Photo

Grand Theft Auto: New Dominus City

2 replies to this topic
WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

So, let's say the next GTA game is set in the distant future, a busy metropolitan that relies heavily on technology. Massive skyscrapers reaching up to the clouds, cars that look more sleek and sophisticated, you know, the works. Say there's this guy, let's call him Gabriel. Now Gabriel works for a big company that overlooks the busy metropolitan in question. One day he overhears his boss discussing corrupt activities. But for fear of losing everything, he goes against becoming a full-blown whistleblower. He doesn't have much of a choice with the police on the company's payroll.

Where does our friend Gabriel turn to? He turns to the streets. His plan is to undermine the company in a way that when all is said and done, when he takes down his boss, he assumes command of the company which, in turn, gives him freedom to rule the city. Ironically, his journey leads him to becoming the kind of person he sought to take down in the first place.

Any ideas? What do you think?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

TBH that is cliche but you have a cool concept going. I would rather play in a realistic futuristic setting, not skyscrapers reaching the heavens but lots of advanced technology, guns and cars. A powerful, corrupt corporation would be an awesome antagonist. Maybe instead of being a simple employee, you could be a government agent like Interpol who would be obligated to make that kind of corporation their enemy. But since that corporation has the police and justice system in its pocket, you have to take matters into your own hands and take a criminal route, killing greedy CEOs and corrupt people while they use their influence to ruin your reputation and send hitmen to kill you.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

I see what you're saying. I appreciate your input, man.

I thought of the idea in the first place because I thought it would be cool to stick with the whole "the sky is the limit" outlook on the future that some people have, where technology is progressing at a much faster rate than mankind had previously thought.

I know I might not be the best storyteller -- my influence comes from a lot of movies like Bladerunner and even Robocop 3 (gotta love the scene where he dumbfoundedly gets his limbs cut off by a samurai). Ummm...

Anyways, this is mainly to discuss what kind of story and characters would work for the concept, what you guys would like to see and whether or not Rockstar might go for something that's not based on real cities and locations for once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users