1960’s Calafornia.

Character:

Name:

Winston James?

Description:

5’10.
Moptop Haircut.
Skinny.
Brown Eyes but always hidden by his Lennon-Esque shades.

Style:
Army Parkas.
Ralph Lauren Style - Leather Jackets.
Ben Sherman Style - Polo/Shirts, Knitwear & Accesories.
Lacoste Style - Shirts, Knitwear, Jeans & Tracksuits.
Fred Perry Style - Shoes, Trainers/Tennis Shoes, Polo/Shirts, Jeans & Tracksuits.
Henri Lloyd Style - Shoes, Trainers, Shirts & Accesories.
Original Adidas Style – Trainers, Polos, Tracksuits & Accesories.

(I realise that they probably couldnt get the right to use these labels)

Back Story:
Cambridge student, kicked out of school for possession of Marijuana & Speed. Goes on a drug fuelled road trip across america with freinds, ends up oweing a Mob boss his life after he saves him from the Triads during a gang war, so works off his debt.

Gangs & Their Weapons & Vehicles:

Bikers/Rockers:
Weapons: Mainly melee weapons & some small guns.
Vehicles: Harley Davidson type Bikes & Muscle Cars.

Mods/Scooterists:
Vehicles: Vespa & Lambretta type scooters.

Skinheads:
Vehicles: Any type of Beater car.

Teddy Boys/Trendys:
Vehicles: Any?

Jazzys:
Weapons: Mainly small guns & some melee weapons.
Vehicles: Limousines & Luxury.

Mafia:
Weapons: All guns & Melee weapons.
Vehicles: Limousines, Luxury & Sports cars.

Irish-American Mafia:

Triads:

Weapons:

Melee:

Baseball Bats.
Chains.
Metal Pipes.
Army Knives.
Kitchen Knives.
Police Truncheons.

Small Weapons:

Colt 45.
Luger Pistol.
Berretta 9mm Pistol.
Desert Eagle .50 Pistol.
.44 Magnum Pistol.
Smith & Wesson Wheel Gun.
Sawn Off Shotgun.

Medium Weapons:
M14 Carbine.
Type 100 SMG.
Thompson SMG (Tommy Gun).
Pump Action Shotgun.
Double Barreled Shotgun.
MP40 SMG.
Springfield Scoped Rifle.

Heavy Weapons:
BAR MG.
MG42.
Panzershreck RPG.
Browning .50mm.

Thrown:
Molotov Cocktail.
Frag Grenade.
Dynamite.

Vehicles:

Cars:

VW Beetle.
Mini Cooper.
VW Camper.
AC Cobra 289.
Alfa Romero GT.
Aston Martin DB4 Zagato.
Aston Martin DB6.
Austin A40 Mk2.
Austin A60 Cambridge.
Austin Healey 3000.
Austin Healey Sprite.
Chevy Corvette.
Daimler V8 250.
Ferrari 330 V12.
Fiat Multipla.
Ford Anglia Estate.
Ford Consul Classic.
Ford Corsair. (Police version & Original.)
Ford Cortina Mk1. (GT & Original.)
Ford Cortina Mk2 Crayford Convertible.
Ford GT70.
Ford Thunderbird.
Ginnetta Sportscar.
Gordon Keeble GT.
Humber Sceptre.
Jaguar 420.
Jaguar E-Type (Race & Original.)
Jaguar Mk2.
Jensen 541.
Jensen FF 4WD.
Lamborghini Miura.
Lancia Fulvia.
Lotus Elan.
Lotus Elite.
Marcos Mantula.
Mercedes Benz 220SE.
MG MGC.
MG Midget Mk1.
Milano Sports Car.
Morris 100 Tourer.
Morris 1100.
Porsche 911S.
Reliant Sabre 6.
Reliant Scimitar.
Renault Alpine.
Riley Elf.
Rover P5.
Sunbeam Rapier Fastback.
Triumph TR6.
Triuph Spitfire Mk3.
TVR Griffith.
Volvo P1800S.

(I know that they wont be called these names in-game.)

