Photo

[REL|SA|CLEO] Phone Service

276 replies to this topic
james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

Maybe it should be towards the more ghetto parts of Los Santos. Maybe even in Emmet's actual "base"

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None
  • Best Mission 2012 [Left 4 Theft San Andreas]

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Jun 1 2010, 22:16)
Maybe it should be towards the more ghetto parts of Los Santos. Maybe even in Emmet's actual "base"

There already spawns a pistol, it would be even more stupid when you can buy a pistol from him when there's one for free just besides you.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

Thought of the pistol, but never thought of it like that.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

Yay, you're back again! Toreno's service sounds really great, I like it. James' idea is good for another location at LS ghettos (it shouldn't be Emmet's place though). Who's next? cookie.gif cookie.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (TigerTanker @ Jun 2 2010, 18:17)
Who's next?

Cesar, Woozie and maybe the Truth. happy.gif

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Maybe you should add Jethro and Wayne too, to fix your car, possibly for free due to them working for you

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Jun 2 2010, 20:27)
Maybe you should add Jethro and Wayne too, to fix your car, possibly for free due to them working for you

That sounds good, will try to make that one.

I now finished Emmet's service and will start scripting the homie support tomorrow, after that I will release the first version.

user posted image

user posted image

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:54 PM Edited by Shark_Cipriani, 02 June 2010 - 07:21 PM.

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 2 2010, 16:55)
QUOTE (TigerTanker @ Jun 2 2010, 18:17)
Who's next?

Cesar, Woozie and maybe the Truth. happy.gif

the upcoming ideas sound cool.

$ Niki $
  • $ Niki $

Group:Sound&Art Prod. Group:Modelers Group:AF Motion GFX

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

Im glad that you work again man , if you now how to work with anims , remember the mission with smoke when you got to meet emet , when if you cann add cutscene anim when open the Refrigerator or what is it, and when you got there to play the same anim and you buy weapons from there too , not a car its kind made before :? what you think. I hope you understand me

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE ($ Niki $ @ Jun 2 2010, 20:54)
Im glad that you work again man , if you now how to work with anims , remember the mission with smoke when you got to meet emet , when if you cann add cutscene anim when open the Refrigerator or what is it, and when you got there to play the same anim and you buy weapons from there too , not a car its kind made before :? what you think. I hope you understand me

I think that's hard to make because it's a real cinematic cutscene. That sort of cutscenes contain animations that can't be used in normal gameplay.

$ Niki $
  • $ Niki $

Group:Sound&Art Prod. Group:Modelers Group:AF Motion GFX

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 2 2010, 19:50)
Im glad that you work again man , if you now how to work with anims , remember the mission with smoke when you got to meet emet , when if you cann add cutscene anim when open  the Refrigerator  or what is it, and when you got there  to play the same anim and you buy weapons from there too , not a car its kind made before :? what you think. I hope you understand me

I think that's hard to make because it's a real cinematic cutscene. That sort of cutscenes contain animations that can't be used in normal gameplay.

I know that is hard but saying its god idea to make , if oyu know how to it it will be awesome smile.gif , or ask someone t help you and stuff

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE ($ Niki $ @ Jun 3 2010, 11:09)
QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 2 2010, 19:50)
Im glad that you work again man , if you now how to work with anims , remember the mission with smoke when you got to meet emet , when if you cann add cutscene anim when open  the Refrigerator  or what is it, and when you got there  to play the same anim and you buy weapons from there too , not a car its kind made before :? what you think. I hope you understand me

I know that is hard but saying its god idea to make , if oyu know how to it it will be awesome smile.gif , or ask someone t help you and stuff

I will try it, but I don't think it gonna work.

I'm gonna create homie support tomorrow and also try to release the first version this weekend.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

It looks like the topic is sinking away, so I will give an update.

I almost finished the homie support service, and that means I will release it tomorrow. You can now call Sweet and you will ask for support, he will have a look for you and you wait. When he calls back he tells you where the support is. There are 3 places, each will be chosen randomly by the script. When you arrive at the given place, the homies will get out of the Greenwood and enter your group to fight beside you.

I think I will add more locations in the future, but will be in later versions.

Screens:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:43 PM Edited by Shark_Cipriani, 05 June 2010 - 09:20 PM.

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 5 2010, 18:52)
It looks like the topic is sinking away, so I will give an update.

You know I wouldn't let that happen smile.gif Homie support looks good.
Anyway, are you planning to release a beta or something or do you prefer to release a finished mod?

EDIT: Its late here. Gotta re-energize smile.gif I am imaginating that I will find the beta available to download when I wake up. I would surely feel great then!

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

The whole Coding forum seems to be coding inactive now, for the SA mods at least.

I demand a beta of this awesome mod for my laptop's arrival! (Just kidding, I have no right to demand it)

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

I think I will release it as a beta version so people can test the services and report bugs or give ideas on how it can be made better. It will be version 0.1 with the following services:
  • Emmet - He can sell you weapons, a pistol, tec9 and AK47.
  • Sweet - Sweet can give you homie support, there are 3 locations where the support can spawn.
  • Mike Toreno - Toreno can remove your wanted level if it's level 3 or lower.

After the release I will start making the San Fierro services.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

wth is "support"? change it to "backup"

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Jun 6 2010, 10:21)
wth is "support"? change it to "backup"

What sounds better? Homie support or Homie backup?

Anyways, here is some gameplay:

Will release the beta version 0.1 today.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:00 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 06 June 2010 - 12:10 PM.

