» «
Photo

Bad textures on car

81 replies to this topic
Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:58 AM Edited by Hypertenzion, 26 April 2010 - 10:44 PM.

Tried the game for the first time last night and it made a bad impression by a single thing:

The first car you get to drive in has very and I say VERY bad textures on the headlights + tail lights + No backing up lights (white one's, when you reverse the car).

And when you look around and see the old cars from the original GTA IV, you see every detail on those cars are PERFECT.

I'm glad I borrowed the game and it pisses me off and makes me NOT wanna buy the game, when every other nice detail of the game is almost perfect.

Rockstar... FIX TEXTURE PROBLEMS ON CARS that are created by YOU, and make them look PERFECT, and not like a modded car from the 3rd parties.

Example of the glitch:

Playing on the PC.
My specs:

- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
- Core i7-920 4x2.66GHz (Overclocked to 3.00GHz)
- 6GB Kingston DDR3-1333 TripleChannel RAM
- 1 x 750 GB S-ATAII 3Gb/s Fluid Silent (7200rpm)
- 2 x GTX260 (Core216) 896MB DDR3 (SLI)
- Windows 7 64x

So no *ssh0le is gonna reply with a "Your pc is not good enough" or anything like it. The original GTA IV works perfect - Including BOGT, but the textures are f*cking bad on that single car.

EDIT: The cars that are affected by the "light" glitch is the SCHAFTER + DUKES + HELLFURY + STALLION + BUFFALO + PCJ600 + SERRANO + FUTO (Almost every vehicle with some exceptions) in BOGT

hendrikius
  • hendrikius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

I have the game on a PS3 system and the graphics are just fine, even better than the graphics on GTA4.

Sorry if this is off topic!

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Apr 20 2010, 09:58)
Playing on the PC.

That pretty much explains it.

smeagol
  • smeagol

Razmataz

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

So your not going to buy it just because of some texture problem that only you seem to have?

Would it be possible if you could post a pic of this?

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Its annoying me, i always played with textures on Middle, now they remove the other Texture-Filter and now the Textures look like Low everywhere.. i need to set it to high instead of middle (which causes more lagg for my pc) to have the real Middle Textures.. wtf rockstar u f*cked up hard.

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (KingBulleT. 8747 @ Apr 20 2010, 14:37)
Its annoying me, i always played with textures on Middle, now they remove the other Texture-Filter and now the Textures look like Low everywhere.. i need to set it to high instead of middle (which causes more lagg for my pc) to have the real Middle Textures.. wtf rockstar u f*cked up hard.

The texture filter is now that anistrophic something setting. It's still there and works the same way.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (simkas @ Apr 20 2010, 16:37)
QUOTE (KingBulleT. 8747 @ Apr 20 2010, 14:37)

The texture filter is now that anistrophic something setting. It's still there and works the same way.

But it doesnt work like before, either they f*cked up the Textures that they are low sh*t, or they just changed somewith with the Filter.

It was like Shadow, Low, Medium, High & Max, now its just anistropic and all of them doesnt change ANYTHING to the textures like the old Filter..

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:13 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 20 April 2010 - 05:22 PM.

I'll post a picture, to compare old cars from original GTA IV to the new Schafter here in BOGT.

I think the game is GREAT, and the graphics are STUNNING, compared to the original GTA IV, but that single car CANNOT look like it's been created by a 3rd party modder from outside the Rockstar business.

Every other detail in the game is NICE, and I've got no problem at all besides that car!

QUOTE (SeraphimSoldier)

That is one big lame 4ss comment! Everybody knows that PC's OWN consoles in graphics and speed - BIG TIME!
So stop these pathetic comments about "Ah.. Your playing it on the pc, that explains it".

It is Rockstar games that have failed this time!

IVSA_Guy
  • IVSA_Guy

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Apr 20 2010, 17:13)
I'll post a picture, to compare old cars from original GTA IV to the new Schafter here in BOGT.

I think the game is GREAT, and the graphics are STUNNING, compared to the original GTA IV, but that single car CANNOT look like it's been created by a 3rd party modder from outside the Rockstar business.

Every other detail in the game is NICE, and I've got no problem at all besides that car!

QUOTE (SeraphimSoldier)

That is one big lame 4ss comment! Everybody knows that PC's OWN consoles in graphics and speed - BIG TIME!
So stop these pathetic comments about "Ah.. Your playing it on the pc, that explains it".

It is Rockstar games that have failed this time!

Dont moan and bitch, post pics or GTFO xD

If that car has really low textures, you can fix it
by importing textures from the others cars
thats have same textures in high res ones.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I got the exact opposite reaction (360) I thought the reflection on the car looked sick the first time I started up the game

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:26 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 20 April 2010 - 11:12 PM.

EDIT: The video should be viewable now in 1080p

Tivo222
  • Tivo222

GTA EFLC Beta Mod - Texturing Artist, Helper

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

Rockstar Toronto "engineers" should be fired, BRING BACK R* NORTH PORTS

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

Seems like your whining and kicking up a fuss about a hugely minor problem on one single car.

The headlights work, but look dimmer when you look directly at them and you can't see the white bits in them when you look at the front (which you don't do when you're driving forward...) & the reverse lights don't work...

Man, I wouldn't buy the game either. It's just outrageous.

I reckon you should write to Rockstar man, seriously.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Apr 20 2010, 21:52)
Seems like your whining and kicking up a fuss about a hugely minor problem on one single car.

