Quantcast

» «
Photo

American students sent home for wearing...

270 replies to this topic
DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:29 AM Edited by DexX, 08 May 2010 - 07:52 PM.

Updated 2:50 PM PDT, Thu, May 6, 2010

Print Share Buzz up!
952retweetTOP1K
1,081diggsdigg FACEBOOK

On any other day at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Daniel Galli and his four friends would not even be noticed for wearing T-shirts with the American flag. But Cinco de Mayo is not any typical day especially on a campus with a large Mexican American student population.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," Dominic Maciel, Galli's friend, said.

The boys really had no choice, and went home to avoid suspension. They say they're angry they were not allowed to express their American pride. Their parents are just as upset, calling what happened to their children, "total nonsense."

"I think it's absolutely ridiculous," Julie Fagerstrom, Maciel's mom, said. "All they were doing was displaying their patriotic nature. They're expressing their individuality."

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

As for an apology, the boys and their families say, 'fat chance.'

"I'm not going to apologize. I did nothing wrong," Galli said. "I went along with my normal day. I might have worn an American flag, but I'm an American and I'm proud to be an American."

The five boys and their families met with a Morgan Hill Unified School District official Wednesday night. The district and the school do not see eye-to-eye on the incident and released the following statement:

The district does not concur with the Live Oak High School administration's interpretation of either board or district policy related to these actions.

The boys will not be suspended and were allowed to return to school Thursday. We spotted one of them when he got to campus -- and, yes, he was sporting an American flag T-shirt.

Source

I would comment, but i'm struggling to find the appropriate words. I mean, f*ck. This is beyond stupid.
But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

Perhaps they should double-check the country they live in. In America, American pride supercedes all others, any place, any time.

Ed;
QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ May 6 2010, 19:39)
OK...I understand both sides of the story now. Don't get me wrong, while I don't agree with the "You can't wear/display/wave the American Flag or any other patriotic paraphernalia because it is disrespectful to our Mexican heritage." side, I will give this one to the Mexicans under one condition. When the 4th of July rolls around and we are having our BBQs and shooting off our fireworks IN OUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY, Mexicans will not be allowed to illegally immigrate to our country for the rest of eternity.

While I am totally against the idea of illegal immigration I am for the freedom of people and the right of all to advance their lives in all physical, mental, and financial aspects. This leaves me at kind of a gray area. Because as of 2006, we are looking somewhere in the neighborhood of, according to the Pew Report as of 2006, about (or at least) 13 million illegal immigrants in the US. Of those, there are an estimated 6.8mil. illegal Mexican immigrants...9.8 if you count the rest of Latin America. The sad part of all of this is that of the immigrants to come into the US it is estimated that 80-85 percent of all immigrants from Mexico are illegal.

Now I know you are probably wondering where I am coming from on this one, so here it is. Basically, you barge into our house and sh*t on our living room carpet and get pissed at us when we get angry about it. Yes I know you are coming because the grass is greener on our side of the fence, be at least wipe your f*cking feet before you let yourself in. Its f*cking annoying. Because that is pretty much what you are doing when you come into our country illegally and demand that we honor the war victory holiday of the country you so willfully fled...and over the French of all countries.

Ya know what...f*ck it. I am gonna go down to Tijuana on the 4th of July, illegally and without my passport, light off fireworks, and BBQ some buffalo ribs, play "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen, and demand that all you oppressive Mexican f*ckers take down your flags and replace them with the good ol' red, white, and blue. That should make us even. And you damn well better do it or I am gonna stick around and work while avoiding taxes, safety laws, building codes, and do it all while dodging Johny Jose Law.

This.

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:31 AM

When Political bullsh*t meets Dumbasses that take it too seriously.

jules_winnfield
  • jules_winnfield

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

Reading that article made me furious.

Reading this of what took place the next day made me rage.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:58 AM

thats f*cked up they deserved it. out of all the days in the year, you pick cinco de mayo to wear american flag sh*t? come on, thats f*ckin ridiculous, and obviously some bitch ass kids trying to be funny. if they wanted to wear that sh*t, wear it may 6, nothing special that day. but why cinco de mayo? and in a mostly mexican school, really? f*ckin retards

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ May 6 2010, 17:31)

^This is a good way to put it.

