Photo

[REL|SA|CLEO] Phone Service

276 replies to this topic
Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

I told you that I wouldn't let this topic slip into next page, didn't I? smile.gif Anyway, how is the mod coming along, did you succeed in implementing those new features? We (I speak plural, I am sure there are more ppl that want this mod) are waiting eagerly for updates, just wanted to remind you tounge.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None
  • Best Mission 2012 [Left 4 Theft San Andreas]

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Thanks Shark. smile.gif

Well, I haven't been working much on the mod since it's not even approved on GTAGarage. But I already made the basics for Cesar's service. I will work next week more on the mod, so you can expect updates in the upcoming week. wink.gif

_DK
  • _DK

gta3 cleo

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:22 AM

Ok. I watched only 1st part. So what I think
1) While you select a weapon, not only the point of camera must be changed, the position too (I think it will be better)
2) The car with opened baggage creates while fading still hasn't 100... Guy, it's really looks ugly. Create all that you want to use in your scripts while faiding has 100%.

fade 0 1500
wait 1500
Car.Create(...
fade 1 1000

Btw, you still not want IV interface for it?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (DK22Pac @ Jun 15 2010, 07:22)
Ok. I watched only 1st part. So what I think
1) While you select a weapon, not only the point of camera must be changed, the position too (I think it will be better)
2) The car with opened baggage creates while fading still hasn't 100... Guy, it's really looks ugly. Create all that you want to use in your scripts while faiding has 100%.

fade 0 1500
wait 1500
Car.Create(...
fade 1 1000

Btw, you still not want IV interface for it?

So, the fade is not perfect? You see things created while the fade hasn't been completed yet? I will change the position of the weapons and the camera, so that will be fixed in the next version.

And nope, I don't want the IV HUD. It looks nice, but I just want to keep it my own mod. smile.gif

yeahcj
  • yeahcj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

pliz change the key * to somthing different

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (yeahcj @ Jun 16 2010, 10:51)
pliz change the key * to somthing different

Give me one good reason why I should do that.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

It annoys me when someone asks for a key change. Changing the key fixes it for that user but possibly will create a problem for another user

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

Maybe I can add a feature that you use to set your own keys. But probably not.

Btw, the files and screens have been approved at GTAGarage! colgate.gif
Download the mod now officially at GTAGarage:
>Phone Service<

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Yay! Doublepost! sarcasm.gif

Well, I have a small update. Because the weapon-choose feature for Emmet's Service is kinda bugged, I changed it so it won't be bugged anymore. Watch the video:

Else I've got nothing else I can show, I will give more updates next week or maybe tomorrow.

Ascona96
  • Ascona96

A handy (wnb)modder since 2006

• Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hey RD, can you help me, because that key * doesn't do anything in me. I have gxt.hook and I've putted the cs. and fxt. files onto cleo and CLEO_TEXT folder. confused.gif
BTW this mod is awesome, I like the emmet most. smile.gif And I've always liked cleo mods. I wait for updates and other releases.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Ascona96 @ Jun 19 2010, 20:01)
Hey RD, can you help me, because that key * doesn't do anything in me. I have gxt.hook and I've putted the cs. and fxt. files onto cleo and CLEO_TEXT folder. confused.gif
BTW this mod is awesome, I like the emmet most. smile.gif And I've always liked cleo mods. I wait for updates and other releases.

The files 'GxtHook.cleo' and 'Phoneservice.cs' must be in your CLEO folder. The file 'phoneservice.fxt' must be placed in the CLEO_text map. If you don't have this map, create it. Otherwise just put it in the map. Now it just have to work. colgate.gif

I fixed some things regarding Emmet's service. First of all, your money will decrease now instead of increasing. Also, when you don't have enough money for a weapon, you can't buy it. I'll try to finish Cesar's service today so maybe I will post an update soon.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

Here's an update, I just added some new features and fixed some bugs.

