GTA Mapmaking

4,222 replies to this topic
Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:10 PM Edited by Daitojo97, 08 February 2017 - 07:10 PM.

Edit: New Page.

I've tried this but as I zoom in more streets appear and I could redraw and redraw but eventually I got frustrated with it.

Wish there was some faster way to do it.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:22 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 08 February 2017 - 07:36 PM.

The way I use it is: I take screenshots, and then resize and enhance colors in paint.net. Then you can zoom into the picture, and there won't be any pop up streets.

View n:o 4: (Click it to see full scale)

e0RYiXE.jpg

• Djeli, EarthGaia, JackDA and 2 others like this

Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

Hmmn well I barely have any experience drawing maps... But oh well...

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Megalopolis Megalomaniac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

Anywhere City HD Concept Part VII

I've managed to finish up the East Anywhere City District, and now one step closer to having the whole map finished! The Residential District is the final district
I'll be working on, however, I'm going to also make progress on other important infrastructure such as the railroads, subway system, and elevated rail system.
Exclusive to the East Anywhere City District will also be a monorail system (a combination of city-wide corruption and popular opposition keeps the monorail
out of areas where people could really benefit from it, i.e. the Downtown District).
I welcome any comments and criticism.

• universetwisters, Roger Cheeto, Ivan1997GTA and 3 others like this

Daitojo97
  • Daitojo97

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

Damn that is one gigantic map you got there! :O

• DimitriFaustin likes this

QED
  • QED

Proud Kekistani Soldier

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

I've managed to finish up the East Anywhere City District, and now one step closer to having the whole map finished! The Residential District is the final district
I'll be working on, however, I'm going to also make progress on other important infrastructure such as the railroads, subway system, and elevated rail system.
Exclusive to the East Anywhere City District will also be a monorail system (a combination of city-wide corruption and popular opposition keeps the monorail
out of areas where people could really benefit from it, i.e. the Downtown District).

I'd pay serious money to see this converted into an actual map.

• Roger Cheeto, Ivan1997GTA, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Megalopolis Megalomaniac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, when the whole map of the immediate Anywhere City region is complete, the size will be 7700x6500. It definitely is huge.

- snip -

I'm glad and appreciative that you like my map as well.  :colgate: 

I'd like to see a return of Anywhere City myself (GTA 2 being my favourite GTA) but the chances are unfortunately next to nothing.

• Ivan1997GTA and Daitojo97 like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, when the whole map of the immediate Anywhere City region is complete, the size will be 7700x6500. It definitely is huge.

- snip -

I'm glad and appreciative that you like my map as well.  :colgate: 
I'd like to see a return of Anywhere City myself (GTA 2 being my favourite GTA) but the chances are unfortunately next to nothing.
I LOVE the map, and yeah, a future GTA game set in HD Anywhere City would be awesome.
  • Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:38 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 15 February 2017 - 07:25 PM.

View n:o 5: (Click it to see full scale)

F6LtBq1.jpg

This is the whole map: GTA World (click it to see full scale)

yPIeFMq.jpg

@RedDagger: this is finished now, so if you would be so kind and add it to the first post, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Thanks!

• RedDagger, The_Anti-tragedy, SweetToadette01 and 12 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:28 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 15 February 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been caught up with some personal and technical problems, but who the hell cares!? Here's the map:

o1H6sFf.png

Started working on Algonquin and Bohan, Bohan's bridge is done and I added a new avenue, it will run behind the appartment complex where Elizabeta used to live, and on the other side it will have warehouses. Started working on a small part above Long Island, which will be a Golf Course (Based on Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point) and started Carcer's suburbs. Next I will work on Uptown Clover City by the airport.

If you guys have any points of interest to put between the 3 cities, tell me. The only thing I have planned is a small town by Carcer's bay based on Cleveland.

Edit: I may add an abandoned mall on that city inspired by the former Randall Park Mall.

Tiny note: I marked where the Highways will be, it will be revealed on the next update when I polish them a bit more.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy and 12 others like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Megalopolis Megalomaniac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

Anywhere City HD Concept Part VIII

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I've got some progress on the Residential District to share with you all here. Unfortunately, the bad
news is that I've put work on the railroad/subway/elevated rail/monorail systems on temporary hold but I will explain: I want to have a "final draft" of the map that's just roads
and highways before I drastically alter the map to include the mass transit and railroad systems on the map. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience this causes.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on this map so far, and what I could do to improve it.

