Quantcast

» «
Photo

American students sent home for wearing...

270 replies to this topic
beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ May 6 2010, 22:39)
QUOTE (beavis @ May 7 2010, 00:37)
It's not even a real holiday. It's like Saint Patricks day, you just get f*cked up and it gives the cops a reason to step up their quota.

Here in Mexico is not as big of a deal as it is for Mexicans abroad. It's just a normal day where the president says some words and there's some sort of "commemoration" act. Only schools have the day off in that date.

True, which is ironic, but even here, it's not like you get the day off for it. At least not in this part of the country. Probably some other parts of the country do, especially in the southern western parts (I'm looking at you TETSUO! [/psuedo Japanese accent])

It's my brother's birthday on Cinco de Mayo. So I get f*cked up with him and all is dandy.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ May 7 2010, 14:56)
Were the students supposed to act like Mexicans on that day or something? Where does that holiday leave them? How are they supposed to act?

Submissive.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (beavis @ May 7 2010, 00:48)
True, which is ironic

A lot of stuff is ironic around here. tounge.gif

It's funny how many Mexicans are always talking sh*t about the country, yet they "proudly" wear the Mexican soccer jersey and paint their faces with the Mexican flag colors during soccer matches or other celebrations (here or abroad), but once its over, they put all that away until "next time" and they just continue dissing the country and everything that it represents.

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (ass reamer @ May 7 2010, 06:33)
The kids shouldn't have been forced to take the shirts/bandanas off.

With that said, these kids were most likely doing this to be pricks. What are the chances all four of them just happened showed up to school with the flag emblazoned on their clothes on the same day? If you want to stir up some sh*t in a largely Mexican school on Cinco De Mayo, outside of violence or verbal abuse, this seems like a pretty good way to do it.

Nail on the head man, getting made to take them off was stupid, but they are blatantly sh*t stirring xenophobes, so f*ck them.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:48 AM

I just cannot comprehend what the f*ck is happening to this planet, we seem to be bowing down to every f*cker just so we don't upset the sensitive bastards. Regardless of wether they were doing it to antagonise or not, they should be allowed to wear the hell they want, providing it isn't breaking any law or is extreme racist etc.

Just because it's a mexican holiday it doesn't mean that the rest of the USA has to follow suit and be careful what they wear for fear of upsetting someone, it's complete and utter bullsh*t.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

This sounds like what happens when gang bangers wear flags and such at school. At my high school, we weren't allowed to wear bandanas, or hang them out of our pocket, and they didn't want us wearing "inappropriate" t-shirts or jeans. This should've stopped before they were allowed into the school.

Stupid sh*t, kids got what they wanted.

Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

To be totally honest, although this story is pathetic, I really do not see why Americans have to constantly represent their country. It actually makes me laugh to see tons of American flags outside peoples houses whereever you go. Although it isn't a big deal to wear the American flag on your clothes, I f*cking guarantee those kids knew it was Mexican/American day whatever. But even if they didn't, why wear the flag anyway?

I'm not Prejudiced to America, it sickens me to see the odd English person wear bandannas with the English flag etc.

Oxidizer
  • Oxidizer

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:05 AM

Might've been more understandable if it was a swastika.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

When flag-wearing nationalist idiots meet oversensitive crybabies.

I hope for a lot more hurt, anger and insult from both sides - they are both as pathetic and ignorant as one another, both with nothing better to do with their time. I'd love to see protests by the flag wearer's supporters calling for "American Values", which will blatantly end up being kicking the Mexicans out, religion and bigotry - the very opposite to what the US was built on. Then I'd like to see more laughable antics by those idiots who are insulted by the flag of the very country they live and are part of - maybe they can go as far as claiming the town as part of Mexico or an independant state.

Even better for them to fight, it will highly amuse me.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'm not American but isn't that unconstitutional? I mean, if they wanna wear American colors they can wear them. And they can wear them amywhere not just in America. Why give a sh*t?