Changelog v0.2:
  • Weaponchooser from Emmet's service has been edited
  • Homies will now come to you on foot instead of you coming to them
  • Cesar's service has been added (escape car)
  • Every service is now unlockable after a certain mission

This is how the unlock system works. When you complete a certain mission, you will unlock a new service. The following missions are needed to unlock the services:

Emmet's service: Nines and AK's

Sweet's service: Sweet's Girl

Toreno's service: Verdant Meadows

Cesar's service: Farewell, my Love

Screens v0.2:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
(As you can see, Cesar's service is still very bugged)

I still want to add another service for San Fierro and fix Cesar's service before I release version 0.2

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Heh, I had this idea in waiting for a while (pretty much since the crappy Fun Mod thing). In fact, I'd tossed a coin on whether to start making this or the Black Market Mod tounge.gif This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to do. Nice to see it being done! Good luck with the mod.

Zyo
  • Zyo

Homeboy

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:24 AM Edited by zyonig, 28 June 2010 - 06:31 AM.

Nice work on this cleo guys icon14.gif . This is one i will be using for sure.

The weapon dealer section is genius. Finally emmet is useful biggrin.gif

Would be pretty cool if you could work a "call a taxi" script into this cellphone interface. Theres a few good taxi mods about, james227uk did a great one in fact, but it would be cool to be able to incorporate something like it here....

edit:
I have made a few changes too, just to mention them for the sake of discussion. I have made the weapon choice a bit more "ghetto" from Emmets trunk. Now the choice is Molotov, Sawnoff, Country rifle. Though i might change it yet. Corrected the money bug, and also added a bribe element to the "lose the wanted level" section. Now it costs $1000 to pay off the cops. Also I am considering a multiplier relating to how many stars need to be cleared. you know like $200 for one star, $1000 for two star, $5000 for three?

edit2:
You might want to add the money given to Emmet to your "CASH SPENT ON WEAPONS STAT"
Also, it seems that if you call for homies, you can't use the phone while they are around?

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

It's great, RD. I'm glad you fixed the bugs and had time to make new ones as well. The idea with missions that unlock each service is original as well. Keep up the good work, and who's next?

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Amazing stuff Mr. RD! cookie.gif
It reminds me of Saint's Row 2 unlockable phone services system biggrin.gif
I loved it! inlove.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

@Deji: Thanks, I saw your Black Market mod and it looks really great! colgate.gif

@zyonig: Thanks, the taxi service would be a good idea but CJ doesn't has any friends with a cab service as far as I know. Maybe I can do something to add the weapons you mentioned to Emmet's service. What do you think about completing a (self made) small mission to unlock more weapons? I already corrected the money bug, the bribing is a good idea but I think it doesn't really fit. Toreno has enough money already. tounge.gif I will try to add the weapon stat idea, that sounds good. It's true that you can't use your phone while you got the homies, this is to prevent you from calling homies after each other. Each service must be a small addition when playing, not that you are to ''overpowered'' by using them to much.

@TigerTanker: Thanks Tiger, I'm planning to fix many bugs and maybe add another new service beside Cesar's for version 0.2 Probably it will be Woozie or if you got another idea, I'll be glad to hear it. smile.gif

@AlexLB: Thank you Alex, but just call me RD. biggrin.gif

I also have the idea for making a cooldown for Toreno's service. When used, you've got to wait for 3-5 minutes. What do you guys think?

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

That'd be nice and realistic, I'm sure Toreno would be pissed off if CJ would call him every minute smile.gif .

Zyo
  • Zyo

Homeboy

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

Cool. For the taxi service I didnt really mean for it to be a freebie kind of thing by calling a mate. I just though adding the ability to call a taxi using the phone interface would be a good idea. CJ would still have to pay etc.

The weapons I changed simply because they are fairly crappy weapons, the kind of stuff emmet is likely to deal in. And also because they are items that tend to get ignored a lot, the molotov for example is a cheap easy weapon, and outside of one mission (i think) there are only a few opportunities to get them. The other thing I was thinking about was adding items to emmets inventory that: a) you cant really get in the game, such as teargas, or b) the items you shouldnt really be able to buy in stores, i,e hand grenades.

