I just got braces

48 replies to this topic
Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

And I don't know why everyone says it hurts when it didn't hurt a bit. It felt like, nothing colgate.gif I got Pink and Black. Looks pretty cool, I might post a pic later if i feel like. So, anyone else have braces? Did it hurt to put on? Do share!

Dstrickt
  • Dstrickt

Advocate

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

Yea, I have braces too. smile.gif

I can't remember what happened when they first put it on (cause that was 3 years ago), but all I know is that it made me get gingivitis for 6 months cause it isn't easy brushing with them in your mouth. mad.gif (That might happen to you, too. It happens to everyone with braces)

And they never hurt. It only hurts when they decide to tighten them, which is really painful.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

I had braces once. They didn't necessarily hurt, but they were uncomfortable as f*ck when I first got them, but that sort of changed once I got used to them. They did hurt like f*ck whenever they tightened them. Thank f*ck I got them out a few years ago. Had to deal with that sh*t for four years. It was such a relief the day they took them out.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:54 AM

I had braces for two and a half years. The only time they actually hurt was when I played saxophone. By they way, it sucks complete ass playing any wind instrument with braces.

Phazar
  • Phazar

ball ass

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:15 AM

I also had braces. The process went smoothly and painless. The following day, I could barely f*cking bite anything because it hurt so much. My mouth hurt for a whole week before I was able to eat anything without nearly being in tears. Twas a sh*tty experience, that week was.

When I got them off almost 3 years later, I realized it was well worth getting them in the first place. The braces did their job.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:34 AM

Used braces for 4 years, they only hurt when they're tightened. Moving your teeth around is not exactly a walk in the park.

Add_Water
  • Add_Water

Uptown riders enforcer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

funny for me is, never had to get braces( im 13), my teeth are perfectly straight, i got my moms teeth, i only have one minorly crooked tooth. no need for braces says the dentist biggrin.gif

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:04 AM

I had braces for two years back when I was 11-12. They never really hurt, but it just felt really crowded all the time along my gums. After that I had to wear like a semi-permanent retainer bar behind both the front and bottom teeth....that got taken off about two years later as well. The only thing I hated about having braces was going to the orthodontist. That torturous bastard used to tighten those bitches up like a bench vise and pull teeth out that weren't even loose yet.

One word of advice: forget about eating any sandwiches with white bread or any kind of "fluffy" bread. It sticks to the roof of your mouth like cement and you'll be picking that sh*t out of your braces for about two hours with that little Christmas tree shaped brush they always give you.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:18 AM

They're kind of starting to hurt now bored.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:02 AM

Never had braces. I'm awsum. The only real thing that I worry about with my teeth is I had a bit of crowding before my wisdom teeth came out, and after a drunk night I must have chipped a bone surrounding my tooth and now one of my gums is receding sad.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

I had braces when I was 14, they were the f*cking worst, only a couple years after I got them these new clear braces came out.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:26 AM

I got some f*cked teeth, but it's not like someone my age walks around with braces anyhow.

I was way too poor to afford braces back then (They were 4,000$ dollars), so I had to deal with crooked teeth all my life.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Apr 30 2010, 14:53)
only a couple years after I got them these new clear braces came out.

And that's the tooth

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Apr 30 2010, 13:23)
I had braces when I was 14, they were the f*cking worst, only a couple years after I got them these new clear braces came out.

Clear braces are really ugly.

Useless Dave
  • Useless Dave

Voted member of the year 2010

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Apr 30 2010, 01:50)
And I don't know why everyone says it hurts when it didn't hurt a bit. It felt like, nothing colgate.gif I got Pink and Black. Looks pretty cool, I might post a pic later if i feel like. So, anyone else have braces? Did it hurt to put on? Do share!

You manly motherf*cker.

I've never had braces. There are a few errors they could fix, yeah, but I honestly don't care. They don't look too bad.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Add_Water @ Apr 29 2010, 19:42)
funny for me is, never had to get braces, my teeth are perfectly straight, i got my moms teeth, i only have one minorly crooked tooth. no need for braces says the dentist biggrin.gif

LOL, the exact same thing for me.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Useless Dave @ Apr 30 2010, 13:55)
QUOTE (Piperka @ Apr 30 2010, 01:50)
And I don't know why everyone says it hurts when it didn't hurt a bit. It felt like, nothing  colgate.gif   I got Pink and Black. Looks pretty cool, I might post a pic later if i feel like. So, anyone else have braces? Did it hurt to put on? Do share!

You manly motherf*cker.

I've never had braces. There are a few errors they could fix, yeah, but I honestly don't care. They don't look too bad.

And what's wrong with pink? tounge2.gif Pink and Black looks cool cool.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Apr 30 2010, 15:36)
QUOTE (OnePiece @ Apr 30 2010, 13:23)

Clear braces are really ugly.

compared to metal ones?

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:14 AM

I was waiting for a "boohohohohohoho girz dunt liekee boohoo" style post but Amen for you not acting like that.