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

For the record I'm in favor of pretty much leaving the floodgates of the border open for all. That being said this is absolutely retarded, we need to stop compensating for potential sensitivity. Just because it's a Mexican holiday does not mean anybody is restricted to Mexican style clothing. I'm kind of at a loss for words otherwise.

Also at some point wearing the American flag was considered disrespectful to America.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

Everyone is wrong in the situation. This is just a perfect example of a small group of Americans getting their priorities mixed up, and the media playing on it beacuse of racial and cultural tensions.

I know plenty of Mexicans that fly a Mexican flag on the 4th of July. Beacuse they're Americans that are from Mexico, they identify with each other, but they also realize that they're a part of a larger group, so they celebrate both. If on Cinco de Mayo, they only want to celebrate being from Mexico, then what is the problem with that? We should allow them to celebrate that, and not think, "Oh, I've got to wear my American flag shirt to let them know I think America is better," because quite frankly that is a bit confrontational and lame. I mean, all these people came from one country, they can't have one day to celebrate that? Why not celebrate it with them?

However, faced with that kind of confrontation, a Mexican American should know they have a right to celebrate where they're from, but so does everyone else. Yeah, someone might just want to express their views that America is better than Mexico. Get the f*ck over it, man, that's what America is about. Being able to say what you want, when you f*cking want. You can celebrate Mexico all you want, but don't forget that you live in America and that you have that right too, so you should just take the high-road and celebrate what you want regardless of what they're doing and not worry about it; it's not as if those kids wearing the American flags on their shirts were somehow denying them from celebrating their Mexican heritage. Besides, making some half-assed attempt to keep them from exercising their right to celebrate is just as bad as them trying to do the same to you.

I'm not quite sure that anyone was trying to be incendiary though. I mean, I think I would say it's highly coincidental that people would wear American flag T-shirts and express their patriotism on such a day; however there are very many people who are patriotic like that all the time, and it very well could have just been a coincidence.

Even then, did any of the students go, "Hey, that's kind of offensive, why are you wearing American flag tshirts? Do you mind not?" No, the administration simply told the students to take them off or go home. Faced with that I would have simply gone home as well, but they had absolutely no right to give them that ultimatum even if the Mexican students had made a level-headed appeal and the others refused.

The only reason the administration made that decision was beacuse of bureaucratic PC bullsh*t. It's hilarious too beacuse it seems to have totally backfired on them; while they were worried about backlash from the Hispanic community if they didn't act on it, now they're getting backlash from everyone else for handling the situation so badly.

Not to take a shot at the Hispanic community at all, but it's kind of depressing that they would take such a stance in America instead of feeling as if they could embrace someone wearing an American tshirt since it gives me the feeling they feel segregated as Mexicans and not like they belong here. That being so, it probably was just some confrontational ploy on behalf of the other students, but that just makes the whole situations more bleak realizing there are still a lot of people that can't deal with a group of immigrants celebrating their relative nationality.

Just makes me want to say, "Can't we all just get along?"

Breaking Bohan
  • Breaking Bohan

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Don't have time to read all the posts, but it seems like an overreaction to prevent kids in a USA from wearing patriotic shirt. Strange.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ May 7 2010, 05:12)
So if on St. Patricks day, if I were a snake shirt, will I get yelled at? (if you don't get it, read on the history of St. patty's day)

You realise that St. Patrick had absolutely nothing to do with snakes, and all that he did was spread Christianity across this cesspit?

jules_winnfield
  • jules_winnfield

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

So, those kids wearing American flags on their clothing was somehow disrespectful/offensive?

So, if they were to go up there dressed like Pancho Villa down to the moustache, and danced around a f*cking sombrero, that wouldn't have been offensive/disrespectful?

