Photo

shoreside vale

9 replies to this topic
47bruce
  • 47bruce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

how do you get there when bridge is up and tunnels incomplete? i forgot,anything to do with subway. i tried. want to get packages. devil.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

Complete more missions. Specifically once you finish the Donald Love mission "A Drop in the Ocean" the entire map will be available.

47bruce
  • 47bruce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

thank you,,will try.. alien.gif

Dick Peniscock
  • Dick Peniscock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

I managed to get there by driving a big military truck in 'chittychittybb' mode.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

No need to cheat...you can get anywhere without using codes.

Shoreside Vale is *much* easier to get to in the first part of the game (before Staunton is unlocked)...since you can use the tunnel glitch to run to Staunton.

-----------

Porter tunnel glitch:
Back an ambulance onto the sidewalk inside the Porter tunnel entrance where the blue barrier is. Jump onto the ambulance's hood from the sidewalk and run up the windshield to the back. Sticking through the tunnel ceiling, jump to the center of the tunnel and you will fall *up* onto the ceiling...where the blue barrier can easily be jumped over from the raised center section. Run across the river on top of the tunnel and step off into "blue hell". You respawn at ground level.

Since the blue barrier is stopping the Portland side at that point in the game, you can just drive the tunnel itself between Staunton and Shoreside with nothing blocking the way!

-------------

Unfortunately, the raised center section is not "solid" where the blue barrier covers the tunnel to Shoreside Vale later on...so jumping over it is not possible when Staunton is already unlocked. But there is still a solution.

-------------

Instead of using the Porter tunnel, use the subway instead. Taking an ambulance from Staunton's hospital, drive it to the Bedford Port / Torrington subway entrance (where that little pedestrian bridge crosses the highway). Drive the ambulance all the way down to the subway loading platform. Following the direction of the subway cars, drive West and then North on the tracks (keep right!). At Shoreside's subway station, get onto the right loading platform and drive the ambulance up the first set of stairs. There, the ceiling is low enough to be reached when jumping from the top of the ambulance. After you have "fallen up" onto the ceiling, step around to where the subway tunnel is. Be careful not to fall in any holes here, or you will respawn inside the subway station. Drop off the North side onto the subway tunnel ceiling, and run to the North (just follow the road above you). After a short distance, the subway tunnel will bend and you will fall off of it...respawning outside of the airport proper! :-)

-------------

A Speeder boat spawns at the far Northeast end of the Southern runway, so you can easily get back to Staunton whenever you want (or just drive there if the Portland's side is still blocked). But I recommend stealing a Dodo from the airport and learning how to fly it. Once you finish off Portland's IE garage with it, you can get one whenever you want, and fly it wherever you want to go.

ALEXw0z3r3
  • ALEXw0z3r3

GTA III Made Man

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:29 AM Edited by ALEXw0z3r3, 17 June 2010 - 11:36 AM.

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Jun 7 2010, 00:02)
Instead of using the Porter tunnel, use the subway instead.  Taking an ambulance from Staunton's hospital, drive it to the Bedford Port / Torrington subway entrance (where that little pedestrian bridge crosses the highway).  Drive the ambulance all the way down to the subway loading platform.  Following the direction of the subway cars, drive West and then North on the tracks (keep right!).  At Shoreside's subway station, get onto the right loading platform and drive the ambulance up the first set of stairs.  There, the ceiling is low enough to be reached when jumping from the top of the ambulance.  After you have "fallen up" onto the ceiling, step around to where the subway tunnel is.  Be careful not to fall in any holes here, or you will respawn inside the subway station.  Drop off the North side onto the subway tunnel ceiling, and run to the North (just follow the road above you).  After a short distance, the subway tunnel will bend and you will fall off of it...respawning outside of the airport proper! :-)

this guy is a pro lol
and yeh, its possible to complete Portland IP/EX garage while still only on first city without cheats, I've done it. However it may be hard to find Bus and Flatbed but they mostly can be found near the ammunition. Also it's impossible to find Securicar before doing Van Heist mission but I still need confirmation.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:57 AM Edited by Claude Speed., 17 June 2010 - 12:01 PM.

QUOTE (ALEXw0z3r3 @ Jun 17 2010, 11:29)
Also it's impossible to find Securicar before doing Van Heist mission but I still need confirmation.

Untrue. I completed the Import Export delivering right after I completed the first mission which is mandatory if you want to save. The hardest one to find is the Blista since it does not spawn in Portland but you will most likely stumble upon one in the Vigilante missions.
Staunton Imp\Exp delivering can be completed except one car, Bf Injection which will only spawn at Misty's house after you complete all of Joey's missions, in fact only after you unlock Shoreside, you can bring it to the garage since it's impossible to bring a car to the other islands while they are locked (without cheats, of course).

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

There's a much easier way to get to Shoreside early, but you must do it BEFORE Stauntan is unlocked. But, once you do the trick to jump the bridge and get to Stauntan(Demerest had a video on his website, and it might still be there via Archive.org), it is Cheat Free, but once you get to Stauntan, the Tunnels from Stauntan to Shoreside will be open until Stauntan is unlocked via the storyline, so until then, you can use the tunnels to get to Shoreside, however the tunnel to Portland will still be locked though. This has been used on a non-modded PC version. It was only tested by me on the PC version, not sure if it works on PS2/X-box 360 releases or not.? Just a heads up.

If you want Securicars for the garage, I found a few of them driving around Stauntan and Shoreside, so just jack them and store them in your Stauntan and/or Shoreside garage until the other islands open up and then deliver them at that time. The Only vehicle you can get to Portland early from the locked islands, is the Dodo, as it can fly.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Incorrect. It's not impossible to bring a car to the other islands while they are locked. You can push cars between locked islands using a boat. As long as you are careful not to push too fast though the water (causing it to roll over and explode), the vehicle can then be pushed up on shore wherever there is a gradual slope big enough to accomodate it.

Also, there's an additional trick to getting rare vehicles to spawn in Portland. You can use the tunnel glitch or bridge jump to gain access to Staunton. Over there, it's not uncommon to find Blistas, Securicars, Trashmasters, and Flatbeds cruising the street near the Stadium. Mr. Whoopie can be found occasionally at Shoreside's hillside streets. To "force" such a vehicle to spawn in Chinatown, drive down to the end of a dock in Staunton, get in a boat, and go over to Callahan dock. Since the vehicle is occupying one of the two active vehicle slots in memory, this increases probability that one will spawn randomly on the road.

Or, you could just use the R3 mission trick. Might take a little longer, but any of Portland IE's vehicles can appear (except the Dodo - which can be flown from Shoreside at any time).

BF Injection is not available *at all* until you've left Portland through the storyline in "Last Requests".

ALEXw0z3r3
  • ALEXw0z3r3

GTA III Made Man

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:37 AM

Well the only car I couldnt find was the securicar in Portland and I've played A LOT before the first mission. And yeah it's possible to push the cars by water by pushing them with the back of the reefer. Yay I got my CP Stretch rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users