Quantcast

» «
Photo

The city is boring.

136 replies to this topic

Poll: Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ? (356 member(s) have cast votes)

Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ?

1. Liberty City (GTA III) (100 votes [31.35%])

Percentage of vote: 31.35%

2. Vice City (151 votes [47.34%])

Percentage of vote: 47.34%

3. Both (68 votes [21.32%])

Percentage of vote: 21.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Jun 8 2010, 08:15)
Give me GTA III's dark, gritty, urban setting(and sense of danger) over VC's pretty-to-look at but bland setting any day.

GTA III LC with PS3 graphics would look just as sweet as GTA IV LC.

In what way is it bland? IMO the gangs in GTA III's Liberty City are the only thing that make it seem alive. Regular peds are almost mindless shells. Atleast in Vice City they were given a bit more life.

The sense of danger is far greater in GTA III, but that's because it was based on modern NYC, and other East Coast cities. It only made sense. In saying that I thought it was more annoying than anything, because sometimes I just like to explore in peace. Not to be attacked by gangs every 5 minutes. It's even worse at the end of the game when every gang in the game wants Claude dead. Very frustrating when you just want to do stunt jumps, hidden packages etc.

Vice City's laid back atmosphere is more appealing to me, but it still retains a sense of danger. Walking through Little Haiti is near suicide, so not all of Vice City is glitz, and glamor.

GTAisAwesome2.0
  • GTAisAwesome2.0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

Vice City's laid back atmosphere is more appealing to me, but it still retains a sense of danger. Walking through Little Haiti is near suicide, so not all of Vice City is glitz, and glamor.

I think the same way. i sometimes die on missions in Portland when diablos Triads and Leone attack me. vice city is great because of that laid back style. i like taking jumps and doing rampages and killing sprees in Vice city.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (GTAisAwesome2.0 @ Jun 8 2010, 15:52)

I think the same way. i sometimes die on missions in Portland when diablos Triads and Leone attack me. vice city is great because of that laid back style. i like taking jumps and doing rampages and killing sprees in Vice city.

That's why I think it's annoying. It was great at first knowing how dangerous some areas could be, but it got to be nuisance after a while.

The Leones are the worst IMO. All it takes is for one to pull out a pump action shotgun, and with one shot you're usually dead. Very frustrating when you're driving around Saint Marks minding you're own business, and your vehicle catches fire, because some Leones decide they want to eat Claude's head.

I'm glad R* made the gangs in Vice City less of an annoyance while still retaining the feeling that Tommy wasn't the only bad ass on the streets of Vice City.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

Vice city is boring sh*t.
I would fell asleep if I would try to explore the city.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

VC was great, the atmosphere was good and the neighbourhoods were a lot more contrasting then they were in III's rendition of LC. In fact VC was the best III era setting IMO. Anyway none of the III era settings are a match for IV's LC. tounge.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Jun 8 2010, 22:51)
VC was great, the atmosphere was good and the neighbourhoods were a lot more contrasting then they were in III's rendition of LC. In fact VC was the best III era setting IMO. Anyway none of the III era settings are a match for IV's LC. tounge.gif

Lies, lies and slander, IMO they all were, despite the limited polygons and texture sizes smile.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:32 PM Edited by AB0333, 16 July 2010 - 08:34 PM.

I don't understand why people don't like VC. I mean, tropical atmosphere, bright days...it's just amazing. But the timecyc isn't good at all. R* way improved it in VCS.

And Liberty City is too dark and ugly. It rains every 2 hours. tounge.gif lol.gif

onlyname
  • onlyname

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

I like Vice City when I first played it more than Liberty City but after more than 5 hours of playing it got boring. Its just that its not big enough. Its small nothing else bothers me about it except the size. Also the skyscraper thing is that in GTA III there is more skyscrapers because its based from New York and NY is a business city which means there will be tons of big buildings but VC is base from Miami and Miami is not that much of a big building city the biggest buildings are usually hotels.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (onlyname @ Jul 20 2010, 09:00)
I like Vice City when I first played it more than Liberty City but after more than 5 hours of playing it got boring. Its just that its not big enough. Its small nothing else bothers me about it except the size. Also the skyscraper thing is that in GTA III there is more skyscrapers because its based from New York and NY is a business city which means there will be tons of big buildings but VC is base from Miami and Miami is not that much of a big building city the biggest buildings are usually hotels.

Who needs high buildings anyway? biggrin.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

And Liberty City is too dark

that's why I like LC Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

I'll never find VC boring. I can drive through every district 1000 times and I will still do it again. One of the best things in GTA is that no matter how many times you explore the city you will always discover something new. I completed VC 3 times 100%, but I still think I've discovered less than half of the city.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

I liked the VCS rendition of vice city alot more,it had a more tropical feel to it

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:06 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 23 July 2010 - 02:24 AM.

QUOTE (onlyname @ Jul 20 2010, 20:00)

Why do people keep saying VC is small? I agree GTA III's LC does feel a bit bigger, but that's mainly because it has 3 main islands, and VC only has 2.

Looking at the map of both LC does look bigger than VC, but IMO I think it's because alot of people overlook Prawn Island, Starfish Island, and Leaf Links. If you squashed those 3 together they would be almost as big if not bigger than Shoreside Vale.