I'm pretty unpatriotic myself, but unless these young men were being openly disrespectful of the Mexican holiday (such as being blatantly anti-Mexican, racist, etc...) wearing the American symbol should not cause any conflicts.

Let them wear the symbol, it's no issue. I just hope that NO stupid "big deal" is made where a bunch of mindless sheep start wearing the flag in protest... that, I would have a problem with --- purely because they wouldn't be thinking for themselves, they'd just be sheep. But an intelligent individual wanting to show their support for their country, on their own --- it should cause no problems whatsoever smile.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ May 6 2010, 21:00)

I'm pretty unpatriotic myself, but unless these young men were being openly disrespectful of the Mexican holiday (such as being blatantly anti-Mexican, racist, etc...) wearing the American symbol should not cause any conflicts.

Let them wear the symbol, it's no issue. I just hope that NO stupid "big deal" is made where a bunch of mindless sheep start wearing the flag in protest... that, I would have a problem with --- purely because they wouldn't be thinking for themselves, they'd just be sheep. But an intelligent individual wanting to show their support for their country, on their own --- it should cause no problems whatsoever smile.gif

its a f*ckin mexican holiday! theres 365 days in a year to be patriotic and you choose a day of mexican pride? what the f*ck!

I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT IT BEING AMERICA, THATS f*ckIN DISRESPECTFUL

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 20:58)
thats f*cked up they deserved it. out of all the days in the year, you pick cinco de mayo to wear american flag sh*t? come on, thats f*ckin ridiculous, and obviously some bitch ass kids trying to be funny. if they wanted to wear that sh*t, wear it may 6, nothing special that day. but why cinco de mayo? and in a mostly mexican school, really? f*ckin retards

Is this serious? Are you high?

Do you know what country in which this took place. The United States of America. It is a place where all religions, beliefs, and customs are allowed. The fact that AMERICAN customs weren't allowed is outrageous; I don't care what day it is. That's like telling someone who's Jewish to remove his yamaka (sp?) on Christmas because it "offends" Christians.

EDIT: Saw your new comment. Apparently freedom of speech, religion, etc don't matter to you. Am I correct? Because those boys didn't violate any laws.

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 01:02)

its a f*ckin mexican holiday! theres 365 days in a year to be patriotic and you choose a day of mexican pride? what the f*ck!

I'm going to have fun destroying you.

For one, you are right, it's a MEXICAN holiday, about winning a war against Spain, for mexicans. I'll give it to you this is a good thing, gaining independence and all that chaff, BUT, like YOU said it's a Mexican holiday.

Let me put this into words that your little brain will comprehend,

Is the fourth of July celebrated in Mexico? Oh, it isn't? Well why the f*ck is Cinco De Mayo celebrated in America?

Don't call me a racist either, because I'm simply stating fact, I am in no way saying that they shouldn't I am just asking why the f*ck they do.

icon14.gif monocle.gif

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 18:02)

hey man, calm down. Your post was added 2 minutes before mine. I hadn't read it until after mine was posted wink.gif

You make a good point. But really, we don't know who these people are. maybe this guy wore that T shirt or bandanna every Wednesday, regularly. Maybe he wasn't completely aware that day was a Mexican holiday... and it was just coincidence?

We don't know who they are, or if they had motives, or if it was just coincidence. So chill.

But if they were in fact, just purposely doing it as blatant disrespect of the Mexican holiday, as a retarded patriotic mockery, disrespecting Mexicans ---then yes Kwandilibro I'd have to agree with you.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 19:02)

Enjoy getting absolutely slated in this thread.

We shouldn't be allowed to wear American colors on any countries day of pride. We don't want to be disrespectful now, do we? Be sure to wear Canadian colors on July 1st, guys! It's Canada Day!

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ May 6 2010, 21:07)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 01:02)

I'm going to have fun destroying you.

For one, you are right, it's a MEXICAN holiday, about winning a war against Spain, for mexicans. I'll give it to you this is a good thing, gaining independence and all that chaff, BUT, like YOU said it's a Mexican holiday.

