LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

IM BACK BABY!

San Andreas Map: Update 10

Hey there guys, I have continued working on the map and now I have enough done to make a update. So, with out further ado, here is the map:

Changelog:

• Revised roads in San Caballo in order to make it less dense.
  • Added Ocean Flats (just south of the airport)
  • Cleaned up the Salt Lake and added more coast effect.
  • Started Buchanan (Fremont)
  • Edited the mountains.
  • Added lakes.
  • And the most change of all - SAN FIERRO HAS BEEN STARTED. So far I have done:
    • Hashbury (Haight-Ashbury)
    • Paradiso (The Presido)
    • Juniper Hill (Nob Hill)
    • Calton Heights (Pacific Heights)
    • Chinatown
    • Missionary Hill (Mount Davidson)
    • Easter Basin Docks (Bayview)

I hope you like what I have done. Today I have really got back into mapmaking, and I have had a creative burst recently. Lets hope it stays that way! Anything you want me to add? I will be happy to, as long as I can fit it in. Hope you like the map, and please leave feedback. It helps, a lot. Thanks for reading!

Ok, I quit...

• Mome likes this

Carmain
  • Carmain

Im back bitches...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

But why Liberty?

Special Members
  • Special Members

Plata O Plomo

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

If you are using Paint then there are no layers, meaning that you will have to cover over the names and do them again. Then again, I cant say much as my picture only has one layer to minimise lag. It is good, but use curved roads!!! it looks way to square at the moment. Also, reduce the amount of intersections, because they look a bit messy. But it is good for a first attempt, well done! 

Thanks for the feedback. I have started to cover out the names. But where on Paint can I find curved roads? 

Carmain
  • Carmain

Im back bitches...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

On paint it should be next to the line tool.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by gtamann123, 07 April 2014 - 05:51 PM.

IM BACK BABY!

San Andreas Map: Update 10

Hey there guys, I have continued working on the map and now I have enough done to make a update. So, with out further ado, here is the map:

Changelog:

• Revised roads in San Caballo in order to make it less dense.
  • Added Ocean Flats (just south of the airport)
  • Cleaned up the Salt Lake and added more coast effect.
  • Started Buchanan (Fremont)
  • Edited the mountains.
  • Added lakes.
  • And the most change of all - SAN FIERRO HAS BEEN STARTED. So far I have done:
    • Hashbury (Haight-Ashbury)
    • Paradiso (The Presido)
    • Juniper Hill (Nob Hill)
    • Calton Heights (Pacific Heights)
    • Chinatown
    • Missionary Hill (Mount Davidson)
    • Easter Basin Docks (Bayview)

I hope you like what I have done. Today I have really got back into mapmaking, and I have had a creative burst recently. Lets hope it stays that way! Anything you want me to add? I will be happy to, as long as I can fit it in. Hope you like the map, and please leave feedback. It helps, a lot. Thanks for reading!

Ok, I quit...

Hey can you tell me the image resolution of your LC map? (like pixels per cm setting) I just started using Paint.net so I am not entirely sure on how to make the canvas large like yours and have great resolution like you. 

Carmain
  • Carmain

Im back bitches...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by Carmain2K, 07 April 2014 - 06:18 PM.

I am taking a trip down memory lane and I found my first map:

3xQWJ.png

Based on Bristol, I started it in October 2012, when I was called Codams. Only one update ever was released because I accidentally deleted it and then the netbook I was using died. How much as changed. I have gone from being a nobody to sort of infamous on this thread.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Plata O Plomo

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

On paint it should be next to the line tool.

Okay, now I know what you are talking about. But I´ve already used that one. Doesn´t seem to make much differences in my book. Atleast when I have used it.

Carmain
  • Carmain

Im back bitches...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

It will help, trust me.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

But why Liberty?

I will never be able to do a map this good.

@gtamann123: The total size of my map is 3500x5500 pixels and 92.60x145.52 cm. It lags a lot. Also, most roads are 4 pixels thick and the highways are 9-10 pixels thick. I hope it answers your question.

• AtomicSoviet likes this

Carmain
  • Carmain

Im back bitches...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

Mine is 4000x4500 and 105.83x119.06 cm. Also, I am wondering what size my map would add up to, if anyone were to figure out how much a pixel represents. The Los Santos map is the same size and LS came from a GTAV map that was 4096x4096 (Map here). Just wondering.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

But why Liberty?

@gtamann123: The total size of my map is 3500x5500 pixels and 92.60x145.52 cm. It lags a lot. Also, most roads are 4 pixels thick and the highways are 9-10 pixels thick. I hope it answers your question.