The bribing, yeah I see what you mean. I added it myself as (in my head) the money wasnt going directly to Toreno, it was going to pay off the cops you pissed off doing whatever it was that gave you that wanted level, but essentially you would have to kick it up to toreno so that they could pay them off. But the more I think about it, the more I think the uniforms would just have to do what they were told, if some suit from the government told em to lay off....

And I see what you mean about not calling up loads of homies. Though I gotta say that calling sweet more than once didnt even occur to me. I called up two homies, and then found I couldnt call emmet. Just seemed a little strange.

The cooldown for torenos service. Great idea. There should be a limit to how much/often you can get him to help you out.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

I'd say like 10 minutes to prevent the feature being completely abused

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

Wow nice update RD. Which method did you use for Cesar's service? ( As far as I remember james227uk's Police Backup mod has a very nice way to bring you a car with support in - maybe you could ask him if you haven't already?)

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

I think the cooldown will be like 5-10 minutes, first I have to get it to work. I got some problems with it.

Shark, I used the same method as James227uk because I used his script to find out how to make such thing. (James, I will give you credit for this wink.gif )
I first store the coords of the player location, than store the coords of the nearest car path to the saved coords of the player. Than I create the car at the saved coords of the car path and let it drive to the player. But the problem is, is that the car will try to drive to the player but will drive as a normal car. That leads to it crashing of the road or driving a wrong way. That's why I scrapped the idea of the homie support coming to you in a car. It will drive completely other ways than I want.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Damn, I didn't know. suicidal.gif
As far as I know, it stores your coords, then it spawns a car at the nearest car path in a pre-determined range.
Did you try the decreasing the range the car spawns? When the car spawns closer to you, the chance of it arriving one piece increases. It will be slightly unrealistic, but it sure works. I'm nowhere near as experienced as you guys, but still worth trying, no? If you decide to do this, you will have to check if player is in an interior though.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ Jun 29 2010, 21:32)
Damn, I didn't know. suicidal.gif
As far as I know, it stores your coords, then it spawns a car at the nearest car path in a pre-determined range.
Did you try the decreasing the range the car spawns? When the car spawns closer to you, the chance of it arriving one piece increases. It will be slightly unrealistic, but it sure works. I'm nowhere near as experienced as you guys, but still worth trying, no? If you decide to do this, you will have to check if player is in an interior though.

It now kinda work good, the car spawns near the player than drives correctly to you. That makes Cesar's service sort of finished.

I was thinking about something new for the mod. How about creating another menu, one that let you call public services. Things like 911, pizza courier and other things. I want to do this because many people gave me such suggestions and ideas.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 30 2010, 17:41)
QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ Jun 29 2010, 21:32)
Damn, I didn't know.  suicidal.gif

It now kinda work good, the car spawns near the player than drives correctly to you. That makes Cesar's service sort of finished.

I was thinking about something new for the mod. How about creating another menu, one that let you call public services. Things like 911, pizza courier and other things. I want to do this because many people gave me such suggestions and ideas.

I think that's a good idea, it'd bring more realism to the game. I'd say, do it if you have time and inspiration, I'm sure people would love it smile.gif .

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

This is getting better each day. Yeah for the public services!

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

This mod is looking like an idea i had a while back. Wich was pretty much adding phone support to SA, the same way it does in IV.

Where you can call 911 and friends. And even do missions with it.

Im glad this is beeing done, I woulnt have time to make such a big mod.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

I like the idea of public services. Maybe you could use other peoples already created mods, and just add them to your menu ..
There is already police support, army support, and pizza delivery. Maybe get paramedics to come heal you ?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

I'm glad you all like the idea of public services. colgate.gif

This is what I got now, you can call 911 and select a service:
user posted image
(These services don't work yet)

miclin