Photo

GTA and Police Academy

1 reply to this topic
8ennett
  • 8ennett

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

I was drinking a few beers tonight and watching Police Academy 2 when I noticed, the scene where Fackler stops at the petrol station to use the bathroom, there is a sound clip in the background over the police radio which appears in GTA (although I wasn't sure if it was SA or not, although fairly confident). I think it's part of the background noise when you're in a police car but can't find any reference to it online anywhere. It is definately the same sound clip, did GTA steal this or what? Since there isn't any mention of it anywhere online and nothing in the credits going to the makers or producers of Police Academy then I can only assume they did steal it. Also, even though there is obviously a lot of influence from many different films and TV series in the GTA games, actually go through them again and see how much influence the Police Academy series actually had on the game and yet there isn't any mention of it anywhere. The Bobcat truck for example, Bobcat Goldthwaite played Zed in Police Academy.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

Everyone knows GTA is usually influenced by any well-known movie. smile.gif Anyway, nice info!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users