Photo

GTA Mapmaking

4,287 replies to this topic
dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

This has to be one of the best interpretations of Liberty City I have seen.
Just out of curiosity, are you going to include a representation of Paterson on your map?
Because if you are, it would be interesting for that portion of the map to have a hilly terrain and start the Passaic river up there and have a take on the waterfalls there. Then eventually work that river down to where you currently have it.

• LibertyKing likes this

Legionaz
  • Legionaz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

I do not know who created it I taken from google images

And I'm normal , thanks. COGLIONEDIMMERDAPUZZONE

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

@dunbrine47: I never heard of this city before, but there's plenty of room for it on the map, so I will probably include it.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

@dunbrine47: I never heard of this city before, but there's plenty of room for it on the map, so I will probably include it.

Call it Peterson, or something. :)

sengin
  • sengin

Grand Theft Auto UNITED

• Members
  • Turkey
  • Best Map 2015

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:32 AM Edited by sengin, 26 June 2015 - 11:33 AM.

Hello community this is my other little project, the desert is bigger and it has more forest and nature areas to explore, and it has more airports so it would be a great way to fly from Los Santos to Paleto Bay wıth a Cessna :)
image0wsyingk1x.jpg[/url]
  • dunbrine47, Choco Taco, unbid and 13 others like this

sengin
  • sengin

Grand Theft Auto UNITED

• Members
  • Turkey
  • Best Map 2015

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

UPDATE
22388296lz.jpg
  • Choco Taco, LibertyKing, EVOLUT7ON and 11 others like this

Mintal
  • Mintal

Beer Taster 🍺

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:09 AM Edited by Mintal, 29 June 2015 - 09:11 AM.

This looks f*cking great!

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

Those are some great Maps Sengn. :) :^:

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:39 PM Edited by LibertyKing, 29 June 2015 - 01:42 PM.

Liberty City - Update 13

jVUHmZK.png

The unlucky update!

No labeled version for this one. The image is way too large. I'll probably work out something to make multiple maps for the different areas.

Bohan:

• Tried to do the east and north coastlines. It looks good, but the northern part (The one with the sand) is over scaled and I'll try to redo it. I made the coastline by painting over an picture of the actual Bronx coastline (And also, New-Rochelle and the rest of the New York State), to make it as realistic as possible. It looks way better than what I had before,
  • Made the map slightly taller to make room for a larger island.

Broker:

• Made the base road grid,
  • Redid some parts of the west coastline,

Alderney:

• Made the island somewhat larger to fit Newark, Patterson and possibly some other cities,
  • Made progress on Alderney City,
  • Redid the path of the river based on the Passaic. It's now way more realistic,
  • Redrew the river based on the Hackensack to make it get thinner over time,
  • Added a lake/reservoir,
  • Started the coastline. Not so happy with this one though. It misses a lot of details.

Other:

• The new image size is 4000x2700.

I can't decide what I will and will not add to the map. I kind of want to add a city in the north part of the state of Liberty, maybe based on Albany, or a mix of the large cities in New York (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse) on the Alderney side, but the map is going to be too big. I also don't know if Carcer City should be on the map, maybe based on Camden or Trenton, New Jersey, but I always believed Carcer was based on Detroit. And again, there's not much room for it.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a like or comment if you liked the map!

• dunbrine47, Nico, Choco Taco and 15 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Liberty City - Update 13

I can't decide what I will and will not add to the map. I kind of want to add a city in the north part of the state of Liberty, maybe based on Albany, or a mix of the large cities in New York (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse) on the Alderney side, but the map is going to be too big. I also don't know if Carcer City should be on the map, maybe based on Camden or Trenton, New Jersey, but I always believed Carcer was based on Detroit. And again, there's not much room for it.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a like or comment if you liked the map!

You can always do Carcer City as an entirely new Map Down the Track at a later stage, then merge the two together. :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

Cottonmouth - Stage 1.4

LDHNoxw.png

Finally finished with Cottonmouth's building outlines.  Todomayor's vast country areas still need to be filled in before adding points of interest.  I also need to rename all the neighborhoods and smaller towns.  Right now they are just generic notes of what that area is supposed to be.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, Choco Taco, LibertyKing and 6 others like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

gta_america_map2_zpsaulo6vr6.png

So, this one is twice as big as the original, and I have been working on it for a while adding detail.

• LibertyKing, Pyrrhic, DaWiesel and 4 others like this

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Todomayor - Stage 4.1

SAlxSft.png

Many of the country areas on the east side are filled in, as well as the small towns all over the map.  I tried to put an oil field in, but I don't know much about how these are laid out.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, DaWiesel and 2 others like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:56 PM Edited by Phoenix_Poop, 16 July 2015 - 03:46 PM.

Am I the only one who feels sad?

I feel sad because I see all these beautiful maps, and know that R* will never make them into a game :(

Thanks libertyking for liking  :^:

And claudX

and the_anti-tragedy

and ivan1997GTA

and testarossa

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, ClaudX and 3 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

Am I the only one who feels sad?

I feel sad because I see all these beautiful maps, and know that R* will never make them into a game :(

Thanks libertyking for liking  :^:

And claudX

No. you are not the only one.

