Quantcast

» «
Photo

What happens if you swim to the end of the map?

16 replies to this topic
MrLuke96
  • MrLuke96

The Greatest

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'm just wondering, what happens if you swim (or go by boat, or helicopter) to the end of the map? Do you keep swimming endlessly or is there a cut-off point?

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

I'm pretty sure it's just endless.

HUGE GTA fan

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

I don't know about GTA IV, but in Vice City there is a limit and when you reach it it flips your helicopter or boat to the direction of the city; in San Andreas there is also a limit and when you reach it you stay in one place, but it looks like you're moving forward and then you have to swim all the way to the city. I think GTA IV is the same as San Andreas.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

gta 4 dosnt have any ending, if you used a trainer to teleport to the end, you can still contuinue flying, so there isnt any ending, but in free mode at a certain point ur heli will explode as they say ur too far from the city or whatever, but if you have god mode its fine.

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:16 PM Edited by P.C.M., 04 May 2010 - 09:18 PM.

I've gone very far but,never swam back (getting rid of Kate) I crashed the helicopter but,never tried to get out. tounge2.gif I think you drown if you try to swim all the way back. cry.gif

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:25 AM

Other answers to this question say you start to lose health after a certain time or distance of doing this, so there is a limit.

MrGtaman
  • MrGtaman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (4754619 @ May 4 2010, 11:34)
in San Andreas there is also a limit and when you reach it you stay in one place, but it looks like you're moving forward and then you have to swim all the way to the city.

I once tried to reach the limit by flying on a hydra straight forward for like an hour. It took me about the same amount of time to get back to LV.

GhostStorm
  • GhostStorm

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

This will happen when you get to the end....

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

It would be pretty cool if there was like, a little island far far out as an easter egg.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

I was so bored that I flew a chopper out to the edge of the map. After about 20 minutes of flying straight, I started to lose health (like when you swim for to long) and eventually died. So basically if you fly away for to long, prepare to die.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

im not sure cuz ive been usin trainer and god mode on the 2nd day i got the game, so LOL

Mo4pheus
  • Mo4pheus

[BBF] Baptized By Fire - FPS/RTS Clan

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

If you SWIM to the end of the map then you, my friend, have to much time on your hands!

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ May 5 2010, 06:51)
It would be pretty cool if there was like, a little island far far out as an easter egg.

Four little islands, each in a primary direction and beyond them is a pacman like run of the same body of water.

On the island you need a water mattress futon like place to sit down and a cooler full of refreshment near a few palm trees......or a save point as well availible upon 100% completion......

.............a save point at the edge of reality.

Or

...............a save point at the edge of the world.

Whichever you prefer.

Four of them for that matter would add to the entire ruse and the little score point for the critics.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

.... Or you could then buy fingerless gloves from Russian Shop, find Ratman in the subway and Lola on the streets

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Faledak @ May 11 2010, 12:29)
.... Or you could then buy fingerless gloves from Russian Shop, find Ratman in the subway and Lola on the streets

^^Hey, good ideas are a dime a dozen but the Myth and kinks in any system are part of the feel of any game.

A sad slip with the gloves gloves being available is kinda funny to me.

The Rat Man Myth isn't humorous at all......just like Big Foot in GTA SA.

The swimming to the end of the map turning to the idea of future games with party island retreats was for future Easter Eggs GTA incarnations.

psych0r3bel
  • psych0r3bel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Well, if you fly far enough in a jet, the engine goes out and, depending on how high you are (or aren't), you float peacefully down into the pacific ocean, left to swim back. Provided you can convince the sharks not to eat you.

I personally am thankful for the sharks. I did this in GTA IV and accidentally jumped out of the chopper I was in (was testing the edge limits, never got there I think). Happened about 6 real life minutes of non stop, top speed flight with the chopper in one direction. I started counting after I left the coast, too. Gave up after 15 minutes of swimming and reloaded a save that turned out to be from 2 missions and a bunch of side-quests prior. :( I learned the meaning of autosave that day.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

i think it's endless in IV . but V seems to have limits as your boat sinks when you reach the limits (according to some internet vids) . i hope this is console crap and PC version will give us the endless sea back cause it's very cool

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users