81 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

user posted image

Introduction
It's a long time ago that we did a contest... After winning an award AND reaching the 5000 missions at our site, it is time to organize another contest. This time the theme is "Military". That is one of the two theme's that got the most votes in this poll. Next time, the other theme will be used (Exciting Story Line).

Goal
The goal of the contest is off course to create the best mission using "Design your own mission". Things to keep in mind are originality, playability and difficulty. You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated. If your mission is ready, you should upload it to our mission upload site.

Theme
In this edition the theme is: Military. Be creative, but use this specific theme. We are curious about what you make up!

Jury
The jury, consisting for the second edition of PatrickW, (if he wants) miclin and myself, will choose a number of missions from all submissions and from those mission everybody can choose the top 3. The mission with the most votes will win the contest. The winner will be part of the jury for the next edition of the contest if he wants.

Schedule
You can submit your mission until Sunday, June 6. All missions will then be reviewed by the jury, which will present the nominated missions within a week. After that everybody can play the nominated missions and name their favourites. This will be possible for a week after the nominees have been made public. After this week the mission with the most votes is declared winner.

Submit
You can submit a mission for the contest by uploading it to the mission download site and post the following information in this topic:
CODE

[b]Mission name:[/b]
[b]Mission description:[/b]
[b]Link to the mission:[/b]

Everybody can submit two missions, when you submit more than two, only the last two will compete.

Reward
The most important reward for everybody that enters the contest is off course that you can claim to be a GTA mission designer. The author of the winning mission will be invited to become a jury member for the next edition of the contest and you will be in the Wall of Fame!

Finally
Good luck, and, above all, have fun! wink.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

Good luck, everyone.
I'm not in it because I hardly can find a path to make an 'original' Military mission.

Tug66666
  • Tug66666

Francis McReary

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Ahh damn, Military storyline. Not my speciality of missions but I'll give it a shot...

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ May 23 2010, 20:11)
Good luck, everyone.
I'm not in it because I hardly can find a path to make an 'original' Military mission.

There are millions of things you can think of. Remake of CoD or a movie, just a fight with army guys, something with a hydra, ... Why don't you just try? smile.gif

mhVTran
  • mhVTran

[stuff goes here]

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Military theme!!! lol.gif
I'm going to try this.
Creating an original story right now!*

*not necessarily 100% original.

[501st]Wolf
  • [501st]Wolf

DYOM Mission Maker/Ottawa Senators Fan

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

"Military" Theme. Nice. smile.gif

Good Luck, everyone.

Tug66666
  • Tug66666

Francis McReary

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Finished! 97 Actors and no crashing for me, I must be lucky.

Anyways heres my Mission. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Mission name: The Armys Secret

Mission description:

1995, San Andreas. For the past 3 years two Terrorist groups have been fighting over religious disputes. Both groups are from Iraq, or atleast everyone thinks so. The first group of these people are called the IFN. Short for the Iraq Freedom Nation. The other group are the IAN. Short for Iraq Arm
Nation.

You play as a Military Captain, Smith Benerds. You and your close friend, Captain Jones Reynolds are both set an assignment by General Washington Tomson. You need to stop the IAN from blowing up the Sherman Dam. In which if done so will flood the lower towns and kill thousands. But will you find out that IAN are from San Andreas and are plotting to start a World War towards Iraq in order to destroy the IFN and Iraq itself? Or will you discover a secret Government Operation thats purpose is the same? Or are the Army and IAN both on the same sides

Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=5397

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hey Tug66666, played your mission. It was so cool cool.gif . Very good mission. Just the part where the 'Hunters follow you' was tough. Overall I liked it!

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:48 AM Edited by Kratos2000, 25 May 2010 - 10:50 AM.

