Quantcast

» «
Photo

The city is boring.

136 replies to this topic

Poll: Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ? (359 member(s) have cast votes)

Liberty City (GTA III) or Vice City ?

1. Liberty City (GTA III) (101 votes [31.37%])

Percentage of vote: 31.37%

2. Vice City (153 votes [47.52%])

Percentage of vote: 47.52%

3. Both (68 votes [21.12%])

Percentage of vote: 21.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:11 PM Edited by Rocks-tar, 12 February 2011 - 11:13 AM.

You read this title topic, and I see a lot of people who want to fight with me. But I think that: Vice City is terribly boring. Not the game. Vice City has a great story, some great characters, and some missions are particularly successful.

But really, the city, just the city is poor, very poor. The beach would be good if it wasn't about two fifths of the city, and the half of the first island. Prawn Island is boring, Downtown is Boring, Gangs district are boring, Airport is accessible only by one way. Leaf Links is useless and unaccessible. Ocean Beach (especially Ocean Drive Avenue) is the only district I like.

Liberty City in GTA III was more rich: harbor, tunnels, real and big airport, a true Downtown district and not 2-3 skyscreapers lost like in Vice City, a park, a real residential district, gangs were really strong...

Am I the only person of this earth to hate Vice City? (Not the game, JUST the city !)

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

I think VC was boring. Wasn't anywhere really to go. confused.gif

Rapper303
  • Rapper303

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Yeah. It had a good story, but the city sucked.
  • LightVelox likes this

fxtr
  • fxtr

=====

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

I love Vice City inlove.gif It has tropical feeling and I can play (not only missions) for hours without getting bored.
There should be a San Andreas option though.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:02 PM Edited by bammargera, 30 April 2010 - 04:14 PM.

Apart from fxtr your al blaspheming tounge.gif , but seriously the city sucked, do you know how many limitations were back then, it can's have sucked otherwise why would so many people convert it to other engines, and how did it steel feel fresh enough to work for a second game and sell millions of copies? You people with your RAGE engine and your barely limited polies tounge.gif

And I had to post this,
user posted image

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (fxtr @ Apr 30 2010, 15:49)
I love Vice City inlove.gif It has tropical feeling and I can play (not only missions) for hours without getting bored.

Palms are ugly in Vice City. ph34r.gif

HUGE GTA fan

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:36 PM Edited by 4754619, 30 April 2010 - 05:07 PM.

I like both Vice City and Liberty City, but I prefer LC. Vice City is not that bad if you're busy with the police or missions, but if you are driving just because you want to kill the time, VC really sucks. I would say the same about San Andreas except for Los Santos.

Edit: The radios in VC are great!

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

VC is awesome imo.
If there is any GTA related place that sucks, it is the countryside of San Andreas and Shoreside Vale. So boring to drive all the way from angel pine to blueberry, just for a fkn mission which takes a minute. SSV is cool visually, but when you have to drive to the other side that is near you, you have to go all the way back to the bridge (between 2 parts of ssv)

Basss
  • Basss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

I like Vice City more than Liberty City. LC is too dark, Vice City is beautiful. Okay, you're right about the beach. But besides that the city gives me a better feeling than LC. I've played GTA VC much more than GTA III, and the missions weren't the only reason for that. turn.gif

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:45 AM

I agree and disagree. I liked the atmosphere of Vice, but at the same time it was a bit dead... VCS took a lot of the interactivity away but still made the atmosphere better, so it didn't help much. Liberty City did have more of a feeling to it.

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ Apr 30 2010, 16:57)
VC is awesome imo.
If there is any GTA related place that sucks, it is the countryside of San Andreas and Shoreside Vale. So boring to drive all the way from angel pine to blueberry, just for a fkn mission which takes a minute. SSV is cool visually, but when you have to drive to the other side that is near you, you have to go all the way back to the bridge (between 2 parts of ssv)

I liked countryside in San Andreas, really. Hills, forests, mountain, towns, highways... A lot of variety. Just no wild animals, but Red Dead Redemption fix it.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

I hate VC (the city), I hate III's Liberty city.
but I LOVE LCS's Liberty City

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ May 1 2010, 11:28)

Sorry, I can't understand, why you hate LC in GTA III but love LC in LCS?

fxtr
  • fxtr

=====

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ May 1 2010, 13:28)

It's (almost) the same city biggrin.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (fxtr @ May 1 2010, 12:30)
QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ May 1 2010, 13:28)

It's (almost) the same city biggrin.gif

But way better.

@Rocks-tar: Yes.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Rocks-tar @ May 1 2010, 10:36)
I liked countryside in San Andreas, really. Hills, forests, mountain, towns, highways...  A lot of variety. Just no wild animals, but Red Dead Redemption fix it.

I agree it makes a good scenery, but it still sucks when you just want to play through the storyline, plus it feels so dead and makes me want to quit the game. suicidal.gif Just my opinion, though.

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ May 1 2010, 13:09)
QUOTE (Rocks-tar @ May 1 2010, 10:36)
I liked countryside in San Andreas, really. Hills, forests, mountain, towns, highways...  A lot of variety. Just no wild animals, but Red Dead Redemption fix it.

I agree it makes a good scenery, but it still sucks when you just want to play through the storyline, plus it feels so dead and makes me want to quit the game. suicidal.gif Just my opinion, though.

