• Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Sanches, 3 weeks ago.

I've tried to draw a map for the first time. It's wip, if you may call it like that. In next versions i'll try to expand the area, resolution and add more details.

The map of desert islands of Abyr.
KQNtcKI.jpg

I've always wanted to have a GTA Online in the desert setting, so atleast i drew a map of it.

Legend:

Spoiler

Looking forward for advices and comments.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 6 others like this

Doggy Dink
  • Doggy Dink

Aspiring Cartographer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've tried to draw a map for the first time. It's wip, if you may call it like that. In next versions i'll try to expand the area, resolution and add more details.

The map of desert islands of Abyr.
KQNtcKI.jpg

I've always wanted to have a GTA Online in the desert setting, so atleast i drew a map of it.

Legend:

Spoiler

Looking forward for advices and comments.

Awesome! I really like the maps that have detail and have places to explore, like if it were a real video game. I think you should add some names to the places and also, what program did you draw it on? I'd love to be able to make tilted shapes aswell as smooth curved roads. I use paint for my maps but you can't rotate shapes on it and the curved lines look bad and pixelated.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Awesome! I really like the maps that have detail and have places to explore, like if it were a real video game. I think you should add some names to the places and also, what program did you draw it on? I'd love to be able to make tilted shapes aswell as smooth curved roads. I use paint for my maps but you can't rotate shapes on it and the curved lines look bad and pixelated.

Well, i used... Paint 3D.
I'd like to find a better program, because i think Paint can't save files in high quality.

Prokan
  • Prokan

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

How i can upload images heare?

Ohhh123r
  • Ohhh123r

He's is Angry GTA Nerd...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ohhh123r, 2 weeks ago.

How i can upload images here?

Upload your map here and I recommend image host is Imgur and since Photobucket is unpostable

Copy your image code and paste here

Example:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ecd7lB2.png[/img]

If you do the code correctly, your image loads...

ecd7lB2.png

or use Imgur method

N5xyDcP.png

Once you upload your first map, Welcome to GTA Mapmaking thread.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Daikenki
  • Daikenki

Planet Buster

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Daikenki, 2 weeks ago.

my first map but i made this in a span of 2 days

also first post waddup

https://i.imgur.com/rYJPfWS.jpg

• killdrivetheftvehicle, SweetToadette01, slimeball supreme and 6 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Sanches, 2 weeks ago.

Islands of Abyr

twGa6IU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/twGa6IU.jpg

Nomad's notes: Abyr is a strange geography phenomenon. It is a desert with sandy and rocky surfaces and it's all surrounded by ocean. There are two mountains, but only one of it deserved it's name - Unite.

The lands are covered with various settlements. Some are more civilizationally, some are less. Town names are giving some middle-eastern thoughts. People are seperated by settlements and groups or clans. The strongest one is a capital of these lands located at the east and it's named "Oahat" because it's settled in "Oa" lands.

Northern there's "SAA" island. It stands for South Abyr Alliance, you can find a civilian grade airfield and a couple of towns there. Basically it's just a trade alliance that lives semi seperated from the main island. They have everything they need for a living. Transport communications and farms.
The main trade deals are comming through Ailham - main commerce town. Before export goods are able to leave the place, they're going through this town.

To the north of Ailham there's some port towns - Gat'e and Zahel. Gat'e is somewhat industrial town. There's a warehouses, factories and garages. I can't tell anything about Zahel, because locals didn't let me to go there. That's some mystery. Talking about locals. People here are way different. There's no such word as "law" here. You are free man in the desert. You can act like a total a-hole if you'll manage to stay your ground. The basic rule is "Strongest will survive" or should i call it "Toughest will survive".

That's why people are using armored trucks to move around. Trucks or the whole convoy of armored vehicles. Cars are not that impressive, to be honest. Armor is makeshift, you know, metal plates, wires and mounted guns. But this is more than enough to stay competetive in this place and avoid unforeseen guests during your journey.

The place lives with oil. Classic! I counted atleast three oil fields and only two of them were in working condition. They are heavily guarded and of course nobody wanted me there. That's why i had to scope these places from the distance.
Well, time to move on...

Map with town names:

Spoiler

Map with locations names:

Spoiler

Legend:

Spoiler

Image's size is 7424x6768.

This is finished project and my first map. Im looking forward for advices and comments.
Credits to Chernarus map and Hard Truck Apocalypse for inspiration and help with town plannings.
Stuff i used: Paint 3D, paint.NET, Photoshop CS4.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 9 others like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Sanches: comments: Image is huge and has lots of detail, great first map!

Advice: Airports usually have only runways and taxiing lanes, make sure your runways are broader than taxiing lanes, and that they actually make sense the way air traffic works. Roads should also make sense, and a military base should have multiple access roads, if it's economical. Buildings should be closer to the roads, unless they have a front yard. Sandy shores are smooth, so always when you scale up, remember to smoothen the edges, unless you want them to be rugged. In that case its easier to use distortion tools. I know that was a lot of advice, and it seems I'm negative, but it's just friendly advice. I hope you can take it and become a great cartographer!