Empire State

It’s 1989; San Andreas is Divided into three parts, Las Venturas, San Fierro, and Los Santos.
A letter wrote the Mayor of Los Santos (before the Japanese revolution)
“It seems we already passed the point of no return; I am loosing votes every day,
the situation is getting worse, once, couple of months ago, the Japanese ‘Gang’ came to Los Santos, very soon, it became a small "Empire" in San Andreas.
in a few days, chaos ruled the city, then… I remember this day; they got to me, to my office.
She called herself Ming, of the terrible Japanese crime family.
In this minute I understood that I’m not holding the strings anymore.
After two weeks, The Italian Mafia (a special stream of Leones) took over the Japanese Gang, I still have no idea of what happened there,
after two weeks I lost most of my voters in the new election, for a corrupt Mayor, which is planning to be the President soon,
I am still hearing Ming’s words, after I lost in the election..
“We don’t need you, you will better drop dead.” From this point, I understood I need to hide, don’t search for me plea”

After reading this letter, the president hides the letter in his room, and starts a war against The Italian Mafia and the Japanese Gang.
The letter was found in a package which was delivered by the L.S.P.G organization.

Just an intro for my mission.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

Mission Name: War Never Ends

Mission Description:

1996 years. The war around the desert never ends. There is always war, war, war and more war. Americans versus Russians near San Fierro and Las Venturas.
You play as Pvt. Johnson from Base 23 in the desert. He's life changed after the death of Sgt. Ferdy in a battle. He seeks revenge to the Russian Captain Phill Ervachov.

Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=5407

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

I'll try my hand at this. I just have to write it first.

Jayrad
  • Jayrad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:30 AM Edited by Jayrad, 27 May 2010 - 01:01 AM.

Revolution in S.A.
The Presidential vist to S.A. is used as an opputunity to start a revolt by an L.S. based Extremist Group Fight all over S.A. for the good of S.A.
Link: Revolution in S.A.
sorry for the short discription it has alot of major turns and i didn't want to give them away. Also this is a series of 8 missions because of the size if that is allowed if not then pick the best. smile.gif
Never Mind i Have to fix will be updated tommorrow

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (leoncj @ May 25 2010, 20:01)

Mission Description:

1996 years. The war around the desert never ends. There is always war, war, war and more war. Americans versus Russians near San Fierro and Las Venturas.
You play as Pvt. Johnson from Base 23 in the desert. He's life changed after the death of Sgt. Ferdy in a battle. He seeks revenge to the Russian Captain Phill Ervachov.

Leoncj, The mission crashed when I got into the patriot. Did it crash for someone else too?

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

Over 10,000 downloads and recognised DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

I've been really inactive for quite some time, but I simply must enter this contest. I'll see what I can come up with that fits the Military theme without taking ideas from my DYOM series.

For those who play Codename: Zulu: I am sorry for not keeping up with updates or letting anyone know what is going on with the mission series. After finishing school last week I needed time for myself, that and I am obsessed with RDR right now lol I am now working on the series again. I am half done with the second mission of Act II and hope to finish by the end of the month. Bug fixes shall be put off for a later date sadly.

JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (GTA!!! @ May 27 2010, 00:39)

Mission Description:

Leoncj, The mission crashed when I got into the patriot. Did it crash for someone else too?

Yeah.For me crashed. sad.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (JOJOXX @ May 27 2010, 11:22)

Mission Description:

Okay then I'm gonna try to fix it.

hetment
  • hetment

GTA 4 and gta san andreas. the best gta games ever!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

Dyom contest three eh... sure i will also participate ... my mission will be posted like near june 1 or 2

Michael_Tuner
  • Michael_Tuner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

So, Here is my mission for theme Military.

The mission is to get a truck from the military,

And I've done it the best I could. Now you decide.

Thx guys.
THE MISSION

Hope you like it. blush.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:51 PM Edited by leoncj, 28 May 2010 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE (leoncj @ May 27 2010, 11:55)
QUOTE (JOJOXX @ May 27 2010, 11:22)

Mission Description:

Okay then I'm gonna try to fix it.

