Photo

[WIP] GTA Romeroland

11 replies to this topic
kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

So i started a TC zombie map based on George Romero's original 3 movies. Night of the living dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead. It will consist of 3 different islands, 1 for each movie. I have pretty much completed the night of the living dead island, complete with weapon placements, vehicle placements, a savepoint, LOD's, and yellow entrance markers for the farmhouse(not featured in vids). If you downloaded my original NOTLD mod, this is the same farmhouse, but drastically improved. This island is huge, and has the farm, the cemetery from the movie, and a small town as well. This is being developed entirely by me and i'm not asking for help, but i won't turn it down either. If theres anyone out there who is a huge Romero fan please contact me. Theres so many resident evil mods out there, and theyre great, but its getting kinda overdone. I aim to fix that by paying homage to where flesh eating zombies originally come from, cuz without these movies there would be no resident evil. Heres a couple vids showing off the environment, and one features zaz and beeswaxs zombie alarm which i will be recommending as a prerequisite for my map. Also featured are a few vehicles i did not do, but they'll be prerequisites as well unless i can get permission to include them. Suggestions are welcome of course.

And a machinma style video of the opening scene of night of the living dead i did to give you an idea.

Once again help will be accepted, although not necessary. And the zombies were created by zaz and beeswax.
Hopefully theres some Romero fans out there. Speak up!

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

looks pretty good for start, also don't forget to add the grass wink.gif

Meat.
  • Meat.

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Amazing! Only You could use better textures for safehouse at least. Use Original SA ones, not custom, it just won't blend in everything using SA textures while your models use custom ones.

Would be 100% awesome if you make this in white&black only. (Don't know how, but it's possible.)

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

Well, my grass texture is a little large. is there an existing in game grass model i missed?

Thanks meat! yeah believe it or not those are SA textures, i just tweeked them a bit. i used untweeked SA textures for the landscape.

And i wish i could come up with a toggleable black and white display cleo! It does look uber cool in B&W.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:11 PM Edited by AB0333, 06 June 2010 - 03:13 PM.

My opinnion:

-Idea. I think idea is excellent. I agree about the Resident Evil thing. GTA Net is full of those mods. I haven't watched the movie, but nonetheless, when I saw the mod I started to love it. biggrin.gif Gotta take look at it.

-Progress. Excellent. I like the maps. Btw, I've noticed some already existing objects ingame. You didn't use map cleaner, right? You just raised island's level, raised the water level and used old objects and added few new ones?

Overall: 5/5.
I'm really looking forward to it. Don't let it die. smile.gif

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi all. This is of course Trin's famous Day map converted to SA. This allows us to use more modern games, even converting it to other games from here perhaps. Anyhow it will be part of my gta Romero mod when it comes out which will of course feature environments from the first 3 films. I know many of you are dying for a game based around these places and such. This is prob as good as we'll ever see but it's really coming together well! Of course i havn't done the Day chopper yet so i just threw the WGON chopper in there haha! The above ground section is not final and was only done for the vid. I have played this map in lotdrtfg many times but in 3rd person it's a little funner. Anyways still WIP. wink.gif

This is the way the lift sounds. tounge.gif
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Nice mod. Looks like a lot of fun.

But Ill admit, it will have much more potential on GTA IV.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Wow, i'm huge Lucio Fulci fan but also like these three movies by Romero. kal-el5676, great work! There're cool atmosphere and right locations.

Mystal
  • Mystal

Mystal

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Its amazing. Please complete it as soon as possible. Amazing map..
Rating 5/5.

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Yeah, I'd like to see it in IV also, but there's no good zombie mod for IV yet.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (kal-el5676 @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 21:17)
Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Yeah, I'd like to see it in IV also, but there's no good zombie mod for IV yet.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=Y0h5lPXOPk0
Download in description.
It is possible to port this to PC as its for Xbox 360 and PS3. The natives will need to be changed to 1.0.7.0 and I think the header needs to be changed too.

Your map with this mod would be epic. You would need to edit the peds to have a zombie texture though.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Please, dude, finish it on gta san andreas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users