Photo

Annihilator Spawns?

29 replies to this topic
MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

Has anyone found any Annihilator spawns at the police station helipad in single player? I've checked all the helipads. Francis International Airport, Fishmarket South, East Holland station, Lower Easton station, METV building, etc. but they don't seem to spawn. I've tried going back and forth by a few blocks and I've done some drug wars as well to help keep me busy and come back but no spawn. sad.gif

Please don't give me that "use a trainer/cheat code". I just want to know if anyone has seen one spawn. My game was completed 100% already.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:30 AM

Use a trainer or a cheat code, tounge2.gif

XTREME0235.

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:41 AM

I've seen it atleast 4 times on top of the MeTV building.
It's very rare to spawn but it does, with some patience and lots of luck it'll eventually spawn.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ May 14 2010, 02:41)
It's very rare to spawn but it does, with some patience and lots of luck it'll eventually spawn.

Dang, I get the Maverick spawn when I get to the MeTV building. Alright thanks, bro.

MadOmega
  • MadOmega

PC user

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

i saw one spawned at the Airport (for me) but just once; also i think some(1-2) spawn at level 4 police chase, but you will have to get rid of the "hostile" pilot and inhabitants. Other than that you could try XTREME0235 alternative

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 14 2010, 07:46)

Dang, I get the Maverick spawn when I get to the MeTV building. Alright thanks, bro.

It does aswell for me but like I said, with patience and luck it'll spawn wink.gif
Just keep tryin' if you want it that bad.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ May 14 2010, 08:45)

It does aswell for me but like I said, with patience and luck it'll spawn wink.gif

Nah, bro. I actually found a way to get the spawn at Lower Easton LCPD station. It's sick but you'll have to go through mission replay. It isn't much of a hassle than going back and forth to get it to spawn.

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 14 2010, 22:25)
QUOTE (Greasepalms @ May 14 2010, 08:45)

Nah, bro. I actually found a way to get the spawn at Lower Easton LCPD station. It's sick but you'll have to go through mission replay. It isn't much of a hassle than going back and forth to get it to spawn.

What's the trick?

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, tell us the trick. Question, is it like the one you found in TLaD where it spawns after completing the last mission?

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

Nah, bro. For this one, you get it any time via mission replay.

Replay the mission, "Caught With Your Pants Down" and get to the part where you shoot the yellow bolts holding the APC. Shoot three of them then shoot the last one until you see or you're near the Lower Easton LCPD station. You should see a helipad with the Annihilator waiting there. Once you parachute out the Swift, try to land on the Lower Easton LCPD station helipad then get to the chopper and fly away from the APC to fail the mission.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:29 AM Edited by mincemate003, 15 May 2010 - 03:12 AM.

Really? Sounds cool. Do you still get a wanted level even if you don't get in the APC?

edit- do you have to start shooting the bolts? Can you just go straight to the police station?

edit2- nevermind. I assume you do. I never noticed that the game said "shoot it before it reaches the police station". I assume they put the Annihilator there for show.

edit3- I just tried this. No Annihilator. I guess I jumped out too far from the police station. Do I need to wait until I actually see it come into view? How much time do I have at that point?

edit4- I feel so stupid blush.gif. I was going to the police station in East Holland by mistake. Strange thing is that while shooting down the bolts, the Skylift kept going towards northern Algonquin, away from Lower Easton, which made me think it was going there. So you are sure that when you abandon the APC, you don't respawn back at Helitours? Thing is, the first part of the mission has the cutscene of death which, ironically, you can only escape through death. So, if you wanted to get the closed doors Swift, you would have to park in in a parking spot, kill Yusuf, then quickly kill yourself. But there are no parking spots near the police station, so... I'll try flying towards the Skylift/APC and shooting down the bolts again.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:59 AM

Yeah I think it's best that you shoot the last bolt once you see the Annihilator. You don't get a wanted level if you don't get in the APC so you're cop free. When you shoot the last bolt, the APC will always be on the highway at Fishmarket South for some reason. So that's where you'll spawn and parachute automatically.

I tried getting to the part where I'm flying the Swift and I land on the Lower Easton LCPD station helipad and the Annihilator spawns there. I tried to fail it by killing Yusuf while I was in the Annihilator but it later teleported me back to Heli Tours. Maybe you can fly the Swift to Lower Easton LCPD station helipad, take the Annihilator and leave Yusuf there. Check to see if you'll still get teleported back to Heli Tours for leaving him thus failing the mission.

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Yo MC I think you just found a way to unlock the Annihilator.
I tried your method to grab the heli (and it worked) and now everytime I pass by the Lower Easton police station there's an Annihilator on the roof notify.gif I never seen it spawn there before.