Music:

The Who.
The Beatles.
Jimi Hendrix.
The Monkees.
Paul Revere and The Raiders.
The Kinks.
The Doors.
Bob Dylan.
The Beach Boys.
The Supremes.
Dusty Springfield.
Lulu.
Nina Simone.
Dorris Day.
The Bee Gees.
Roy Orbison.
Cliff Richard.
The Yardbirds.
Ray Charles.
Elvis Presley.

Please remember theses are just suggestions, I'm not saying that everything I have mentioned should be in the game... If you can think of anything I’ve forgot to mention please let me know...
I’m open to any ideas or questions you have... tounge.gif
Keiran aka KTF..

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

I like the concept and setting.
I must say that Cliff Richard is the last thing that I want to be listening to whilst playing GTA biggrin.gif

KTF
  • KTF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ May 9 2010, 23:00)
I like the concept and setting.
I must say that Cliff Richard is the last thing that I want to be listening to whilst playing GTA biggrin.gif

I know I was just thinking of anyone from the 60's really all off the top of my head, pretty good for a 16yr old dont you think? xD

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

When you complete a mission, will Cliff Richard's Congatulations play?
Its a better music list than I can come up with for the sixties, its not really the era of music I'm into.
But as I was saying, nice concept icon14.gif

KTF
  • KTF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ May 9 2010, 23:25)
When you complete a mission, will Cliff Richard's Congatulations play?
Its a better music list than I can come up with for the sixties, its not really the era of music I'm into.
But as I was saying, nice concept icon14.gif

Yeah it could do! biggrin.gif I just know music in general smile.gif And thanks icon14.gif

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

This could be cool as f*ck . a Hunter s thompson inspired gta would be cool . GTA:fear and loathing. maurauding Bikers, psychotic hippys, the acid tests, the merry pranksters, the birth of modern drug culture, psychedelia,the death of flower power................ this would make an amazing game

KTF
  • KTF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (vincentmillidge @ May 10 2010, 16:36)
This could be cool as f*ck . a Hunter s thompson inspired gta would be cool . GTA:fear and loathing. maurauding Bikers, psychotic hippys, the acid tests, the merry pranksters, the birth of modern drug culture, psychedelia,the death of flower power................ this would make an amazing game

That would be awesome! Write a Story for it! biggrin.gif

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

I think the 60's definatley need to be done, it could have a great soundtrack.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Splendid Idea.

I found the 60's was indeed the greatest 20th century era.

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

Definitely not the 60s!!! I can barely tolerate the 80s while playing VC (old 80s music is not my scene). Imagine driving around listening to some old crap on the radio only my gramps would appreciate is defo not fun! Let's just stick to the present era, OK?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ May 15 2010, 01:15)
Definitely not the 60s!!! I can barely tolerate the 80s while playing VC (old 80s music is not my scene). Imagine driving around listening to some old crap on the radio only my gramps would appreciate is defo not fun! Let's just stick to the present era, OK?

Gotta agree with this guy. The 60's is way to far back for me. I could tolerate the 80's, but the 60's is alot different. I would much rather preseent day.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 15 2010, 06:44)
QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ May 15 2010, 01:15)

Gotta agree with this guy. The 60's is way to far back for me. I could tolerate the 80's, but the 60's is alot different. I would much rather preseent day.

And what about us people that grew up with GTA? Some of us actually prefer a non-contemporary game, thank you very much.

As it stands, only the first game in a GTA era is ever set in the present or future. Thus, if you want the next game to be present, you better hope they have ended the IV era. But then again, you are likely to get NYC again if they do that.

Ontopic:

60's GTA has been done. Yes I realize that was in the top-down eras and that most people that play GTA seem to only count GTA3 and on as "real" GTA. But the facts are the facts. (And if you want GTA London 1969 in 3D, play The Italian Job. It's a Rockstar Games' game set in London and Italy in 1969 based on the original movie of the same name. It actually gives a good feel of what driving London 1969 would be like if it were 3D.)

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:16 PM Edited by AKIRA-SAN, 15 May 2010 - 02:16 PM.

What relevance does the 60s have for gamers like us, whom the majority are born in the 80s and 90s (and even the noughties!)? It is a totally different time period for us. We don't understand its music, its issues or even its culture. As far as us concerned, the 60s is ancient history.