This sh*t is overwhelmingly stupid. I live in the U.S, I'll wear a flag on my clothing, on the back window of my pickup, and a tattoo of it on my goddamn chest. I live in this country, I have all my life, and if someone is going to tell me to take that flag off in this country, I will spit in their face and tell them to go jerk their dick through their ass, if they even have a one. Doesn't matter what f*cking day it is, this is still the United states of America, and if they don't like it, Mexico is to the South, and Canada is to the North, pick one.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

this is more than lame, i wear what i want and nobody can change that

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

i think also the principal was smart in sending them home. sure its america and people have there rights to wear what the f*ck they want, whatever thats not important. but i guarantee you a fight would have started, and 5 white kids against maybe 200 angry mexicans, not a good situation. the last thing the school needs is to have some kids get beaten or killed by some other kids for wearing flags. thats what really happened. no rights bullsh*t, no this is america sh*t. just safety. thats what i realized.

Spinach
  • Spinach

Vegetable

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:37 PM Edited by Spinach, 07 May 2010 - 07:41 PM.

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 19:33)
i think also the principal was smart in sending them home. sure its america and people have there rights to wear what the f*ck they want, whatever thats not important. but i guarantee you a fight would have started, and 5 white kids against maybe 200 angry mexicans, not a good situation. the last thing the school needs is to have some kids get beaten or killed by some other kids for wearing flags. thats what really happened. no rights bullsh*t, no this is america sh*t. just safety. thats what i realized.

The kids wearing the clothes were Mexican. I don't get how people don't understand that.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:40 PM Edited by kevin2006rhs, 07 May 2010 - 07:44 PM.

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 15:33)

You are right to a point. Bit in doing so, the principle did nothing to stop the fact that the mexican students would have fought those students for simply wearing American paraphernalia...in America. Going on that logic, next time there is a housefire, I am going to redirect the fire department to, instead of just putting out the damn fire, pick up and move the neighboring houses, and let the housefire burn the house to the ground. IF you are going to handle the problem at hand, don't just dance around the subject, handle it. What he did was basically say "What you are doing is wrong, but we allow it...but just for today."

At this point, I am going to redirect everyone back to page 3, post 1 and let all of you who pulled the tl;dr card read over my statement once again.

BTW....I got about 6 boxes of toothpicks, some cement, and random length 2x4s. If anyone wants to help, I am building the proverbial mexico to canadia bridge. Who is with me?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Spinach @ May 7 2010, 15:37)

The kids wearing the clothes were Mexican. I don't get how people don't understand that.

that wouldnt stop jose the mentally retarded , 6 foot 5 kid from stomping them to death with some other mexican kids out of blind rage, now would it. in other words, like it or not, the school did the right thing. because you can state all the constitutional rights in the world, but once a fight starts, it getting ugly. those kids could have knives, guns, whatever. you dont even want to know. and no principals gonna jump in to save people. its best to just avoid it.

you know hitler was part jewish. that didnt stop him.

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:54 PM Edited by DEP, 07 May 2010 - 08:14 PM.

i thought this was America?

user posted image

Spinach
  • Spinach

Vegetable

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 19:54)

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 15:54)
QUOTE (Spinach @ May 7 2010, 15:37)

that wouldnt stop jose the mentally retarded , 6 foot 5 kid from stomping them to death with some other mexican kids out of blind rage, now would it. in other words, like it or not, the school did the right thing. because you can state all the constitutional rights in the world, but once a fight starts, it getting ugly. those kids could have knives, guns, whatever. you dont even want to know. and no principals gonna jump in to save people. its best to just avoid it.

Just wanted to fill you in...Jewish is a religion. I think you are mistaking Israelites.

Also...your opinion is retarded. You took the gasoline away from the fire without extinguishing the flames. The wrong would be the kids fighting based on other kids wearing something they don't agree with and "...those kids could have knives, guns, whatever...". They shouldn't have guns and knives on school property, to begin with, and you really shouldn't be fighting in school. I know most of us have fought in school, but not a racial war or a riot. Why not just take away the problem, rather than take away the instigation to the problem. If there is not problem, there would be not instigation.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:20 PM Edited by Kwandilibro, 07 May 2010 - 08:32 PM.

