GTA Mapmaking

4,324 replies to this topic
UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Maker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

I just got Cities Skylines.  I may try something like this.

• ivarblaauw and AboveTheLawHD like this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

I just got Cities Skylines.  I may try something like this.

I've got it too :)

• ivarblaauw likes this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloi eloi lama sabachthani

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:18 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Seventy Six | Revamped, Update 2

v2_2.jpg

Changes:

More Detailed San Fierro

Added streets to South San Fierro

Added San Fierro Airport's Outline and roads

San Andreas Lake's location changed

Light brown parts are Mountains

• The_Anti-tragedy, Ivan1997GTA, CRAZY AL WARD and 4 others like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

Just for all of you who wonder why I haven't given a map update in a long while:
I just started Higher College and it takes up quite a lot of time. I also want to spent some time with my friends and gaming, so I haven't gotten around to work further on my map of California.

Don't worry, I will try to start working on it as soon as I feel ready to do it :)

I have seen quite the nice maps here by the way! Love the Dex City map and the San Fierro one, although the placement of the countryside is still a "QUE?" for me.
Cities Skylines is also a great way to create maps. Have created my own (HUGE) city, and it all worked. (Well, my pc died, so not everything worked as it should have...)
  • The_Anti-tragedy, Jezus Holy Christ, AboveTheLawHD and 1 other like this

[email protected]_
  • [email protected]_

>nothing to see here<

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

and that's pretty much my problem too  :)

sorry but i've been busy last week, here is the update for my Vespucci city map, as i promised.

i wanted to keep the same simplistic style for the main land.

so that's it, remember that it's my first map, and if you wonna leave a like that would be awesome  :^:  :^:  :^:

2q8ax7d.jpg

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 9 others like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:58 AM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 07 September 2016 - 08:58 AM.

Grand Theft Auto: Seventy Six | Version 2, Update 3

v2_3.jpg

What's New?

Started Pineland and its surroundings

San Fierro and South San Fierro are complete

Note:

Don't judge Pineland's size by its main road's shape. It's bigger and you'll understand it when the side roads are added. Also, San Fierro lacked very small details so seeing the updated parts of it may take a little time because you should compare it to the last update.

BTW, I'd be happy if you leave you some feedback about this map, because it's my first made-from-scratch map and I'd like to know about the level of my skills. The map is made in Photoshop, if you didn't already know.

• The_Anti-tragedy, Blue, Ivan1997GTA and 3 others like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

sorry but i've been busy last week, here is the update for my Vespucci city map, as i promised.

so that's it, remember that it's my first map, and if you wonna leave a like that would be awesome  :^:  :^:  :^:

Wow, absolutely amazing! I just want to be able to steal a Gondel and row around.

For real though; for a first map it is stunning! Great job!

What's New?

Note:
Don't judge Pineland's size by its main road's shape. It's bigger and you'll understand it when the side roads are added. Also, San Fierro lacked very small details so seeing the updated parts of it may take a little time because you should compare it to the last update.

BTW, I'd be happy if you leave you some feedback about this map, because it's my first made-from-scratch map and I'd like to know about the level of my skills. The map is made in Photoshop, if you didn't already know.

I like your map, not per se the placement of the islands (why islands?!), but more how you looked at the city. All the details are amazing. Certainly like worthy!

I do have a question; why three islands? Why not like gifbrah's map? Make it one large island, but with a large harbor inland? I just don't see how this fits into the GTA V's vibe?
But, as I said before; I love the details and the city, so great job on that one! I look forward to your progress!

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:41 PM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 07 September 2016 - 12:42 PM.

I like your map, not per se the placement of the islands (why islands?!), but more how you looked at the city. All the details are amazing. Certainly like worthy!

I do have a question; why three islands? Why not like gifbrah's map? Make it one large island, but with a large harbor inland? I just don't see how this fits into the GTA V's vibe?
But, as I said before; I love the details and the city, so great job on that one! I look forward to your progress!

The reason I'm using three islands is the real-life position of San Francisco and also the famous landmark of the city: Golden Gate Bridge. Making a single-island San Francisco-based map is really hard because of that single reason. I remember in GTA SA, they had fixed it with a very narrow piece of useless land but even then, having the famous bridge there made the game feel epic, even though it didn't lead to a logically reasonable destination.

