480 replies to this topic
Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (DazedFinch @ May 3 2010, 21:45)
Well Mavs choked in the first round. I'm happy, Spurs Suns should be a good series. Cavs Lakers would be the best finals this year. Kobe vs Lebron. Epic ending series in seven games.

Well, but the Spurs aren't a joke. Did we see the Mavs against Suns last year? That comes to mind for some reason. Cavs weren't good at all, only 87 points?

GTA 1911
  • GTA 1911

Liberty City Police Commissioner

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:13 AM

Just thought I'd share this, but if for some reason you can't watch the playoffs on your TV I found a great site for watching the playoffs live online. I recently had a power failure and was able to watch the Magic sweep the Hawks on my laptop thanks to this website. So just check the list on the website the night of a game and it should be there.

http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

DazedFinch
  • DazedFinch

Shaken and Baked

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (dirty_neon @ May 8 2010, 23:01)
In regards to Lebron being the best, I was able to watch nearly all of Jordan's career and a decent about of Magic and Kareem. Jordan and Lebron are very different players on the court. Early in Jordan's career he was a dunk machine and was powerful, but similar to Kobe he grew much more finesse later in his career and improved on his shooting range. You can see Lebron doing that as he matures, but he is so much more physical and large that he will probably maintain that scary power later into his career than Jordan did. I think Jordan is the greatest of all time, and Kobe is the second best (counting only people I've seen in my lifetime), but Lebron is on the fast track to being on that list. He just needs to win a championship and stay healthy.

I agree with this. To add I don't think Lebron can be considered better than either Kobe or Jordan. Kobe has four rings, I'm pretty sure Lebron wants to win more than that. The question is can he and if he doesn't win one this year who will he team up with this off season out of the big free agents.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (DazedFinch @ May 13 2010, 06:56)
The question is can he and if he doesn't win one this year who will he team up with this off season out of the big free agents.

He'd probably end up in New York, If he doesn't win a Championship with the Cavs this post-season

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:00 AM Edited by ass reamer, 14 May 2010 - 03:04 AM.

I'm a cock gobbler and I like to gobble cock.

So the Penguins fall last night, and the Cavaliers fall tonight, could this week get any better?

Good to see the "King" and his team flat out quit there in the last two minutes. That guy is just such a gamer. sarcasm.gif I hope his clear lack of desire this series opens some eyes to his disingenuous bullsh*t. He's all about building his international fame, not winning basketball games.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (ass reamer @ May 14 2010, 03:00)
So the Penguins fall last night, and the Cavaliers fall tonight, could this week get any better?

Give the other Teams a chance to win a Championship lol

-----------------------------------------------------------
Looks Like Lebron Leaving the Cavs due to tonights SERIES lost to the celtics.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (ass reamer @ May 14 2010, 03:00)
Good to see the "King" and his team flat out quit there in the last two minutes. That guy is just such a gamer. sarcasm.gif I hope his clear lack of desire this series opens some eyes to his disingenuous bullsh*t. He's all about building his international fame, not winning basketball games.

Agreed. I am hoping he would stay since he didn't bring the championship to his home state, where he grew up to be a man. He was going to leave if he brought a championship to Cleveland, gives him a reason to leave. But if he leaves now, he will be the most hated man Cleveland and wouldn't be able to step foot in the city. Watch. If he has any wits, he, "The Chosen One", "Akron Hammer", would leave once he wins the big one.

"NEW YORK KNICKS!"

Haha, that was f*cking great.

dirty_neon
  • dirty_neon

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:14 PM Edited by dirty_neon, 14 May 2010 - 10:17 PM.

QUOTE (ass reamer @ May 13 2010, 22:00)

I completely disagree with your last statement. It takes more than one person to win a championship, or even one game for that matter. He had a triple double last night including 19 rebounds. How did he fail whatsoever? He doesn't have the right squad around him. Sure when they were down double digits with a minute to go he didn't run the court like his ass was on fire, because the game was over. He busts his f*cking ass every day to be the best player he's able to be, and to make sure his teammates know what they're supposed to do. Listen to anyone who has played with him and they will say the same things. Just cuz the guy didn't win a ring this year doesn't make him any less of a baller. I'm no LeBron homer, for the record, I just think your post is wrong.

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (dirty_neon @ May 14 2010, 18:14)
How did he fail whatsoever?

He shot 38% and had nine turnovers, several occurring down the stretch in the 4th quarter.

You wouldn't say that allowing his team to quit on a nine point game with two minutes to go and the season on the line isn't a true tell of character? The guy's a bullsh*tter, which will be proven he goes to play in New York for a fat contract and a chance to infiltrate the largest sports market in the country.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (ass reamer @ May 15 2010, 02:26)
QUOTE (dirty_neon @ May 14 2010, 18:14)
How did he fail whatsoever?

He shot 38% and had nine turnovers, several occurring down the stretch in the 4th quarter.

You wouldn't say that allowing his team to quit on a nine point game with two minutes to go and the season on the line isn't a true tell of character? The guy's a bullsh*tter, which will be proven he goes to play in New York for a fat contract and a chance to infiltrate the largest sports market in the country.

Not to mention you could tell he just gave up. The way he walked up the court, not wanting the ball, not fouling, even to untucking his jersey with 30-40 seconds left. He looked like a basketball player who didn't want to play and wanted to get out of his Cleveland jersey quickly as possible.... which he did.

Like I said, he will be the most hated man in Cleveland once he leaves. Which from his post-game press conference, he just looked like he was ready to leave.

