Photo

Seek and Destroy FULL Cover

12 replies to this topic
massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:49 PM Edited by massrcor, 27 April 2010 - 05:07 PM.

Seek and Destroy FULL Cover

ok this is me on the guitar.

I converted the drums and bass from .mid files.
and put them into more realistic sound banks via flstdios FPC.
Its sounds easy, but its not easy to make them sound realistic.
ok i used an
Ibanez Destroyer II axe
Digitech RP255 pedal
Cubase LE4 for recording the shiite
FLStudio 8 for sequencing and midi/vst support

ok guys tell me waht yall think.

Here is the link. Its myspace.com/massrcor if the link doesnt work.

thanks

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

RAWK!

on?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Aussiebushmatt
  • Aussiebushmatt

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:41 PM Edited by Aussiebushmatt, 28 April 2010 - 05:19 PM.

This is the only song I can fully play cool.gif

EDIT: Very well done. icon14.gif

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Apr 27 2010, 17:32)
RAWK!

on?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

thanx man! icon14.gif

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

That was pretty good, keep at her. icon14.gif

Zyo
  • Zyo

The unforgiven

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Scotland

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

Nice job, well done on the guitar parts. The arrangement of the drumming is interesting too.

Suihkubad
  • Suihkubad

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

You play the right notes, but you play them wrong. Listen to the original riff and compare it to yours. Little more practise should do it

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Suihkubad @ May 14 2010, 13:32)
You play the right notes, but you play them wrong. Listen to the original riff and compare it to yours. Little more practise should do it

Actually, every note is note for note.

During the solo I transposed the solo up 3 or 4 notes so I didn't have to record another rhythm riff that was 3 or 4 notes higher (cutting corners).
Other than the solo every note is the same as the original. I knew someone would notice this. cool.gif
Also, the tempo during the solo is down about 10-15 BPM (I was having trouble Alt picking the solo rhythm then, I'm thinking about re-recording at regular BPM now that I can do it.)

and BTW I was looking right at the notes from sheet music and midi as well. biggrin.gif

And Yes they strum an extra hit in the main riff, As I just Hammer them on. It doesn't make it wrong, Just listen to what you said.

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

It's pretty good (of course I don't know how long you have played).
A little more training wouldn't be bad though.
If you would play a little tighter and looser at the same time (if you know what I mean), then it would sound more professional, or better. Anyway, keep on training. colgate.gif

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (massrcor @ May 15 2010, 06:03)

and BTW I was looking right at the notes from sheet music and midi as well.  biggrin.gif

I wouldn't think you would get to the level your playing at without knowing difference
between playing exactly whats on the paper and playing "right." There will come a day
when you can play fast & your mind is unoccupied. At which time you'll be free to put
some emotion behind those notes.

It sounds weird, but the guitar is an emotional instrument. That's why songs on guitar pro
sound goofy.. they are being played 100% right but they sound terrible because they lack
that emotion the musician brings to the table.

I've noticed over & over again, songs that present a challenge to learn eventually become
effortless to play, and it's not until sometime after that, that they are being played "right."

Tone plays a big roll too, can make up some ground by nailing that in the meantime.

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:33 AM Edited by massrcor, 18 May 2010 - 07:38 AM.

I just consult the sheet music when I think a midi is wrong. And besides I only worry about that stuff when a cover is involved... im usually too lazy too look at sheet music for hours... and im not that good with the tablature. biggrin.gif

Guitar pro? Never used that (heard alot about it...). I am self taught. Basically alot of looking at midis of mozart Got me to be able to horizontally visualize chord melodies and arpeggiated chords.
Youtube videos helped me alot too... my sweep picking is coming along and im almost sweep tapping pretty good now.
Then memorizing the notes of the fretboard suicidal.gif .

Once you know the notes on the fretboard you can just look at any midi, or sheet music given you can calculate where the notes are on a staff, and play any song! or if your not tone deaf, you can play by ear. But sometimes ear method can be too hit and miss...

ne way Im working on an original now! This 1 I hope to display more emotion, as sofa_king was commenting. That cover was pretty much a rough draft as far as I go, but they can only get better I guess.

Did I mention Im actually a DRUMMER? I'm just a guitarist on the side.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Impressive. Can't really say much more than anyone else has done.. Just a nice, tidy cover. icon14.gif

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (massrcor @ May 18 2010, 07:33)
ne way Im working on an original now! This 1 I hope to display more emotion, as sofa_king was commenting. That cover was pretty much a rough draft as far as I go, but they can only get better I guess.

Yea dude, that's why I didn't bother saying nothing the 1st time, your got the skillz, you will get it.
Just felt everyone else was kind of being confusing.

Guitar pro? Never used that (heard alot about it...). I am self taught. Basically alot of looking at midis of mozart Got me to be able to horizontally visualize chord melodies and arpeggiated chords.
Youtube videos helped me alot too... my sweep picking is coming along and im almost sweep tapping pretty good now.
Then memorizing the notes of the fretboard  suicidal.gif   .

I suck massive ass at sweeps, but I don't practice them.. too lazy I guess, should start.
But that Guitar pro is helpful and you more often than not have the bass & drums right along with it.
You can mute the guitar parts and have fun with covers all day. It's floating around out there somewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users