Thanks man! I was starting to miss the good ol' Annihilator rampages lol.gif

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Same here! I found that even if you can't land on the roof of the police station and go too far from the APC, the Annihilator is still there. Right now I keep coming back to the station and it is still spawning. I am wondering if it will stay like that if you save the game.

paul
  • paul

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ May 15 2010, 19:15)
Same here! I found that even if you can't land on the roof of the police station and go too far from the APC, the Annihilator is still there. Right now I keep coming back to the station and it is still spawning. I am wondering if it will stay like that if you save the game.

Just tested it and no, after loading the game it isn't there anymore.
You gonna have to repeat the mission to get the spawn again.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

lol sick, bro. Nice. Hopefully, Lancet tries this. Thanks for confirming about the save/reload, Greasepalms.

Bro.

aftica
  • aftica

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

excellent find MC!!! i find it even spawns if don't get in the heli with Yusaf... after Yusaf arrives in his Swift, just drive away far enough to fail the mission. after you are warped to the heli tour pad, just go and get your Buzzard and fly to the roof of the police building and collect the Annihilator. note, that it doesn't appear until you get quite close to the pad.

again, awesome find dude!!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

Thanks, man! Thanks for the method as well. I'll try that out.

Also, if you don't want to do the part where you shoot the yellow bolts, I just found a much more faster and easier way to do it.

Once you get in the Swift, fly to the Lower Easton LCPD station helipad.

- Get inside the Annihilator
- Fly straight to Heli Tours as soon as possible
- Stop and land as soon as possible

Once you're teleported back to Heli Tours, the Annihilator should be waiting in front of you as if you just exited it.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

I remember seeing another Annihilator spawning on a rooftop in East Algonquin. I can snapmap it if anyone wants.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

Yeah, snapmap it. That might be one of the rare occasions when one does randomly spawn, but it is hard to rely on those.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:36 AM

This isn't completely on topic, but am I the only one that has a completed and second to last mission save file? After you beat the game, I don't think you can get the Swift again unless you do the mission replay. The Swift gets replaced by the golden Buzzard.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ May 16 2010, 02:36)
This isn't completely on topic, but am I the only one that has a completed and second to last mission save file?  After you beat the game, I don't think you can get the Swift again unless you do the mission replay.  The Swift gets replaced by the golden Buzzard.

Yes that is right, the Swift get's replaced by Yusuf's Golden Buzzard after the mission 'Not So Fast', where you have to steal the diamonds at the museum.

XTREME0235.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:31 AM Edited by mincemate003, 16 May 2010 - 05:34 AM.

No, it's replaced at the end of the story. After that it can only be obtained through replays like you said. That's why it is considered a unique vehicle. In my opinion, it isn't that hard to just replay "Not So Fast" where you can easily get it by killing Tony and the celbyinator.

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:16 AM

Don't forget about the Swift having an open door vs. closed, too.

Btw, I'll add the specifics of spawning an Annihilator to the TBoGT guide, but first I have a task for those interested. If possible, check all mission replays to see which, if any others, also trigger Annihilator spawns. Just to see if any other more opportune instances to obtain it exist.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:51 AM Edited by buzbegone, 16 May 2010 - 08:16 AM.

I'll take a screenshot of the Annihilator.

This is the helipad I saw it on but it wasn't there when I took the screenshot

user posted image

You guys were talking about Caught With Your Pants Down and I remembered where I saw it from and low and behold...

user posted image

Must've been there for show but pretty pointless if you ask me.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Why would it be pointless? In your first screenshot, it looks like you had one of those "rare occasions" to have it spawn.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

No, I remembered seeing it on that helipad but only on that mission. I just don't see any reason for it to be there on that mission when it's unobtainable.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

It is obtainable. Doing that mission causes it to spawn constantly on that helipad until you re-load the game. You can shoot all the bolts, glide away from the APC (thus failing the mission), head to the Rotterdam Tower, and parachute onto the helipad. The Annihilator will still be there (either that or the method Cryptreaper posted earlier). That's what most of this topic has been about.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ May 16 2010, 20:15)
It is obtainable. Doing that mission causes it to spawn constantly on that helipad until you re-load the game. You can shoot all the bolts, glide away from the APC (thus failing the mission), head to the Rotterdam Tower, and parachute onto the helipad. The Annihilator will still be there (either that or the method Cryptreaper posted earlier). That's what most of this topic has been about.

Thank you.

Also, you can do this easier method to get the Annihilator.

Once you get in the Swift, fly to the Lower Easton LCPD station helipad.

- Get inside the Annihilator
- Fly straight to Heli Tours as soon as possible
- Stop and land as soon as possible

Once you're teleported back to Heli Tours, the Annihilator should be waiting in front of you as if you just exited it.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:31 AM Edited by mincemate003, 17 May 2010 - 01:33 AM.

Oh yeah, forgot that one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users