock reflections can be, you can only achieve this by increasing the global reflection value, which then increases road, grass, and environment reflections as well.

In ENB, you could possibly fix this by lowering the global reflection value in the timecyc, and then increasing the CAR-Only reflections in the ENB ini

[REFLECTION1]
ReflectionFront=1.0
ReflectionSide=1.0
SpecularPower=10.0
SideFade=0.5
MetallicAmount=0.07

For example, increase both the ReflectionFront and ReflectionSide values by quite a large value, double them perhaps, then lower the timecyc value. Less shiny roads and buildings, more shiny car, hopefully.
BTW, I don't think my shader edits will affect ENB, as ENB will ignore these shaders to use it's own.

Is the 1.3 version on the first page of this tread the latest version? I think some one mentioned version 1.5 but i could not find a working link to it.

1.41 was the last release, it was simply a bug-fix release for things I had broken when doing 1.4. It's here if you want to try it.

http://www.mediafire...tw05b64csdwuwcx

1.5 is a major change, and things are still a bit buggy, so a release may or may not happen over the weekend.

Dpeasant3
  • Dpeasant3

landsknecht

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Jul 30 2010, 20:56)
Waiting for your next release, with adjusted separately reflections, hope it helps to get rid of one annoying thing in ENB - reflective houses and roads.

This is why I'm attempting this, as nice as the stock reflections can be, you can only achieve this by increasing the global reflection value, which then increases road, grass, and environment reflections as well.

In ENB, you could possibly fix this by lowering the global reflection value in the timecyc, and then increasing the CAR-Only reflections in the ENB ini

[REFLECTION1]
ReflectionFront=1.0
ReflectionSide=1.0
SpecularPower=10.0
SideFade=0.5
MetallicAmount=0.07

For example, increase both the ReflectionFront and ReflectionSide values by quite a large value, double them perhaps, then lower the timecyc value. Less shiny roads and buildings, more shiny car, hopefully.
BTW, I don't think my shader edits will affect ENB, as ENB will ignore these shaders to use it's own.

I did that in my settings, though only partially. At least Ill try to make a good balance in my next attempts to improve older settings. Though, i did it the other way around confused.gif : increased reflections in the timecyc and lowered global multiplier in enb. That is why I have goddamned glossy houses.

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

More progress, this time Finishing Fog in the Day, night still to do, and last wet weather tweaks.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:58 AM

Thank you for making this mod!
This mod, made me wanna play this game again after experiencing the major change in the gameplay and looks of the game icon14.gif

N-play-A23
  • N-play-A23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

wow, the first fogy pic is just amazing with the buildings in fog,
maybe the sky to bright a bit?

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

wow, the first fogy pic is just amazing with the buildings in fog,
maybe the sky to bright a bit?

Thats one of the downsides to getting that look with fog, no sky, either that or allow the sky through then lose the buildings in the fog look.

BTW, all those pics were taken from the full uncompressed video, which I then encoded with x264 and uploaded to Youtube, here.

I have been playing around with GTAIV's own shaders, and have managed to get some nice results with the vehicle's shaders.

user posted image
user posted image

The bottom car is a stock car showing almost ENB-like reflections, better chrome, better windows, adjustments to specular, reflective, and diffuse settings. This allows the cars to look more shiny, without making everything else shiny, such as roads, walls, buildings, grass, etc.. I have also replaced the vehicle's reflective shader with a glass shader, giving the car's paint a more smoother shine.

Only Sunny Cloudy to finish, then I'll upload everything.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

The reflections look good, it was unrealistic how the original shaders made the paint not nearly as reflective as glass, looks to be a bit too much though.

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

The only thing GTA IV reflections need is Fresnel reflection.. As Dexx made one for GTA SA. In ENB it can be a bit simulated by Reflection Front/side and SideFade, but in stock IV refelctions does not look very good.

