Photo

GTA Mapmaking

4,650 replies to this topic
Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

If you set your last active is private, you're edgy

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 3 weeks ago.

After 2 f*cking months of doing nothing, besides scratching my balls and, other necessary stuff.

I made some progress here and there, blah blah blah, you got it.

Welcome to the City of Cottonmouth, New Versailles.

SlIuAe8.png

Map changes:

+ Some roads down the river (Yes, it is a Missisipi River parody, i just don't have a good parody name to it).
+ That sexy Roundabout south the river.
+ Two new towns, that i still don't named then.

+ The Airport is changed

+ Roads in the Assassination Level
+ And More!

What the hell is Cottonmouth?

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

I'm not here to be original, I'm here to rock!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

After 2 f*cking months of doing nothing, besides scratching my balls and, other necessary stuff.

SlIuAe8.png

Map changes:

+ Some roads down the river (Yes, it is a Missisipi River parody, i just don't have a good parody name to it).

+ The Airport is changed

+ And More!

A city featured in Manhunt 2.

• CRAZY AL WARD and jaljax like this

ElMattineu
  • ElMattineu

Driver of the Happy Blimp™ Blimp.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

SlIuAe8.png

Map changes:

+ The Airport is changed

+ And More!

The City present in Manhunt 2, it also is a New Orleans parody.

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by RealityDesign, 2 weeks ago.

Hello/ Hi guys/Hi everyone !

Today I am happy to come back to you to come to light my last project gta !

It has been one moment since I work above, and I am finally ready to reveal it to you.

Before beginning, I am conscious that certain similar project went out previously, but I quite even wish to try to convince you, by bringing it some novelties and of numerous reference in old Opuses of GTA.

Let me explain :

I worked the latter on a concept of map for GTA 6, by basing me on the interview of Leslies The Benz, which explained that RockstarGames reflected to combine possibly the cities of all the games GTA.

My project of map it is mainly built in the optics of a GTA " San Andreas II "

I thus have further to that, to decide to imagine the map, by taking back not only all the cities of the old opuses, the remasterized the map of GTA SA, and naturally, I resumed some references of striking places of the old games.

Cities available on my fictitious map are:

LOS SANTOS (GTAV) (Climate Tempered and Desertic)
NORTH YANKTON ( GTAV Prologue) (Snowed)
SAN FIERRO Remasterised HD (GTA SA) (Climate Tempered)
LAS VENTURAS Remasterised HD ( GTA SA) (East Climate Desertic, West climate tempered)
LIBERTY CITY ( GTAIV) (Climate Tempered)
VICE CITY Remasterised HD (GTA VC). (Climate Tropical)

To tell the truth, the idea of North Yankton came to me, while the map was practically ended, and I wanted to put it in the North of BONE COUNTRY , but I found the much less well-balanced map, that is why I put it on an island in the East.

Without forgetting symbolic sectors of the map of GTA SA such as:

• BONE COUNTRY ( Climate Desertic)
• RED COUNTRY (Climate tempered)

In which the numerous myths were born at the time of GTA SA.

I also integrated into my map, the ghost town of " LAS BRUJAS " available in GTA SA, and the Sherman DAM.

And Points of interets major as :

• El castillo del diablo (GTASA BONE COUNTRY)
• Arco del oeste (GTASA BONE COUNTRY)
• Valle ocultado (GTASA BONE COUNTRY)
• Zone 69 ( Parodie of Zone 51)
• Escobar international airport ( GTA VC)
• The highly-rated districts of Las Venturas and Vice City.

And naturally the famous US ROAD 69 ! (Parodie of Road 66).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore I did not content with resuming already existing elements, I added two cities and two additional countries which can be very interesting to exploit for a scenario in GTA.

• MEXICO COUNTRY ( Climate Desertic)
Mexico City (For Latino Gang, and traffics etc.)

