Quantcast

» «
Photo

The city is boring.

136 replies to this topic

Poll: Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ? (353 member(s) have cast votes)

Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ?

1. Liberty City (GTA III) (98 votes [31.01%])

Percentage of vote: 31.01%

2. Vice City (150 votes [47.47%])

Percentage of vote: 47.47%

3. Both (68 votes [21.52%])

Percentage of vote: 21.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ucah8er
  • ucah8er

SRS I

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (The Wolfman @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 06:00)
I actually liked the city, It really had so much potential to it, the only problem was is that there were no mini-games to play.

I disagree.

After the missions you can complete the races, various side missions (pizza boy, ambulance, sparrow parcours, etc), hidden packages, rampages and unique jumps.

Then there's also the stuff to experiment with. I had a lot of fun with the Hunter and the Rhino. And also, the strange super man drug tounge.gif

Getting 100% took even longer than completing the original game.

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (ucah8er @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 12:20)
QUOTE (The Wolfman @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 06:00)
I actually liked the city, It really had so much potential to it, the only problem was is that there were no mini-games to play.

I disagree.

After the missions you can complete the races, various side missions (pizza boy, ambulance, sparrow parcours, etc), hidden packages, rampages and unique jumps.

Then there's also the stuff to experiment with. I had a lot of fun with the Hunter and the Rhino. And also, the strange super man drug tounge.gif

Getting 100% took even longer than completing the original game.

Completely agreed.

Vice City at all is the game where there is the most things to do after storyline for completion.

(P.S. Maybe a little bit more in massive San Andreas)

metakn1ght
  • metakn1ght

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

At the time of playing Vice City, I really didn't care about the map size but I can definitely say I had a blast playing it. These days when I look back on the game, I realize in comparison to Liberty City, it really isn't that big of a map and there just isn't as much to do there. I'd pick Liberty City over Vice City any day. I felt the map had a lot more potential.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

My problem with VC is that after you finish story missions it gets boring as hell - all the side additions except for rampages, hidden packages and races (and businesses side activity) are just really as well, I wish there was some kind of drug dealing system in the game or anything else which would make the game more interesting.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 20 June 2013 - 09:47 PM.

I'm a LS boy on the East Coast now, Los Santos will always be my favorite place because it's home. But one thing I can say though, is that Vice City is a great place to go to whenever you need to escape the East Coast or Liberty City. There are times when I'm walking through Bohan, Broker, and Dukes staring at nasty looking tenements and row houses wishing I was in VC. When I'm in LS I dont think about Vice City much at all really because I already have the weather, the lights, the beach, and all that other good sh*t. But I do think about VC a lot when I'm in Liberty City. Vice City is what you make it I guess. There are things I love doing in VC that you can't do in LC. I love things like going to the beach in Vice City and dipping my feet in the water, I love that the water actually looks clean unlike dirty LC, I love running around with beach balls, walking down Ocean Drive at night, kicking it at Lucky Pierre's, the Pole Position, and. the Malibu Club. I love to visit the Maison Wenifall and Front Page Café in the morning after a long night on Ocean Drive. Hanging out at the swimming pool at Marina Sands, Chariot, Ducum Inn, and Standing Vice Point hotels. Kicking back at the North Point Mall and Washington Mall, or grabbing a boat from Ocean Beach Marina and cruising the ocean. There's things in Vice City/Florida that you don't get in Liberty City.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

I voted "both", as in I like them both equally smile.gif Both games are awesome, but the cities would be kinda boring either way if there was no storyline. The radio just adds to the awesomness, especially in Vice City. I like either game and its city better than San Andreas or GTA IV.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Jericho176 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 05:00)
Both games are awesome, but the cities would be kinda boring either way if there was no storyline.

As well as a bunch of side missions. It also adds much fun.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

I liked the city. It had a great 80s Miami vibe it and had a decent variety of locations like a large beach, neon districts, a movie studio, a golf course, some ethic ghettos e.g. Probably not the best GTA city but it's fun to explore imo.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Although Vice City holds a lot of nostalgic memories to me, I love III-era Liberty City

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Good story, terribly boring map. It did not "Really" catch the feel of the real miami to me.

Maybe rockstar can fix that with GTA VI?

DeadlySlender
  • DeadlySlender

Most Qualified For The Job

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think the story fits the map perfectly.

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Vice City was awesome!

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:51 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 14 October 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Vice is pretty dull, probably for being so small and having so little variety, really. The places are all the same, the people are all the same... Liberty had a BIT more variety and SA had tons of space to roam around in, but Vice just kind of felt tiny and isolated. Vice City as a game is awesome, but the city itself could use a lot more bulk and a lot more variety.

KubilayLP
  • KubilayLP

Youtuber

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

They were both boring. :D

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm a LS boy on the East Coast now, Los Santos will always be my favorite place because it's home. But one thing I can say though, is that Vice City is a great place to go to whenever you need to escape the East Coast or Liberty City. There are times when I'm walking through Bohan, Broker, and Dukes staring at nasty looking tenements and row houses wishing I was in VC. When I'm in LS I dont think about Vice City much at all really because I already have the weather, the lights, the beach, and all that other good sh*t. But I do think about VC a lot when I'm in Liberty City. Vice City is what you make it I guess. There are things I love doing in VC that you can't do in LC. I love things like going to the beach in Vice City and dipping my feet in the water, I love that the water actually looks clean unlike dirty LC, I love running around with beach balls, walking down Ocean Drive at night, kicking it at Lucky Pierre's, the Pole Position, and. the Malibu Club. I love to visit the Maison Wenifall and Front Page Café in the morning after a long night on Ocean Drive. Hanging out at the swimming pool at Marina Sands, Chariot, Ducum Inn, and Standing Vice Point hotels. Kicking back at the North Point Mall and Washington Mall, or grabbing a boat from Ocean Beach Marina and cruising the ocean. There's things in Vice City/Florida that you don't get in Liberty City.

Wrong LC dude.

Artillery
  • Artillery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think VC was boring. Wasn't anywhere really to go. confused.gif

No, Liberty City was boring. Wasn't anywhere really to go. 

libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Miami in real life is pretty boring so it was accurate lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users