Doublepost! panic.gif

Release

Phone Service Beta Version 0.1

The mod hasn't been approved on GTAGarage, but that doesn't stop me from releasing it! You can now download version 0.1 of Phone Service at the following sites:

>Megaupload<

>Mediafire<

You can post bugs and ideas here in this topic!

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:47 PM Edited by Shark_Cipriani, 06 June 2010 - 12:55 PM.

Just tried it and its awesome. Haven't found any bugs. But since this is a beta, it is likely that will have some. I will try harder to find a bug later.

EDIT: Regarding the Jethro and Dwayne service, maybe you could bring your car to them and have a few options available in the garage at SF?

Idea:
Only fix the car ($50- or free? it should be cheaper than paynspray)
Make the car Bulletproof (costs 5000$)
Make the car more durable at crashing (don't know if this extra health saves when you put it into garage, though)

And things like that.

Don't know who we should be calling for this service, but anyway :
And in the same garage, we could chop any cars for $$? Like in GTA IV, when you finish Stevie's Car Thefts

And Cesar could bring you some of the sport cars (I know this has been mentioned, but I wanted to bring them in one post)

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

very nice, also unique idea with the trunk icon14.gif

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Good job mate! Everything is perfect, except for one little thing. In my opinion, the homies in Sweet's service should have stronger weapons, so they could stand a chance against enemy gangs. Maybe it would be even better if they would go to your position. If you need help, it's pretty strange that you have to go to them instead of having them coming to you.

@Shark: I like your idea about Dwayne and Jethro, about Cesar, if RD is going to make it, he should make it with tuned lowriders instead. I don't think that a Mexican gang member could bring sport cars for free.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:27 PM Edited by Shark_Cipriani, 06 June 2010 - 05:00 PM.

But since CJ and Cesar work together in Wang Cars missions, I believe Cesar should be able to get hold of these cars.
Or maybe ;
- He could bring the lowriders (they could be pre-tuned, paintjobs and more) free and sport cars for a fee

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Let's make this clear. In the version I released today the homie support will be spawned at one of the 3 locations. I did this because it's too bugged to let them come to you. If they would come to you, I have to let them walk because a car is too bugged.

My plans for the new services are:
  • Cesar - When you call him you can choose from 4 or 5 cars and he will send one to you. (Hopefully this will not be bugged)
  • Jethro/Dwayne - One of them can fix your car or make it bulletproof. This is done by coming to the garage in Doherty.

I will also add features like area restricted services. Emmet's and Sweet's service are only available in Los Santos and that sort of things.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

I've just tested the mod and I have to say, it's awesome. It works like a charm. But I've noticed two minor bugs.

#1: The weapons in Emmet's trunk got messed up.
#2: If you buy a weapon you get money instead of losing it.

Anyway, you deserve cookies! cookie.gif cookie.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (TigerTanker @ Jun 8 2010, 19:15)
I've just tested the mod and I have to say, it's awesome. It works like a charm. But I've noticed two minor bugs.

#1: The weapons in Emmet's trunk got messed up.
#2: If you buy a weapon you get money instead of losing it.

Anyway, you deserve cookies!  cookie.gif   cookie.gif

Thanks, the weapons are indeed messed up. It's kinda hard to place them good in the trunk. Maybe I will use a bigger vehicle in the next versions. The money bug will be fixed in next version. smile.gif

Thanks for reporting. biggrin.gif

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Wow, I'm ashamed of myself. How could I miss those bugs when I tested? I must have been very careless that day.
About the weapons getting messed up, how about you use the tampa RD? It is the car you blow up in the Emmet mission (after bottle shooting part). It has a bigger trunk as far as I remember.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:55 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 08 June 2010 - 06:10 PM.

QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ Jun 8 2010, 19:45)
Wow, I'm ashamed of myself. How could I miss those bugs when I tested? I must have been very careless that day.
About the weapons getting messed up, how about you use the tampa RD? It is the car you blow up in the Emmet mission (after bottle shooting part).  It has a bigger trunk as far as I remember.

Good suggestion, I will have a look at it. smile.gif

By the way, what do you guys think about disabling the services until you complete a certain mission? So you can unlock services by progressing through the storyline.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 8 2010, 17:55)
About the weapons getting messed up, how about you use the tampa RD? It is the car you blow up in the Emmet mission (after bottle shooting part).  It has a bigger trunk as far as I remember.

By the way, what do you guys think about disabling the services until you complete a certain mission? So you can unlock services by progressing through the storyline.

How about making two versions? One has that new mission feature while the other works as V0.1.

That'd be good imo since there are people who got sick of re-playing SA's storyline again and again, like I did tounge.gif . But there are some guys who'll find it much better that way. Good idea though.
About Emmet's weapons, I took a look again, it's only messed up if he goes to Unity Station tounge.gif .

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (TigerTanker @ Jun 8 2010, 20:23)
QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Jun 8 2010, 17:55)

How about making two versions? One has that new mission feature while the other works as V0.1.

That'd be good imo since there are people who got sick of re-playing SA's storyline again and again, like I did tounge.gif . But there are some guys who'll find it much better that way. Good idea though.
About Emmet's weapons, I took a look again, it's only messed up if he goes to Unity Station tounge.gif .

Okay, I will just release it as an optional feature you can add when installing.

I will fix the Unity Station weapons. I also added the feature that you can use Emmet's and Sweet's service only in Los Santos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users