I actually wanted to make the eastern island (Pineland) bigger so it would have countryside in its southern part and connected to South San Fierro through the countryside, but the overall shape felt too San-Andreas-2-ish.

Also, the reason I'm insisting on having the huge countryside and three smaller cities (South San Fierro, Pineland, Sofia Valley) in addition to San Fierro, is mostly because I'm planning to use this in my next concept thread and these locations are used in the story.

A question from "Cities Skylines" owners: Is it easy-to-use? I mean, does it have a gameplay like Minecraft or can we just start mapping right after installing it?

rogbel
  • rogbel

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:34 PM Edited by rogbel, 07 September 2016 - 01:35 PM.

A question from "Cities Skylines" owners: Is it easy-to-use? I mean, does it have a gameplay like Minecraft or can we just start mapping right after installing it?

Not Minecraft. It's a city builder game, like SimCity.

You can start mapping the terrain right after installing the game, "Tools -> Terrain Editor". Once the terrain is done, you start a new game with it and start building the city itself. As it's a city builder game, there are of course limitations like money and such, but there are toggleable Infinite Money and Everything Unlocked mods in the vanilla game so that shouldn't be a problem.

• Jezus Holy Christ likes this

[email protected]_
  • [email protected]_

>nothing to see here<

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

Wow, absolutely amazing! I just want to be able to steal a Gondel and row around.

For real though; for a first map it is stunning! Great job!

What's New?

Note:

thanks a lot! 

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

IM BACK!

after months away i finally i got a laptop again, barely worked on my map, not much changes after the last time, just "chiseled" microcospíc details but i just wanted to post this to prove i don't plan to quit:

AdsHWI7.png

Blah blah blah Washington DC blah blah blah I'll appreciate any kind of feedback or criticism whatsoever.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, universetwisters, LibertyKing and 13 others like this

[email protected]_
  • [email protected]_

>nothing to see here<

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:34 PM Edited by RedDagger, 07 September 2016 - 11:59 PM.

IM BACK!
after months away i finally i got a laptop again, barely worked on my map, not much changes after the last time, just "chiseled" microcospíc details but i just wanted to post this to prove i don't plan to quit:

-snippidity snip-

Blah blah blah Washington DC blah blah blah I'll appreciate any kind of feedback or criticism whatsoever.

Wow, i wish i could do that (even if i don't think i'm gonna make very detailed maps, whatsoever)
  • The Deadite likes this

denzal689
  • denzal689

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:52 AM

Update 3 on my first map, Toledo, Ohio. As of now, I've decided on a final name (maybe), Lagrange (first name was Lafayette). I did my one-minute-research, so I know there's a small town called "LaGrange", but whatever; the name I chose is named after the street of the same name and spelling (no capital G) in Toledo.

Toledo_map.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, The_Anti-tragedy, _0YELK0_ and 2 others like this

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

Future Architect & Earth Bending Expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:59 AM Edited by Chaserrrrs, 08 September 2016 - 02:55 PM.

IM BACK!

-pic-

YES IM SO GLAD YOURE BACK
  • The Deadite likes this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:53 PM Edited by AboveTheLawHD, 08 September 2016 - 03:23 PM.

Florida Map #4

Vice City (Half of it)

Haven't posted a map in a while so here it is...

Ho4c6ha.png

Click on the image to get rid of the blurriness, I need to fix that : (

So I have almost completed Vice City, just got to finish the west side. Hopefully I ain't missing anything big from the map so far. Hopefully I can bring you the finished Vice City later this week, so I can work on other locations within Florida!

Many iconic locations within Vice City return including Leaf Links, Starfish Island and more if you look closely (;

Map Link: http://abovethelawhd...-2D-4-633265903

Edit 1: Working on getting rid of the blurriness

Edit 2: Image messed up / saved in the wrong format tried sharpening

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy and 6 others like this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:30 PM Edited by ChoosyCircle, 08 September 2016 - 05:33 PM.

v2_3.jpg

What's New?

