GTA Mapmaking

4,222 replies to this topic
Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

Future Architect & Earth Bending Expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:12 AM

Yeah, That's what I was thinking too. I cant get the right color for the sand though.. :(

I suggest a color closer to goldenrod, if you want to keep the brightness down. You could also try the color that San Andreas used for Las Venturas and Bone County, or a lighter version of that.

so for some reason when I upload the picture to imgur it changes the color.. :( 

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:30 AM

Also the color of the desert looks odd to me, does any one have a hex value that looks better than this?

How about #fbd86a (and its shades & tints)?

Rainier, CL (Seattle, WA) v2 - Update #1

Spoiler

• PhillBellic and ClaudX like this

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

Also the color of the desert looks odd to me, does any one have a hex value that looks better than this?

How about #fbd86a (and its shades & tints)?

Spoiler

Thanks! I'll definitely try it out.

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Okay so no matter what, when I upload them to imgur they always come out more yellow than what they actually are. I picked out 7 colors for the desert color for Tierra Robada and Las Venturas, which one do you think looks the best? oURtqMG.png

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

Okay so no matter what, when I upload them to imgur they always come out more yellow than what they actually are. I picked out 7 colors for the desert color for Tierra Robada and Las Venturas, which one do you think looks the best? -snip-

I think the color #2 looks the best.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

Number Five for me.

Ivankaracheev
  • Ivankaracheev

Mapmaking Novice

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

Number 7 is good.

• Chaserrrrs likes this

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

I was leaning towards 7 so I used it and it looks pretty good.
  • PhillBellic likes this

claude30
  • claude30

Unforgiven

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:18 PM Edited by claude30, 03 January 2016 - 05:20 PM.

I have an example from another forum (in Spanish) many of them know it. Some time ago, they made a list of programs for game programming. So they did this ..

Spoiler

Okay so no matter what, when I upload them to imgur they always come out more yellow than what they actually are. I picked out 7 colors for the desert color for Tierra Robada and Las Venturas, which one do you think looks the best? oURtqMG.png

Number 7 looks pretty good

• Chaserrrrs likes this

Stoopid Stuff
  • Stoopid Stuff

69 + Something = Rockstar

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Skegness (Boston) Upgrade!

tbQuD5M.png?1

ayy

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Nishinoya

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

I want some tips to make my Prestige City map better, I want it look more pro, less basic, so much on the level of GTA IV or V

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Nishinoya

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

Anyway I left some islands from the bay and i added it, also of some modifications and details:

Spoiler

And labeled:

Spoiler

• Sharp_shooter likes this

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:41 AM

Las Venturas Update 2

So, here is what I have for Las Venturas so far. I moved the airport more toward the bottom right corner of the city rather being in the center, and I also used less runways for it. XVDwi1A.png

• ClaudX and Ivan1997GTA like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

Proti všem tyranům, pro boha a zemi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

Las Venturas Update 2

So, here is what I have for Las Venturas so far. I moved the airport more toward the bottom right corner of the city rather being in the center, and I also used less runways for it. 

-Big Ass Image-

I think the roads would look better if they were black. To stand out more, you know.

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:50 AM Edited by RedDagger, 04 January 2016 - 05:57 PM.

I think the roads would look better if they were black. To stand out more, you know.

I'm just basing the road colors of the map for GTA V. I tried black and it didn't look as nice to me.

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:52 AM Edited by RedDagger, 04 January 2016 - 05:56 PM.

I'm just basing the road colors of the map for GTA V. I tried black and it didn't look as nice to me.

Ah, I see. Well, I'd think to expand your picture to show the whole island, then. Unless you just want Las Venturas, in which case you just need to finish the city and (optional) add icons for Ammu-Nation and such.

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:55 AM Edited by RedDagger, 04 January 2016 - 05:56 PM.

Ah, I see. Well, I'd think to expand your picture to show the whole island, then. Unless you just want Las Venturas, in which case you just need to finish the city and (optional) add icons for Ammu-Nation and such.

As for right now I'm currently just working on Las Venturas, which is why i just posted it. I tend to jump around the map to the different towns and cities and work on them then come back and get a fresh look at it.

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:57 AM Edited by RedDagger, 04 January 2016 - 05:56 PM.

As for right now I'm currently just working on Las Venturas, which is why i just posted it. I tend to jump around the map to the different towns and cities and work on them then come back and get a fresh look at it.