Surely R* did a 60s GTA back in the PS1 days, but GTA has not become the phenomenon as it become today, so they can afford to experiment a bit. But nowadays R* doing a 60s GTA would be commercial suicide. It may work with a different game but not with GTA.

Andreas915
  • Andreas915

i say things

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

I enjoy 60s more than all of you put together (hello, Mad Men, anyone?) and, hand on heart, I would most definitely play this game. I am unsure, however, that this game would be commercially viable for them to make it. Mafia was very popular, but it had... well the mafia aspect to it, which attracted people.

If a game set in 60s had an interesting plot, which could sell, then this game would be possible. Although I am doubtful that Rockstar would do it. There are more possibilities in a game set in the 21st century (cell phones, internet) and I don't think they want to take these options away from the players. In addition they have L.A. Noire in the fire (set NOT in the present time) and Mafia II is looking to be too good of a competitor for a back-in-time-GTA. Therefore, I don't think they are going so far back in time. They may want to do something totally different. Maybe they will find their niche... again. No one expected that the sequel to GTAIII would be set in the 80s. Maybe we will have something to look forward to. On the other hand maybe 60s are in style now. Maybe they would go so far back in time...

I can say for myself that I like "olden times". Somehow it makes a game interesting. But that is just me.

KTF
  • KTF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

Saying that the music from the 60's is rubbish, just proves that you obviously know absolutely nothing music. I'm only 16 myself but I understand the music, issues and it's culture. tounge.gif

What do we have in the present that would make as interesting as a game from the 60's? tounge.gif

I never said it would be in Britain, did I? confused.gif

Come on then, give me you're abuse... Keiran..

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:59 AM Edited by AKIRA-SAN, 16 May 2010 - 03:16 AM.

QUOTE (KTF @ May 16 2010, 02:08)
Saying that the music from the 60's is rubbish, just proves that you obviously know absolutely nothing music. I'm only 16 myself but I understand the music, issues and it's culture.  tounge.gif

What do we have in the present that would make as interesting as a game from the 60's?  tounge.gif

I never said it would be in Britain, did I?  confused.gif

I just don't understand the whole appeal of 60s music. f*ck, they don't even have rap back then and their so-called rock then is gay. The present is way better!

bigg z
  • bigg z

Things will be different...

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

I would hate playing in the 60's. The game would either have to include segregation or not have any minorities, which would be terrible. The vehicles aren't as good, the music is much more limited, no modern technology, and I wouldn't be able to tolerate a game with whole communities full of The Truths. I'm not adverse to playing in the past, but you can't go too far back in time.

Tyler
  • Tyler

• Unknown

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ May 16 2010, 02:59)
Saying that the music from the 60's is rubbish, just proves that you obviously know absolutely nothing music. I'm only 16 myself but I understand the music, issues and it's culture.  tounge.gif

What do we have in the present that would make as interesting as a game from the 60's?  tounge.gif

I just don't understand the whole appeal of 60s music. f*ck, they don't even have rap back then and their so-called rock then is gay. The present is way better!

Please don't do that. Your only saying it sucks to him so he'll fight back. So don't.

But uh, I believe Andreas915 made a very interesting point. But, what if they instead made more buildings open, dynamic car and gun play (Pistol Whipping and Holding onto cars). Also they could give you a notepad which holds contacts number's and you could find a nearby Telephone Booth or home phone to use.

I do believe it could be a success, but People like Kwandillibro and Akira San, who's intellect is probably a near-poster child of average children today, would make the whole thing a taboo in game sales.

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (bigg z @ May 16 2010, 05:15)
I would hate playing in the 60's. The game would either have to include segregation or not have any minorities, which would be terrible. The vehicles aren't as good, the music is much more limited, no modern technology, and I wouldn't be able to tolerate a game with whole communities full of The Truths. I'm not adverse to playing in the past, but you can't go too far back in time.

Totally agree!!

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ May 16 2010, 02:59)

Most rap is bad any day of the week, and rock was at it's finest from the 50s to the late 70s. And it was during the 60s when R&B and Soul was born.

Most music now is just sellout or teeny-bopper junk.

