Photo

limits.dat? what is it for?

4 replies to this topic
alenoguerol
  • alenoguerol

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

i was checking the files inside C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings and i found a file called limits.dat
i tryed to open it but its encrypted or something
may i ask what does this file do?
because i have the theory that it establishes the limits of the game capacity acording to the hardware but im not sure
if it does it could be handy if someone with a very powerful computer uploads that file
it could fix things like the taxi bug for example
thanks

Intosia
  • Intosia

I'm random! ^^

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

If im correct it hold the limits of the game engine. For example, dont load more then 100 cars, 200 peds etc. I thought there was a topic some time back where ppl where discussing the limits of the engine.

Peppens
  • Peppens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, makes sense.

failure13
  • failure13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

But still, can somebody provide any info of what is what in there?

A lot of hex stuff in there which i would certanly like to know what exactly each value stand for...

failure13
  • failure13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Guys please, anyone?

I really want to expand engine power, and i guess it's the file that holds it, and get overwritten each time you start the game (sometimes even in the process), as effect of this i got sometimes peds in car appearing at distance of 5 meters (as a hardcoded rule) and it can only be re-created by running benchmark and rebooting the game, or delete this file and launch game.

This file holds power, i mean, if only i knew any of those values meanings, i could set it manually forever, and restrict re-writing of this file, which create non-sense mess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users