• Sanches likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Sanches, 2 weeks ago.

Advice: Airports usually have only runways and taxiing lanes, make sure your runways are broader than taxiing lanes, and that they actually make sense the way air traffic works. Roads should also make sense, and a military base should have multiple access roads, if it's economical. Buildings should be closer to the roads, unless they have a front yard. Sandy shores are smooth, so always when you scale up, remember to smoothen the edges, unless you want them to be rugged. In that case its easier to use distortion tools. I know that was a lot of advice, and it seems I'm negative, but it's just friendly advice. I hope you can take it and become a great cartographer!

Thanks for your comment, man! Don't worry, you don't sound negative or something. I will keep in mind stuff you said about military base and roads' width.

But i'd like to explain my vision regarding spaces between roads and houses. You see, i imagined this place to be somewhat wild with all that semi-weaponized trucks are going around (which i mentioned it in my original post). Like if there's a huge vehicle moving across the road, the last thing you'd want is to have your house close to the road.  You get it :p

• killdrivetheftvehicle likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago

Made this few months ago. I never finished it.

cSRUHDs.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, The_Anti-tragedy, assCRACK_98 and 6 others like this

Daikenki
  • Daikenki

Planet Buster

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago Edited by Daikenki, A week ago.

VICE CITY UPDATE V2

Expanded the Downtown area abit and changed the terrain so it looks like it belongs there, also added some towns up north cause why not

QG5jmc8.jpg

full image for the sexy aliased smoothness

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

https://i.imgur.com/bVzmfwh.jpg

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy and 12 others like this

Digweg
  • Digweg

Junior Cartographer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Whoa! This is actually really good. The detail is amazing.

Really nice first map! :^:

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

This map is the best I've seen so far. Yes, it's a mashup of older city maps with no changes, but as a concept, it'd truly be a grand achievement if R* attempted to do something on this scale. Reality is, I don't think we'd ever see a map on this scale and the maximum we'll get is a two-city map. I also don't believe in quantity if quality isn't the priority, which is the mantra for Rockstar Games.  

DaniLekBom
  • DaniLekBom

Brazilian Mapmaker

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Fan-Made Map 2016 [GTA San Andreas 2016]

Posted 6 days ago Edited by DaniLekBom, 6 days ago.

GTA VICE CITY 2017 2018 update 2

I am back after a long time  :colgate:

(big image below)

Spoiler

It's been 5 months since the 1st update, yeah I know, it took to long, I am sorry. But here it is:

-Cottonmouth is about 80% finished;

-Vice City is finished;

-Added land to the north;

-Added a few smaller towns around the map;

-More roads. 

So I wanted to say, congrats to all the new mapmakers around! Lots of amazing maps!

(English for my bad sorry)

I just hope I can finish this map this year.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 9 others like this

lolznc
  • lolznc

not of Themyscira

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago Edited by lolznc, 6 days ago.

Cor, been a while ain't it? Not much has been going on in Blackwater OR Benedinta, mostly cos:

A: Haven't felt like it

and especially B: Benedinta/Trimont is just TOO hecking big. I'm probably gonna have to do a bit of shrinking of both island and city if I return to that (which I may well do, cos honestly really liking that map's vibes). Here's a link to an image of the whole map as of now, scaled down 50%. Pretty big, and that isn't even all the island. But whatevs.

In the memetime, I'm got some updates for Blackwater. First up, the "second city" of the map, (loosely) based on a real city further up the Mississippi from St. Louis. Might be called Alton, but I can't be bothered to look it up tbh.

oLp4Dms.png

And as for Blackwater itself, the main change is the railroad route. I always felt the railroad on the old version looked a bit.....well, sh*t. Much happier with the route of this one.

Skvbv88.png

Not overly exciting, but eh send your complaints by carrier pigeon. k thx bye

E: Dang that's a darn good Vice you got there, pardner! *tilts cowboy hat*

(sorry, weird mood today)

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 7 others like this

Samobella
  • Samobella

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Samobella, 2 days ago.

Hi! I'm new here at the GTAFourms, (as you can see from my join date) and I thought I could get into GTA Mapmaking! I own a few GTA games, so I'm a little familiar with the subject. Here's my first map.

I've made a map of the City of Columbia, or CC. (Based off Washington D.C) I've started with making Fort Jersey, based off the real-life Fort Lesley J. McNair.

0abhzvU.png

Here's a picture of the entire map.

vGczJBd.png

Maybe too ambitious? I'll probably give up halfway.

• Carmain, Ivan1997GTA, DaniLekBom and 1 other like this

JackDA
  • JackDA

GTA Map-Maker (Kinda...)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 hours ago

Quick update, I am still working on my GTA: America Remastered map, I can't update it now but I will update it soon. I've created about 20 cities so far and have about 30-40 to go so i'm in it for the long run lol.

Keep mapmaking everyone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users