• COLOMBIA COUNTRY (Climate Tropical, and tropical forests)
• Magdalena City (Parody of the city of pablo to escobar : Medellin, For the Cartel Colombians, or the important drug trafficking).

I think that the addition of its two cities, can given by numerous opportunities to RockstarGames to create completely crazy scenario!

Furthermore, I think that he could be interesting for us players, to visit landscapes varied, and atmospheres different, in the same way as we had had him in GTA SA! Nostalgia Obliges.

For the most curious of you, me puts you an overview HD of my map, as well as a video detailing all the information to be known additional.

FULL MAP HD (5000x3533) :
Http://reality-design.fr/imgGTA/Map.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN FIERRO AND LAS VENTURAS :
fp06.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIBERTY CITY
4x4e.png

VICE CITY AND NORTH YANKTON
y2jf.png

LOS SANTOS

xkle.png

My VIDEO :

Do not hesitate to express your opinion, and to share at the most if that pleases you so that Rockstar Games can see it and can be to be inspired by it !

ENJOY ! :)

• killdrivetheftvehicle, aleex96, theGTAking101 and 8 others like this

le shark
  • le shark

ain't no fortunate son

• Daily Globe
  • Olympics

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by le shark, 2 weeks ago.

Do not hesitate to express your opinion, and to share at the most if that pleases you so that Rockstar Games can see it and can be to be inspired by it !

I like your style! What worries me though is the placement of North Yankton and Liberty City. It doesn't make a lot of sense for LC to be right next to Bone County (it's county btw, not country), and North Yankton, which is based on North Dakota, shouldn't be located right off the coast of Vice City... I think you should add more landmass between LC and Bone County, and you can place North Yankton somewhere up north.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, universetwisters, (Ambient) and 3 others like this

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

I like your style! What worries me though is the placement of North Yankton and Liberty City. It doesn't make a lot of sense for LC to be right next to Bone County (it's county btw, not country), and North Yankton, which is based on North Dakota, shouldn't be located right off the coast of Vice City... I think you should add more landmass between LC and Bone County, and you can place North Yankton somewhere up north.

To tell the truth, the idea of North Yankton came to me, while the map was practically ended, and I wanted to put it in the North of BONE Country, but I found the much less well-balanced map, that is why I put it on an island in the East. :)

But I find your interesting idea!

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by RedDagger, 2 weeks ago.

-snip-

Nice map.
  • RealityDesign likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

It has been one moment since I work above, and I am finally ready to reveal it to you.
Before beginning, I am conscious that certain similar project went out previously, but I quite even wish to try to convince you, by bringing it some novelties and of numerous reference in [b]old Opuses of GTA...Do not hesitate to express your opinion, and to share at the most if that pleases you so that Rockstar Games can see it and can be to be inspired by it !

Why is North Yankton, a North Dakota parody, an island off the coast of Florida? Also why even include Mexico & Columbia when you could've added Carcer City and Cottonmouth? I dunno, I would say it could be improved on but it looks like you already have it finished and sealed and sh*t.
  • (Ambient), DidSomebodySayYouga, RealityDesign and 1 other like this

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Before beginning, I am conscious that certain similar project went out previously, but I quite even wish to try to convince you, by bringing it some novelties and of numerous reference in [b]old Opuses of GTA...Do not hesitate to express your opinion, and to share at the most if that pleases you so that Rockstar Games can see it and can be to be inspired by it !

Why is North Yankton, a North Dakota parody, an island off the coast of Florida? Also why even include Mexico & Columbia when you could've added Carcer City and Cottonmouth? I dunno, I would say it could be improved on but it looks like you already have it finished and sealed and sh*t.

To tell the truth, the idea of North Yankton came to me, while the map was practically ended, and I wanted to put it in the North of BONE COUNTRY , but I found the much less well-balanced map, that is why I put it on an island in the East. :)

But I find your interesting idea!

But All the ideas and the remarks of improvements are good has to take, for V2 why not!

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 2 weeks ago.