Note:

So far so good,I understand the islands and the size and hope to see it develop more in future, which I know it will

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

Capital State: Part 1 (Rainier 2.0) - Update #4

XI2lLRq.png
Click on the map above to see the huge version.

With this update, you can see a new watermark. Decided to replace it with the previous one, because the map I'm making is (or is not) for a GTA concept thread I may create in the (further) future.
  • Kyle17, LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy and 9 others like this

ZxZx
  • ZxZx

ZxBoy23

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:34 AM

Here is another map made by me: GTA Zarex State7yBaUvQ.png

Here's a map made by me: GTA Nepaleez State

This map is the map of my country Nepal.

#mynationmyprideGSZshci.png

• The_Anti-tragedy, _0YELK0_, AboveTheLawHD and 1 other like this

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:09 PM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 10 September 2016 - 12:15 PM.

Grand Theft Auto: Seventy Six | Version 2, Update 4

v2_4.jpg

This is almost complete.

Progress check:

San Fierro - 100%

South San Fierro - 100%

Pineland - 100%

Pine County - 80%

Gant Recreation Area, Sofia Valley and Dickens Beach - 60%

As you may have noticed, Pineland will be somewhere like GTA 3's Shoreside Vale, LC. It contains the U.S.A.P (University of San Andreas in Pineland) and parks and country clubs and some landmarks from Oakland. Its a twist of Berkeley and Oakland as I had said before.  A part of the San Fierro Bay Area is also there.

There are also two small villages in east of Pineland.

EDIT: Forgot to say this. The small town in south of SF and west of South SF, is called Pizarro.

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, Blue and 3 others like this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

This looks amazing

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

Phnx, did you say your map was Washington D.C?

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

No, it's Seattle.
  • (Ambient) likes this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:44 PM Edited by ChoosyCircle, 10 September 2016 - 04:44 PM.

Ah ok thanks

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

No, it's Seattle.

I'm planning SeaTac and Tacoma as well.  :pp

• Ivan1997GTA and AboveTheLawHD like this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:53 PM Edited by ChoosyCircle, 10 September 2016 - 05:56 PM.

Cool, makes sense I was thinking it was Washington D.C, always get it mixed up with the state of Washington

Be cool to see the space needle in a gta game

_0YELK0_
  • _0YELK0_

'Summoner I need more.. lets go collect'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:27 AM Edited by _0YELK0_, 11 September 2016 - 09:31 AM.

Small update on GTA Australia

OWXVGkw.png

Also, GTA Australia without 'river borders'

7ROvQ0k.png

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy and 6 others like this

Blue
  • Blue

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Seventy Six | Version 2, Update 4

-snip-

This is almost complete.

Progress check:

San Fierro - 100%

South San Fierro - 100%

Pineland - 100%

Pine County - 80%

Gant Recreation Area, Sofia Valley and Dickens Beach - 60%

As you may have noticed, Pineland will be somewhere like GTA 3's Shoreside Vale, LC. It contains the U.S.A.P (University of San Andreas in Pineland) and parks and country clubs and some landmarks from Oakland. Its a twist of Berkeley and Oakland as I had said before.  A part of the San Fierro Bay Area is also there.

There are also two small villages in east of Pineland.

EDIT: Forgot to say this. The small town in south of SF and west of South SF, is called Pizarro.

Amazing! Still saving money to go to the actual San Francisco some time. It'll be a dream come true. :')

• Jezus Holy Christ likes this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:44 PM Edited by RedDagger, 12 September 2016 - 02:59 AM.

-snip-

Saw first photo, though it was the whole map, saw second photo, proved wrong
  • _0YELK0_ likes this

_0YELK0_
  • _0YELK0_

'Summoner I need more.. lets go collect'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:59 PM Edited by _0YELK0_, 12 September 2016 - 01:01 PM.

-snip-

Saw first photo, though it was the whole map, saw second photo, proved wrong

I may go back and make individual maps for each city or state with greater detail after i've finished the main country.

• AboveTheLawHD likes this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:30 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 13 September 2016 - 07:30 PM.

Here's another update on gta world: europe

gta_europe_1.7_zpsqgnkd1pq.jpg

• DS 17, LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy and 7 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users