» «
Photo

Frasier

19 replies to this topic
Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.™

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:03 AM Edited by Playstation_Loyalist, 05 May 2010 - 07:05 AM.

user posted image

Frasier is an American sitcom that was broadcast on NBC for eleven seasons, from September 16, 1993 to May 13, 2004. The program was created and produced by David Angell, Peter Casey, and David Lee (as Grub Street Productions) in association with Grammnet and Paramount Television.

A spin-off from Cheers, Frasier stars Kelsey Grammer as psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane. David Hyde Pierce, John Mahoney, Jane Leeves, Peri Gilpin, Dan Butler and Moose (a Jack Russell Terrier) rounded out the regular cast, all of whom remained with the series for its entire 11-year run.

user posted image

I watched this sitcom's re-run at a local cable station. It had great comedy, an awesome cast, and great concept. I even loved this more than Cheers (which has stopped it's re-runs in favor of Frasier here). It's so awesome.

So what do you guys think?

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

Pretty sure Moose wasn't a cast member for its entire run.

Anyway, I grew up watching Cheers, and didn't take to Frasier as much when it made its debut. I liked it, but will always feel a little negative towards it because it's a spin-off. If I were able to simply view the two shows with the mindset that they are separate, then I'd probably like it a lot more.
  • Tchuck likes this

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:45 PM Edited by Playstation_Loyalist, 08 May 2010 - 05:18 PM.

Yeah, I wished it was a separate show. But still the cast and dialogue delivery is so awesome.

Here is my favorite clip from Frasier...

Niles Crane: Hot and Foamy

Tyler
  • Tyler

fire season

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

I had season nine of Fraiser, it was an alright show.

I am with makeshyft on Cheer's though. I always loved Kelse G. on that show much more.

His hair was better there too.
  • Tchuck likes this

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Fraiser is awesome! It's my favourite sit-com ever. It's on every morning on C4 so I pretty much never miss it.

Cheat
  • Cheat

HiiiPower

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

I digg it biggrin.gif
Yes indeed it's a bit repetitive and old, but I still watch the last nights episode each morning!

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

I love Frasier's early years but I thought the quality drained away as it went on except for a few episodes. Some of my favourite episodes are from the early seasons such as 'The Matchmaker', 'The Seat of Power' and 'Daphne's Room'.

Just want to add that Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce are both fantastic in The Simpsons too...
  • confederatestatesgta likes this

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

Never really got into Cheers, it was before my time, but Frasier is repeated on TV here in the UK pretty much every day. I think it's pretty cool, how can anyone not love Kelsey Grammer?

user posted image

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

I love watching Frasier if its on. I get a few chuckles every episode usually at Frasier staring/yelling/be generally displeased at Niles doing or saying something about Daphne.

Ie: In 'Daphne's Room' (as mention by Pandazoot)

Frasier: "I better go and Apologize to Daphne."
Frasier walks to Daphne's room with Niles following.
Fraiser: "ALONE NILES!!!"

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

I always loved Frasier. This clip is probably one of the best sitcom moments ever.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

@ Otter: Definitely the best part of the sitcom. They did this just to prove their critics that they should have made this a radio show as they said "They are comical in words but not in moves"...

...and Niles pretty acts like Mr. Bean...biggrin.gif

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

That was actually one of the best parts of the show. They were able to take really simple ideas and then add layer upon layer to it, to the point it became ridiculously funny. The snow chalet episode comes to mind.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I found some bloopers here... smile.gif

Juicefani11
  • Juicefani11

NoMemberTitle

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

Now what happened? Don't you people like Frasier anymore? Here in Finland 11th season is on, and after that we start again...

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

I hate Frasier. From what I can remember it was all a bunch of back and forth, long winded, high paced banter between Niles and Frasier for the most part.

That said, the only reason I don't completely hate Kelsie is Side Show Bob.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia
  • GTAF Premier League Predictions League 2016/2017 [3rd Place]

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

It's kind of like M*A*S*H; it simply isn't for everyone. I, myself, love it, and it was the second sitcom I watched religiously as a child, after Seinfeld.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

Fraiser is great. Watch the repeats when I can.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

I wasn't a real fan of Frasier, sorry guys, i didn't think it was that funny, but i really do like the delivery of the lines, kelsey grammar did well throwing punch lines around.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Pico @ Nov 24 2010, 01:50)
I hate Frasier. From what I can remember it was all a bunch of back and forth, long winded, high paced banter between Niles and Frasier for the most part.

Yeah, not surprised you didn't like it, what with the complete lack of redneck cars and chicks with fake tits.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

sorry for bumping but i recently fell in love with this show. it is hilarious. one night i was bored and flipped on the tv and i saw the episode were niles and fraiser go to the beach house and see a dead seal. it was so funny how they panicked. when the party guests arrived it got even funnier with the chef getting upset and niles and fraiser couldent decide what to do with it and eventually the cops came because the neighbor thought they saw a murder. turns out it was fraiser desposing of the seal. fraiser and niles got arrested and from then i realised this show was awsome. and i also saw that netflix had all the seasons so now i am binge watching it. i have never laughed so hard at a show before this. because of this today i made my character look like fraiser. it is really cool. sorry again for bumping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users