QUOTE (Spinach @ May 7 2010, 16:11)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 19:54)

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.

no your just stupid. hitler was jewish, yet he hated and killed millions of jews. but you said these kids were mexican, right? why would that stop other mexicans from beating them up or even killing them?

and for the rest of you guys, answer this.

would you rather your son be sent home and his rights violated because of a shirt with a flag? or cops and the coroner showing up at your door telling you that your son was beaten and stabbed to death because the principal was too lazy to try and prevent violence?

if you say number two, your just stupid, cuz no parent would say "oh well he got beaten/stabbed to death, but at least he died with his rights"

They shouldn't have guns and knives on school property, to begin with, and you really shouldn't be fighting in school.

so, thats going to stop them? that didnt stop the trench coat mafia at columbine. it didnt stop the crazy asian guy from killing 33 people at virginia tech, either.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 14:54)

Are you seriously this f*cking stupid? You're going to compare wearing a f*cking patriotic t-shirt to killing six million people over a religion?

I'm starting to think you're just trying to piss us off.

Edit: Dear God, do you really believe they would stab them BECAUSE OF A GOD DAMNED ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

Holy sh*t.

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

Are you seriously this f*cking stupid? You're going to compare wearing a f*cking patriotic t-shirt to killing six million people over a religion?

yes.... yes he is

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

Kwandilibro, read this out loud.

I am...

Sofa king...

We...

Tall...

Did.

Now say it faster.

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

The amount of stupid from this topic hurts my head.
Sending kids home for wearing a symbol is just plain idiotic.
I don't care if it's a mexican holiday, spanish holiday, jewish holiday, african holiday, or japanese holiday.
They had every right to wear those shirts and should not be punished.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ May 7 2010, 16:45)
Kwandilibro, read this out loud.

I am...

Sofa king...

We...

Tall...

Did.

Now say it faster.

silly white boys. you so stupid, you can barely read. i feel bad for you guys... illiterate nerds, thats disgusting

DEP its the concept, and maybe you should read what i wrote first before talking sh*t. spinach said they were mexican too. so they wouldnt get offended or do anything. but i told him that hitler was jewish, yet he killed millions of jews out of hatred.

Edit: Dear God, do you really believe they would stab them BECAUSE OF A GOD DAMNED ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

go look up the bloods and crips and repeat that statement

They shouldn't have guns and knives on school property, to begin with, and you really shouldn't be fighting in school. I know most of us have fought in school, but not a racial war or a riot.

mexican schools are different. lots of schools are different. kids carry guns and knives like its nothing. and i go to the whitest school ever, even they fight alot. the schools have no idea

and something might not cause a whole school to go off, but some people get offended real quick.

anyone else who wants to actually think about my post before talking more sh*t than a toilet, feel free to actually discuss the topic rather than spam like, "u sofa king we tall did" thats a three year olds joke

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:50 PM Edited by Algonquin Bridge, 07 May 2010 - 11:52 PM.

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 23:24)
but i told him that hitler was jewish, yet he killed millions of jews out of hatred.

...Except that Hitler wasn't Jewish. The speculation about whether or not he's Jewish comes from the rumour that his grandfather was Jewish...except that Hitler's father, Alois, was registered as an illegitimate child with no father; although there is a chance that Alois' mother was impregnated by a Jew...but there's no substantial evidence to prove that Hitler was jewish.

Apologies for the off-topic reply. It's just that when someone invokes Godwin's Law...it's asking to be scrutinized.

As for this whole fiasco...overreaction by both sides. I don't feel it was necessary to send the kids home; the Stars n' Stripes aren't exactly burning crosses or racial threats, and I think people should just chill over the issue. Unless this starts propping up in every school in the US, which is highly unlikely to say the least.

Also;

illiterate nerds

>you so stupid
>Improper capitalization of words

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users