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

The reflections look good, it was unrealistic how the original shaders made the paint not nearly as reflective as glass, looks to be a bit too much though.

It's just a hack, for now, just seeing what can and can't be done. And the more reflective cars are only the custom downloaded cars, the stock cars actually look quite good with this look.

Here is RealityIV v2 1.5 test release, if anyone wants to test it.

http://www.mediafire...uou2rdb858xn5hv

Changes for 1.5:

- ALL weathers redone, with much better, more natural colors and shadows.
- Rain, Drizzle, Lightning all redone, less brown look, more natural look to wet weathers.
- Toned-down skies, a less in-your-face look to them.
- More attempts to unify light thoughout the enitre map, still not correct, still buggy.
- Weathers are still beta, still being worked on, and Extra Sunny 2 is, for now, a clone of Extra Sunny.

There are many bugs, most I know about, there maybe a few I don't know of yet. Most obvious ones are shadows that disappear at various hotspots around the map, these are the boxes that Rockstar setup to have custom lighting, shadows, reflections, and other settings that come into place when you enter them. Using ENB, this can cause those areas to darken or lighten between 8pm - 6am, and make the light almost white, especially inside buildings. I have fixed most of these, but most do still exist.
At night, when you enter a building, especially the Burgerbars, the light will stay the same, I'm working on a way to have a specific light for when you enter buildings.
Extra Sunny 2 is simply a clone of Extra sunny, for now, until I get some time to do it's own settings. I also haven't properly tweaked each weather pattern's times, mostly adjusted each time for differing light.

If you want to test my Shader hacks then go into the directory,

shaders - Hack Patched

Pick the patch directory you are using, then pick what type of shaders you want, for example, if you don't like DoF, but still want motion blur then choose "shaders-Stock-Patched-for-no-DoF", if you want the best quality shaders and can run them with out problems, choose "shaders-Patched-win32_30_atidx10-No_DoF".
This is still experimental, and may not work properly on your PC or patch, although I have tested Patch 3, Patch 5, and Patch 7, all ok.

FlawedLogic
  • FlawedLogic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Jul 19 2010, 14:01)

I'm aiming for a dirty muddy look for the Rain, muddy roads, rain with mud and dirt falling on asphalt, it all gives off a slight brown tint to everything.

user posted image
user posted image

As you can see, everything has a slight brown tint to it, and this is something I like and want in my mod. Don't like it, then feel free to edit it to your own tastes.

Holy f*ck, is that 116th and Lex in NYC?

dataschmuck
  • dataschmuck

time traveler

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:00 AM Edited by dataschmuck, 08 August 2010 - 04:03 AM.

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Aug 3 2010, 14:16)
Here is RealityIV v2 1.5 test release, if anyone wants to test it.

http://www.mediafire...uou2rdb858xn5hv

Changes for 1.5:

- Rain, Drizzle, Lightning all redone, less brown look, more natural look to wet weathers.
- More attempts to unify light thoughout the enitre map, still not correct, still buggy.
- Weathers are still beta, still being worked on, and Extra Sunny 2 is, for now, a clone of Extra Sunny.

There are many bugs, most I know about, there maybe a few I don't know of yet. Most obvious ones are shadows that disappear at various hotspots around the map, these are the boxes that Rockstar setup to have custom lighting, shadows, reflections, and other settings that come into place when you enter them. Using ENB, this can cause those areas to darken or lighten between 8pm - 6am, and make the light almost white, especially inside buildings. I have fixed most of these, but most do still exist.
At night, when you enter a building, especially the Burgerbars, the light will stay the same, I'm working on a way to have a specific light for when you enter buildings.
Extra Sunny 2 is simply a clone of Extra sunny, for now, until I get some time to do it's own settings. I also haven't properly tweaked each weather pattern's times, mostly adjusted each time for differing light.

