» «
Photo

[IV][WiP[Rel]Cam-Control

20 replies to this topic
thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

GTA:IV scripter

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:01 PM Edited by thaCURSEDpie, 17 May 2010 - 07:55 PM.

With my finals coming up soon, I thought I'd better finish this up quickly so people might enjoy it while I'm studying and studying smile.gif
Summary:
Cam-Control allows you to control a free-flying cam. You can adjust the FOV and roll and can of course go anywhere* smile.gif .
This can be useful for machinima makers or if you want to see how the skyscrapers look like from within (they're empty).

Installation:
Extract all files and folders to your main GTA:IV / EFLC directory.

You will need:
An ASI-loader
(http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=380830)

HazardX's .Net scripthook
{http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325)

.Net framework 4
(http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en)

Visual C++ library 2010
(http://www.microsoft...isplaylang=enĀ )

Usage:
Press F4 (default) to enable the Free-Cam. This allows you to 'no-clip' through the city.
Once you have activated the camera you can:
-increase the FOV (default: F5. max: 170 (or it crashes tounge.gif ) )
-decrease the FOV (default: F6. min: 3)
-increase the roll (default: F7.)
-decrease the roll (default: F8.)

to move around:
W/S: Forward/Backward
A/D: Strafe left/right
Q/E: Upwards/downwards
mouse: Look around smile.gif
Arrow keys: Look around

Advanced:
You can change all settings in the provided .ini.

Known issues:
None... But there are probably some issues... I haven't tested a lot (finals... blergh)

Enjoy wink.gif

(*) but not underwater

MadcapSmoky22
  • MadcapSmoky22

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS! Finally I'll can make cool screenshots without enabling the damn annoying video editor! Thanks!

amd74
  • amd74

MADMAN

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

thanks
and by the way
nothing ...

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

Glad you're happy Madcapsmoky smile.gif .

Amd74: "nothing"..? tounge.gif

Ferna_22
  • Ferna_22

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (thaCURSEDpie @ May 15 2010, 14:01)
...or if you want to see how the skyscrapers look like from within...

Hahaha...

Excellent mod, I saw it some days ago (or yesterday) at GTA GARAGE; very useful wink.gif ...

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Thanks smile.gif

700 views on GTA-garage, 37 downloads... What are these people thinking? tounge.gif

Marsmillo
  • Marsmillo

All in

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:20 PM Edited by Marsmillo, 23 May 2010 - 05:10 PM.

Will try it out and report back when i do!

Edit:
I just give it a try and it all seems to work fine! I didn't find a way to chance the activation (F3) key in the ini file. But thats the only concurn I have for the moment! This tool will certainly come in handy when exploring the city, making screen shots and even in making machinimas

Hope you will continue on this project and I still hope someone can make us some kind of Racer_S cam hack tool like in Vice City and San Andreas... with more camera points in vehicles and a way to edit them to our likings. Oh, damm, I really miss that in GTAIV

But thats a bit offtopic!
I really love your tool to and it will certainly come in handy! Thanks!

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Marsmillo @ May 23 2010, 16:20)

Edit:
I just give it a try and it all seems to work fine! I didn't find a way to chance the activation (F3) key in the ini file. But thats the only concurn I have for the moment! This tool will certainly come in handy when exploring the city, making screen shots and even in making machinimas

Hope you will continue on this project and I still hope someone can make us some kind of Racer_S cam hack tool like in Vice City and San Andreas... with more camera points in vehicles and a way to edit them to our likings. Oh, damm, I really miss that in GTAIV

Thanks for your feedback smile.gif .

You are right about the activation key... Seems like I missed that tounge.gif . I'm quite busy now and can't reach my PC (which has the sourcecode), so you'll have to use the default key for a while tounge.gif

I am looking into different vehicle views, but that proofs to be more 'challenging' confused.gif

When my finals are over (and if I don't have to much parties to attend biggrin.gif ), I'll at least add a customizable activation key.

Marsmillo
  • Marsmillo

All in

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:26 AM Edited by Marsmillo, 25 May 2010 - 02:49 PM.