I'm still learning English so what Patriot means? biggrin.gif Its an Army Truck or a chopper or something? biggrin.gif

EDIT: Never mind, I found out tounge.gif . War Never Ends will be fixed soon.
EDIT2: Fixed it! Try it now! And tell me if its still crashes.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

Patriot is a car in GTA.
it's also a feeling, of love to your homeland.

maxpaynexxx
  • maxpaynexxx

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Nice theme for the contest, sounds exciting cool.gif

Sadly my graphics card got fried due to the heat sad.gif

Those from India would know how hot it is here right now. Damn Global Warming. suicidal.gif

Will try running GTASA using the integrated crap, but I doubt my luck cryani.gif

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:49 PM Edited by Asepl, 29 May 2010 - 07:05 AM.

Lawl exciting? Man x-x Army theme is only shooting shooting and once more.... shooting. Hard to make any interesting storyline confused.gif . And you can't make it realistic, npc's in tanks can't shoot from 'em, hydras can't shoot (steered by npc) Or maybe they can? No idea. have to check it :> Well, i was doing a mission, but when i looked at it from distance... I deleted it tounge.gif I'll try once more.

EDIT:

Ok ^^ I did a mision P: Sorry i didn't write i am the creator, but when i was in the middle of making mission, i remembered i didn't use "new game" :> I could only rename mission...

War Diares

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=5469

Soz for no screeeeeen :| See the description of game.

[501st]Wolf
  • [501st]Wolf

DYOM Mission Maker/Ottawa Senators Fan

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:26 PM Edited by [501st]Wolf, 29 May 2010 - 03:59 PM.

Mission Name: The Prosecutor

Mission Description:

After being succesfully extracted out of the "hot stove" of the militia's controlled territory, Mitchell and his unit find themselves being sent to more dangerous and hazardous missions. After the cargo ship, the Prosecutor, send out a distress beacon, Hunter 2'1 and 2'3 are sent to find out and investigate what happened. Wil you find out what happened to the ship, and getting out alive?

Link to Mission: The Prosecutor

user posted image

Edit: I use the GTA IV Font Style.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE ([501st]Wolf @ May 29 2010, 15:26)
Mission Name: The Prosecutor

Mission Description:

After being succesfully extracted out of the "hot stove" of the militia's controlled territory, Mitchell and his unit find themselves being sent to more dangerous and hazardous missions. After the cargo ship, the Prosecutor, send out a distress beacon, Hunter 2'1 and 2'3 are sent to find out and investigate what happened. Wil you find out what happened to the ship, and getting out alive?

Link to Mission: The Prosecutor

user posted image

What font do you use?

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

Over 10,000 downloads and recognised DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

Hey, can I just submit a couple of missions from my Upcoming DYOM update? I want to submit 'Besieged' and 'Sons of the Soviet Union' I'll upload them to the GTA site either wen I finish making ACT II, or on June 5th, whichever comes first

JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hey.I have a little question.I make a contest mission.I need to use 2 part.When I finished can I upload in .rar?

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (JOJOXX @ Jun 1 2010, 09:46)
Hey.I have a little question.I make a contest mission.I need to use 2 part.When I finished can I upload in .rar?

Yes you can upload in .rar. or .zip.

JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (GTA!!! @ Jun 1 2010, 10:12)
QUOTE (JOJOXX @ Jun 1 2010, 09:46)

Yes you can upload in .rar. or .zip.

Thank you GTA!!! colgate.gif

Brian Walker
  • Brian Walker

Nope, i am not alive, not inside, and i'm not a fool

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Ok i stop 4 a sec take care of ur self, Im gonna make a remake of Black Hawk Down!
-Dont stole my idea!- tounge.gif

UNRATED69
  • UNRATED69

suck my hammer

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Assault on Palomino Creek

The small town of Palomino Creek is adapted to be a military base to protect against terrorist attacks, however, they are severely undersupplied. Among the few is Pvt. Frank Wilson, one of the best on the base. But when they face an all out assault from a group of terrorists, will he be able to survive?

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=5518

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users