They needed Carcer City, Capital City, Cottonmouth and Bullworth, and replace Mexico and Colombia with Carcer City and Cottonmouth in that map.

• DidSomebodySayYouga and ElMattineu like this

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

They needed Carcer City, Capital City, Cottonmouth and Bullworth, and replace Mexico and Colombia with Carcer City and Cottonmouth in that map.

Why Not !

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Because, I had the idea to add North Yankton having ended the map, and I found That North Yankton, desequilibred the map in the North.

DidSomebodySayYouga
  • DidSomebodySayYouga

Bravado: Thanks for the bailout America

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rosenport, NJ v1.0:

Here is my custom map. I make this map special for my future videogame project (Emergency 4-like simulator).
I make it in GTA IV style, but in future i want to give it more unique look.  :colgate:

41917941181_51bea05555_o.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, universetwisters, LibertyKing and 9 others like this

Zetkut
  • Zetkut

Novice Mapmaker

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago

Liyan - Update 1

Hey! I'm back, with a new map that I started creating a few days ago,

It is from the city called "Liyan", which is the parody of Luján, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Tell me how is the map, and better if you give me suggestions, to improve it.

PS: Sorry but do not speak English very well XD

zI49t3F.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, Carmain and 3 others like this

Nisan Bairami
  • Nisan Bairami

Player Hater

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 2 weeks ago

e8WAApU.png

This is my Solinski-Romasja map.

• Zetkut and Domac like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada
  • Best Concept 2017 [Bohemians & Blackjack]

Posted A week ago Edited by Cebra, A week ago.

I finished my map for B&B just before Christmas but I never got around to posting it here. Without further ado, the map with and without a legend:

Without
01et8Mm.jpg

With
1BeOx11.jpg

Changes

Besides the obvious, I've actually made quite a few final last minute changes to the landscape since my last update.

- Re-positioned the highway rest stops

- Added some depth and shallows to the coastline

- Extended the Santo Zacaria Valley's (Santa Clara valley) forests further south

- Added the actual city of Santo Zacaria to the roster, representing San José in the southwest

- Added the burgeoning Las Venturas-lite town of Tango (Reno) east of Birchwood

- Expanded the canvas to make map boundaries; endless ocean in the west, north, and some of the south, endless desert below Santo Zacaria and Lincoln Pull in the southeast. The map is headed off by an unscalable mountain range in the east

- And, of course, the legend and complementary wrinkles and coffee stains.

Almost three years in the making, it's great to finally see the end product.

• Vercetti27, killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing and 13 others like this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

whoops wtf is that ?

cmuCK43.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, RedDagger, aleex96 and 8 others like this

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

xsLWzUk.png

This is my first map I made.

For more info about the map:

Spoiler
  • killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 2 others like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by ivarblaauw, A week ago.

I finished my map for B&B just before Christmas but I never got around to posting it here. Without further ado, the map with and without a legend:

Changes

Besides the obvious, I've actually made quite a few final last minute changes to the landscape since my last update.

- Extended the Santo Zacaria Valley's (Santa Clara valley) forests further south
- Added the actual city of Santo Zacaria to the roster, representing San José in the southwest
- Expanded the canvas to make map boundaries; endless ocean in the west, north, and some of the south, endless desert below Santo Zacaria and Lincoln Pull in the southeast. The map is headed off by an unscalable mountain range in the east

Can I congratulate you on this work? I love how you, just like I did, used a legend to make it more real. 
​Can't we just combine our maps of San Andreas and just play that (LOOKING AT YOU ROCKSTARGAMES). I would literally never get to playing another game xD

Again mate: Well done! I honestly love it with all my heart! :D
  • Cebra, theGTAking101 and le shark like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada
  • Best Concept 2017 [Bohemians & Blackjack]

Posted A week ago Edited by Cebra, A week ago.

