• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

wow

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by Carmain2K, 01 December 2013 - 12:28 PM.

1280px-Mother_of_God_Meme_Cuanto_Cabr%C3

That is Brilliant, Libertyking. You should work for Rockstar!

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by Libertyking, 01 December 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Thanks a lot! I said I needed a break, but I didn't take it. I'm currently doing New Alderney (Was called Alderney in IV) and tunnels line up perfectly. The map will have New Jersey until Newark at west, until Englewood at north, and until Elizabeth at south. If you wanna know where these cities are, look at a map.

I realized I've made Broadway perfectly on my map: Starting out in Lower Algonquin, near the park (Bowling Green irl), after that beside City Hall, later passing beside Westminster Triangle Park (Madison Square Park), crossing Star Junction and Vespucci Circus (Columbus Circle), going north, then merging with an avenue, going north again until Northwood and then over the Holland River (Harlem River) to Bohan on a bridge (Broadway Bridge in real life). The street is called Burlesque in GTA IV and on my map.

And again thanks!

Edit: Just wanted to show some test I made:

Y2UX1LO.png

Works pretty well. I think I'm going to angle the image when I'm done making the map.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Pakito
  • Pakito

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

ends mod?

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by XTREME0235, 05 December 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Been a while since I've visited this topic. Man how things change.

Just going through the pages turned me back in time, what a feeling.

Anyway, in light of this I thought I would return to the scene and develop a brand new map. I'm hoping to actually finish this one and put in hours upon hours of effort into. Getting very familiar with the pen tool has helped me tremendously in making the roads and other paths.

My brand new map is an extension of GTA V's Los Santos in which I add a re-imagined Las Venturas to the spectacle. I hope you look forward to its progress as much as I do!

Also I could use some help naming the areas. Much like Los Santos, they need to be named in accordance with the environment and feel of that particular area.

Feedback is ALWAYS welcome. :)

2pnqITA.jpg

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Xtreme: That looks great. I like how it looks like the GTA V map. If anyone is wondering where my map is, I have just got Paint.net. I am trying to familiarise myself with the controls but I should have a update out tomorrow.

I have also started creating my concept thread. To get to it, click on the link in my signature. Hope you like it.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's great to see this topic coming back, I used to post here a lot last year!

Anyway I have been updating my map and I might add more stuff to it as yet. The large island in the top corner is obviously in-complete but the others are pretty much.

BNmdI3l.png

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

ends mod?

I'm sorry, what do you mean?

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by Carmain2K, 07 December 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Las Venturas Map: Update 8

So, after a long wait, here is the next update for my map. It is not huge, but I am now using Paint.net so it should look more professional. The changelog is as follows:

• A new town 'Bernell'.
  • More roads.
  • A new font for the names.
  • Modifications to various areas to make them smoother.

It is not huge, but compare the roads I did to the new roads. They are a lot smoother and cleaner. Anyway, here is the map.

b3JJwig.png

The link to the unnamed map is here: http://i.imgur.com/P8KUQSl.png

Hope you like it. Next update should include a near-enough finished Diablo County and a start on Tierra Robada. I cant believe how much easier it is to make roads on Paint.net. Feedback is appreciated, and don't be afraid to be blunt. Thanks for reading.    

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by Libertyking, 08 December 2013 - 03:59 AM.

Your map is very good! It's starting to look more finished now. It was a good choice to start using Paint.NET.

As for my LC map, I don't think if I'll be updating or even working on it in the following weeks because I somehow lost the fun of doing it. I think it's because Manhattan is the only place in New York that I know very well. I don't have the same feeling while drawing New Jersey. If I work on my map, it'll be in Algonquin and I won't draw the other boroughs until I actually want to do it.

And for my San Andreas map, because I've got many skills by doing the Liberty City map, the map has got under my level, so I would need to start it all over again.

Edit: Added some words I forgot to write (They're in italic).

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by S13, 07 December 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Hi. I'm new in mapmaking. :3

This is my simple shape of Florida's parody map:

aO6sMRW.jpg

I forgot about road to place on the left side (parody of The Everglades).

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by Carmain2K, 07 December 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Your map is very good! It's starting to look more finished now. It was a good choice to start using Paint.NET.

As for my LC map, I don't think if I'll be updating or even working on it in the following weeks because I somehow lost the fun of doing it. I think it's because Manhattan is the only place in New York that I know very well. I don't have the same  If I work on my map, it'll be in Algonquin and I won't draw the other boroughs until I actually want to do it.

