Photo

New Launcher for GTA IV?

6 replies to this topic
Koofteh
  • Koofteh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:08 AM

I bought EFLC on disc from the store, so I have to put in the disc for each game whether I want to play GTA IV or the new episodes on the new disc.

So what the heck is the point of the old GTA IV launcher giving me the option to launch EFLC? It's just for those who bought through LIVE? This is really stupid, I guess there's' no way to link the disc version to it.

Thanks a lot whoever made the disc versus download so different and confusing, I still don't know what radio stations I did or didn't get because I didn't go the download route...

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

The EFLC is a stand-alone game.

Cyrus H
  • Cyrus H

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Koofteh @ Apr 25 2010, 02:08)
I bought EFLC on disc from the store, so I have to put in the disc for each game whether I want to play GTA IV or the new episodes on the new disc.

So what the heck is the point of the old GTA IV launcher giving me the option to launch EFLC? It's just for those who bought through LIVE? This is really stupid, I guess there's' no way to link the disc version to it.

Thanks a lot whoever made the disc versus download so different and confusing, I still don't know what radio stations I did or didn't get because I didn't go the download route...

Episodes from Liberty City doesn't include Grand Theft Auto IV, nor does it require Grand Theft Auto IV to be played.

Koofteh
  • Koofteh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

Gee, I had realized that you guys.

I just figured the fancy new launcher for all three games would still work regardless of how you acquired the two expansion packs. But as it launches GFWL window to buythem I assume it is neither for the EFLC standalone disc or even the Steam download version either probably. Additional confusing as to what you do and don't get with each purchase method.

How stupid, now every time I launch GTA IV I am greeted with the option to purchase TLAD/BOGT even though I already own and have installed those. I suppose I will just go ahead and uninstall the old GTA IV as there is no new content for the old game regardless of GFWL or standalone disc and as such worthless to even just cruise around in. The expansion packs include all the stuff from the old game except the music (unless you go GFWL route), correct?

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

No, that is not correct. GTA IV isn't hidden within EFLC, because it is missing a number of key essential files.

Koofteh
  • Koofteh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

I took another look at the new launcher for the old GTA IV, and it definitely gives you two options - one for GTA IV and the other for 'Episodes from Liberty City'.

That is where my confusion arose, because as far as I know EFLC is the title of the double disc pack you buy in person and not the DLCs. I feel like I'm being harshly judged here for asking a stupid question, but it's Rockstar who messed things up. They should have given you the option to launch "The Lost and Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony" instead of "Episodes from Liberty City" if the combined launcher is strictly for use with DLC.

And as for EFLC not including GTA IV, again, not dealing with an idiot here people. I know that. What I'm saying is if you have already done Niko's missions in GTA IV there is no point keeping it installed as the city and much of the other stuff is identical. What would I miss out on by cruising around in EFLC instead of vanilla GTA IV?

Koofteh
  • Koofteh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

To sum up:
  • Episodes from Liberty City is strictly the 2-disc package that is completley standalone.
  • The new launcher in the old GTA IV shortcut is only for the DLCs that you get through the internet.
  • Therefore, the new launcher is using the name of the wrong product. Therefore mistake on Rockstar's part.
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users