Let me put this into words that your little brain will comprehend,

Is the fourth of July celebrated in Mexico? Oh, it isn't? Well why the f*ck is Cinco De Mayo celebrated in America?

Don't call me a racist either, because I'm simply stating fact, I am in no way saying that they shouldn't I am just asking why the f*ck they do.

icon14.gif monocle.gif

cant you just except that theyr cocksuckers?

i mean damn mexicans cant have one damn day in america to feel proud without some f*ckin dick dissing them? what the f*ck? if you were mexican you would feel the same way.

obviously your a racist or else you would just get some damn respect. even if it aint a national holiday, just respect them. damn

Spinach
  • Spinach

Vegetable

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 00:58)

I'm sorry if I sound like an overly patriotic asshole but this
user posted image
isn't Mexico. I don't see any reason they can't wear an American flag on there clothes, in America, or anywhere else.

i mean damn mexicans cant have one damn day in america to feel proud without some f*ckin dick dissing them? what the f*ck? if you were mexican you would feel the same way.

obviously your a racist or else you would just get some damn respect. even if it aint a national holiday, just respect them. damn
Holy f*cking sh*t. That's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 21:11)

Wearing the American flag disses Mexicans? I thought our flag was a symbol of our pride and unity, not a sign saying "GO BACK TO MEXICO, STUPID WETBACKS!" That symbol is the Confederate Flag some rednecks have, not the American flag.

George Washington would roll over in his grave if he heard this. This is why I am hating the American people more and more.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

let me put it like this. why, on a day of mexican respect, must people say, "NO f*ck YOU DIRTY MEXICAN SPIC, SUCK A DICK AND GET TO MY LAWNWORK"? now they didnt directly say, it, but its common sense

if you want to be patriotic, cool. im fine with tha. but just some respect would really help

Spinach
  • Spinach

Vegetable

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 01:15)
let me put it like this. why, on a day of mexican respect, must people say, "NO f*ck YOU DIRTY MEXICAN SPIC, SUCK A DICK AND GET TO MY LAWNWORK"? now they didnt directly say, it, but its common sense

if you want to be patriotic, cool. im fine with tha. but just some respect would really help

No. Wearing an American flag doesn't disrespect Mexico. I have trouble seeing what you are getting at here.

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 21:15)

I don't understand your logic. You are the only person that I have ever known/read about that feels that the American flag is a symbol of negativity.

I don't care what anyone wants to celebrate. If people want to create their own holidays, I wouldn't care. The fact that Mexicans are mad that others were honoring their country inside of their own country is the problem.

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

Alrighty seems you want me to explain further...

What the f*ck do you mean there?

Listen you 15 year old f*ck, I'm Irish born and I have been harrased just as much as another Immigrant, you can shut that sh*t up right now....

Spanish heritage is portayed EVERYDAY in America, so one holiday like this is basiclly no different. Not saying that displaying heritage is bad, I'm just showing how stupid as f*ck your comment really is.

Obviously, Racism is belittling their race and making mine superior in people's minds, which I assure you, I am not doing.

You must be the stupidest f*cker in the tree to think that a kid who portrays his patriotism on the same day they do the SAME thing, as bad. In fact, I bet you think Just because it's a Holiday in their home country, you think we should have a parade in new york f*cking city? Well your not the first.

But it doesn't matter, your opinion while idiotic is your opinion, so I won't say it's wrong. I'll simply say it's incorrect.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 19:15)
but its common sense

its really not.

How does wearing an American flag shirt imply racism?

Lets say a Mexican wears a Mexican shirt in Mexico on 4th of July. Would you still care?

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:27 AM

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. So what if Mexicans wear the Mexican flag on the 4th of July, is it really a big deal? This is f*cking ridiculous... and Kwandilibro, wtf man. You trollin', bro.

edit: ^^beat me to it!! hah

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:29 AM

as a hispanic person myself, i can understand them. obviously, alot of white people dont think it means anything, because theyr not mexican. but to them that is seen as blatantly disrespectful. mexicans get real sensitive about that sometimes.

Lets say a Mexican wears a Mexican shirt in Mexico on 4th of July. Would you still care?