And for my San Andreas map, because I've got many skills by doing the Liberty City map, the map has got under my level, so I would need to start it all over again.

That's a shame. I was really liking your map. I can't wait to see your San Andreas map again though, that's what inspired me to create my map. After my LV map is done, I will take a break. After Christmas, I might start a map based off nowhere in particular, see where my imagination takes me.

S13: Looks like a good outline. Now needs detail... Lots of detail. :santa:  

Off Topic: I have updated my concept thread. To check it out, click the link in my sig. Thanks.

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

New progress...

25tuQJh.jpg

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Looking Cool, S13. This is going to be a good map, I can tell. 

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by XTREME0235, 07 December 2013 - 05:38 PM.

It's really great to see that this topic is coming back to life. I'm having so much fun getting back into this map making topic to see all the amazing creations people have envisioned and what not.

Not to mention the fun in itself of actually making a map.

Here is my latest update. Some kinks I have to work out regarding the roads (i.e the thickness of the mountain road on the far left). As well as have a good think about where I want the other little towns to be placed.

AGAIN, I'm always open for suggestions to names for certain areas. I can understand you can't really allocate a name to a town that hasn't been made yet, but anything is welcome.

With that said, here you go. Hope you like it.

OncYGk0.jpg

TheDarkSoviet
  • TheDarkSoviet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi, I'm TheDarkSoviet and this is my first post on this forum ;)

I follow this topic for at least 5 month and all the map here are just beautiful !

All those maps inspire me to do my own map based on Normandy (where I live, yes in France ! ^^) and on Brittany and I wanted to show you the beginning. It's probably not very good but I'm currently working on that

Here is my map : http://imgur.com/OradFhu

And sorry about my bad english, it's not my natal language.

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by Carmain2K, 07 December 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Looking nice DarkSoviet. Looks pretty good. Just one criticism. Make the outline of the map a bit more original. At the moment it looks a bit to much like northern France. But, for a first attempt, it looks great.

Xtreme: I have names for some of the areas on your map:

Southern area - Benson Flats or Woodworth Hills (Depending on the terrain)

Area just south of LV - Stakia Valley

Northern town - Morano

Very Northern coast - Morano Cliffs.

Hope you like them.

• XTREME0235 likes this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by Libertyking, 08 December 2013 - 01:40 AM.

As for my LC map, I don't think if I'll be updating or even working on it in the following weeks because I somehow lost the fun of doing it. I think it's because Manhattan is the only place in New York that I know very well. I don't have the same  If I work on my map, it'll be in Algonquin and I won't draw the other boroughs until I actually want to do it.

That's a shame. I was really liking your map. I can't wait to see your San Andreas map again though, that's what inspired me to create my map. After my LV map is done, I will take a break. After Christmas, I might start a map based off nowhere in particular, see where my imagination takes me.

Off Topic: I have updated my concept thread. To check it out, click the link in my sig. Thanks.

I see you misunderstood my post. I won't stop working on my maps, I'm just taking a break. In the mean time, I'm drawing useless things like a younger version of Michael, discovering skills I didn't know I had etc.

Off-topic: Will you use your map in your concept? (Might sound like a stupid question)

@XTREME0235: Awesome map!

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

I see you misunderstood my post. I won't stop working on my maps, I'm just taking a break. In the mean time, I'm drawing useless things like a younger version of Michael, discovering skills I didn't know I had etc.

Off-topic: Will you use your map in your concept? (Might sound like a stupid question)

@XTREME0235: Awesome map!

Yep, I am going to use it in the concept in my sig when its done.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by Libertyking, 08 December 2013 - 03:55 AM.

Ah screw that break. :lol:

Update 7:

fsJliHZ.png

Click here for the version without names/icons.

This update mostly consist of planning, but I also made Charge Island (Randall's/Ward's island).

I named some New Alderney (New Jersey) cities. I also started some roads, but I got tired of doing this so I started Bohan (Bronx) instead. Because Bohan in GTA IV only has some areas of southern Bronx, I'll have to invent a lot of names for Bohan on my map. BTW, Sygend Dood is a simplified version of dutch stijgende dood which means rising death, just like Spuyten Duyvil (It's real life counterpart, you may have heard of it as there was a train derailment there earlier this week) means spouting devil.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edit: Great to see this topic back alive!

