4,222 replies to this topic
lolznc
  • lolznc

meh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Coxborough, 1977

Damp, gritty, ugly. Welcome to the 70's. Welcome to England.

Spoiler

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, JStarr31 and 8 others like this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:04 PM Edited by AboveTheLawHD, 31 May 2016 - 05:09 PM.

Terré World Map  

The Something Big Update #12

terre_world_map_labelled_v2_by_abovethel

Changes:

• A LOT

Hey everyone! new update today with a new map expansion! I was very busy the past couple of days but had to post a update : )

A lot of stuff has been added as shown above. Check out the Roadmap to view the map without the labels, make sure to zoom in. Anyway that's everything from me cya!

Roadmap:

Spoiler

Image broken / Not loading? 

http://abovethelawhd...ed-V2-612382937- Terré World Map Labelled V2 Link

http://abovethelawhd...d-Map-604595342- Terré World Map Live Link

• killdrivetheftvehicle, The_Anti-tragedy, JStarr31 and 8 others like this

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:51 PM Edited by JStarr31, 01 June 2016 - 06:38 PM.

Spoiler

Also, if we are looking at Rockstar canon, Texas would still be called Texas as it is mentioned on the internet in GTA 4.

Anyways, I have finished most of South San Andreas, just need to work on the rest. I also resized San Fierro to make it more realistic. I also need to change some things around with Sacramento, Fresno and San Jose, but that's about it. Also, if you're asking why I named Nevada "Robada", it is because in GTA San Andreas, Tierra Robada is based on Sierra Nevada in real life. I also reccomend people who are trying to pick a name for Nevada to use Robada, as it is most likely the name for Nevada.

EDIT: Image will be up in a sec.
@JackDA:
Spoiler

I want to ask everybody 2 quick questions/opinions....

Who do you think should get a basketball team:
A. Flat Iron Torpedoes / Houston Rockets
B. Wilbur Yellow Jackets / Charlotte Hornets

&

Which name should I choose for the North Erie / Cleveland team?:
A. Gladiators
B. Foresters
C. Squires

Help me decide....

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

Future Architect & Earth Bending Expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

Hey guys! I have some bad news. My map is being put on a slight hold for right now. My room is undergoing a renovation right now, and I've recently got a job, but I'll till try to bring map content in as much as I can.
  • JStarr31, _0YELK0_ and AboveTheLawHD like this

DoggoIsGay
  • DoggoIsGay

Thug

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Under construction:

The city named Buddyloce. This is the map but still in progress

7k8JnhP.jpg

Buddyloce, a few modern city and science building

• killdrivetheftvehicle, The_Anti-tragedy, MakeAmericaGreatAgain and 5 others like this

jumpingmeatloaf
  • jumpingmeatloaf

Well that was a load of sh*t

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

I also used all provided R* canon and "thinking" for city names and to map this out (like Yankton being the Canadian border, Bully, stats, etc.. I was even able to include the "Four Corners" landmark) So as much as the states and overall shape may look like actual America, trust me, it looks NOTHING like actual America... Kinda how R* does it (I'd like to believe at least lol).... So here she is:

If you're using Rockstar canon, Florida is still Florida, not Flores, also Alderney is a separate state from Liberty City or the State of Liberty
....and there's a South Yankton as well... Fully aware...

State of Liberty is the wikia name... Everybody should stop getting their info from GTA wikia... Most of it is wrong and it's just fans adding what they feel is canon, ex: Sasquatch Creek in SA is NOT the name of the river between Back 'o Beyond and Whetstone, it's called Shady Creek but not according to GTA Wikia be cuz fans renamed it due to the Bigfoot conspiracies (which were fake as well)

Common knowledge that VC was a reskin of III and quickly made... Most ppl (especially then) attributed the naming of Florida as an oversight/developer neglect.... Nobody holds that as canon... I'm pretty sure R* is going to rename "Florida" to something else if VC was redone... (Not necessarily Flores)

As for Alderney... We never got confirmation if whether or not that IS in fact ALL of Alderney or if it's just its LC metropolitan area (like in RL, Newark is part of NY metro... Part of Jersey is called West New York)... Until then, I figured welp, Alderney is just a part of New Liberty...

GTA Wikia is the worst... I suggest you play every GTA instead of wikia

I see your point about Alderney, but in GTA VC, it say's "the State of Florida". I also see your point on the laziness of R* in VC, I'm just going off what I've heard in the game.

• JStarr31 and Ivan1997GTA like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:51 AM

http://gtaforums.com...entry1068715788

Not really an update. I just added a small info about the city.

• AboveTheLawHD likes this

_0YELK0_
  • _0YELK0_

'Summoner I need more.. lets go collect'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:01 PM Edited by _0YELK0_, 04 June 2016 - 12:01 PM.

Hello, back again with another town West of the 'main city' that I've worked on for a while now (got no name for it yet). Anyway, here it is.