QUOTE (thaCURSEDpie @ May 23 2010, 22:08)
QUOTE (Marsmillo @ May 23 2010, 16:20)

Edit:

Hope you will continue on this project and I still hope someone can make us some kind of Racer_S cam hack tool like in Vice City and San Andreas...  with more camera points in vehicles and a way to edit them to our likings. Oh, damm, I really miss that in GTAIV

Thanks for your feedback smile.gif .

You are right about the activation key... Seems like I missed that tounge.gif . I'm quite busy now and can't reach my PC (which has the sourcecode), so you'll have to use the default key for a while tounge.gif

I am looking into different vehicle views, but that proofs to be more 'challenging' confused.gif

When my finals are over (and if I don't have to much parties to attend biggrin.gif ), I'll at least add a customizable activation key.

Take your time to party! I will this summer colgate.gif

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Working on the vehicle cams... I'm not sure what my goal is, really tounge.gif

It's easy to just stick the camera to a vehicle. But I'm thinking about replicating the old (sh*tty) camera from Vice City tounge.gif . Here's a little video of the current state:

As you can see it sucks tounge.gif (IMO its not fun to drive this way). It's even worse if the cam also inherits the car's roll, lol. So I'm gonna go think about how the camera should behave.

Marsmillo
  • Marsmillo

All in

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (thaCURSEDpie @ May 27 2010, 15:28)
Working on the vehicle cams... I'm not sure what my goal is, really tounge.gif

It's easy to just stick the camera to a vehicle. But I'm thinking about replicating the old (sh*tty) camera from Vice City tounge.gif . Here's a little video of the current state:

*YOUTUBE VIDEO*

As you can see it sucks tounge.gif (IMO its not fun to drive this way). It's even worse if the cam also inherits the car's roll, lol. So I'm gonna go think about how the camera should behave.

Nice to hear your are working on the vehicle camera's!

If you have Vice City or San Andreas, you most try out Racer_S cam hack. I think its the only way to understand what I mean. It was a great tool witch give us players more view points and control to adjust it to our own likings. Its difficult to describe, you most see it and experience it yourself to really know what it is / was.

Its a bit like the cinematic camera views from GTA IV, but without the automatic and randomly chancing views and the you also can compare it with the freelook option in the GTAIV video editor. No surprise it was used to make the most machinima's in GTA games before GTAIV. It had the camera ability to freelook, adjust, attach it to the player, car, object ...

But go out and try it yourself so you maybe get inspired for your own tool. Or ask Racer S to help / give you the source code of his tool (hack) to export it intro GTAIV. (that would be awesome!) You can download it from his website in a pack with his older tools and hacks; found here: link.The Vice City and San Andreas versions are included in that pack.

Or look to some youtube video's, where the tool was used, like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg87nRujYC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKK-4pRZwsA (- the gravity and other cheats used)

I'm sorry I can't code, so I can't help you with that.
But I you like, I can brainstorm with you.

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for your reply smile.gif

Will look into that... but ... busy suicidal.gif (but: last exam tomorrow! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!!)

(Will have to install Vice City again.. but thats not that big of a deal hehe)

n3o123
  • n3o123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

i cant move my mouse for look around

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (n3o123 @ Friday, Sep 9 2011, 09:42)
i cant move my mouse for look around

Hey, sorry, I am very busy at the moment so I won't be able to look into your issue.

I haven't had anyone else report this issue, so maybe you're not using the right key? (I notice you're German, you probably have a non-US keyboard, perhaps you have to use different keys than those listed in the readme, so you could check that out.)

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

Camera turn should be a little delayed. First car should turn and 2-5 seconds later camera, and not instantly like the video

I think that is how it should work better

Phnx
  • Phnx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Hi. I guess you're not working on this anymore? sad.gif

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Phnx: yep, I don't have the time at the moment, and other modding things are more interesting to me at the moment.

You can find the sourcecode for the mod here: https://github.com/t...pie/Cam-Control , if you want you can have some fun with it. Anyways, the car-chase cam is something I wasn't very interested in to begin with, so it's safe to say I won't be working on that anymore.

Dilys95
  • Dilys95

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

user posted imageFinally I'll can make cool screenshots without enabling the damn annoying video editor! Thanks!

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Glad to hear you like it smile.gif

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Is there any way to change it so F3 launches the mod instead? Trainer is F4 so it gets in the way

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

I must be blind. Where is the download link for this so called cam-control?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users