• Ivan1997GTA, LincolnClay and DOUGL4S1 like this

_0YELK0_
  • _0YELK0_

'Summoner I need more.. lets go collect'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:28 PM Edited by _0YELK0_, 17 February 2017 - 02:39 PM.

Well here it is... my first ever completed map. I present...

Fernbase County

3NXHIBo.png

Iv'e finally finished this map, and i'm really proud. My main struggle with this was contemplating whether this map shall be landlocked or not (which it kinda still is), and the forests, but it turned out alright. I really enjoyed making this map and I thank everyone who showed support and gave feedback, it really helps. I would of posted an update in between the time I post this and the time of my last update, but I was busy with school and such.

I hope I can make my future maps as detailed as this, and maybe even redo this in the future, or incorporate into my own GTA America, if I make one.

I may remind you that this was made from the help of Transformers: The Game maps you can find here: http://www.xboxachie...ead.php?t=30799

If you have any questions with this map, feel free to ask, I'll take criticism.

Also, I haven't forgotten about GTA Australia. It will be redone to be more detailed and to adopt the skills I have learned making this map. That, and a remaster of an old map of mine you can find on this topic will be my next maps i'll be working on.

Change log:

-Forests

-Farms

-Train Tracks

-New mountains (I suck at the mountains, no offence lolznc but i'll definitely get better.)

-Finished Desert

-A bunch of other sh*t I can't be bothered putting in

-Finished the map

Enjoy!

Fernbase County with labels:

TQSJloN.png

And more labels:

Spoiler
  • killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 9 others like this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

“Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:55 PM Edited by RedDagger, 18 February 2017 - 12:52 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/Uxdf5tS.png
http://i.imgur.com/VRK7Z78.png

THANK YOU! My favorite city in GTA may be Liberty City, because I've lived in New York so it feels familiar, but Anywhere City is probably a close second. I feel they should've done more with it than an old game and a few references to the city in newer installments. I'm honestly shocked there wasn't a ton of easter eggs pertaining to Anywhere in V, considering the fact that both games take place in 2013, I believe. I think the map looks really cool, and I'm excited to see the finished product. I think if Rockstar makes a game with multiple locations, Anywhere should definitely be a city, though I'm not sure if they'd do it with a single city, as most player now-a-days are little kids that can't even tell you what GTA IV was about, because the only GTA they've ever known was V.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been caught up with some personal and technical problems, but who the hell cares!? Here's the map:
-map-
Started working on Algonquin and Bohan, Bohan's bridge is done and I added a new avenue, it will run behind the appartment complex where Elizabeta used to live, and on the other side it will have warehouses. Started working on a small part above Long Island, which will be a Golf Course (Based on Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point) and started Carcer's suburbs. Next I will work on Uptown Clover City by the airport.

If you guys have any points of interest to put between the 3 cities, tell me. The only thing I have planned is a small town by Carcer's bay based on Cleveland.

Edit: I may add an abandoned mall on that city inspired by the former Randall Park Mall.

Tiny note: I marked where the Highways will be, it will be revealed on the next update when I polish them a bit more.

Your concept of southern Liberty looks sick! However, I think you should add Long and Jones Beach, two important locations in real Long Island, and bodies of water (man-made and natural) are also important features of the island you should add.
  • Ivan1997GTA, DimitriFaustin and DOUGL4S1 like this

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:59 PM Edited by RedDagger, 18 February 2017 - 12:52 AM.

Well here it is... my first ever completed map. I present...
Fernbase County
-map-

Iv'e finally finished this map, and i'm really proud. My main struggle with this was contemplating whether this map shall be landlocked or not (which it kinda still is), and the forests, but it turned out alright. I really enjoyed making this map and I thank everyone who showed support and gave feedback, it really helps. I would of posted an update in between the time I post this and the time of my last update, but I was busy with school and such.

I hope I can make my future maps as detailed as this, and maybe even redo this in the future, or incorporate into my own GTA America, if I make one.