ZombieFrogger
  • ZombieFrogger

Hail Mastermind!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

Welcome to the world of braces my friend. Ive got braces aswell, the hurt for me when they applied the braces and tightend them.The only thing i miss is a that nice crunch of a Juicey Apple, oh and Dont Eat Noodles when you have braces there a bastard to get out, and also chicken too.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Apr 30 2010, 12:43)
I had braces once. They didn't necessarily hurt, but they were uncomfortable as f*ck when I first got them, but that sort of changed once I got used to them. They did hurt like f*ck whenever they tightened them. Thank f*ck I got them out a few years ago. Had to deal with that sh*t for four years. It was such a relief the day they took them out.

...f*ck, man.

Say, did you get them at tooth hurty

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

Being Macedonian, you'll need more than braces to straighten teeth. wink.gif

Hehe. I had braces for three years and two months - had them taken off last April. As others have said, they only hurt when they re-tighten them about once every two months, but other than that you learn to get used to them. You need to make sure you brush pretty well because your gums will be f*cked as the metal is constantly infecting the soft tissue next to the tooth.

But trust me, afterwards you'll love your teeth. It'll be worth it.

Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

I actually envy braces. I have a gap inbetween my two top front teeth, it's not huge, but obviously I'd be more happy if there was no gap. Anyway, my orthodontist (spellcheck?) said that it'd be pointless for my to get braces, because in my gum, or something, there is either too much bone/ligament or not enough, I can't remember. Meaning that they'll get forced together, but as soon as I take my braces out, it'll open back out again. Luckily it shouldn't get any bigger.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:03 AM Edited by gtathebest4ever, 30 April 2010 - 09:32 AM.

I never had any problems with my teeth. All of you guys must be British.
user posted image

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Apr 30 2010, 14:18)
They're kind of starting to hurt now bored.gif

Ho ho. Give it 24 hours. You will be drinking puree'd soup through a straw.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (gtathebest4ever @ Apr 30 2010, 08:03)
I never had any problems with my teeth. All of you guys must be British.
user posted image

I know you are probably one of the worst trolls to ever grace these forums but i just thought you might like to read this and feel stupider then you come across as being.

Clicketh hereth.

I also cannot believe that nobody has said this yet but, Dental plan.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

First week or so of getting mine in it really hurt. Mainly just like a throbbing sensation. I know they said to me I can't have gum and stuff but you still can. I remember cheese being evil though when I had them because if the cheese was melted a couple bits would get stuck which was annoying to get out. Still, I only had them in for a year and after they took them out and told me to wear that retainer no matter what I did my teeth still went back to being the same as they did before I had braces. f*cking useless for me.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

yeah, when I found out I was getting braces everyone was moaning and complaining about how much it hurts then when I got them it was fine

Rapper303
  • Rapper303

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

i had braces from september 2007 until april 2009

no more for me

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

This will be pretty long story/rant. None of it is made up.

It starts in January 1997 when I'm 9 and a half. I'm at a swimming pool with my mother and my sister. I was swimming underwater near the bottom of the pool when I for some reason I cannot to this day possibly remember open my mouth and then hit the bottom resulting in a broken front tooth. The dentist fixed it up with some sort of plastic filling. In September the same year I'm coming home with my mom in the car. The remote for the door in the car park wasn't working so my mom asks me to go in and open it from the inside. On my way to the door inside the car park(I had to walk to the other end of it to get in) I stumble on a railing on the floor and land on my head breaking the same ****ing tooth. I was sent to the same dentist who did the exact same job as before, and healthy teeth again...but not for too long.

April 1999, two months away from my 12th birthday I'm riding my bicycle near my school(Click here to see on map). I come to a hill close to the gym and I start to go moderately slow down. About half way down I pull the brakes only to remind myself they weren't working properly and on top of that I had the helmet hanging on the grip. Before I had time to even consider jumping off the bicycle I crashed on a wall with guess what - my head first! The result - the tooth I had broken twice before breaking YET AGAIN, another broken tooth and another tooth that went flying out of my mouth in it's entirety, and on top of that I broke my nose which was something new at least. I was rushed to a dentist who somehow managed to put the tooth back in along with putting in emergency braces. For two years after that I had to go regularly to a dentist that specialized himself in root fillings. The countless bus rides home with my face so heavily injected of anesthesia that I could barely talk are like printed in my memory. The school did pick up parts of the root filling costs since it was an accident on a school yard but only for the part my parents had to pay over those two years they could have bought a decent used car.

Those repairs that were done, however expensive weren't perfect. The teeth behind my upper lip were as bent as the average politician. So when I was 17 I had braces installed. You might be wondering why that didn't happen earlier but those things are really ****ing expensive. I had them for three years and a half and the day they were removed tops my greatest day ever list by a landslide.

The bottomline is: I've had enough of ****ing dentists for a lifetime -.-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users