Agree, Badlands Story Missions suck (except 'Are You Going to San Fierro ?') but when you aren't in mission, it's a good way to forget buildings, macadam, and traditional cars. tounge2.gif

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Badlands feel dead, thats all. It could have been much better (wild animals would kick ass, no?)
BTW, many people complain about the beach of VC and I simply don't understand why. I agree the city is smaller than it should be (and the beach takes up 1/2 of the East Island) but it has the best atmosphere imo.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Forests in GTA SA suck.
there is a tree every 20 meters.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

I'm a fan of the vibe of Vice City. The atmosphere of driving in a Sabre listening to Emotion 98.3 through the palm-laced streets of Ocean Beach whilst the evening sky is glistening in pink and orange is fantastic. I prefer San Andreas all the way, as I think the variety contained within the state is unbeatable in all of the III-era games, but I thought that Vice City was beautiful, warm and welcoming.

Liberty City in III was interesting, but seemed too dull and grey. It seemed as if half the buildings were ugly Thatcherite apartment blocks that you'd expect to see in Warsaw or Bucharest.

GTA_Panda
  • GTA_Panda

hey there officer, nice badge, nice badge

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

mmm i do agree in someways tounge.gif i think GTA III's "Liberty city" was way more complex and better designed but i dont think vice city is boring i just think Liberty city is better ph34r.gif

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ May 1 2010, 18:27)
Badlands feel dead, thats all. It could have been much better (wild animals would kick ass, no?)
BTW, many people complain about the beach of VC and I simply don't understand why. I agree the city is smaller than it should be (and the beach takes up 1/2 of the East Island) but it has the best atmosphere imo.

Atmosphere =/= city complexity. And graphics effets suck in VC (but can be disabled). Forests in GTA SA could have been much better, but don't suck. And don't forget technical limitations of the Playstation 2.

K-Rose + (Rain) + Badlands = cool.gif

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (fxtr @ Apr 30 2010, 11:49)

Agreed.

HUGE GTA fan

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:07 PM Edited by 4754619, 02 May 2010 - 04:12 PM.

QUOTE (Rocks-tar @ May 2 2010, 14:10)
QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ May 1 2010, 18:27)

Atmosphere =/= city complexity. And graphics effets suck in VC (but can be disabled). Forests in GTA SA could have been much better, but don't suck. And don't forget technical limitations of the Playstation 2.

K-Rose + (Rain) + Badlands = cool.gif

Vice City is way more beautiful if you use ENB Series and high resolution. GTA III is better without ENB though, for San Andreas - I don't know. In San Andreas I like only Los Santos and the woods are not that bad, but Las Venturas and San Fierro are some kind of boring - nowhere to go, nothing to do and everything.... My top GTA cities are:
1. Liberty City (III)
2. Vice City
3. Los Santos

victomfaith
  • victomfaith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

-vice city rocks sly.gif it beats liberty city(gtaIII) because vice city is almost twice the size of LC-
Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.™

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Vice City's cooler. Vice City's beach is 20 times larger than that of Portland Island's beach (lol). The city is lively for me (the Vice Beach district, mostly), has the right places for neon lights, and a cool penis-shaped window lighting in a building! Beat that!

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Rocks-tar @ Apr 30 2010, 14:11)
(Sorry eventually for my bad english !)

You read this title topic, and I see a lot of people who want to fight with me. But I think that: Vice City is terribly boring. Not the game. Vice City has a great story, some great characters, and some missions are particularly successful.

But really, the city, just the city is poor, very poor. The beach would be good if it wasn't about two fifths of the city, and the half of the first island. Prawn Island is boring, Downtown is Boring, Gangs district are boring, Airport is accessible only by one way. Leaf Links is useless and unaccessible. Ocean Beach (especially Ocean Drive Avenue) is the only district I like.

Liberty City in GTA III was more rich: harbor, tunnels, real and big airport, a true Downtown district and not 2-3 skyscreapers lost like in Vice City, a park, a real residential district, gangs were really strong...

Am I the only person of this earth to hate Vice City? (Not the game, JUST the city !)

I agree 100%. Plus GTA III LC had that element of danger. Some gamers say GTA III LC was grey and depressing - well duh! Urban areas usually are. I live in NYC, and Rockstar captured the 'feel' perfectly.

Vice City - beautiful to look at, but bland.

HUGE GTA fan

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:16 AM Edited by 4754619, 04 May 2010 - 07:19 AM.

QUOTE (Funktipus @ May 3 2010, 16:11)
QUOTE (Rocks-tar @ Apr 30 2010, 14:11)
(Sorry eventually for my bad english !)

I agree 100%. Plus GTA III LC had that element of danger. Some gamers say GTA III LC was grey and depressing - well duh! Urban areas usually are. I live in NYC, and Rockstar captured the 'feel' perfectly.

Vice City - beautiful to look at, but bland.

Yeah, you're right. I have one friend who thought GTA III was a top down game like the first GTA and GTA 2. I said it was like San Andreas and Vice City and when he tried itd he said "The game is so gray and rainy, it depresses me" and after that "GTA San Andreas is the best GTA game ever", without even trying GTA III; and Vice City and III are "Boring compared to San Andreas" suicidal.gif

Rocks-tar
  • Rocks-tar

Marston

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

And also, Prawn Island is one of the most boring district in GTA.

Phazar
  • Phazar

ball ass

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

I also agree that VC is more boring than the other cities. The most appealing area to me is the beach. Most of the peds have no minds at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users