But, dirty-neon, I agree. You would've thought Jaminson would've came through or something, they are a great regular season team, but Boston just eliminated everybody except LeBron, and with LeBron throwing the ball away like beads on Marti Gras, they are going to lose miserably.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

Although in New York it won't be easy to build a Championship team for Lebron.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

Yeah, look at Patrick Ewing. I think LeBron is pulling major strings to be able to bring who he wants to his team, coaches included. I would like to see him in New Jersey. They are going to get the number one pick, which they can bring in John Wall or Evan Turner, and not to mention they have a good point guard, Devin Harris, and good center with huge potential in Brook Lopez.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:46 AM

Lakers-Celtics in the NBA Finals with the Celtics owning the Lakers at 6.

GTA 1911
  • GTA 1911

Liberty City Police Commissioner

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

The Magic lost! nervous.gif

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:25 AM Edited by Runey., 17 May 2010 - 09:31 AM.

I'm starting to think more and more that the Celtics will take the east, and probably the NBA title. It's pick your poison with them, you can't just focus on one player like you can with Cleveland. (Let's face it, lts LeBron and a bunch of scrubs, apart from Jamison and Shaq, and he's past his prime.).

Celtics win over the Magic in 6

Lakers win in 7 games, it'll be a tough one against the Suns.

Now, I must weigh in on LeBron and the possibility of him leaving the Cavaliers. People seem to have this notion that he owes it to the city and team to stay. Wrong, he's an unrestricted free agent, he should be able to go wherever he wishes without that kind of crap. I don't like him, personally, but still. His contract's up, he's honored it, so he doesn't owe anything to the team.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ May 16 2010, 00:50)
Yeah, look at Patrick Ewing. I think LeBron is pulling major strings to be able to bring who he wants to his team, coaches included. I would like to see him in New Jersey. They are going to get the number one pick, which they can bring in John Wall or Evan Turner, and not to mention they have a good point guard, Devin Harris, and good center with huge potential in Brook Lopez.

I agree he's a good match in New Jersey, too bad new jersey didn't save much salary cap for lebron -As Far As I Know

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (GerryM @ May 17 2010, 10:17)
QUOTE (DOOM! @ May 16 2010, 00:50)

I agree he's a good match in New Jersey, too bad new jersey didn't save much salary cap for lebron -As Far As I Know

I believe they have, or they can. The new big time owner from Moscow (or somewhere overseas) is investing a lot of money into his new team. They didn't get first pick, got 3rd, with Washington getting John Wall. I guess we will be seeing a Arenas and Wall combo. Dunno 'bout that.

Celtics looking to sweep Magic? I bet Magic wins next two games, Celtics are horrible at home for some reason.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

Celtics are horrible at home for some reason.

Yeah, they even lost to the Nets in the TD Garden. confused.gif

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

I am hoping to see Celtics close out in a sweep right now. Pretty tight in 1st quarter so far. I was hoping for a Celtics/Suns NBA Finals, but I don't see Suns beating Lakers. But Celtics/Lakers is shouldn't be to bad of a watch.

Chorup
  • Chorup

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks are the two remaining teams that will play in the final for the Stanley Cup.
Philadelphia won 4-1 in games today after a 4-2 win over Montreal.

I've only developed an interest in ice hockey recently and have caught the odd game here and there. It's a great sport, which i probably starting becoming interested interest in after buying the NHL 09 game on ps3 biggrin.gif

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

National Basketball League, this ain't hockey.

God damnit I was hoping Celtics would close out at home, but they slipped a little bit and Jameer Nelson came through when it mattered the most. I hope Orlando don't make a come-back, but I just have a feeling.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

@chorup STAY ON TOPIC wow.gif

Well i hope orlando makes a comeback, they deserve another shot at the title colgate.gif
Celtics are horrible at home for some reason.Yeah, they even lost to the Nets in the TD Garden.

the Lost to the nets this season was a SHOCK cry.gif

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (GerryM @ May 26 2010, 01:05)
@chorup STAY ON TOPIC wow.gif

Well i hope orlando makes a comeback, they deserve another shot at the title colgate.gif
Celtics are horrible at home for some reason.Yeah, they even lost to the Nets in the TD Garden.

the Lost to the nets this season was a SHOCK cry.gif

No they don't. They are the same team, except with Vince Carter replaced Hedo Turkoglu (bad move). Other than that, they don't deserve another shot, because the will get pounded by the Lakers in the finals, worse than last year.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:18 AM

Celtics can't lose 4 straight that would be pathetic. It was so close last night Pierce had a shot, well multiple shots he should have got it done... they had the last 20 seconds of the game. tounge.gif

Watching the suns and lakers now.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Urban Legend @ May 26 2010, 01:18)
Celtics can't lose 4 straight that would be pathetic.

and they will be part of the "Boston Cursed" (since in the NHL the bruins lost 4 straight, giving the flyers a Comeback and won the series)

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

That last game in Orlando was probably the wackiest game I've ever seen. There was like 6 technicals in 2 minutes. lol.gif
Perkins won't be suspended for the next game but I wish he was!

edit: And baby davis... wow.gif Just added to the weirdness.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

OK GUYS! FAKERS and the CELSTICKS in the NBA FINALS!

I'm Guessing Fakers in 6, Boston is inconsistent sad.gif

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

Fakers? mad.gif

Its gonna be a tough series. But I'm going for game 6 Lakers. biggrin.gif

Now we are evened up. Before we had trouble guarding Pierce because of Ariza, now we have Artest on him and HomeCourt.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

POLL:
user posted image
Go FAKERS!....... I mean LAKERS!!!!!!

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

Did you know that since 1999, with the exception of the '06 Mavericks, the Western Conference Champion has either been the Spurs or the Lakers? That's a pretty one-sided decade, ladies and gentlemen.

Being a (long-suffering) Kings fan, I naturally want Boston to beat LA. I'd love to see the Celtics continue to dominate this rivalry. Besides, don't you guys think Kobe and Phil (especially Phil) have enough rings anyhow? tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users