I may remind you that this was made from the help of Transformers: The Game maps you can find here: http://www.xboxachie...ead.php?t=30799
If you have any questions with this map, feel free to ask, I'll take criticism.

Also, I haven't forgotten about GTA Australia. It will be redone to be more detailed and to adopt the skills I have learned making this map. That, and a remaster of an old map of mine you can find on this topic will be my next maps i'll be working on.

Change log:
-Forests
-Farms
-Train Tracks
-New mountains (I suck at the mountains, no offence lolznc but i'll definitely get better.)
-Finished Desert
-A bunch of other sh*t I can't be bothered putting in
-Finished the map

Enjoy!

Fernbase County with labels:
-map-

And more labels:

Spoiler

Nice one. I can't work on my map because I've got too much sh*t going on with my life.
  • _0YELK0_ likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:02 PM Edited by RedDagger, 18 February 2017 - 12:52 AM.

-globe-

-map-

@RedDagger: this is finished now, so if you would be so kind and add it to the first post, I'd appreciate it.

That feel when your country is just some rural areas with a capital city.

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Megalopolis Megalomaniac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Uxdf5tS.png
http://i.imgur.com/VRK7Z78.png

THANK YOU! My favorite city in GTA may be Liberty City, because I've lived in New York so it feels familiar, but Anywhere City is probably a close second. I feel they should've done more with it than an old game and a few references to the city in newer installments. I'm honestly shocked there wasn't a ton of easter eggs pertaining to Anywhere in V, considering the fact that both games take place in 2013, I believe. I think the map looks really cool, and I'm excited to see the finished product. I think if Rockstar makes a game with multiple locations, Anywhere should definitely be a city, though I'm not sure if they'd do it with a single city, as most player now-a-days are little kids that can't even tell you what GTA IV was about, because the only GTA they've ever known was V.
Well, I must say I'm really glad that you too like my Anywhere City concept! This Anywhere City is indeed set in 2013 as well (I'm part of the 2013 GTA 2 crowd as well, but that's another story)
and I think that GTA 2 is criminally underrated. Unfortunately, I guess because it's one of the top-down GTAs that the whole "cyberpunk meets retro-futurism meets noir meets criminal wasteland
and visionary darkness" thing about it gets greatly overlooked. It's also disappointing like you said that there's GTA "fans" who think either V or IV or San Andreas or III are the first GTA.
By the way, your "Freedom and Opression For All" concept is magnificent and I'm really excited to see what it has in store!
  • Ivan1997GTA and Holden Caulfield like this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:59 AM Edited by NotNikoBellicATALL, 22 February 2017 - 03:56 PM.

Thanks! Yeah, I haven't had that many opportunities to play the top-down GTAs, but they were fun when I did! I also feel the idea of earning and losing respect from gangs was a great idea, and I hate that they didn't try to implement it into other games. I always felt some inspiration was taken from that when developing Bully, though that system works somewhat different. In my topic for the concept I'm planning on implementing Anywhere City as an unlockable location in one of the chapters, as I'm using my idea of an HD era Zaibatsu as an antagonistic faction in the concept. Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish the chapter titles and short synopsis for each, and get to work on the mission list.

• Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:01 PM

-globe-

-map-

That feel when your country is just some rural areas with a capital city.

I know how you feel. But seriously, what did you expect?

JackDA
  • JackDA

GTA Map-Maker (Kinda...)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:22 AM Edited by JackDA, 19 February 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Small update on my GTA USA map, as I am still working on it. I have created 18 cities so far on my map but there is still a lot to do. However, I will not be updating it until it is finished. I plan on making 50 to 60 cities on my map since the US is huge, and my map is at least double the size of my last GTA USA map. If there are any suggestions you want to give for my map, it would be much appreciated. Thats is for now, expect some more news soon.

• SweetToadette01, Ivan1997GTA, _0YELK0_ and 4 others like this

Jack_G_
  • Jack_G_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

6QoUOcD.jpgThis is a map concept i've been working on for the past week. Here it is! 

• killdrivetheftvehicle, The_Anti-tragedy, SweetToadette01 and 8 others like this

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

6QoUOcD.jpgThis is a map concept i've been working on for the past week. Here it is! 

