WHAT IT DOES: This very simple script comes in two flavors. (Only use one version.)
Auto-Hide Version: Automatically hides the radar + health/armor bars. Press and hold the Tab key to unhide. This version is ideal for HUD-free gameplay.
Toggle Version: Only hides/unhides the radar + health/armor bars when you press Tab. This version is ideal for temporarily hiding the radar while taking screenshots or recording videos.
HOW TO INSTALL: This is a script for HazardX's .NET scripthook. Just place the .cs file in the 'scripts' folder of the .NET scripthook.
Auto-Hide Version DOWNLOAD
Toggle Version DOWNLOAD
- The game constantly unhides the radar in most vehicle camera views, after using a rifle scope, taking a taxi ride, and some other situations. It'll try to re-hide itself every 2 seconds.
Tip: this script is uncompiled, which means you can open it and edit it yourself. For example, you could change Tab to some other key, or you could make the radar start out hidden when the game loads.
- Converted the script to C#
- Radar now tries to re-hide itself every 2 seconds (workaround for the radar being unhidden by the game)
- Radar now unhides when your health gets low
- The auto-hide version no longer acts like the toggle version when in vehicles
- Changed version numbering scheme
- Added better documentation on how to change Tab to a different key
- Slight optimization, added ability to toggle radar in some vehicle camera views
This is just a little feature that I wanted in my game to hide the HUD when I don't need it. I haven't seen a script around here that does this, so I thought I'd post it in case anyone else wants this feature for their game. It's especially nice in first person.
Edited by AngryAmoeba, 11 September 2013 - 04:50 AM.