If you want to test my Shader hacks then go into the directory,

shaders - Hack Patched

Pick the patch directory you are using, then pick what type of shaders you want, for example, if you don't like DoF, but still want motion blur then choose "shaders-Stock-Patched-for-no-DoF", if you want the best quality shaders and can run them with out problems, choose "shaders-Patched-win32_30_atidx10-No_DoF".
This is still experimental, and may not work properly on your PC or patch, although I have tested Patch 3, Patch 5, and Patch 7, all ok.

That link is dead, can we get a mirror?
Or maybe a new version, if it's ready?

wonderblunt
  • wonderblunt

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hey DKT,
I finally got a chance to do a fresh install of the game and I can't find any of my saved files and instructions to make the game moddable or the saved patches I had.

Can't you point me in the right directions to download the patch you want me to use and a link to instructions to make the game moddable.

Thanks man!!

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Can't you point me in the right directions to download the patch you want me to use and a link to instructions to make the game moddable.

Patch the game to whatever you want, my mod works on all patches fine.

Here is patch 3:
http://www.filefront...Patch_1030.exe/

Patch 4:
http://www.filefront...tch-v.-1.0.4.0/

Patch 5:
http://www.filefront...1.0.5.0-Patch-/

For Patch 7 just get that one off of Rockstar's website. Not sure if the above are Global patches for all regions, but worth a try, not for Steam uses, though.

For my latest 1.5 release, check your PMs. wink.gif

Aksine
  • Aksine

Computyng

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Dkt 70 The mediafire Links Broken Can u reupload pls W8ing for it Amazing Work Till now colgate.gif

Gilly1987
  • Gilly1987

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Aksine @ Aug 9 2010, 09:04)
Dkt 70 The mediafire Links Broken Can u reupload pls W8ing for it Amazing Work Till now colgate.gif

yes can you add a new link so i can check it out
cheers

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:49 PM Edited by DKT70, 17 August 2010 - 08:57 PM.

Ok, after a few days of tweaking and testing, here is a tweaked v2 1.51, hopefully working this time.

Changes for 1.51:

- Tweaked all weathers to stop white-outs at certain times, and changing weathers.

Bugs:

- There are still light-changing bugs dotted around the city, these are Rockstar's own boxes, they have been created to allow custom settings for specific areas, both indoor and outdoor.
This is still on-going, testing if it's still possible to have unified light around the entire city, both day and night. Indoor areas still have to have custom
settings finished, as they require custom night settings.

- Some weather patterns and times are still WIP, and still being worked on to improve them, these will be finished for 1.6 / 1.7.

Notes:

- The Folder, "Shaders Edited", contains my own shader edits, these are WIP only, and are meant to improve stock reflections for cars, glass, windows.
- Because these are WIP, there are a few bugs, such as shadows looking a little blocky, I'm still playing around with them.
- There are many shaders in this release, for all patches 3 - 7, so pick the correct shaders for your patch, and then if you want DoF or not.

Download:

http://www.mediafire...nb2k6za3d0w5wzk

There are still some light bugs dotted around the city, but I've fixed most of them, there is still a major one in Dukes - around the Meadows area.
What still needs addressing is the internal lights, as you'll find it way too dark at night when entering various buildings and burger bars, this is because I have essentially nulled the settings so they match your current weather and time, so they need their own specific settings. These will hopefully be fixed in the next release.
I have had some bright light bugs reported to me by some testers, this is why I took down the first 1.5 release, but I have been unable to reproduce this, on ANY weather and time, so not sure what the problem was.

EDIT:
If anyone runs into darkness problems, or you find this mod looks like the stock GTAIV, and you are running patch 4 or 5, then you will need the file filecheck.asi, here

http://www.mediafire...2tvvvaliwinazi7

This file belongs to Alexander Blade, so I can't put the file in the same archive as my mod, all credits to Alexander, for this file.
Just put it in your GTAIV directory and run the game as normal.

Aksine
  • Aksine

Computyng

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:10 AM

Thanks DKT70 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users