I'd like for Rockstar to re do the Map in GTA IV using LibertyKing's Map as the base. :)

• LibertyKing and Ivan1997GTA like this

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:47 AM Edited by UrbanAdventuring, 21 July 2015 - 12:49 AM.

Todomayor - Final

Satellite Photo

7FdPmqB.png

Hoods (1.2MB)

Spoiler

Aerial Map with Labels (2MB)

Spoiler

I think I'm doing smaller maps from now on...

• dunbrine47, killdrivetheftvehicle, Choco Taco and 10 others like this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Amazing work guys. That map above of the whole of America got me thinking that what if R* decided to some how put the next RDR and Bully maps into GTAO? I think it is something to think about and a rather exciting prospect no? :santa: :santa: :santa:

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:54 PM Edited by HipsterHillbilly, 21 July 2015 - 03:19 PM.

I like the fact that there are six stripclubs in Cottonmouth. Good job, that turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Amazing!

@friendlyfireoff: That is a cool thought indeed but I don't want Bullworth and Blackwater to be harmed by premature little twats. Joke aside it would probably take a lot effort and even more space than V already takes. Maybe for next gen PC's.

Allrighty, this is my new map for a very future concept that I have started working on. I know I should probably do maps for Britain '79 but I'm too lazy to look up how Britain's roads actually looked like back in '79. But here you go, the landscape and highways of Motor City (Detroit/WIndsor) '05:

Spoiler
  • The_Anti-tragedy likes this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

@UrbanAdventuring: I really like your map. It reminds me that I've never finished a map. You seem to have put a lot of effort into it and the details you added since the last update really make it look good. Love the names too!

SpaceJunk
  • SpaceJunk

?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

01NqKhn.png

Map for my concept thread that will hopefully come out within the next month. 

• The_Anti-tragedy, Android and bodyparts like this

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:51 PM Edited by UrbanAdventuring, 21 July 2015 - 05:58 PM.

@LibertyKing Your city seems more detailed than mine though.  I don't even bother to name the streets.  It also looks a lot more like something Rockstar would make and put into a working game.  My maps are kind of freestyle. 

My next map is still undecided.  I'm thinking about another big project (in spite of what I said earlier), but this will be a more abstract representation of  American regions on an island containing about 5 major cities, 10 mid-sized cities, and about 20 small towns.  Major cities will be like cities over a million, mid-sized will answer to cities 100K-1M, and small towns will answer to cities under 100K.  The large cities will be smaller in area - probably 1-2 square miles each.  I will probably give mid-sized cities 0.25-1 square mile, and small towns less than a quarter square mile.  There will be different regions based on North American cultural regions, but I will not lay them out exactly like the real life regions geographically.  

• LibertyKing likes this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

@UrbanAdventuring: My map is more detailed but it took forever to do only that small part. It takes way too much time to make. I've worked on my map for two months straight, nearly every single day, and I've only done this much. Sure, it's more detailed, and it looks better overall, but I tend to overdo some areas and rush others and I come back later and I redo everything. Also, I have no idea how to do mountains, and I'd love to be able to, because I need to do some in another map. Yours look awesome.

For those wondering where the updates for my Liberty City map are, I'm doing something else at the moment, because I'm tired of doing the same thing every time.

And just for the sake of showing something, here's a preview of my USA map:

AFpjM1Y.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, Choco Taco, unbid and 11 others like this

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:08 AM Edited by HipsterHillbilly, 22 July 2015 - 11:09 AM.

@Spacejunk: I like your map but is that all or are you gonna draw outlines and stuff?

@Liberyking: Fancy as always. I'd love to explore modern New Austin and Blackwater.

UPDATE 2: They're aren't going to come this often but I worked on it pretty long today so I just wanted to show what I had. It's not as good as other maps here, sorry. Feedback would be very appreciated. :)

Spoiler
  • LibertyKing and The_Anti-tragedy like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

UPDATE 2: They're aren't going to come this often but I worked on it pretty long today so I just wanted to show what I had. It's not as good as other maps here, sorry. Feedback would be very appreciated. :)

Spoiler

Would it be possible for you to change the Colours to better Contrasting ones? :)

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:18 AM Edited by HipsterHillbilly, 22 July 2015 - 11:19 AM.

Spoiler

Would it be possible for you to change the Colours to better Contrasting ones? :)

I see what you mean. This is the best that I could do on paint, tbh it looked better on the previous one in my oppinion:

Spoiler

But if anyone with more map skillz would take on the challenge to change the colours to something better that would be great. :)

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

Spoiler

I see what you mean. This is the best that I could do on paint, tbh it looked better on the previous one in my oppinion:

Spoiler

But if anyone with more map skillz would take on the challenge to change the colours to something better that would be great. :)

Try using Paint.Net. It's a much more feature rich Paint Program. It's also free and easy to use, I think. :)

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

Cools! Will do that in the future. Any other feedback on my map?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Cools! Will do that in the future. Any other feedback on my map?

Develop it more, for starters. Then the Feedback will come rolling in. The Layout is good, so far. :)

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Ah, this is just the beginning. I have still got a lot roads to add. But I was pretty proud over the outlines, feel like I catched Detroit/Windsor pretty well. And oh, any names for windsor is very appreciated. Right now i'm calling it East Motor City. :D

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

The "A"

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

And oh, any names for windsor is very appreciated.

Wraith.

Why? Because.

• The Deadite likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users