The headlights work, but look dimmer when you look directly at them and you can't see the white bits in them when you look at the front (which you don't do when you're driving forward...) & the reverse lights don't work...

Some people (I) do take small problems very serious as I require some kind of standard when buying a game. There's no purpose in buying a game, when some things look like sh!t, when they are not supposed to.

I will complain to Rockstar.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Apr 20 2010, 20:58)

Some people (I) do take small problems very serious as I require some kind of standard when buying a game. There's no purpose in buying a game, when some things look like sh!t, when they are not supposed to.

Yeah, I'd feel annoyed too if some things looked like sh*t when they're not supposed to - but in your case, you have ONE minor glitch on ONE car...

The car still works and the lights do technically still work aswell.

Anyway, good luck with your complaint about a game you haven't paid for and you're playing for free and moaning about a teeny tiny glitch. icon14.gif

Out of curiousity, is this glitch happenning to anyone else with a PC?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:12 PM Edited by Indi., 20 April 2010 - 09:16 PM.

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Apr 20 2010, 22:06)

Nope, my game's fine, I'm not taking sides either or getting involved in some oblivious debate, just saying that everything on my game's fine.

Not trying to be rude either smile.gif

I don't know why people get these problems, very weird.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Apr 20 2010, 20:58)

Yeah, I'd feel annoyed too if some things looked like sh*t when they're not supposed to - but in your case, you have ONE minor glitch on ONE car...

The car still works and the lights do technically still work aswell.

Anyway, good luck with your complaint about a game you haven't paid for and you're playing for free and moaning about a teeny tiny glitch. icon14.gif

Would gladly buy the game, if some too obvious bugs weren't thrown in my face in the start of the game icon14.gif

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Apr 20 2010, 22:12)

Nope, my game's fine, I'm not taking sides either or getting involved in some oblivious debate, just saying that everything on my game's fine.

Not trying to be rude either smile.gif

I don't know why people get these problems, very weird.

Are you verifying that you are playing BOGT on pc and do not have these texture problems with the new Schafter?

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

So your friend is the only one with this incredibly minor glitch on one of the hundred or so vehicles in the game. And because of that you aren't going to buy it.

This game is more focused on shooting and things besides cars, if you want extremely life-like car textures go play some other game.

And don't double post.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Apr 20 2010, 22:22)
So your friend is the only one with this incredibly minor glitch on one of the hundred or so vehicles in the game. And because of that you aren't going to buy it.

This game is more focused on shooting and things besides cars, if you want extremely life-like car textures go play some other game.

And don't double post.

Obviously he is NOT the only one with this glitch:

Here's another proof:

Fast forward to 2:13 in the video, and you'll see the same glitch.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Apr 20 2010, 21:32)

And don't double post.

Here's another proof:

You're playing a game for free and your experiencing a glitch in a single car, stop whining.

So when you winge to R* about a tiny texture not showing up on one car on a game you didn't pay for, make sure you post their reply here so the millions of us experiencing this HUGE problem can see how to resolve it.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Apr 20 2010, 22:41)

And don't double post.

Here's another proof:

You're playing a game for free and your experiencing a glitch in a single car, stop whining.

So when you winge to R* about a tiny texture not showing up on one car on a game you didn't pay for, make sure you post their reply here so the millions of us experiencing this HUGE problem can see how to resolve it.

I'm happy you don't care about the glitch, but I do.
Why would I stop complaining when my goal is to solve this "HUGE" glitch and make the game as perfect as possible.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Hypertenzion @ Apr 20 2010, 21:53)
QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Apr 20 2010, 22:41)

And don't double post.

Here's another proof:

Why would I stop complaining when my goal is to solve this "HUGE" glitch and make the game as perfect as possible.

Because the glitch is so ridiculously minimal, it's something you have to go out of your way to notice when you're driving forward, and something you may only notice for a split second untill the camera turns around when you're reversing.

The lights work, but a tiny texture is missing on the one car - It's really not a big deal bro.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

break the quote train.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

SammiiDoogles:

I feel it's a big deal, because I enjoy every little detail of the game (Also the reason why I'm on a pc and not a console) and when I happen to notice a glitch like this it's really annoying.
If the vehicle originated from a modder outside the Rockstar franchise it wouldn't be a problem, because no one can blame a mod made totally for free.
I hope it gets sorted out (I am considering buying the game, but I want some kind of answer that they are gonna look into it) It's such a small problem that they could fix in no time compared to other major problems they could be facing alien.gif

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:36 AM

Tony's shaft is fine in my game. Must just be a random glitch in the PC version.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

LOL! Those are not textures biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Just the model is a bit messed up, wait till Oleg releases the new wft fix then we will be able to fix this problem.

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

user posted image

Seriously, though, it's a very minor issue. Just be glad that the episodes came to the PC in the first place.

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:55 AM

I don't get it. I simply don't notice it, whatever this "glitch" you're hinting at exactly specifies.

BTW, do you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Because that's what your posts are hinting at.

dunno
  • dunno

Bros before hoes, man

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

I never noticed any "problems" with that car until just now. But then again I wasn't staring at the lights on the car... I was playing GTA. Omygawd man go get a 6-star-wanted level or something. Don't just be staring at the lights of the car and then get all mad.

There's a LOT of more things to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users