The beach also takes up alot of room. I've always thought the beach should've only went the length of Ocean Drive/Ocean Beach, and heading up towards the Malibu Club the city should've been extended further east where the rest of the beach lies.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

I totally agree, I'm a big GTA III homer but I do think Vice City's happy vibe isn't good for a game called grand theft auto.

pantera765
  • pantera765

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

Personally, I don't think it's boring. For one thing, there's the amazing radio stations... those are enough to make driving around in circles fun. And also, I love to just look at different details... like the Screamin' Colins Guitar Shop in Ocean Beach (I think) where they sell air guitars. biggrin.gif Then there's the jumps... and also finding all of those weird Tiki idol things.

The second island is kinda boring, I'll admit... although I do like Little Havana, because it has an authentic feel.

GTAIII's Liberty City was awesome though, it had sort of this seedy yet superhero-comic-like epicness to it.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

Vice City is an awesome game! I completely love it, but the city is boring! I love the characters, the music and the missions, but the city is so...........so so sleepy.gif Even thought I love some places like Washington Beach, but the rest is boring! I think a more "colourful vibe", like Mr_Leone said, can suit GTA (even thought the dark GTA III vibe is better), and I think Vice City is excelent, but the city is so boring............................................

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

All I know is that Downtown is kind of bland, it's better in Scarface actually.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Jul 28 2010, 06:58)
I totally agree, I'm a big GTA III homer but I do think Vice City's happy vibe isn't good for a game called grand theft auto.

I disagree. I think the happy vibe (Well I wouldn't call it happy as such, but more of a holiday vibe) fits a game called Grand Theft Auto extremely well.

IMO one of the reasons Vice City is so well loved is because it steps away from the typical cliched dark, gritty, and unpleasing crime game. Even these days I struggle to find many crime games that are like Vice City. I guess in a way it's unique because of that.

Vice City is living proof that even a game in a more happier, laid back environment can still present a dark side.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

If you didn't play it when it first came out, then chances are you'll find it boring. I'll always put Vice City and San Andreas as my #1 games.

sqre
  • sqre

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:47 AM Edited by sqre, 04 August 2010 - 03:29 AM.

QUOTE (damian001 @ Aug 2 2010, 10:48)
If you didn't play it when it first came out, then chances are you'll find it boring. I'll always put Vice City and San Andreas as my #1 games.

i completely agree. vice city is definatly my favorite game and i still play it and san an today.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:22 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 04 August 2010 - 10:27 PM.

Vice City only had one good island in my opinion. Vice Beach was the only part that I really enjoyed. Downtown Vice City was awful and took up too much space. Vice Beach is where it go down at, and even still Los Santos was better than VC.

Going through the city and dodging rival gangs was fun to me, both LC and VC had gangs too, but I felt the prescence alot more in Los Santos. There is hoods of Los Santos that I cant even go through, if you ever lived in a big city this is what life is like. You cant go everywhere. Some of yall naive and never lived nowhere, so yall hate that, but I loved having to fight my way out of certain hoods.

Plus Los Santos felt like two cities. You could be in Ganton and Idlewood one minute, then be up in Rodeo and Marina the next. Los Santos had the best contrast of any city, plus you had Las Venturas right up the freeway. I used to be back and forth from Los Santos and LV all the time.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Aug 5 2010, 09:22)
Vice City only had one good island in my opinion. Vice Beach was the only part that I really enjoyed. Downtown Vice City was awful and took up too much space. Vice Beach is where it go down at, and even still Los Santos was better than VC.

Going through the city and dodging rival gangs was fun to me, both LC and VC had gangs too, but I felt the prescence alot more in Los Santos. There is hoods of Los Santos that I cant even go through, if you ever lived in a big city this is what life is like. You cant go everywhere. Some of yall naive and never lived nowhere, so yall hate that, but I loved having to fight my way out of certain hoods.

Plus Los Santos felt like two cities. You could be in Ganton and Idlewood one minute, then be up in Rodeo and Marina the next. Los Santos had the best contrast of any city, plus you had Las Venturas right up the freeway. I used to be back and forth from Los Santos and LV all the time.

I love your uncanny ability to fit in something to do with "hoods" in every single one of your posts that has nothing to do with the topic. confused.gif

The topic is about Liberty City, and Vice City. I don't see Los Santos anywhere in the title?

Leone Sentinel
  • Leone Sentinel

Radio Espantoso!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by Leone Sentinel, 02 March 2013 - 06:29 PM.

EDIT: Please ignore this post. I didn't realise until too late how old this topic was.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (fxtr @ Friday, Apr 30 2010, 15:49)
There should be a San Andreas option though

What? How was it boring? The map was huge!

VC was good to explore the city as first, but then..... confused.gif

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

VC was more boring than GTA 3.

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Neither, I find them both boring

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Who bumped this thread? anuj_cop.gif

Anyways, Vice City was awesome. It's beaches, the clubs, the slums all had that strange feeling. The slums were filled with sunlight but had that darkness with in because of the bad things that happened there. In Liberty City (III) it was pretty much boring. Same peds everywhere and the city's atmosphere was not very good for me.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by BabeRuth, 03 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

QUOTE (dro0001 @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 05:40)
III was more boring than GTA VC.

I fixed your grammer error smile.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

@H.I.M: read please, it was Leone Sentinel.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

They made the game in less than a year what did you expect?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users