I bet even the youngest or the most naive of you like at least one song from the 60s that you didn't even know was from then. Check it out. http://en.wikipedia..../1960s_in_music

Tyler
  • Tyler

• Unknown

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

Now now, let's not make this a 'rap totally suck nuts' thing now. Leave your Cosmetic Opinions at the door.

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:39 AM Edited by AKIRA-SAN, 16 May 2010 - 07:41 AM.

QUOTE (jnzooger @ May 16 2010, 06:59)
Most rap is bad any day of the week, and rock was at it's finest from the 50s to the late 70s. And it was during the 60s when R&B and Soul was born.

I bet even the youngest or the most naive of you like at least one song from the 60s that you didn't even know was from then. Check it out. http://en.wikipedia..../1960s_in_music

Don't you know the Housers like rap music? Don't you know that nearly every GTA has a rap radio station, including VC? Rap music have been the most intricate part of the GTA game, and basing it on the 60s would take that away, alienate most of GTA fans and would be a brain explosion on R*'s part. BTW you are a dick and a nostalgic fool.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

f*ck me, I was born in 85... I love all types of music hip-hop, rock, oldies, everything. Some people need to get a bit more educated when it comes to music, The Mamas & Papas - California Dreamin' and The Animals - House of the Rising Sun (youtube 'em)... There's plenty of classics out there but I'm not so jaded that I only listen to contemporary stuff like Kid Cudi or Lady Gaga. Anyone born in the 90's are spoiled brats, period.

Tyler
  • Tyler

• Unknown

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (PHARKIN CHERKOV @ May 16 2010, 07:50)
f*ck me, I was born in 85... I love all types of music hip-hop, rock, oldies, everything. Some people need to get a bit more educated when it comes to music, The Mamas & Papas - California Dreamin' and The Animals - House of the Rising Sun (youtube 'em)... There's plenty of classics out there but I'm not so jaded that I only listen to contemporary stuff like Kid Cudi or Lady Gaga. Anyone born in the 90's are spoiled brats, period.

You said a mouthful brother.

Music is music. Plain an' simple. We don't need fighting about which beats are better, Because that's all it is.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:58 AM Edited by jnzooger, 16 May 2010 - 08:13 AM.

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ May 16 2010, 07:03)
Now now, let's not make this a 'rap totally suck nuts' thing now. Leave your Cosmetic Opinions at the door.

That wasn't what I was getting at. There is some non-"gangsta rap" that I've liked, and a good lyricist can really drive a song. Great example of a modern rapper that is absolutely amazing is DeStorm. (That guy really has his head on right.) And when combined with the right melody, some songs just flow. (Think Stan, by Eminem.)

QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ May 16 2010, 07:39)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ May 16 2010, 06:59)

Don't you know the Housers like rap music? Don't you know that nearly every GTA has a rap radio station, including VC? Rap music have been the most intricate part of the GTA game, and basing it on the 60s would take that away, alienate most of GTA fans and would be a brain explosion on R*'s part. BTW you are a dick and a nostalgic fool.

Didn't you know that every GTA has a Rock and a Pop music station? It's called diversity. Rockstar knows this, and embraces it. I could easily go through and make 10 unique and period based stations including Rock, Rap, Pop, R&B, Classical, Country, British Invasion, Jazz, Alternative, and Talk, set in the 60s, that most true GTA fans would listen to and love.

The Housers don't force their own likes and dislikes into their games. They are true visionaries. The way they do it is, if it fits - it's in, if not - oh well.

The music is important to GTA, yes, but the only game where it was a real part of the story was San Andreas. III was more the Italian music, VC was the 80s pop music, IV was the Russian/Slavic music.

BTW, your insults need to quit, cause this isn't something personal. I primarily listen to 90s Country. I have no stake what-so-ever in most of the GTA music. Even SA's Country station was classic country even though the game was set in the 90s. However, I do know the history of music, I know the way Lazlow picks GTA music, and I'm not stuck in a singular mindset that doesn't let me think outside the box.

GTA, so far, (if you exclude the first 4 games) is 80s-Present with every game set in one of 3 cities. Thus, narrow minded thinking would say it has to stay that.