Then good luck to you. I like the progress so far, and I hope that it turns out well to you.
  • Chaserrrrs likes this

Sharp_shooter
  • Sharp_shooter

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

I think this is my finished map of Vice City

cAxCw8G.png

• Ivan1997GTA and Chaserrrrs like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

-Big Ass Image -

Looks good, if a bit small. I'm pretty sure the airport is named Escobar International Airport, by the way. And the stadium is Hyman Memorial Stadium. But other than that, it's pretty good.

Sharp_shooter
  • Sharp_shooter

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:53 PM Edited by Sharp_shooter, 04 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.

-Big Ass Image -

Looks good, if a bit small. I'm pretty sure the airport is named Escobar International Airport, by the way. And the stadium is Hyman Memorial Stadium. But other than that, it's pretty good.

But not everything is the same in the 3D Era and HD Era so different names, Also the map just seems it from a 2D view I say its 2 or 3 times bigger then 3D Era Vice City.

Thanks for the feedback

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:27 AM

Spoiler

I like your map, but the lack of anything interesting upsets me. All I see is roads and highway. Another thing that disinterests me is the monotonous tone of color. If there were more contrast in the colors, it would stand out more.

Anyway I left some islands from the bay and i added it, also of some modifications and details:

Spoiler

And labeled:

Spoiler

If you want it to be closer to the level of detail that IV's and V's maps bring, have one of them for reference when you are working on your map. Some elements you want to include in your map are more variety in roads, alleyways and important buildings (former in light grey, latter in dark grey), and more ruggedness on the edges of the map.

I hope those tips help you improve your map.

Las Venturas Update 2

So, here is what I have for Las Venturas so far. I moved the airport more toward the bottom right corner of the city rather being in the center, and I also used less runways for it. 

Spoiler

I would make the city limits grey, similar to what GTA V's last gen map did, and make the roads black. The countryside should never be the same color as the city, so in doing so, it will make the city more apparent.

• Ivan1997GTA and Chaserrrrs like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

I like your map, but the lack of anything interesting upsets me. All I see is roads and highway. Another thing that disinterests me is the monotonous tone of color. If there were more contrast in the colors, it would stand out more.

You only see the roads and highway, because I want to make them first. The map's layout is based on the one from this mod for GTA San Andreas (however I changed the color of the roads from orange to white). I'm not sure if I will add more details for the map, but if I do, it'll happen in the further future or thereabouts.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:56 PM Edited by Versous, 05 January 2016 - 01:59 PM.

There needs to be a game set in Reno, Nevada. That way we'd have a fairly cool countryside and a nice gambling town. Am I the only one who thinks that?

You know what? chances are high that a big to huge city will be in VI. The last two games didn't have particularly big cities so I think they're going for some impressive city Design wise.  i hope they create one/multiple great cities for the next one with countryside/ocean in between. Thats the dream ;)

Sneaky_Gately
  • Sneaky_Gately

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:02 PM Edited by Sneaky_Gately, 05 January 2016 - 02:03 PM.

Updated map*

My take on North San Andreas

http://imgur.com/s0x5byW

s0x5byW.jpg

• killdrivetheftvehicle, SweetToadette01, aleex96 and 8 others like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

And here's where you'd put San Fierro, Las Venturas, other town names etc., IF YOU HAD THEM!

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:43 AM

Map Update #2:

So I started working on it some more, adding in Los Santos, Paleto Bay, all of the cities in Blaine, Red and Bone Counties, as well as whetstone. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'll eventually get there. Also, sorry the map is so big  :/

hYSISqs.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, PhillBellic, Android and 2 others like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:46 AM

Map Update #2:

So I started working on it some more, adding in Los Santos, Paleto Bay, all of the cities in Blaine, Red and Bone Counties, as well as whetstone. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'll eventually get there. Also, sorry the map is so big  :/

- Big Ass image -

Looking great! Can't wait to see San Fierro.

• Chaserrrrs likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

Map Update #2:

-Snip-

Is that a Cable Car Line North West of Vice City (feint Red Line)?

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:35 AM Edited by Chaserrrrs, 06 January 2016 - 05:16 AM.

Yes, I wanted a place with a ski slope with possible snow. I know it's a weird place to put it lol
  • PhillBellic likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users