Ok thanks. And also can I re size my map without cutting out parts of it? Because its a little big right now. If I change the dimensions will it cut off areas of it or just change the size of the map while keeping everything in tact?

JohnGale
  • JohnGale

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

But why Liberty?

Wow, If one like you, with great mapping skills gives up, what should I do? Burn my computer? 

Hopefully I will post an update soon :)

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by LibertyKing, 07 April 2014 - 10:32 PM.

But why Liberty?

Wow, If one like you, with great mapping skills gives up, what should I do? Burn my computer? 

Hopefully I will post an update soon :)

Lol, you're right. Lately, I just lost the fun in making maps. I don't know. Maybe it's because I made so many of them. I just can't stick to one map anymore. I lost the vibe, I guess. I somehow feel like a superhero who lost his power.

It's been like that since Update 6 of the LC map, that night of November 30th 2013, when I was done with Algonquin. I made most of the map that day and I posted on 11pm. I was glad to be finished with that. But afterwards, I felt like I had nothing more to do. I've done some parts of Bohan, Alderney City (twice) and northern Dukes. I was tired of doing this map. So, later, I started another San Andreas map. Didn't do more than a concept. Since then, maps are boring. I wanna work on a map, but I stop after five minutes.

I will stop doing maps for now. I might start again later, I don't know. But for now, I won't post maps here.

tl;dr: Bored.

Carmain
  • Carmain

Im back bitches...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sad to hear it LibertyKing, hope you feel more in the 'vibe' soon. After all, you inspired me to start making maps again, way back in November last year.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

I'll continue to support you, though. :)

Lol, I just read my post again. I was touched.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 07 April 2014 - 11:27 PM.

North Yankton?

For some reason, I thought it was in Canada.  I looked it up and it is supposed to be North Dakota.  Here is the updated map.

gtusa_1200x919_wYankton_compressed.jpg

Ayo, I suggest you post that map here to give X-Seti some ideas for how his State of Liberty mod should be laid out ;)

http://gtaforums.com...-map-version-6/

also we have Chicago labeled as Midway, Makes more sense instead of Speedway

also your missing Reddick (Mentioned in Vice City as where the V-Rock FM is located), Carcer City (Based on Philadelphia), and Cottonmouth (Where manhunt 2 takes place, its near Vice City)

-Sacraficio, San Andreas

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by UrbanAdventuring, 08 April 2014 - 12:39 AM.

Another update on my New England style map.  I added another medium sized city and some smaller towns.  The city of Bullworth is along the coast up around where Portland, Maine would be in the real New England.  The road layout is similar to that in the game Bully.  I haven't named the city west of the main Boston-style city, though the city is like a hybrid of Worchester and Springfield, Massachusetts.

Spoiler

There are some updates on the map color scheme.  White lines are rail lines, light brown is sand.  Dark green is still forest, but but the shading shown in forested areas is an attempt making a relief map. 

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by UrbanAdventuring, 08 April 2014 - 02:47 AM.

Ayo, I suggest you post that map here to give X-Seti some ideas for how his State of Liberty mod should be laid out ;)

also your missing Reddick (Mentioned in Vice City as where the V-Rock FM is located), Carcer City (Based on Philadelphia), and Cottonmouth (Where manhunt 2 takes place, its near Vice City)

-Sacraficio, San Andreas

Lakeshore was supposed to be Chicago;  Speedway is Indianapolis.  I like the name Midway though. 

Carcer City can be a midwestern / rust belt city like Columbus, Allentown, Harrisburg, Albany, Syracuse, or some other city not on my map.  Cottonmouth can take the place of Tallahassee, Shreveport or Baton Rouge.  They have no equivalent on the map that I made.  As far as Red Dead cities go, I figured most would be ghost towns by the modern era of GTA, and they would be somewhere in one of the southwestern states.  Reddick?  If V-Rock broadcasts to the Vice City market, then it is probably in the metropolitan area somewhere, like West Palm Beach  and Boca Raton are in Miami's.

Now that I have the New England map made, I may make a more detailed USA map of all the cities, compressed to fit in a world that Renderware can handle - that is, unless someone could make a mod out of GTA 4.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 08 April 2014 - 03:47 AM.

-Sacraficio, San Andreas

Lakeshore was supposed to be Chicago;  Speedway is Indianapolis.  I like the name Midway though. 

Carcer City can be a midwestern / rust belt city like Columbus, Allentown, Harrisburg, Albany, Syracuse, or some other city not on my map.  Cottonmouth can take the place of Tallahassee, Shreveport or Baton Rouge.  They have no equivalent on the map that I made.  As far as Red Dead cities go, I figured most would be ghost towns by the modern era of GTA, and they would be somewhere in one of the southwestern states.  Reddick?  If V-Rock broadcasts to the Vice City market, then it is probably in the metropolitan area somewhere, like West Palm Beach  and Boca Raton are in Miami's.

