» «
Photo

"Fixed" chase view for GTA IV

16 replies to this topic
skiddmark
  • skiddmark

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:07 AM Edited by skiddmark, 23 April 2010 - 02:54 AM.

Tired of looking at the side of the car after making a turn, being unable to see what's in front of you? Can't see in front of the car even from behind?
This edited "vehOff.csv" file fixes that. It uses repositioned bonnet camera to establish a view that is behind and above the car, never moves from behind the vehicle when you turn and provides great view of the road in front of the vehicles.
There's a lot of bouncing and jiggling while you drive because I don't know how to disconnect the camera from the suspension confused.gif Another shortcoming is that shooting from this view is difficult, you will need to switch to one of the normal swinging camera views to drive & shoot.
This is the same view that the popular "in car" view mod uses so if you use this you will lose that.
This is for the stock vehicles in the game only.
I don't know if new cars added to the game change "vehOff.csv" but
you can manually copy/replace any of the "bonnet_fwd" and "bonnet_bwd" lines in "vehOff.csv" for any vehicle you have added to the game.
The normal "swinging" views are untouched.
Includes all cars and motorcycles except the Speedo van and Freeway.
Trucks remain stock bonnet cam views.
I'll post some screens soon but you can't really appreciate what it does without movement.
Update: Screens posted!
  • zendragos likes this

liasha
  • liasha

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

thenx u

but why rockstar dont do it? they are stuped sad.gif

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:32 PM Edited by CyberOps, 23 April 2010 - 05:41 PM.

does it also work for EFLC ???? if not could u make it work ?

Would be nice if you can fix it so the cam is not fixed to the suspension, if you can fix that then it's a winner wink.gif

Havok S14
  • Havok S14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

Is this pretty much the same mod as the "Drift Cam"?

skiddmark
  • skiddmark

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:28 PM Edited by skiddmark, 24 April 2010 - 11:40 PM.

I don't know EFLC and Drift Cam. I don't use any mods (except shiny cars icon14.gif ), too complicated. I just got so sick of the views I did this fixed view out of desperation. It was either that or shelve the game for good.
If EFLC has a "vehOff.csv" file with boot_fwd and boot_bwd lines in the same format as GTA IV you can replace the lines with the ones from my edited vehOff.csv.
Any will do, the Admiral is a good choice.
It would be even nicer if one of the swinging views could get "fixed"! I've tried and tried but there's just no community interest in finding out how the views work.

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

lets hope someone knows how to fix it so it doesn't go all humpty bumpty because of it being locked into the suspension

Havok S14
  • Havok S14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (skiddmark @ Apr 24 2010, 23:28)
It would be even nicer if one of the swinging views could get "fixed"! I've tried and tried but there's just no community interest in finding out how the views work.

I am totally with you on that. The first mod I ever looked for was a fix for the camera. To me the camera not staying behind the car takes a lot of fun away from the driving aspect of the game, which this game is basically based on the driving.

And the Drift cam is pretty much the same mod as yours: Drift Cam Mod

I really wish some one would make a fix for this. I love all the modded vehicles out there for GTA IV, but I would enjoy them a lot more with a perfect camera fix sad.gif .

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Still hoping that somone can make a good working cam mod with a better fixed view sad.gif

skiddmark
  • skiddmark

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (CyberOps @ May 9 2010, 16:38)
Still hoping that somone can make a good working cam mod with a better fixed view sad.gif

Me too.
The question is, how can we generate some interest in this subject to get some real modders to look into it?

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

GTA:IV scripter

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

I've had a look (I'm bored now tounge.gif), setting cams while the player is on foot is easy. Very, VERY easy. But doing that while the player is in a car is a bit more tricky, the game doesnt want to use my camera... blergh.

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:21 AM Edited by Pixelated, 16 May 2010 - 07:32 AM.

It's a definite improvement but I was expecting it to be "locked" to the rear of the vehicle. It still trails a bit and I still find myself using the right analog stick to follow around corners. Is there an easy way to lock it to the rear of the car? Thanks.

skiddmark
  • skiddmark

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:44 AM Edited by skiddmark, 23 June 2010 - 12:17 AM.

QUOTE (Pixelated @ May 16 2010, 06:21)
It's a definite improvement but I was expecting it to be "locked" to the rear of the vehicle. It still trails a bit and I still find myself using the right analog stick to follow around corners. Is there an easy way to lock it to the rear of the car? Thanks.

I can't imagine what you mean, the cam in my mod is absolutely locked on the rear of the vehicle. Keep in mind, everyone, that you have to cycle through the views to find the locked view and it will not work for cars you have added to the game which are not listed in the stock "vehOff.csv".
It's easy enough to overwrite the two lines needed for any car listing.

devduttbhatt
  • devduttbhatt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hi...
When I Copied the above vehoff.csv file in my installation directory. My game stopped working.
It didn't started at all.
is it because i am using windows 7?
Please Help.

skiddmark
  • skiddmark

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

It goes in the DATA folder. It's used with the stock game cars only. There are no bugs in it. I don't know about win7 but if the game ran before, it should continue to work.
Replace the file with the original.

phoenix83
  • phoenix83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (skiddmark @ Wednesday, Apr 21 2010, 02:07)
Tired of looking at the side of the car after making a turn, being unable to see what's in front of you? Can't see in front of the car even from behind?
This edited "vehOff.csv" file fixes that. It uses repositioned bonnet camera to establish a view that is behind and above the car, never moves from behind the vehicle when you turn and provides great view of the road in front of the vehicles.
There's a lot of bouncing and jiggling while you drive because I don't know how to disconnect the camera from the suspension confused.gif Another shortcoming is that shooting from this view is difficult, you will need to switch to one of the normal swinging camera views to drive & shoot.
This is the same view that the popular "in car" view mod uses so if you use this you will lose that.
This is for the stock vehicles in the game only.
I don't know if new cars added to the game change "vehOff.csv" but
you can manually copy/replace any of the "bonnet_fwd" and "bonnet_bwd" lines in "vehOff.csv" for any vehicle you have added to the game.
The normal "swinging" views are untouched.
Includes all cars and motorcycles except the Speedo van and Freeway.
Trucks remain stock bonnet cam views.
I'll post some screens soon but you can't really appreciate what it does without movement.
Update: Screens posted!

how much weeks is need to download it??

ch3y3zze
  • ch3y3zze

ni**erKILLER

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

2010... LOL

spiderpig86
  • spiderpig86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

where is the file for download as i cant for the life of me find it here... cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users