Changes

Can I congratulate you on this work? I love how you, just like I did, used a legend to make it more real. 
​Can't we just combine our maps of San Andreas and just play that (LOOKING AT YOU ROCKSTARGAMES). I would literally never get to playing another game xD

Again mate: Well done! I honestly love it with all my heart! :D

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. Your map was definitely an inspiration in the way I finalized this one, from the detailed legend to the folded paper layer to give it a realistic touch. Really stellar stuff that I tried to imitate as best I can.

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by ivarblaauw, A week ago.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. Your map was definitely an inspiration in the way I finalized this one, from the detailed legend to the folded paper layer to give it a realistic touch. Really stellar stuff that I tried to imitate as best I can.

Just look at your map. Same style as the Mafia 3 map, which was awesome to say the least.

One can only dream at this time what we will see in GTA VI and beyond. Luckily we do know that map size is no issue anymore (The Crew (2), GR Wildlands, Just Cause 3). That's why I expect at least two/three cities for the next GTA.

While I doubt that they'll use unscalable mountains or an endless desert, my guess is an island due to planes etc., I do think we'll see a much larger game, with more interiors.

Expect an interior percentage of Mafia 3, where most bars, shops, warehouses, hotels and malls are open.

One of the big issues was the no good countryside, you went out the city to... enter the same city again. This was a major issue which lots of gamers complained about.

So that is the major reason I like your map... it feels like R* could actually make this in the future.
  • Cebra and Ivan1997GTA like this

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

This is what it first looked like:

https://i.imgur.com/1Sm1NSB.png

Now it looks like this:

Spoiler

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

@Cebra That's brilliant, man. The amount of detail is completely unbelievable. All good effort. I can't imagine the perfectness of the finished product.

• Cebra likes this

AndyPro09
  • AndyPro09

Player Hater

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 4 days ago Edited by AndyPro09, 4 days ago.

nwljEAG.jpg

20% done. Any ideas?

The map is consisted by three islands: Peloponnese, Attica and Epirus-Macedonia. There are three cities: Patras (west), Athens (south-east) and Salonika (north-east).

• killdrivetheftvehicle, Carmain, Ivan1997GTA and 4 others like this

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 days ago

nwljEAG.jpg
20% done. Any ideas?

The map is consisted by three islands: Peloponnese, Attica and Epirus-Macedonia. There are three cities: Patras (west), Athens (south-east) and Salonika (north-east).

I'd suggest mapping the roads, filling out the land with some colours, and then add names of the cities.

Some islands would be nice too.
  • AndyPro09 likes this

AndyPro09
  • AndyPro09

Player Hater

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 4 days ago

I'd suggest mapping the roads, filling out the land with some colours, and then add names of the cities.

Some islands would be nice too.

Thanks... I'm working on all of these.

• le shark likes this

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

WIP My depiction of 3D Liberty City in 1959 for a fanfiction project I'm working on. Mostly everything is coloured green at the moment as placeholder but it'll all be advanced as I work through it.

One major effect worth mentioning is that Cochrane Dam hasn't been built yet, so some neighbourhoods such as Wichita Gardens are completely underwater.

3kIq2zRl.png

• le shark, Domac and AndyPro09 like this

AndyPro09
  • AndyPro09

Player Hater

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 3 days ago

XHEGeUb.png

About 80% done. Coming back with some more hotspots and a basic storyline...

• killdrivetheftvehicle, RedDagger, Carmain and 2 others like this

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I've finished the industrial area of Portland. I'm drawing the map on top of GTA Liberty City Stories' map, so you can look for it if you want to compare the two. This is 3D Universe Liberty City in the year 1959.

5kqEpU7l.png

• LibertyKing and le shark like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A day ago

I've finished the industrial area of Portland. I'm drawing the map on top of GTA Liberty City Stories' map, so you can look for it if you want to compare the two. This is 3D Universe Liberty City in the year 1959.

Callahan bridge was not yet built in 1959, there was the ferry system.

• le shark likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users