Now that I have the New England map made, I may make a more detailed USA map of all the cities, compressed to fit in a world that Renderware can handle - that is, unless someone could make a mod out of GTA 4.

well GTA IV actually has about the same limits as GTA SA... Vice City had its limits cracked years ago which is why there is a mod adding all the cities into one game (GTA SA Limits are being cracked aswell in the same topic), and I think NTAuthority is working on the IV limits as we speak for a separate mod (hes putting the GTA V map in GTA IV as well as others eventually) but yea lol keep your eyes open on the State of Liberty mod ;) you might get hired as the cartographer

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

North Yankton?

For some reason, I thought it was in Canada.  I looked it up and it is supposed to be North Dakota.  Here is the updated map.

gtusa_1200x919_wYankton_compressed.jpg

Full city list:

Las Venturas = Las Vegas

Liberty City = New York City

San Fierro = San Francisco

Los Santos = Los Angeles

Lakeshore = Chicago

Ludendorff = Bismark, ND

Spoiler

Full state list:

San Andreas = California + Nevada

Liberty = Greater New York City and Long Island (I should split it into Alderney and Liberty though)

Vicio = South Florida (Latin for vice)

North and South Yankton = North and South Dakota (GTA V)

Spoiler

Bumped because I just updated the post with state and city names and their real life equivalents and meanings.

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

What the f*ck am I supposed to write here?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

I made a few updates:

-more roads added

-golf terrain added

TYRjAy3.jpg

• theGTAking101 likes this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

I made a few updates:

-more roads added

-golf terrain added

Which program do you use to make your map?

Looks nice. :D

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

I use Photoshop CS6.So i can use different layers for the mountains,  the streets , the water etc..

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hoping someone could do some gta 3D era city concept maps (preferrably not too big)

They could possibly be included in a mod one day ;)

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

made some updates:

Changed road color(can still change)

added: roads, lakes and a small mountain town

Spoiler

• Vanto and Carmain like this

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

^^^Yep, this thread is alive again, finally. :D

So here's an update of my South Vice - Map:

dHdb8kW.jpg

Decided to place the lake more to the north, extending the map. I'm almost done with the streets, so I will start soon with the northern area and the south + Keys. After that I will probably add buildings and improve the shores.

PS: Ignore those little lines in the ocean and on some of the coasts, will remove them in the next update. ;)

Better quality: http://i.imgur.com/3RSUDPM.jpg

How did you make the roads so clean looking? My roads come out unrealistic but yours look more like google maps :) how are you making them? :D What software and tool?

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Made some progress with  my map:

-added a lot of roads

-added a smaller city at the bay area

-added a new mountain and a new lake

-added another town at the mountain

-added a small island in the corner of the map.

k1UCRnX.jpg

• killdrivetheftvehicle and theGTAking101 like this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

How did you make the roads so clean looking? My roads come out unrealistic but yours look more like google maps :) how are you making them? :D What software and tool?

I used Photo Filtre 7 but now I use GIMP 2. Didn't test if GIMP has it but with the other program I could draw straight lines with the line tool and for the curves you just need a calm hand. :D I had to remove and place roads multiple times till I was satisfied. I also try to make them similar to the street maps of the games to make them look like real gta maps. :p

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

A more detailed GTA United States is in the works.   Here's a preview including the major cities, some roads, and major terrain features.

gtusa_mini.png

I made this map with the hopes that it could fit into a single game or mod.  It would be an island like most GTA maps.  The layout is like a compressed United States to fit in a roughly square box, with reasonable driving distance between cities (San Andreas had the major ones spaced so that a single city could fit between each, so that was my rule of thumb).

Currently the map only has highways and city avenues.  smaller streets will be put in once I decide on a scale.  I want to scale the cities roughly in line with previous games.  Cities with an established scale like Los Santos and Liberty City can be referenced to gauge how big this map should be. 

I have some larger cities.  Smaller cities will be placed as far as space allows.   Here is a list of cities on the map and their real life counterparts:

Spoiler
  • killdrivetheftvehicle, SweetToadette01 and theGTAking101 like this

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by aqwaqwaq8, 15 April 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Made a lot of updates, I think this will be the last update that I'll post off the map because it's as good as ready.

Btw: I'll make a new map and post a picture of the first version very soon.

UPDATE!!!!:

Go to  http://i.imgur.com/piY2gQP.jpg for a sneak peak from my new map.

IMIt0N6.jpg

• Gregers08, DaWiesel, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users