Photo

The Exchange

7 replies to this topic
leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

I finally got down to the final mission. Espresso 2 Go and S.A.M. were easier than I expected. I tried to drive my Bulletproof Patriot (the only reason Espresso 2 Go was so easy) to Catalina's mansion to trigger The Exchange, and when I made it out of the mansion (provided the Cartel didn't pull me out of the Cruiser while escaping), it was gone. Is this a normal occurrence? Is there any way to save this car? I have a feeling I'm gonna need it to get past all those Columbians on the dam.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

In order for it not to disappear you must leave the car's door open; to do this, as soon as you press enter or 'f'' to leave the car press any of the direction keys\arrows. Though I would not recommend you to use the Patriot in the last mission because after the credits you are spawned to your safe house and the car disappears.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

You won't need it, trust me this mission is easy.
but when you see a military car, RUN!

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

@Claude Speed
The vehicle you use is only at risk of disappearing after the credits IF you didn't get back in it. After a shot is taken at Catalina's helicopter, get in the vehicle immediately...and it will respawn (with bulletproofing intact) back at your Shoreside safehouse after the credits. Maria will have been saved as well if she got in with you...tho she just acts like a random ped and walks away.
If you missed the timing and the vehicle was not entered, there is still a slight chance of saving it. Run ON FOOT over to where you last parked it before the credits, and it might still be there.

Topic:
It's easier using a Rhino tank stolen from the military. To keep the mission timer in check, back the tank into your SSV garage and use a faster car instead. Once you get through the gate to use it during the mission, ignore the chopper and drive all the way back to the safehouse. You can even pick up weapons you have stored there ;-)
Climb in the Rhino, scoot down the hillside, and drive up the road to the Dam. Have fun blowing away Columbians with the gun turret.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:32 AM

A guaranteed way to keep the Patriot after the mission is to return it to your SSV hideout after you blow up the helicopter, but before you get close to Maria. Make sure all of the Colombians are dead before you return with a non-bulletproof car though. It would suck to fail the mission after that much work.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Careful! Bringing cars to safehouse garages when a mission is in progress can cause it to disappear afterward if you use more than a single vehicle afterward. I experienced that problem in the "Marked Man" mission from delivering the bulletproof Bobcat (that I used to get Ray to the airport) back to the Staunton safehouse, and then stealing a car to collect the bulletproof Patriot. I did that twice before hitting on the solution to just collect the Patriot on foot.
You should also revisit the garage immediately after the mission to verify that the vehicle is still there.

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the help. It's not imperative that I keep the Patriot once the game is ended, though it is nice to know I can if I want. I was finally able to beat this, though I still sometimes get blown up in the car if I'm too close to where the helicopter is making those huge explosions.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

After completing the game 100% at least 2 times (I've completed it at 100% 3 times) all missions are really easy. The only one mission where I've used the bullet-proof Patriot is Uzi Money because you know how a gangs from every side start shooting at you. If your vehicle is not bullet-proof it could easily explode during this mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users