Photo

Better storyline,TBOGT or TLAD?

98 replies to this topic
1st gtaROCKER
  • 1st gtaROCKER

PROTOCOL 2 - Admin

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

Definitely TLAD. The story was brilliant. The ending was the best I've seen out of a GTA game.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jun 2 2011, 14:12)
TLAD hands down. Ok the story was predictable in some parts, but has anyone actually seen a biker movie, or TV series? (Sons Of Anarchy comes to mind). Typically biker theme stories aren't the most complicated, or throw twists to keep the viewer thinking. They're straight forward, and that's exactly how it was done in TLAD.

I just feel it blended in so much better with the tone of GTA IV's story. TBOGT felt like the odd one out, and IMO the features that were added to TBOGT  compensated for the shallow story line.

In the TLAD I actually cared about what was happening around Johnny. With TBOGT I didn't care what was happening around Luis as he was a douche that I felt no connection with.

Overall to me I think TLAD tied in with GTA IV so much better. TBOGT was fun when it came to the missions themselves. I just had no interest in the story itself.

TLAD's story>TBOGT's story.

sh*t, NO wonder why you got "Provocative Discussion Award"!
I completely agree with you!
Luis is just some douche who just liked to f*ck, nothing else, I always use to kill him in three leaf clover!
BoGT just makes not sense, every second everything changes, there is nothing that connects one mission with another mission (Accept "Blog This..." and "...Blog This")...

Jay Murdoch
  • Jay Murdoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

I prefered The Ballad of Gay Tony's storyline. Dunno why, it just caught ma attention more. A think it carried on from GTA IVs story alot more. cool.gif

lusence
  • lusence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (1st gtaROCKER @ Thursday, Jun 23 2011, 02:36)
Definitely TLAD. The story was brilliant. The ending was the best I've seen out of a GTA game.

i liked the ending in tbogt the best, that really cool club mix song blasts in when you jump out of the plane.tony and louis reminising, the poor f*cking bum ends up finding the diamonds, and dances around a new mansion at the end.... classic best ending in the GTA franchise by far.

so all in all i thought TBOGT to be the best of the DLC by far, but TLAD was the greatest until i played gay tony. so lost mc are still really cool, just didnt hold the same over the top finale feel that TBOGT had. the stories are actually pretty similar...

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

TLAD's storyline itself was better because it mostly revolved around The Lost and while the end of the storyline wasn't favorable for gameplay, it still was better than TBoGT. It was all over the place and you'd never know people like Luis and Tony would ever be involved with people like Bulgarin and the Russians.

LibertyLC
  • LibertyLC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

TLAD was better for me story wise and also gang wars is fun as hell drugs wars is gay

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

TBoGT, in my opinion TLaD and TBoGT had both a awesome story line, but TBoGT has more action then TLaD, thatīs why i prefer TLaD.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 9 2010, 15:31)
And I did not like the way that most of the missions were based around riding bikes with your gang.

I realize this is an old post, but why would anyone dislike the fact that TLAD had most missions involve riding bikes around with your brothers when that's the theme of the game? I mean that's like saying you don't like RDR because most missions require you to ride a horse.

Can I just say that riding/driving anything but a bike in TLAD feels weird other than maybe driving the Slamvan.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 05:06)
QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 9 2010, 15:31)
And I did not like the way that most of the missions were based around riding bikes with your gang.

I realize this is an old post, but why would anyone dislike the fact that TLAD had most missions involve riding bikes around with your brothers when that's the theme of the game? I mean that's like saying you don't like RDR because most missions require you to ride a horse.

Can I just say that riding/driving anything but a bike in TLAD feels weird other than maybe driving the Slamvan.

sadly i think riding the horse in RDR is stupid... lol... but i do LOVE RDR, it just takes to long to get to some places on the map when your in Mexico... but anywase... i also agree with the fact that it does feel wierd driving a car when there are no bikes around... (online)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users