The first thing i said upon seeing it was "WOAH", literally, in English.

Map looks cool, but why would the tiny southern part of Bohan be called just "Bohan" while the northern parts are "Upper Bohan", you should've at least named the just "Bohan" part "Lower Bohan".

Same for Dukes.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

Nice map! I like the detail put into it it, and the enhancements put onto the original parts of the map, however I feel the location of the mountains is a bit odd considering the area, but other than that it was great.

• killdrivetheftvehicle and universetwisters like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:04 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 22 February 2017 - 04:04 PM.

The first thing i said upon seeing it was "WOAH", literally, in English.
Map looks cool, but why would the tiny southern part of Bohan be called just "Bohan" while the northern parts are "Upper Bohan", you should've at least named the just "Bohan" part "Lower Bohan".
Same for Dukes.

Or called the "Upper Dukes" part "Schlong Island".

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:30 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 23 February 2017 - 04:33 PM.

1I9lkvW.png

Clover City's Northern suburbs are starting to take shape! And on Northern Algonquin, I'll extend Union Drive West to the North to mimmick Henry Hudson Pkwy. to what will be North Bohan. Also, a rough outline of where the main highways will be, but it could (and probably will) be changed. Oh, and a Long Beach-esque part was added to Long Island, I didn't have space for the other beach.

Once again, I'd like suggestions to what to place in between the cities, like famous landmarks and stuff.

• universetwisters, SweetToadette01, Ivan1997GTA and 3 others like this

DaniLekBom
  • DaniLekBom

Brazilian Mapmaker

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Fan-Made Map 2016 [GTA San Andreas 2016]

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:00 PM Edited by DaniLekBom, 23 February 2017 - 05:02 PM.

MAP

Clover City's Northern suburbs are starting to take shape! And on Northern Algonquin, I'll extend Union Drive West to the North to mimmick Henry Hudson Pkwy. to what will be North Bohan. Also, a rough outline of where the main highways will be, but it could (and probably will) be changed. Oh, and a Long Beach-esque part was added to Long Island, I didn't have space for the other beach.

Once again, I'd like suggestions to what to place in between the cities, like famous landmarks and stuff.

Tá ficando incrível o mapa! A sugestão que tenho é você ver no google ou sei lá onde, lugares famosos do estado de Nova York, Boston, e arredores, e também google maps, é muito útil. Ai você vê os lugares que se destacam e coloca a versão GTAlizada no seu mapa. E também umas fazendas e plantações no interior, tipo Grapessed. E só mais um bagulho, você é norte coreano? o.O arruma ae sla

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:07 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 23 February 2017 - 05:08 PM.

MAP

Tá ficando incrível o mapa! A sugestão que tenho é você ver no google ou sei lá onde, lugares famosos do estado de Nova York, Boston, e arredores, e também google maps, é muito útil. Ai você vê os lugares que se destacam e coloca a versão GTAlizada no seu mapa. E também umas fazendas e plantações no interior, tipo Grapessed. E só mais um bagulho, você é norte coreano? o.O arruma ae sla

So BR de coração, mas olha o queixo do Kim, quem consegue resistir aquilo? E se pa ele é melhor que o PT.

So botei um pais random de zoas...

• DaniLekBom likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:23 PM Edited by RedDagger, 23 February 2017 - 09:51 PM.

Heyo, just a heads up that this is an English speaking forum so please use English in yer posts, there's the international section for non-English stuff :)

DaniLekBom
  • DaniLekBom

Brazilian Mapmaker

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Fan-Made Map 2016 [GTA San Andreas 2016]

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:24 PM Edited by DaniLekBom, 23 February 2017 - 10:25 PM.

Heyo, just a heads up that this is an English speaking forum so please use English in yer posts, there's the international section for non-English stuff :)

Ok sorry. Just felt comfortable enough to speak portuguese with another Brazilian.

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Nishinoya

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

I need some help, I don't know how to make a map, I'm looking for someone expert of mapmaking.

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

I need some help, I don't know how to make a map, I'm looking for someone expert of mapmaking.

It's not hard, all you have to do is drawing the landmass and colouring it then drawing cities and roads on it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users