Changes:

-New town

-Extended beach West

bvXZhqw.png

• JStarr31, Android, ClaudX and 3 others like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

I also used all provided R* canon and "thinking" for city names and to map this out (like Yankton being the Canadian border, Bully, stats, etc.. I was even able to include the "Four Corners" landmark) So as much as the states and overall shape may look like actual America, trust me, it looks NOTHING like actual America... Kinda how R* does it (I'd like to believe at least lol).... So here she is:

If you're using Rockstar canon, Florida is still Florida, not Flores, also Alderney is a separate state from Liberty City or the State of Liberty

State of Liberty is the wikia name... Everybody should stop getting their info from GTA wikia... Most of it is wrong and it's just fans adding what they feel is canon, ex: Sasquatch Creek in SA is NOT the name of the river between Back 'o Beyond and Whetstone, it's called Shady Creek but not according to GTA Wikia be cuz fans renamed it due to the Bigfoot conspiracies (which were fake as well)

Common knowledge that VC was a reskin of III and quickly made... Most ppl (especially then) attributed the naming of Florida as an oversight/developer neglect.... Nobody holds that as canon... I'm pretty sure R* is going to rename "Florida" to something else if VC was redone... (Not necessarily Flores)

As for Alderney... We never got confirmation if whether or not that IS in fact ALL of Alderney or if it's just its LC metropolitan area (like in RL, Newark is part of NY metro... Part of Jersey is called West New York)... Until then, I figured welp, Alderney is just a part of New Liberty...

I see your point about Alderney, but in GTA VC, it say's "the State of Florida". I also see your point on the laziness of R* in VC, I'm just going off what I've heard in the game.

Alderney is in Guernsey (in a cutscene Jimmy Pegorino mentions Guernsey goombahs, therefore revealing thet the state they're in is called Guensey or New Guernsey, since Jersey is in common use for New Jersey), but yeah it might not represent Jersey City

• jumpingmeatloaf likes this

YungLive201
  • YungLive201

Pronounced [lahyv] not [liv]

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:47 PM Edited by YungLive201, 05 June 2016 - 05:48 PM.

Alderney is in Guernsey (in a cutscene Jimmy Pegorino mentions Guernsey goombahs, therefore revealing thet the state they're in is called Guensey or New Guernsey, since Jersey is in common use for New Jersey), but yeah it might not represent Jersey City

Think you're reading too deep into it. Most likely scenario is Alderney was originally going to be called Guernsey again, and that was just one of the lines they forgot to change. There's a few cases like that in IV when someone refers to somewhere or something by a different name, another example being Brucie calling the Statue of Happiness "Statue of Freedom". Alderney is the state itself, and what we see in IV is just a vague generalization of the areas of Jersey closest to Manhattan. Nothing more, nothing less.

jumpingmeatloaf
  • jumpingmeatloaf

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

Here's an update on Liberty City, I've finished the roads in Queens, and added roads to Staten Island and the Bronx. I've also added the JFK airport and parks. I'm going to finish the roads and add Long Island to the map. I really appreciate all the support and feedback!

Liberty City

2ymuonp.png

I used paint.net and google maps to create this map

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, Txeroki and 14 others like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Think you're reading too deep into it. Most likely scenario is Alderney was originally going to be called Guernsey again, and that was just one of the lines they forgot to change. There's a few cases like that in IV when someone refers to somewhere or something by a different name, another example being Brucie calling the Statue of Happiness "Statue of Freedom". Alderney is the state itself, and what we see in IV is just a vague generalization of the areas of Jersey closest to Manhattan. Nothing more, nothing less.

And how do you know this?

• JStarr31 likes this

_0YELK0_
  • _0YELK0_

'Summoner I need more.. lets go collect'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

Not much going on in this topic anymore. Wonder what's happened to it.

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:46 AM Edited by AboveTheLawHD, 09 June 2016 - 11:46 AM.

Yeah same I think that too. I'm just very busy, don't even have the time no-more.

• _0YELK0_ likes this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

Alright I'll show you guys the progress on my nameless map/cities.

http://postimg.org/i...wv5ivcih7/full/

Added:

-Another City with docks + airport

-Military Base

-Prison

-Drift Canyon

-Mountain Roads

-3 Small towns

-Lake + rivers

Working on:

-Desert area

-City in the desert

-Highway connections

-Drag Strip in desert

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, Android and 4 others like this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:15 PM Edited by AboveTheLawHD, 09 June 2016 - 07:12 PM.

Terré World Map  

The Countryside Update #13

terre_world_map_updated_by_abovethelawhd

Notable Changes

• More roads surprisingly!
  • Added new topographic / regional colouring
  • Slightly changed terrain (terrain and rivers)
  • Somewhat finished the settlement in the snow region
  • Completely new off-shore islands have been added, inspiration from a earlier Vice City Map (These islands I have named "Cape Ring")
  • New and altered motorway and interstate junctions

That's everything I can think off of my head. Hope you guys like the new additions! 

Image broken or not loading?

Current Live Link: 

http://abovethelawhd...dated-614239514

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, JStarr31 and 10 others like this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

Added some color to my map + a few details...

a287ed90df.png

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, Android and 9 others like this

MakeAmericaGreatAgain
  • MakeAmericaGreatAgain

British and Proud

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

Yeah same I think that too. I'm just very busy, don't even have the time no-more.