4th of july aint about independence no more, so who would give a sh*t. 4th of july is mostly barbacuing now.
most of you people have yet to see the main problem here

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red]its a long year. theres alot of days that arent a day of mexican respect. so why on the one day of mexican respect, do you find it necessary to wear american patriotic shirts? couldnt you have waited till may 6? couldnt you have worn it on may 4?[/COLOR=red][/SIZE=7]

now you can argue this however, but you know im right.

Spinach
  • Spinach

Vegetable

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 7 2010, 01:29)

4th of july aint about independence no more, so who would give a sh*t. 4th of july is mostly barbacuing now.

And Cinco De Mayo is nothing more than getting wasted now.

No, you're f*cking wrong.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

You're not right... it's a free country and people can and should be allowed to wear whatever they please. I still don't understand this. They're living IN the United States.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 19:29)
as a hispanic person myself, i can understand them. obviously, alot of white people dont think it means anything, because theyr not mexican. but to them that is seen as blatantly disrespectful. mexicans get real sensitive about that sometimes.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red]its a long year. theres alot of days that arent a day of mexican respect. so why on the one day of mexican respect, do you find it necessary to wear american patriotic shirts? couldnt you have waited till may 6? couldnt you have worn it on may 4?[/COLOR=red][/SIZE=7]

So, a Mexican day of pride should be thoroughly respected by Americans. Yet you say nobody gives a sh*t on an American day of pride

You sure we're the ones discriminating here?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (PetsOvernight @ May 6 2010, 21:31)
You're not right... it's a free country and people can and should be allowed to wear whatever they please. I still don't understand this. They're living IN the United States.

dude, its ONE day!!! not 2 days, not a week, not a month, not a year. ONE DAY. is it that hard to just hold off for one day

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

Just when Original thought he'd had enough, Kwan pulled his beaten pulp of a face up and took another swing...

You... are.... a stupid f*ck, I'm sorry if that offends you.

Besides this all, I remember you clearly saying in GTAV forums your black, but that's not the point, mr. turtle, the point is that you didn't read any post above with any reguard of thinking with any amount of logic, and that's why you are now getting accused of trolling, because, you are very stupidly trolling.

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 20:29)

First off, I think it was 2 of the kids (don't remember the number) were Mexican themselves.

Second, the 4th of July is still about a hell of a lot more than "barbaque". Go down to Alabama and see how they feel about that comment. wink.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ May 6 2010, 21:35)

[COLOR=red]its a long year. theres alot of days that arent a day of mexican respect. so why on the one day of mexican respect, do you find it necessary to wear american patriotic shirts? couldnt you have waited till may 6? couldnt you have worn it on may 4?[/COLOR=red][/SIZE=7]

[SIZE=14]Just when Original thought he'd had enough, Kwan pulled his beaten pulp of a face up and took another swing...

You... are.... a stupid f*ck, I'm sorry if that offends you.

Besides this all, I remember you clearly saying in GTAV forums your black, but that's not the point, mr. turtle, the point is that you didn't read any post above with any reguard of thinking with any amount of logic, and that's why you are now getting accused of trolling, because, you are very stupidly trolling.

black and puerto rican kid. and dont say your beating me down, all your doing is punching a concrete sidewalk while you hallucinate, thinking its those mexicans you so disrespect.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ May 6 2010, 17:15)

Um, no, no it's not. There is no connection between wearing a shirt with an American flag on it, even on a Mexican holiday, and what you said. It just doesn't exist. They could have been wearing complete Uncle Sam outfits and growing tobacco and it wouldn't have been disrespectful.

couldnt you have waited till may 6? couldnt you have worn it on may 4?

How about they can be patriotic any day of the year they want, because they're IN AMERICA? There is no way to make this simpler. Americans are allowed to be patriotic, ie, wearing clothes with an American flag on them, IN America, 24/7/365. If you think it's disrespectful to your people, TFB.

Spinach
  • Spinach

Vegetable

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

These kids were Mexican in the first place. I don't see how they were trying to be offensive.

Besides, if they were trying to be offensive, they would have worn a shirt saying Viva La France.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

I don't know who's winning this... we have Kwandilibro on one side stacking up the evidence, and on the other side we have GTAForums.

IT'S GOING TO BE A CLOSE ONE FOLKS. cry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users