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 08 December 2013 - 04:13 AM.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for the name suggestions Carmain, I really like 'Stakia Valley' and 'Benson Flats'. I may go with one of those names for the southern parts of LV.

As you can see I'm trying to really make it resemble the Las Vegas district while still maintaining a few of the green mountains so it's not completely desert, otherwise it would look unnatural. I should have an update for you in a few hours.

Libertyking; Really nice progress, keep it up! :^:

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by sethpenguin, 08 December 2013 - 07:58 AM.

I like it LibertyKing.

A map in progress of the GTA Universe's equivalent to my home town of Manchester, NH and bits of the towns surrounding it.

GTAMAP.png

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Vice City Mainland Island (except Escobar International Aiport and Fort Baxter Air Base) and Starfish Island are ready.  :santa:

OKeuiin.jpg

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 08 December 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Alright so I promised an update for you guys, so here it is.

OktyOLk.jpg

The amount of changes that have been made is quite significant from the previous update.

They're as follows;

The following names to areas have been added; 'Woodworth Hills' (thanks to Carmain for the suggestion) and 'Ventica Plains'

- Note; Names of the areas may be subject to change depending on development.

Significant changes to Central Las Venturas' roads including thicker lines to look more like Los Santos' roads.

- Added Blackfield Stadium towards the left.

- Still not 100% complete.

Added a more dense mountain area South of Centeral Las Venturas and fixed the road thickness on the left mountain.

Improved the water surrounding Las Venturas to look like Los Santos' surrounding waters.

Again it's still far from complete, but I would like to say how happy the progress has made me. This is the first time I've put this much work into a map, so I'm very proud of its development and I hope you are too. :)

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

XTREME0235 - wow. Looks very epic! :^:

Nyk1uX8.jpgVice City and Vice Beach (Miami Beach) completed!

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

S13 - Good map. I am interested to see the rest of it.

Xtreme - Very nice. Good to see you are using my suggestions.

My map is going fine. I have basically finished the road layout for Diablo County and I have started Tierra Robada. I am not showing the new road layout but I have been playing around with the effects on the coastline (This is where Photoshop comes in handy!). Here is my idea for it:

Y8P0AsD.png

I would like to know if you like this coast effect. If you do, I will apply it one the map is done. Please leave feedback. Thanks for reading. 

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by S13, 08 December 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Carmain2K - looks fantastic!

Next update (and last for today). Place under Vice City is parody of Homestade (southern Florida).

n2gpEBO.jpg

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Carmain2K, 08 December 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Las Venturas Map - Update 9

Earlier, I posted the coast effect I am going to do to the map once it is done. Now, I post the next main update to the map. The changelog is as follows:

• Modified the coastline a bit, adding small islands and stuff.
  • Added a lot more roads across Diablo County and Las Venturas County.
  • Started on Tierra Robada.
  • Created 'Glenwood'.
  • Finished the train line.

Here is the map:

4Ppzd9V.png

Here is the link to the unnamed version: http://i.imgur.com/sKYyXAV.png

This was a fairly big update, it took me a couple of hours but I am happy with the result. Next up is more stuff in Tierra Robada.

S13: Looking good, but you should change the road widths and make them either exactly the same or with a little bit of a change. But looking good for a beginner. Well done!

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by S13, 12 December 2013 - 06:43 PM.

s476csj.jpg

Flaverda (Florida)

Vice City - Miami

Vice Beach - Miami Beach

Starfish Island - Palm Island

Housestead - Homestead (I didn't have good name)

Flaverda Keys - Florida Keys

Cheerokee - Haileah (this same like Housestead)

The Evapanes - The Everglades

Evapanes Town - Everglades City

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

I don't log in for 3 days and wow...

@sethpenguin: No, not for now. I might do Nevada with Las Venturas, but I'm focusing on California right now. Maybe someday I'll do the entire country. Maybe...

@greasy_rainbow: 1st: Thanks. I really wanted to do this and it was my primary goal. 2nd: I made it with Paint.net.

I recently stopped making this map for a couple of days because I thought nobody cared but I do have a progress pic:

wcrwrnT.jpg

Click here for the version without names.

Again, I will mix Ganton and Davis as they are based on the same area. I will maybe remove Davis, because the name Ganton is closer to Compton than Davis.

The islands of the port will have a different layout later. They will also have names. And yes, the cul-de-sac in Ganton is Grove Street.

Hey man when are you going to update this map! I look awesome!! i love it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users