Same with me

jumpingmeatloaf
  • jumpingmeatloaf

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

Same with me

I've got finals right now so a lot of my time goes to studying

• MakeAmericaGreatAgain and AboveTheLawHD like this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

Same with me

I've got finals right now so a lot of my time goes to studying

Me too, a lot of deadlines to meet, so I spend some time studying now instead : (

• jumpingmeatloaf likes this

YungLive201
  • YungLive201

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:15 PM Edited by YungLive201, 11 June 2016 - 05:47 PM.

And how do you know this?

Simply from taking the information we've been given and putting it together in the most logical way. Throughout the guidebooks, instruction manual, the IV website, and in game dialogue, Alderney is referred to as an independent state. It hasn't been said anywhere that Alderney is an area within Guernsey. In fact the only time Guernsey is ever brought up is in that one scene, and it the dialogue dont really give any solid meaning on what Pegorino meant by that. Seeing that NJ was called New Guernsey in the first GTA, it's why I said "most likely" that line can be written off as beta content thats never been changed. That wouldnt be the only case after all, I've already talked about Brucie mentioning Statue of Freedom, but to give you another example, there's also a highway sign in Broker that still have 2 names of neighborhoods that wasn't included in final game called Hedgebury and Goatherd. I'm not just making up sh*t, you can google it or search for old topics on the forum taking about this stuff, because there's a ton of them.

So to expand on what I've said earlier, and also give JStar a bit of clarification, Alderney is indeed the state, and what we've gotten in IV is only a part of the state. Don't really need clarification to see that, it's common sense. After all, GTA V only shows a part of San Andreas, and we all know there's more to it. The neighborhoods in Alderney all all based on one or more of the NJ cities/towns closest to NYC within the metro area, that's all. And West New York is just a small town in Jersey that was lazily named. Doesn't make it apart of New York. Take it from someone who actually lives in the areas they tried to implement.

• PhillBellic, Mr. Fartenhate, Ivan1997GTA and 2 others like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

so, it's just speculation, just like mine. good to know.

YungLive201
  • YungLive201

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

You were passing it off as if it was a fact, and I corrected you on it. All there is to it.

• PhillBellic and Mr. Fartenhate like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

Sorry bro, I really wasn't and I'm sorry to find out you thougt that, because I thought I made it explicit that it was only a conclusion I made.

YungLive201
  • YungLive201

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:37 PM Edited by YungLive201, 12 June 2016 - 02:33 PM.

Well you may want to give your statement another look over, because there isn't any "explicit" indication that it was just speculation. Pretty sure I won't be the only one who think so.

I'm just saying.

tumblr_mnvv3xFmCG1s8ppr2o1_500.gif

• Mr. Fartenhate likes this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:14 PM Edited by AboveTheLawHD, 12 June 2016 - 04:15 PM.

Well you may want to give your statement another look over, because there isn't any "explicit" indication that it was just speculation. Pretty sure I won't be the only one who think so.

I'm just saying.

Why don't you guys just leave it at that. There's no need to further elaborate on it, killdrivetheftvehicle just made a personal conclusion. 

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

Some people just want to say the last word. Any ways I've been tinkering with gta world map, and here's the result. It's not finished as you can see.

gta_world_1.5_zpslmgchdhz.jpg

• LibertyKing, The_Anti-tragedy, SweetToadette01 and 14 others like this

Chaserrrrs
  • Chaserrrrs

Future Architect & Earth Bending Expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

So I have been working a little in the Washington/Canada area. Mainly working on Seattle and Vancouver. I'm giving Kyle17 full credit on the name for Seattle which is named Sapphire City. I've yet to come up with a name for Vancouver, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I6ywdxU.png

• Kyle17, killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing and 16 others like this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:49 PM Edited by AboveTheLawHD, 17 June 2016 - 06:11 PM.

Terré World Map  

The "Detailing" Update #14

terre_world_map_updated_by_abovethelawhd

Zoom of New Detailing

zoomed_terre_map_by_abovethelawhd-da6pub

Zoom of Cape Ring

zoom_2_by_abovethelawhd-da6puwm.png

Notable Changes

• Added more roads! (Mountain roads, paths and tunnels)
  • Fixed several roads!
  • Changed terrain such as land, water etc
  • Added details such as buildings and more!

I think that's everything, enjoy!

The map is really big, big changes on the map look really tiny : (  , but I will continue to update.  :lol:

expect to see a large Bay City soon and a Military Base!

Image broken or not loading?

Current Live Link: 

http://abovethelawhd...dated-614239514

• killdrivetheftvehicle, LibertyKing, RedDagger and 8 others like this

Blue
  • Blue

I'd much rather keep on the balaclava

• Facade Corporation
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

Some people just want to say the last word. Any ways I've been tinkering with gta world map, and here's the result. It's not finished as you can see.

gta_world_1.5_zpslmgchdhz.jpg

Portugal smaller than San Andreas? rip

Great job, nonetheless.

• BlackScout likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users