But if you include the games that actually started the series, the 60s have been done, Europe has been done, the future has been done. In other words, GTA is NOT just LC, VC, SA, and it is NOT just 1980s and beyond.

And it is most definitely NOT a game based on Rap culture.

Couldn't agree more. I was also born in 1985, so I know where you are coming from. When we were kids, we got music education from parents that went though the 60s, 70s and 80s music. Most 90s kids get stuck in the mindset of old is bad, and thus anything before 1995 should just drop off the face of the Earth. But then, you have the others that think anything after 1995 should disappear. dozingoff.gif Can't win for losing with immature people. I hate to see what happens with their children's generation.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ May 16 2010, 07:58)

Couldn't agree more. I was also born in 1985, so I know where you are coming from. When we were kids, we got music education from parents that went though the 60s, 70s and 80s music. Most 90s kids get stuck in the mindset of old is bad, and thus anything before 1995 should just drop off the face of the Earth. But then, you have the others that think anything after 1995 should disappear. dozingoff.gif Can't win for losing with immature people. I hate to see what happens with their children's generation.

Not me, i'm 14 ('96) and i hate mainstream music now, Lil wayne, Justin bieber, Jay sean etc.

I'm a huge fan of 60's music, in fact its probably my favourite era of music, and while i am a huge rap fan i still couldnt care less if rap isnt in the game, the 60's are perfect:
Vietnam war, end of segregation, psychadelic drugs, black panthers etc., obviously the best choice of location would be San Fierro.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

@brownbear

You're still immature though when it comes to music, you're 14, that's fine but sh*t I don't just dismiss all mainstream music as crap. I like alot of mainstream stuff, Kid Cudi, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Bloc Party some might not like it but it's good party music but I also love alot of other stuff that's not so mainstream at all but contemporary music (mostly hip hop) like MF Grimm, Necro, Immortal Technique and Chino XL. So, don't dismiss all mainstream music as crap by doing that you're only as better as people who say "All old music is sh*t". I believe the 10's are going through a period of recreating a new age 80's sound but that appeals to more of us 80's babies who missed out on all the good stuff. But, yes there is mainstream sh*t like Soulja Boy and all those bubble-gum rappers and acts that an educated music mind can look past and search, discovering the good stuff.

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

No matter what, the 60s are not my scene and I think 60s rock are really gay compare to the modern version. I am not a hardcore rap fan but GTA with no rap station feels weird.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (PHARKIN CHERKOV @ May 16 2010, 09:47)
@brownbear

You're still immature though when it comes to music, you're 14, that's fine but sh*t I don't just dismiss all mainstream music as crap. I like alot of mainstream stuff, Kid Cudi, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Bloc Party some might not like it but it's good party music but I also love alot of other stuff that's not so mainstream at all but contemporary music (mostly hip hop) like MF Grimm, Necro, Immortal Technique and Chino XL. So, don't dismiss all mainstream music as crap by doing that you're only as better as people who say "All old music is sh*t". I believe the 10's are going through a period of recreating a new age 80's sound but that appeals to more of us 80's babies who missed out on all the good stuff. But, yes there is mainstream sh*t like Soulja Boy and all those bubble-gum rappers and acts that an educated music mind can look past and search, discovering the good stuff.

Oh yeah, i am not trying to say that i hate all mainstream music, i hate the image behind mainstream music vand all these dime a dozen "rappers" like lil wayne.

I am not saying i don't like modern music either, i love some stuff but i think music has gone down with money taking over rather than a passion for singing.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ May 16 2010, 09:55)
No matter what, the 60s are not my scene and I think 60s rock are really gay compare to the modern version. I am not a hardcore rap fan but GTA with no rap station feels weird.

You've already lost your potential to influence anyone, respect and credibility by stating that a particular era of music is "gay". Two words, bro - grow up. Another two words - get taste. It'll be your best friend. You sound ignorant as sh*t, thank God, we have youtube this day and age... Maybe then, you can search up on some good 60's sh*t. The Beatles and Rolling Stones are a good starting point. sh*t, I can even get old school and recommend The Temptations, ole' Frank Sinatra and Aaron Neville. If you don't like any of that then you represent everything that's wrong with the mainstream modern day music scene (1990 >).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users